Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wind-up Waffles

Kiarra-Chan
Melomar

If they don't see it here, I'll be a pest during the ATA this Monday. ^^
That's a great idea. Make sure they're crystal clear about what will and won't be included!

Dangerous Friend

12,300 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
StrawberryZ0mbie
I dislike that if someone has me on ignore, I can't even LOOK at their posts. That just seems so first grade to me and it seems like it has the possibility of disrupting discussions. If I'm discussing something in a thread and someone who has me on ignore comes in and replies to a person I'm talking to---and that person responds without quoting the person I suddenly can't see because they have me on ignore. It seems like it's going to cause confusions because I'm not going to know who (or what) they're responding to. I'm going to have to log out so I can view all the posts, just so I can follow the thread of the conversation. That seems unnecessarily cumbersome.
Overall, I doubt this will affect me much but I've always felt the ignore feature should focus on interaction--not just LOOKING at someone. There are lots of reasons I might want or need to look at the posts of someone who has me on ignore and now, to do that, I have to log out.
Annoying.
Overall, I suppose it's not too bad and I do think many of these changes have been needed for a long while. But I do dislike the aspect that may impact forum interactions and discussions because that seems like it could be frustrating. 8(

I agree but then they could talk carp about them and they will not know about it but that's the only problem I have w/ it .... and oh the ones who like to abuse things like this too.

Tiny Shapeshifter

I would prefer it if you made it a one-way street for Ignore feature. For things that are close to harassment potentiality, please make a separate feature for individuals who needs it (and call it the block feature).

Unforgiving Shapeshifter

Awesome :3
I've been waiting for something like this to happen in a long time <3

Ruthless Wench

Dark Chaotic Nightmare
How about fixing the stupid "over 500 friends" glitch?

The over 500 friends rule was removed a LONG, LONG time ago, and yet we are still recieving "You have over 500 friends so you cant add this person" etc etc, messages SITE WIDE. (that means EVERYWHERE)

Can we get this fixed please? This should have been done a long time ago. It's starting to piss me off.

May I ask what glitch you are referencing?

Charmed Shapeshifter

18,375 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Voter 100
  • Contributor 150
Sounds like a great update ^^ I cant wait to see how it go's~

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
All seems good except for the bit about them not being able to enter your threads and you not being able to enter theirs.

It'd be crap in places like the GCD where someone is unofficially nominated to make threads like new RIG lists. If people couldn't even read threads like that then it would suck. And what about guides/resources and the Q&A forum? I can only see it leading to more duplicate threads.

People get 'ignored' for some pretty random reasons, often by users they've never even interacted with. I think it would be better if people could only not view a thread if they have put a person on 'ignore'.

Doting Darling

14,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
Silver Nox
Petite Aristocrat
Any plans to make the ignore list bigger? I noticed the cut off is 500... I... I ... need more slots than that for ignores.
Haha, why do you need to ignore so many people?

I spend time in Rally. When people decide to spam/flood the chat, ignoring them makes it so I don't see their posts. I also ignore people trying to have cyber sex, saying things I don't want to read, etc. It's not always people talking to me. Just people I don't want to see the posts of. I reached my max quite some time ago though.

Melomar
The Solarised Night
Oh thanks. That point wasn't clear that it referred to the preview window. My hopes have been confirmed. This is an excellent idea. I am so sick of the stalking and harrassment.

I had to re-read it myself. I think people who dislike each other should be able to enjoy the same threads. But if you're so angry with them that you can't stand to even see them, or if they're stalking you, you aren't going to want to post. This is going to make people happier I think. smile

I don't post in forums generally. And I'm not mad or hateful toward them. I just don't like wasting my time reading spam and gibberish. *Smile* If it's not on my screen, I can't read it. It's usually not something personal. It is an "Ignore list" not a "Hate list" *Giggle*
Existing posts by you will be hidden for them when they create a new post in a thread and existing posts by them will be hidden for you when you create a new post in a thread

woohoo!

renahk's Husband

Swashbuckling Vampire

One of the only things I'm worried about is people blocking someone else and then using that opportunity to go to a thread they're in and then post rude/harassing messages about them, or revealing personal information. If they've ignored you, and you can't see their posts, how can you report them?

Aside from that, I can't think of anything else. Decent update, I suppose. I scarcely use the ignore list but I know a few people that have some serious vendettas.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

Ash Duke
StrawberryZ0mbie
I dislike that if someone has me on ignore, I can't even LOOK at their posts. That just seems so first grade to me and it seems like it has the possibility of disrupting discussions. If I'm discussing something in a thread and someone who has me on ignore comes in and replies to a person I'm talking to---and that person responds without quoting the person I suddenly can't see because they have me on ignore. It seems like it's going to cause confusions because I'm not going to know who (or what) they're responding to. I'm going to have to log out so I can view all the posts, just so I can follow the thread of the conversation. That seems unnecessarily cumbersome.
Overall, I doubt this will affect me much but I've always felt the ignore feature should focus on interaction--not just LOOKING at someone. There are lots of reasons I might want or need to look at the posts of someone who has me on ignore and now, to do that, I have to log out.
Annoying.
Overall, I suppose it's not too bad and I do think many of these changes have been needed for a long while. But I do dislike the aspect that may impact forum interactions and discussions because that seems like it could be frustrating. 8(

I agree but then they could talk carp about them and they will not know about it but that's the only problem I have w/ it .... and oh the ones who like to abuse things like this too.

I agree that could certainly be a problem. Especially in certain scenarios. People should not have to reply on a friend to tell them they're being openly flamed somewhere on the site. If I know a person has a problem with me and a history of saying inflammatory things about me, I feel I shouldn't be excluded from seeing their posts myself.

After all, I'm not ignoring them...they're ignoring ME.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about it disrupting discussions and such, though, as most of the forums in which I participate are discussion and debate oriented. D=

Loving Elder

Those are really nice features. I have nothing against them. I don't know how it will play out since I don't have anyone on ignore but we shall see.

9,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
LOL very funny

Dapper Darling

Uncle Kenny
      I would like to be able to see the most recent login times for those on my ignore list -- lets me clear the list from time to time of users who have since quit the site.

Kitten

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out