Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like Achievements?

Yes 0.58447287163652 58.4% [ 2650 ]
No 0.079841199823555 8.0% [ 362 ]
Bacon 0.33568592853992 33.6% [ 1522 ]
Total Votes:[ 4534 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 80 81 82 > >>

Greedy Fatcat

Thread is locked surprised . Use the new thread http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/achievements-update-coming-soon/t.61849491/ Trying to keep all the feedback in one spot.

We've been building an Achievements System for Gaia! In Phase I, we built the basic mechanics and UI for Achievements along with a small set of "beginner" achievements, which will be completed by doing various challenges throughout the site. Initially, we will release Phase I in Gaia Labs and during this period, we will be collecting user feedback and collecting statistics about its usage so we can improve the final product. We have great number of ideas for achievements, but we're also inviting everyone to suggest ideas for future achievements.

• To get started with Achievements, head over to Gaia Labs and click activate Achievements. As long as you have a verified account (verify your email if you haven't already!), you will immediately complete your first achievement.
  • You will see a new module in the header to control achievements (next to gold and gcash indicators). From here it should be self-explanatory. If at any time you are confused about what to do, please post in the thread and explain how we can improve it.

Please Note: We are slowly turning on the feature for more and more people. If you do not see Achievements in Labs, be patient! We will turn it on for everyone once we are confident everything works right.

In the coming weeks we will be building out a more comprehensive set of achievements, complete with high level challenges that hopefully will catch your interest. In the meantime, try the system out and let us know what you think. Thanks for participating in the Labs portion of Achievements!

Edit: Ooops! I had the thread locked razz . Use this thread for bug reports, suggestions, or any other kind of feedback.

Questions and Answers

What are the points for?
The points are for showing off your status now, but we plan to have level achievements at different point levels which unlock cool things.

Do our previous actions not count for the system?
Great question! Complicated answer though. For the most part, new achievements will require you to go through them to get the achievement. There are some exceptions though - for example your post count will count towards any high post count achievements. Same thing with join-date and anything else we already have a "counter" for. If we come across a design for an achievement that will cause some hardship, we may try to grandfather existing users in. It all depends on the achievement.

Can we turn off achievements display under avatar in forums?
We're still debating that. On one hand it creates a more game-like environment and encourages everyone to participate. Remember later there will be lots and lots of achievements - some really hard or rare, so it will be more fun than just a bunch of newbie achievements. On the other hand, some users will not be interested and not want to look at it. Unfortunatetely, if enough users turn it off, then no one will see them . So maybe we will run an experiment to see how many turn it off.

What about zOMG badges?
zOMG will be coming later. zOMG already has a badge system but it is not integrated into the new system. We hope to combine the two into one system so that zOMG badges can be shared the same way. Getting a little bit ahead of ourselves though as we haven't started planning that.

We're also building an official Help page Achievements Help

Common Suggestions

• Simplified achievement notifications - no sound, no effects, for users with slower computers or who do not want such a grandiose event

3,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
please try it out. wohoooo it's out!!

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
The animation, along with the random music I got, was a little too much for my computer D:
Could you maybe get rid of the music, or have an opinion to?

Dangerous Elocutionist

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
Now that this is finally released I can proudly flaunt the achievements I got during testing! biggrin I loved this feature from the get go, I was almost impatiently waiting for it to be released. Yay for being released! I do hope more achievements become available in the future and that there is something we can do with our earned points. 3nodding

Shameless Wench

what are the points for?

Dangerous Guildsman

i love it i have 900 points alreddy
oops make that 1000
when i opened the achievements page for the first time, it made my browser perform an illegal operation, after all kinds of java errors (i thin they were java errors). domokun stargate
Um, I don't comprehend how you use it. Can you buy items with it, or something? Someone please tell me.

Feisty Lunatic

Lady Aidan
The animation, along with the random music I got, was a little too much for my computer D:
Could you maybe get rid of the music, or have an opinion to?

but now your gone and I'm fading...

I have to second this please. other than that, it looks really really cool!

...and I hurt in all these new ways
So far so good ^^ b
I think it's nice to have something like this.
gatemansgc
when i opened the achievements page for the first time, it made my browser perform an illegal operation, after all kinds of java errors (i thin they were java errors). domokun stargate

whoops, was quicktime errors, not java. was there supposed to be some kind of movie? domokun stargate

Invisible Phantom

11,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Is there going to be any comedic related ones?
I'd love to see a few.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

I personally like how this feature is being presented so far~ *A* It's pretty cute~

Now, what I especially like is how it encourages interaction and to have a little fun with other users depending on certain achievements.
I love achievements. They always make me feel special. I just wish the animation didn't come with it. It makes me lag like crazy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff