Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tavish didn't like spies in general, but decided to play along with the spy's disguise.
"ya wee scampering windbag! I bet you couldnt even handle a little sip of alcohol ya pint sized bunny!"

He was too busy yelling and throwing insults to notice the bottle missing from his hand and the Spyper.
"Aye! when did you get ere?...wait, WHO TOOK ME BOTTLE!?"
Confused, the Demo searched around forgetting about the medic fight in front of him. After a good minute or so, he noticed the newly upgraded dispenser and his once empty bottle that was now full again.

He snatched the bottle and took a big drink from it.
"Cheers, mate!" *belch*
All this dodging was tiring the RED Medic, but he never had the opening (or courage) to make any attacks of his own.

The other Medic was between him and the Engineer, so the RED could see the gunshots being fired without looking away from his opponent. The BLU seemed distracted, as distracted as he likely would ever be. If he was going to go on the offensive, this was going to be his only chance.

If only the BLU weren't so severely terrifying.

When he finally did attack, he had probably hesitated for too long, giving his counterpart time to regain his composure.

Malevolent Perfectionist

A glint of steel from the corner of his eye brought him back to the fight. By sheer reflex, he brought his arm back in to deflect the oncoming slash while simultaneously jumping back to regroup. As he stared down at his opponent though, there was a change in his expression; one of bemused contemplation.

"... Zwei Secunden..." he muttered, straightening his spine as his stance became more relaxed, "You had two seconds... I could haff had your intestines hanging out vhile my hand literally squeezed ze air from your lungs in zat amount ov time... but you... just... stood zherr...?" The calculating look he displayed turned to one of sheer disgust as he hastily placed his ubersaw back onto his belt holster. He honestly didn't know what to be more disappointed in; the RED's ineptitude or the plain-faced cowardice. There was no way of getting a good fight from this guy.

"How... Pathetic..." He hissed in finality, turning on his heel to head back over to his teammates.
He stood awkwardly panting as the other Medic stepped away. Once most of the adrenaline passed and his breathing slowed down, the RED realized something.

"This, ah... This duel... Ze point vas to disarm, yes?" He swung his bonesaw in a clumsy arc, "I am armed and you are not, yes? I believe I vin this one."

He turned his attention to the Spy, while staying away from the BLUs, "Scout! You saw that, didn't you? I von! I have never von before, I... Oh, a Sniper. Velcome."

((Oh, thank goodness. I think I was more terrified to roleplay a fight than my Medic was to participate in one.))
(Profile, as instructed:
Name: Skyler Doakes
Canon: Portal/Portal 2
Appearance: Short and petite, with blonde hair and light hazel eyes. Pale skin from plenty of hours indoors, freckles in the sun. )

Skyler had woken up in far worse and far better places than this one. Hung over in an airplane bathroom (with no idea of her destination), in a plush hotel room with a handsome stranger, on the roof of a hospital, to the sound of helicopters...yes, her life had been a colorful one.

She couldn't remember any of these however (being frozen for a span of quite a few years can do that to you) but she did remember one of her more recent awakenings: inside a small, all-glass room with a robotic voice instructing her on beginning her 'testing'. As an Aperture Employee (Research and Development Department) she was all too familiar with the robot and the testing. Aperture Science was all she knew. Her past life, memories of family and friends, all gone and replaced only with the stark white interior of the facility. But now she was somewhere new, and it was a little bit alarming. She wasn't entirely sure how she got there but, that wasn't unusual for the veteran test subject. Aperture Science Subjects were often knocked out on a whim and brought back after indeterminable amounts of time. In reality, she'd been portaled into the room only moments ago, cracking her head on the hard floor, which had most likely woken her up.

"Holy s**t." she mumbled to herself, rubbing her sore, ponytail'd head. She glanced around, none too quickly, so as not to agitate her sore head. It could have been a test chamber once, this room, but it had been bastardized into something else.

From around the corner, she heard voices. Skyler got to her feet, slowly, in a crouched position, and poked her head around. In the room she found some snacks, a few tough-looking men, but more importantly, a cake. Her eyes widened and she immediately approached the cake table, disregarding any and all people there. She cut herself a large slice, deciding she had very well earned it after all that testing.
"C'mon, Doc, yer a disappointment to, uh," What color was he again? It was so easy to get confused when disguised, "to RED. Why didn't ya pound his... skull... in... Well, I'll be, Snipes, ya did bring a dame. Why didn't ya say so?"

He watched the tiny girl snarf down an enormous slice of cake. A blonde. Kind of cute. He smoothed down his hair- or was it his mask?

"Puh-lease, Cyclops, I could out drink you any day! But first, we should get this lovely lady somethin' ta drink." he tapped a bat/knife against the Dispenser, "You got any champagne?"

((Hey, everyone, I've put a character list and a map on the first page, if you're interested.))
Skyler only glanced up at the occupants of the room once the cake on her plate had been demolished to mere crumbs. Even then she eyed the remaining cake, considering another slice of what had become the forbidden fruit of Aperture, before realizing she wasn't as alone as she was acting.

Skyler fully processed the presence, scanning each of the men. None of them were Aperture staff, she knew that much for sure. It occurred to her that the facility must no longer be under Aperture ownership. Had someone else bought them out? Had they been involved in a hostile takeover? What had happened to all the robots? Sure, she was glad to be rid of some of them (the turrets and GLaDOS, namely) but there had been a few bots whose company she'd enjoyed.

There were plenty of questions to be answered, and maybe these men had those answers. She realized that one of them, wielding a baseball bat, was talking about her, and in the same sentence as alcohol. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had a drink that wasn't highly processed and filtered sewer water. So, champagne? "I'll have something stronger, if you've got it." she said with a smirk.
"Sure do, ma'am," said the Engineer. He bent over and reached into a new compartment on the dispenser and produced a large brown bottle accompanied by two plain shot glasses.

"Hope whiskey fits your liking," he said as he placed the glasses down and began pouring. Faint wisps rose as he poured.

"Here ya - wha' hey now." The Engineer interrupted himself as he realized he was speaking to an unfamiliar face. "Are you here t' tell us why we're all here?"
"Whiskey suits me just fine." Skyler assured him, downing her shot. She gave her lips a minute smack, and grinned at Dell. Her smile quickly dissipated at his question.

"I'm not. I was hoping you fine gentlemen could fill me in on that." Skyler sighed, disappointed that she'd likely be left in the dark once again. "I'm Skyler Doakes, and this place looks quite a bit like my former place of employment, and, more recently, my place of captivity. Does 'Aperture Science' ring any bells with you?" she asked, helping herself to another shot.
"Out drink me!? OUT DRINK MEH!? HAH!" the Demoman scoffed.
Tavish didn't like the idea of being bested in a drinking contest.

"What kind of girly man drinks champagne? I bet ye couldn't even handle the stuff I gargle with!"
At this moment, Tavish was enjoying the argument too much to calm down. He then changed his attention to Skyler. He didn't know very many women who preferred strong drinks, other than his own mother.

"See!? Even the lass can out drink ya!"
Tavish then realized, he wasn't exactly sure himself how he arrived to this strange location.
But then again, he doesn't remember much, being a drunken one-eyed mercenary.
"Tch, I was tryin' ta be polite, see. Ma always told me you gotta treat a lady right. Offer her nice s**t, like diamonds or wine or whatever. An', an', like, I heard French wine is good, or somethin'. Yeah, French wine is the best. French ever'thing...," he should probably stop talking about this before it became obvious he was French.

"Anyway, I'm totally fine with us drinkin' whiskey instead. Don't matter what we drink, I'll show you how a real man handles his liquor," he impatiently turned to the Engineer, "C'mon, laborer, get me a shot over here!"

Fashionable Cultist

13,600 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
The Sniper continued to hang back as the rest seemed to be interested in having a drinking contest. Keeping to himself, he took a seat on a crate after grabbing one of the delicious looking sandwiches on the table and a beer. After the Medics' duel ended whatever tension of the two teams seemed to fade. He called over to his team's Scout,
"Ya don't stand a chance ya gremlin, a Demo can drink liquor like its water. I bet you won't be able to stand straight after a few drinks."
Dispenser had only seen a woman once before. Her Engineer had given her strict instructions: heal her and give her whatever she wanted. This must be the same woman. Dispenser lived a very isolated existence, and the thought that there could be more than one woman in the world was foreign to her. It must be the same person. She just... got shorter... and... dyed her hair...

I must make lots of whiskey for the administrator!
Skyler snorted and downed a second shot, the sting of the alcohol burning right to the base of her skull, the base of her injury. "So, you guys would rather get brickfaced than figure out where you are and why you're here?" she said. Tracing her finger around the rim of the glass, she considered this. "All right. Cool. I'm sure we'll get along juuuust fine." she smiled and shrugged.

It was only now that Skyler noticed the robotic dispenser. She blinked in surprise and set down her glass, kneeling before the machine. "A robot. What do you know. Doesn't look like any Aperture machine..." she fondly patted the Dispenser. Being around robots all the time, she automatically personified them, whether or not she knew they had attached artificial intelligence. "Did one of you build it?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff