Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whether it's the poll or the commissions, you're here for gold.

Yep! 1 100.0% [ 66 ]
Total Votes:[ 66 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 27 28 > >>

- Table of Contents -
1. General Info (Important, please read)
2. Merpeople: Cordan, Ulan
3. Received Art
4. Reserved

- Welcome! –

Welcome to my art request thread! I am a girl who is obsessed with merpeople. While I’m okay at drawing, I don’t have the skills to draw my mermen the way I imagine them. That’s why I’m creating this thread.

Something you should know: My mermen are different from Disney merpeople. They have certain physical traits that are different from a human’s. If you don’t think you’ll be able to draw something, such as their facial structure, you can just mention it when you post in this thread. If I like your art, I’ll still commission you, and you can just give them a human face or whatever it is you need to do. However, there are certain things you should still try to include. These will be listed in the “Essentials” section of the character profiles. (And it goes without saying that yes, you’ll obviously need to give them tails.) It's also okay if you're limited in what you can do by your style. For example, I know an anime artist may be unable to completely represent the specific facial structure. That's fine.

Also: If I really like your picture, I may use it as a reference picture for the character, with credit. If you would prefer for me to not do this, please mention it to me.

Current Funds: I don't have a lot of spendable pure gold right now, since most of what I have will be traded for a few pictures I've ordered. However, I still have a large amount of items that can be sold for a considerable amount of gold, so keep posting. I still want to order lots more art! :3

Form:

[color=#006666][size=15][b]I’ll draw for you![/b][/size][/color]

[size=11][color=black][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Samples:[/b]
[b]Prices:[/b]
[b]Who you want to draw:[/b]
[b]Shop Link:[/b]
[b]Any problems or questions?:[/b] [/color][/size]
- My Merpeople –

I’m currently questing art of two mermen. I may add more later, if this quest goes well.

Cordan

Cordan shouldn’t be too hard to draw. I actually have one reference picture of him, though it’s old, vague, and somewhat inaccurate. If there’s a discrepancy between the picture and the written description, go with what the written description says. (Remember to not draw the ear fins.)
Based off of Animal: Dolphin (Bottlenose Dolphin)
Personality: Cordan is very shy and withdrawn. He is constantly nervous or scared. He wants to grow stronger and often tries to prove that he can be brave, but this usually fails.
Appearance:
Build: Very skinny. His body has some light tone from living in the water, but for the most part, he’s scrawny.
Skin:
Light gray on the front of his body, darkening to a darker gray on his back. His skin is thick and tough.
Facial Details: He has a face that is, horizontally, long and pointed (long in the direction from the back of his head to to tip of his nose). The center of his face is elongated, and his jaw and forehead are slightly pushed back. His nose is horizontally (as in the direction of the back of his head to the front of his face) long, like a dolphin's nose. His mouth is thin and somewhat wide, and his teeth are smaller and pointed. He has large eyes.
Eyes: Pale blue.
Hair: Fine, silvery hair, a little past shoulder length, with long bangs.
Tail: (In the reference picture, ignore the color changes between his body and tail. They should be the same color.) A tail like a bottlenose dolphin’s, with colors the same as his body’s.
Accessories: Don’t follow the reference picture. Follow this.
Markings: His clan tattoo on his left breast and his family tattoo on his left arm. You can see these on the reference picture.
Other: He has no gills, and no noticeable ears. He has a dorsal fin on his back. He has gray webbing between his fingers. His fingers are long, skinny, and tapered. His fingernails are like small claws.
ESSENTIALS: Cordan’s skin must be gray. He also has no noticeable ears, and no gills or scales. Please try to include his dorsal fin, unless you absolutely can’t. Make sure you make his tail the same color as his skin.

Ulan
Take on Ulan if you want a challenge. His many large fins will make him difficult to draw, but they should make him look very pretty~ I now have a reference picture for him! You can see it here. It was drawn by AsterKurayami, whose shop is here. However, you don't need to completely follow that picture; I love seeing different representations of my characters, so you can just follow the description, if you wish.
Personality: He has a short temper, and is always willing to fight. He will fight to prove his dominance, protect his territory, or for any other reason. He is stubborn, arrogant, and proud.
Based off of Animal: Betta Fish
Appearance:
Build: He’s built light and strong. Lithe, with some muscle. A standard swimmers’ build.
Skin:
Dark blue and scaly. The scales are mainly noticeable on his tail and around the bases of his fins.
Facial Details: His face is… “Fishy”. He has wide eyes. His nose is pointed and upturned. His mouth is large and wide, and can open to be very big. His teeth are pointed and sharp, and his canines are large.
Eyes: He has large eyes. The pupils and iris are black, and the “whites” of the eyes are a pale yellow.
Hair: Long, down to his back. It is a dark blue that is a few shades darker than his skin.
Tail: He has a standard merman tail, starting around the hips/groin region. At the end, his fins are like the fins of a Double-Tail Betta. A good reference picture for the fin shape can be found here.
Accessories: None
Markings: None. (Scars from fighting, if you'd like.)
Other: He has gills on his neck. He has semi-transparent webbing between his fingers. His fingers are long, skinny, and tapered, and his fingernails are like strong claws. He has fins where ears would normally be. He has fins like a Double-Tailed Male Betta Fish. This is basically like a normal betta fish; look at the pictures I’ve linked in his description above. He has a long fin on his back, which starts from his neck and goes to the bottom of his tail. He has another fin that starts at the start of his tail, and also goes to the end of his tail. He also has fins that come down from the bottoms of his arms. I can’t describe the exact length and layout of his fins without being completely incoherent, so just use your artistic judgment. His fins are around the same color as his skin, though they obviously have different shades.
ESSENTIALS: I know he’s got a lot of fins, and I’d like for you to try to draw all of them. If you can’t, mention it to me and we can figure something out. Please remember to draw his gills. His skin must be the correct color. Also make sure you pay attention to the shape of the fins at the bottom of the tail.

If you have any questions about these descriptions, please feel free to ask me.
- Reserved -

Reserved for something or other.
Okay, done setting up! People can now post.
Just gotta hope Gaia isn't full of merman haters~ ninja

Familiar Noob

I looove merpeople and mythological creatures like that ... good luck! I may come back when my commissions aren't piling up quite so high, haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff