Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pyris's Wife

Beloved Conversationalist

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Hannah Yeager
I just got back from a trip today, and the way up to the event, my dad started to admire my nails. He asked how they looked good - I told him I use this Vitamin E Oil - which I highly advocate for nails if your nails need Vitamin E - it really helps strength nails better than the nail and cuticle oil Sally Hansen sells.

So I've decided to find an empty nail polish bottle and give my dad a sample of what I use. Like me, he has problems with not chewing / ripping hangnails around his nails.

I'll show him how to use the sample, but I'm no manicure expert. How do I explain this to my dad that will make sense for someone who isn't a nail guru or wouldn't even know a huge portion of what's in this thread?

Help?
''Stand firm in your faith,or you will not stand at all.'' -Ephisians 7:9

Does it help with the light redness around nails at all? I'm still learning about it and at one point had CND cuticle oil and used it pretty regularly...but I wash my hands a lot. I suppose I should try over night, huh?

~Mango Gryphon/ Teacher/ Advocate/ Gamer/ Wife

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300

Oh! If anyone would be interested to see, I've opened my own Etsy store! I will have this on the side between Cons (where I plan to sell my nail sets) and happy with what I have so far, but one day I will have tons of designs!

If any of you have something you want to see in the shop, please let me know! I might just try it!

Right now I focus on Sailor Moon and Poke Mon!

Etsy: Crinis's FANtasy Nail Art

Feral Kitten

Crinis

Oh! If anyone would be interested to see, I've opened my own Etsy store! I will have this on the side between Cons (where I plan to sell my nail sets) and happy with what I have so far, but one day I will have tons of designs!

If any of you have something you want to see in the shop, please let me know! I might just try it!

The link you provided comes up with an error message. o:
Here you go: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrinisFANtasyNailArt

By the way, hello there, neighbor! (Though I live a few cities away)
Zoya has new summer colors for pre-order.
emotion_drool

I want all of them.

I want to try stamping stuff.
Soo time to start looking at plates and whatnots before I buy.
I want a better cuticle pusher too. I've got a flat one so I'm going to buy a curved one.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Zoya's Earth Day sale starts on the 21st! That means 50% polishes!

More about it here.
Lilac Wood
Zoya's Earth Day sale starts on the 21st! That means 50% polishes!

More about it here.

emotion_kirakira
Oh sweet jesus.
My husband is going to hate me.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Alright, official new favorite thread. I do have a question about glitter polish I have OPI polish called Minnie style that has so much liquid in its rather difficult to get out enough of the big pieces of glitter. Do you guys have any tips or tricks when it comes to these types of glitter polish?

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Sylveon the Dragonslayer
Crinis

Oh wow. Thanks! I tried testing that and not sure if it glitched over or what but I really thought that was correct....perhaps being logged in or something....

And hi neighbor! I LOVE your name when I saw it I was like ''Oh, that is SO clever!'' I love my Sylveon!

You going to any Cons this year? (Feel free to PM your response). I'm hoping to take my work to Cons 'round here!

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Crinis

Fixed! (Thanks, SDS!)

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Malee
Alright, official new favorite thread. I do have a question about glitter polish I have OPI polish called Minnie style that has so much liquid in its rather difficult to get out enough of the big pieces of glitter. Do you guys have any tips or tricks when it comes to these types of glitter polish?

Funny you should ask that! I am working on my Sailor Jupiter set right now as I type (waiting for it to try) and I deliberately look for juuuuuuust the right glitter coats for each Sailor Scout in mind. I do different things to get the ''good pieces'' (in Jupiter's case, the colorful diamond flecks). I shake a little, I dabble and dabble the brush in over and over again, wait for the good flecks to catch. Brush off one side once I am successful that way I can balance it out while applying so it's not ''thick'' and over done coat-wise if that makes sense. Just keep trying over and over again, brush one side without the ''good stuff'' then go in again. Rinse and repeat. cool That always does it for me. I hope that helps!

You can see the results here: Sailor Moon Nail Set

(By the way, I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to over advertise here. Fact is this is the only picture I have and it's up in my store at the moment, my husband works on backgrounds so I can share it in my thread here on Gaia and a few other sites, but just wanted to show you a picture of the results I get when using this method. It make take a few tries but with a little patience, I get the stars I want for each nail and the complimenting glitters evenly with it. 4laugh

Feral Kitten

Crinis
Sylveon the Dragonslayer
Crinis

Oh wow. Thanks! I tried testing that and not sure if it glitched over or what but I really thought that was correct....perhaps being logged in or something....

And hi neighbor! I LOVE your name when I saw it I was like ''Oh, that is SO clever!'' I love my Sylveon!

You going to any Cons this year? (Feel free to PM your response). I'm hoping to take my work to Cons 'round here!

I absolutely adore Sylveon and in my copy of Pokemon X I use it more than I do any other Pokemon I have~

I was planning on attending Momocon next month and doing a Xerneas cosplay, but at this rate I won't have enough money for it. I'll probably skip it and go to Dragon Con instead. I think there's another one going on in either June or July, also in Atlanta, but I can't remember what it's called.

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Sylveon the Dragonslayer
Crinis
Sylveon the Dragonslayer
Crinis

I absolutely adore Sylveon and in my copy of Pokemon X I use it more than I do any other Pokemon I have~

I was planning on attending Momocon next month and doing a Xerneas cosplay, but at this rate I won't have enough money for it. I'll probably skip it and go to Dragon Con instead. I think there's another one going on in either June or July, also in Atlanta, but I can't remember what it's called.

There is AndoCon, SeishunCon, and Atlanta Anime Day next Saturday for only a few bucks!

I am actually hosting an info panel on Gamifying Education from an Educator's perspective at AndoCon (pure gaming convention at Perimeter).

Newbie Member

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mintyminad

I'm trying to learn nail care routines and different nail art techniques at the moment, so I'm glad to found this forum hehe^^

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Sylveon the Dragonslayer
Crinis
Sylveon the Dragonslayer
Crinis

I was asked to host Cosplay Chess again at Seishun Con! Are you going by chance? My Cosplay Chess game is super fun!

Feral Kitten

Crinis
Sylveon the Dragonslayer
Crinis
Sylveon the Dragonslayer
Crinis

I was asked to host Cosplay Chess again at Seishun Con! Are you going by chance? My Cosplay Chess game is super fun!

Oh, I wish I could! I actually have to attend a wedding a couple states over that same weekend, so I won't be able to go. :< I always seem to have something planned during all the spring and summer conventions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff