Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should canon characters/cosplays be allowed?

Yes cosplay, no canon. People can get jealous of those with canons, and cosplays help round that out. 0.18018018018018 18.0% [ 20 ]
No cosplay, yes canon. Canons can just be RP required or really hard to get or something! 0.072072072072072 7.2% [ 8 ]
Yes cosplay, yes canon. Just make sure that cosplays have some sort of "Hobbit wear." 0.18918918918919 18.9% [ 21 ]
No cosplay, no canon. If it wasn't in Tolkein's writing (for the most part), it should stay OUT. 0.21621621621622 21.6% [ 24 ]
Different suggestion ... 0.009009009009009 0.9% [ 1 ]
I AM JUST GLAD FOR HOBBITSES 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 37 ]
Total Votes:[ 111 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 184 185 186 > >> >>> »|

We are up and running! Shop
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image"Ϊɳ ȁ ɧȯʅȅ ϊɳ ʈɧȅ ɠȓȯΰɳɗ ʈɧȅȓȅ ȴϊѵȅɗ ȁ ɧȯϐϐiʈ.
Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort." ~ J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.

Put The Ring On, and Go Here:
⒈ updates
⒉ rules/f.a.q
⒊ the story
⒋ the hobbits
⒌ careers
⒍ hiring
⒎ the applicants
⒏ contests
⒐ games
⒑ suggestions box
⒒ credits/thanks
⒓ reserved
⒔ reserved
⒕ reserved
⒖ reserved

quick credits:
✓ art by dawniechan
✓ template by evelastina
✓ main banner art by mandabandit
User Image
User Image

THE HOBBITS THE HOBBITS THE HOBBITS THE HOBBITS - TO ISENGARD! TO ISENGARD!

current updates

User Image • We have sketches of the adult version of the Legolas plushie! c: Check out the Hobbits page!
User Image • Advertising games have started! Garden game will be tomorrow, 9/11/13. See below!

User Image • Plushies have been templated, adult versions are being commissioned, and we have a cert W.I.P! PM me to see, because I'm too lazy. 8D

User Image • Dwarf, Elf, and Human adults have been commissioned to grow from the plushie! See page 5 for plushie examples.

User ImageHooray! oisillon finally kicked her own butt and got herself into gear as far as setting up an I/T thread for this idea. Going to be updating and editing as I go, but look out! I heard Pippin was planning on stopping by later ...

User Image
User Image

"Blunt the knives bend the forks! Smash the bottles and burn the corks! Chip the glasses and crack the plates! That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.

User Image
General Rules

User Image • Maintain a positive attitude for all wanderers in the shop.
User Image • Make sure that EVERYONE feels welcomed; this means that
if someone you have never seen before posts, SAY SOMETHING.
It is one of the worst feelings in the world when you go into a
shop that you've never been in before and have no one say
anything to you.
User Image • Cursing is a-okay with me; IRL, I'm a sailor. But try to limit
it to the best of your ability.
User Image • No degrading the story, Tolkein's work, or those who absolutely
love The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Debate is fine,
bashing is not.
User Image • Begging is prohibited, however quest threads in a special
section in the guild is a great place to see if maybe a
colorist is willing to gift you a Hobbit!
User Image • More to be added as seen fit.

User Image

RP Rules

User Image • Male with male and female with female couples is absolutely allowed,
however all breeding between the two will be done via "adoption."
Children will still have similar attributes as their parents.
User Image • Religion, such as Christianity and Buddhism (etc.), is not a
part of Tolkein's work, and is therefore to remain out of RP, 100%.
This does NOT include the "spirituality" set up in the novel.
User Image • Stay within the realm of The Hobbit. Remember, hobbits
don't have super powers ...
User Image • Be knowledgeable on the hobbit world, otherwise it
may be difficult to stay along.
User Image • If canons are allowed, they will be RP required.
User Image • RP is only required for breeding in adults and a very small
post between the teen to adult stage. See The Hobbits post for more details.
User Image

F.A.Q

User Image • "Would you accept a super part time / guest colorist?"
• ALWAYS! We accept help of all shapes and sizes. As a student myself, I completely understand what it's like to not have a lot of spare time. This shop should be more like a HOBBY, not make you feel like it's WORK. Just state specifically what you could do in your app!

User Image • "Can we apply to more than one position?"
• Absolutely you can! Apply to as many as you want! All of them! I don't care. xD What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as my grandmother says ...

User Image • "Is it your intention for this shop to have entirely unique hobbits or can there be some recoloring / recycling of hair and outfits?"
• The shop's FOCUS will be entirely unique hobbits, but I'm certainly fine with re-using some of the hair and templates, as long as they both aren't used at the same time. So, you can keep the hair but change the outfit, vice versa.

User Image
User Image

User Image "Hobbits are an unobtrusive but very ancient people, more numerous formerly than they are today; for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth; a well-ordered and well-farmed countryside was their favourite haunt. They do not and did not understand or like machines more complicated than a forge-bellows, a water-mill, or a hand-loom, though they were skillful with tools. Even in ancient days they were, as a rule, shy of 'the Big Folk', as they call us, and now they avoid us with dismay and are becoming hard to find. They are quick of hearing and sharp-eyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unnecessarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements. They possessed from the first the art of disappearing swiftly and silently, when large folk whom they do not wish to meet come blundering by; and this art they have developed until to Men it may seem magical. But Hobbits have never, in fact, studied magic of any kind, and their elusiveness is due solely to a professional skill that heredity and practice, and close friendship with the earth, have rendered inimitable by bigger and clumsier races." ~ J.R.R. Tolkein, The Lord of the Rings, Prologue: Concerning Hobbits.

This shop takes place after the finding of The Ring of Power and before Frodo's expedition.
It should be noted while Adventuring was not a respectable position, for RP reasons, this is set aside.

Looking for someone to draw a map~ c: Let me know if you'd be interested!
User Image
User Image

"I can't just go running off into the blue! I am a Baggins of Bag End!" ~ Bilbo Baggins, J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.
User Image
User Image
User Imagequick note: all hobbits come with nude templates. this shop is intended to be a very edit heavy shop.

"For they are a little people, smaller than Dwarves; less stout and stocky, that is, even when they are not actually much shorter. Their height is variable, ranging between two and four feet of our measure. They seldom now reach three feet; but they have dwindled, they say, and in ancient days they were taller...
As for the Hobbits of the Shire, with whom these tales are concerned, in the days of their peace and prosperity they were a merry folk. They dressed in bright colours, being notably fond of yellow and green; but they seldom wore shoes, since their feet had tough leathery soles and were clad in a thick curling hair, much like the hair of their heads, which was commonly brown. Thus, the only craft little practised among them was shoe-making; but they had long and skillful fingers and could make many other useful and comely things. Their faces were as a rule good-natured rather than beautiful, brown, bright-eyed, red-cheeked with mouths apt to laughter, and to eating and drinking. And laugh they did, and eat, and drink, often and heartily." ~ J.R.R. Tolkein, The Lord of the Rings, Prologue: Concerning Hobbits

User Image

One large question which must be addressed is the matter of RP requirements.
I am aware of time committments, being a student myself and having a part-time job. I also don't like being told what to do. rofl

However, since these all come with nude templates and will be very heavily edited, this means a lot of work. And if they aren't RP-ed, then that's a lot of work gone to waste.

SO.

User ImageThere will be a required RP and character set up post in order to access adulthood for teens, for both the girls and boys.
User ImageIn the post would be a required list of character descriptions which must be filled out and a two paragraph post. This would initiate access to have the teen grow into an adult.

Careers are discussed in the next post~

The hobbits are only RP required for Breeding, the above teen advancement stage, and also other perks,including access to the other species.

User Image

O t h e r S p e c i e s

User Image
User Image

Sketch of adult elf:
User Image
Though they were only going to initially start as plushies, we have decided for all LoTR lovers out there to commission adults from Dawnie for them. They are non complex editable, as well as male only. They are also based off of the canons Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Gandalf. Sketches are on their way!

User Image
User Image

"I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led. And through the air, I am he that walks unseen. I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly. I was chosen for the lucky number. I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water. I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me. I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider." ~ Bilbo Baggins, J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.
User Image
User Image

This post will focus mainly on the RP aspect of the shop. This idea has yet to be fully fleshed out, but it is currently in the process.

Hobbits may be known for quite a few things, but two things they are very well known for are their love for food, and their love for drinking. It wasn't until ol' Mr. Bilbo Baggins did the IDEA of a Hobbit adventuring outside of the Shire strike their minds. There are, therefore, three Hobbit careers available.

•Farmer
•Adventurer
•Brewmaster

The RP guild will be divided into three sections according to each career, as well as one giant section for all three of the careers to come together. There will also be a section for those who have not selected a career, which would be for those who are less serious or have less time for RP.

As mentioned before, RP-ing is not a requirement for this shop in general, but it is required for the teen advancement stage as a wright of passage into adulthood, breeding, and to earn access to the separate species (which are currently being commissioned!)

User ImagePurpose of Careers:

I felt that it was a bit too one note to just throw Hobbits into the B/C world and say, "LOOK! HOBBITS! GO!"

Careers also provide a way for those who WANT to RP but may not have as much time as others to RP as much as they feel comfortable, but NOT to feel guilty about possibly:

•Not Responding for a While
•Forgetting
•Hiatus
•Lack of Inspiration

Since your career symbol will be located on the cert, it also makes it easy for those who see others who have committed the same amount of RP time. Of course, you are free to RP whoever you want with! The purpose of this system is not to group people and separate them, but to negate the negatives that come along with engaging in RP.

So, what's the difference between them?

Essentially, each career grants a certain amount of points to the user for their RP post. You can use the points to cash in certain rewards, including edits, breeding, and access to separate species.

You are not REQUIRED to choose a career if you would not like to or feel you don't have any time for RP or don't want to feel required under any circumstances.

There are demands from each career, however, which will be explained below.

User ImageBrewmaster:
•Grants up to three points per week.
•Suggests one post per week.
•Grants one point per post.

You should choose Brewmaster if ...
•You don't have a lot of free time to dedicate to RP
•You don't like time commitments
•You are committed elsewhere
•You don't like deadlines
•You're not interested in certain perks

User ImageFarmer:
•Grants up to six points per week.
•Suggests two posts per week.
•Grants two points per post.

You should choose Farmer if ...
•You have SOME free time for RP, but not a terrible amount
•You are interested in the perks it provides
•Lenient time deadlines don't bother you
•You have a lot of Hobbits
•You love to RP

User ImageAdventurer:
•Grants up to ten points per week.
•Requires 5+ posts per week.
•Grants two points per post.

You should choose Adventurer if ...
•You have ample time for RP
•You feel confident in your dedication to the shop
•You love to RP
•You are in a hurry to receive the extra benefits
•You like the shiny armor you'd have on your cert and potentially, your hobbit

User ImageRewards:

•10 points: Plushie access
•30 points: Access to breeding.
•50 points: Access to minor edits to Hobbit.
•100 points: Access for plushies to grow to full size and be a "companion" for your Hobbit.

User Image
User Image
"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone." ~ Gandalf
"I should think so — in these parts! We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!" ~ Bilbo Baggins
User Image

User Image Here at There and Back Again we will be looking to hire numerous people for a myriad of positions. I am a college student, who's also working part time, but just someone who happens to love Hobbits and The Lord of the Rings in general. Listed below are the available positions.
User Image We Will Be Hiring:
✓ colorists (high edit skill level and low edit skill level)
✓ managers (rp and thread)
✓ certists
✓ event planner
User Image

T h e C o l o r i s t s

Probably the number one hardest thing to find, on top of a templatist, in the BC world, especially committed ones. Since this shop is very edit heavy, most of the colorists wanted must be skilled in editing.

HOWEVER.

This does not mean I am only hiring editing colorists.
User ImagePositions Available:
✔ Two full time Hobbiteers.
✔ Up to four part time Hobbiteers.
✔ One or two non-edit Hobbiteers

User ImagePay:

All Hobbiteers will receive equal amount of pay and will never be expected to provide Hobbits without pay. Just because you provide less Hobbits doesn't mean you deserve less pay. If asked to create a Hobbit for a free event, you will be charged a flat fee of 100-300k depending on the complexity of the Hobbit and whether or not it is growing.

User ImageFull Time vs. Part Time:

Full Time: Color up to two growing Hobbits per month, three non-growing Hobbits.
Part Time: Color one growing Hobbit, two non-growing Hobbits.

User ImagePay:

✔Auctions: 90%.
✔Raffles: 80%
✔Flatsales: 100%
✔Customs/Bribes: 100%
✔Breedings: 100%
✔One free, non-growing Hobbit per month for your own use.
✔Two free, growing Hobbits per month for anyone questing Hobbits.

The remaining 30% of funds goes to fund the managers, event planner, and certist. (10% to each manager, 5% to event planner and 5% to certist).

User Image Application:

Please edit at least two Hobbits.
Hobbit Male Adult
Hobbit Female Child
[quote="Bilbo Bagginzez"][/quote]
[color=cornflowerblue][size=24][b]HEY, COLORING SOUNDS DOPE.[/b][/size][/color]
Name:
Fulltime/Part-time:
Edit/Non-Edit:
Hobbits:
Other Samples:
Other Commitments:
Notes:

User Image
T h e M a n a g e r s

I am also looking to hire one Guild/RP manager as well as one thread manager. The duties are as follows:

User Image Guild/RP Manager:

✔Maintain cleanliness and organization of the Guild
✔Establish RP based events
✔Check RP's points and add them to the list
✔Essentially, all things Guild and RP related.

User ImagePay:

✔10% of shop's income, per event.
✔One free Hobbit per month, though this must be arranged between you and a colorist, unless you want to color your own.
✔AWESOMENESS. 8DD; /shot

User Image Application:

[color=cornflowerblue][size=24][b]HEY, GUILD/RP MANAGING SOUNDS DOPE.[/b][/size][/color]
Name:
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week:
Other Shop Commitments:
RP Sample:
Why would you like to manage:

User Image Thread Manager:

✔Maintains order in the thread, including diffusing disagreements, watching for rule breakers ... etc.
✔Host events in the thread.
✔Advertising.
✔Keep everything happy and exciting!

User ImagePay:

✔10% of shop's income, per event.
✔One free Hobbit per month, though this must be arranged between you and a colorist, unless you want to color your own.
✔AWESOMENESS. 8DD; /shot

User Image Application:

[color=cornflowerblue][size=24][b]HEY, THREAD MANAGING SOUNDS DOPE.[/b][/size][/color]
Name:
Other Shop Commitments:

User Image

T h e C e r t i s t

I've never really quite understood the point of this position ... but people have them, so I guess I should too? xD So I'll just put what I think they are.

✔Cert Hobbits and provide uncerts for people
✔Maintain the certist's Photobucket (account info will be provided)

User ImagePay:

✔5% of all shop's earnings from event.
✔One free Hobbit per three months, starting after your first month.

User Image Application:

[color=cornflowerblue][size=24][b]HEY, CERTING SOUNDS DOPE.[/b][/size][/color]
Name:
Other Shop Commitments:
Cert ... samples? xD lulz:

User Image
T h e E v e n t P l a n n e r

One of the biggest reasons I have found that colorists grow tired of coloring is because of a lack of inspiration. Since this is a shop based on The Hobbit, it would be incredible to have someone who is able to think of creative events to help out.

✔Must have EXTENSIVE knowledge of The Hobbit. This includes having read it and being AWARE of the Lord of the Rings series, though reading that trilogy in particular is not required.
✔Creating exciting, new, yet related event ideas for the colorists.
✔Provide it once a month, for ideas even to use later. Simply PM me, oisillon, with your event idea, games involved, and the amount of Hobbits for the event.

User ImagePay:

✔5% of shop's earning, per month.
✔500k stipend for the LARGE, opening event.
✔100k per event.
✔One free Hobbit per three months, to start after the first month.

User Image Application:

[color=cornflowerblue][size=24][b]HEY, EVENT PLANNING SOUNDS DOPE.[/b][/size][/color]
Name:
Other Shop Commitments:
Event Ideas (list three):

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image
Not The Plushi
Bilbo Bagginzez

HEY, GUILD/RP MANAGING SOUNDS DOPE.
Name: Not The Plushi
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: Normally at least 30 hours.
Other Shop Commitments: None.
RP Sample: Chapter from my story, Part of an RP, Another RP, More RP, All the RP
(if these don't work or if you can't see them, lemme know.)
Why would you like to manage: I love The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings and I think this is a nice concept. I'd like to help in any way I can and be involved in helping this shop thrive.

Bilbo Bagginzez

HEY, THREAD MANAGING SOUNDS DOPE.
Name: Not The Plushi
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: Normally at least 30 hours.
Other Shop Commitments: None
Why would you like to manage: Same as above? XD I have also been in shops that ignore newbies and don't make you feel welcome. I don't want that to happen to this shop. I want everyone to love it and enjoy it and want to come back.

User Image
Thaliawen
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Thaliawen
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: 30 hours a week
Other Shop Commitments: Silver Rain is my only commitment
RP Sample: 1 http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=21608937
2. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php/?t=17330873&page=last
3. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=4&t=16615647#240982463

(If you want Lord of the Rings based roleplay, I will happily dig up things from Lotrplaza.com <333)

Why would you like to manage: I love Lord of the Rings and am a strong follower of its canon and the History Of Middle Earth. If anyone ever had a question about Middle Earth or the characters there in, I could answer them. I could help with events, assist with storylines, and altogether help my fellow staff members for the betterment of this already amazing shop! : ) I have been a roleplay manager in various shops, and staff in even more, since 2008. Zetetic is one of them. And Seven of Seven; where I was a teacher for IC lessons. I run my own guild, Silver Rain, but none of that should affect my activity here. : )

User Image
VG Cat
Bilbo Bagginzez

HEY, CERTING SOUNDS DOPE.
Name: VG Cat
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: Approximately 56hrs. 7 hours Monday-Friday, usually 9 on Saturday(unless it's card night, then none), and about 12+ hours on Sunday. Usually on in the evening and late at night since I work during the day.
Other Shop Commitments: Part time colorist at Dream Dancers
Cert ... samples? xD lulz: Just one for a shop that never opened.

User Image
Minyaagar
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Minyaagar
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: About 3-4 hours a day, so 12 to 16 hours a week.
Other Shop Commitments: None..save for rp in the Mischief Managed Shop Guild
Cert ... samples? xD lulz: I've not really done certs, but I did make up these Id things.xx if you have a certain font, I can probably download it from dafont.

User Image
Our Sextape

Bilbo Bagginzez

Name:
Our Sextape (also OS)

I have time to be on several hours a day.
But, since I don't have much to do on Gaia at this point, I just hop on before school and spend a little time lurking after school.
(Due to school though, I am / can be most active in the evenings and on weekends.)

Other Shop Commitments:
I've applied for a manager position in another BC I/T shop, but nothing has been decided yet.

-I have a bit of experience in thread managing.
I helped in another BC shop back in my early days on Gaia, but at this point I cannot remember the name. Some of my duties maintaining the owners list, keeping order in the thread, and keeping it active.

-I'm organized and would love to help plan and run events.

-Being involved in a shop based on something I love would be a great motivation to be more active on Gaia. (:

/doesn't know what else to add

User Image
Annaving

Bilbo Bagginzez

HEY, COLORING SOUNDS DOPE.
Name: Annaving
Fulltime/Part-time: Part-time
Edit/Non-Edit: I can do non-edits, simple edits, and complex edits
Hobbits: Complex + Simple edit
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Other Samples: DA
Other Commitments: just RL School
Notes: I could easily churn out non-edits / very simple edits each weekend. I would like to do both non-edits and edits so that I don't burn out on the complex edits. I could probably only manage one complex edit per month, though I can try to do more during school holidays. I also really like templating-- so if there is another colorist who likes drawing flowy dresses, but doesn't like templating, I can tag-team or something.

User Image
BastetAmun
Bilbo Bagginzez

HEY, EVENT PLANNING SOUNDS DOPE.
Name: BastetAmun
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: I'm on any time I'm on the comp. So probably about seven+ hours monday through friday. Seventeen hours on saturday and sunday.
Other Shop Commitments: Panem: A World Reborn(Currently still in I/T)
Event Ideas (list three): Otherverse Hobbits: Hobbits based on other characters or designed in that verse. I.E: Disney, Marvel, DC etc), Missing Hobbit: Possessions Give Away(For Plushies when a hobbit(npc) goes missing for an extended period of time.), Hide and Seek: Find the young Hobbitlings hididng within Farmer Maggot's crops.

Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: BastetAmun
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: About 56+ hours.
Other Shop Commitments: Panem: A World Reborn(Currently still I/T)
RP Sample: SoA RP, Sands of Pern RP
Why would you like to manage: I’d love to help with this shop and I adore the Middle Earth Universe and everything to do with it.

User Image
Prima Aria
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Prima Aria
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: I am on probably about an average of 20-30-ish hours. I also have Gaia on my phone too. = u=;
Other Shop Commitments: I have none at the moment.
Why would you like to manage: I love anything LOTR. Keeping the thread alive and interesting seems like truly a fun job. :3 I've managed and been a colorist for some shops before and I enjoyed the experience.

User Image
Graceangel
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Graceangel (real name, vanessa. so like if you ever add me on skype. it might say vanessa)
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: usually a few hrs every day. 6hrs some days
Other Shop Commitments: I am a mini event manager for Harvest Moon: Under the Meadow, and I color part time at Lior. I also own bunny luv, and I'm a silent co-owner of Trash bandits. Most of the above aren't time consuming in the least. In time to come, HM:UTM might become a little more involved as my main job there is running the festivals and games. ^_^ Tis why I opted to apply for certing rather than any event managing or coloring.
Cert ... samples? xD lulz: BL cert, from when i was working @ Cafe dela Vie that year i certed a crapton of halloween grams. xD sample of something i certed in a shop i own/run myself.
though note: faylin isn't an active shop atm. i keep trying to restart it as a free cyo bc.. but it just doesn't take off well.
I have a lot of other samples of having certed stuff from various cyo's across the b/c?

User Image
Green Ever After
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Green Ever After (Again, I know /persistent-)
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: MUCH TO MUCH. <3
Other Shop Commitments: None Applicable
Why would you like to manage: I enjoy the task of organizing, helping out, being involved and simply having a happy place to go to and do things outside of my tedious life. haha I also have a love for LotR~

Green Ever After
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Green Ever After (Green Weenie ;P)
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: Lots. I find myself on mobile when I go out too XD;
Other Shop Commitments: Nooope~
Cert ... samples? xD lulz: UHM. I can cert one and show you? lol

User Image
Hobo Pixi
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Hobo Pixi
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: 25 - 30ish hours/week
Other Shop Commitments: Noneeeeeee
Cert ... samples? AoA

And....

Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Hobo Pixi
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: 25 - 30ish hours/week
Other Shop Commitments: I work no where....on gaia
Why would you like to manage: I know it would be stressful at times [maybe?] but I still think it would be fun!

User Image
Saint Sergio
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Saint Sergio ( I go by Serg or Fee )
Fulltime/Part-time: ..... UH. ...Whatever? I'm pretty lax tbh.
Edit/Non-Edit: Can do both
Hobbits: Finished || Not finished yet
Other Samples: My dA
Other Commitments: I RLY LIKE THE LINES?
Notes: I have AIM, Steam, and Skype if you want to contact me?
-- AIM: saintsergio88
-- Steam: .Coffee Powered.

I'm always on all of them? If I'm not feel free to leave an offline message as I'm sleeping/napping.

User Image
Madness_insanity
Been lurking, but thought I'd throw out an app <3
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Madness_insanity, but Mad or Madness work best!
Fulltime/Part-time: Part-time, with the ability to make a little more when I have the time, I just don't want to take on too much.
Edit/Non-Edit: I like editing, but can do both!
Hobbits: Edits yo! // Minor Edits Yo!
Other Samples: Oh man I don't ever update my DA...so some photobucket folders, these are either gaia commissions or other B/C art Here and HERE
Other Commitments: Work mostly and my obsession with crafting many things!
Notes: I really like the hobbit costumes in the movies <3

User Image
Mriae
Bilbo Bagginzez

Name: Mriae
Average Amount of Time on Gaia Per Week: A decent amount now.
Other Shop Commitments: I don't work at any other shops. o wo
Why would you like to manage: I just really like helping people and answering questions and things of that sort. ; A; I try to be as helpful as possible, and I like to think I have the personality that is good for helping out others.

User Image
User Image
User Image
A Semi-Custom, Either Male or Female to be done by Annaving

User Image

This is, yes, as you may have guessed, the good ol' trusty Advertising Contest! Below are a bunch of banners and their codes. You will earn a certain amount of points per day depending on which banner you use, who refers you, ladidadida. Late entries will get a + 10 point boost to help them keep up. <3

Big Banner: 5 points per day.
Medium Banner: 3 points per day.
Small Banner: 1 point per day.

How else can you earn points?

Referrals: 2 points per specified referral.
Referral Application: If someone you referred applies, that's three points for you! On top of the already two points!

To claim your points, post this daily (and make sure your friends quote Bilbo so it gets his attention!:

[quote="Bilbo Bagginzez"]

[b][size=24]YO BILBSTER, I'M CLAIMING [enter point amount here] POINTS TODAY! [/size][/b][/quote]

Here are the banners:

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/here-nd-ack-gain-a-hobbit-bc-i-t-games-on-9-10/t.87796847_1/#9][img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p787/oisillon4712/newbanner_zpsd4bbf048.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/here-nd-ack-gain-a-hobbit-bc-i-t-games-on-9-10/t.87796847_1/#9][img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p787/oisillon4712/mediumbanner_zpsc6886e35.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/here-nd-ack-gain-a-hobbit-bc-i-t-games-on-9-10/t.87796847_1/#9][img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p787/oisillon4712/babybanner_zps88bfd14c.png[/img][/url]

Entrants

VG Cat - ?
Not The Plushi - ?
BastetAmun - ?
StarieMichie - ?
olive v2 - ?
Our Sextape - ? points
Hobo Pixie - ? points
urcray - ? points
robot kitten - ? points

User Image

User Image
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

done by: Lady Luvelle, Saint Sergio, and Madness_insanity

Scene-It Game for 9/24/13
7:00 p.m. PST.

A scene will be posted by Bilbo Bagginzez from The Hobbit or any of the Lord of the Rings. The first person to post the names of the people in the scene, the movie, and the location of scene will win a point. The person with the most points wins first choice.

Dice Game for 9/24/13

Roll the posted dice number to win final prize.

This will be the last of games for this interest thread, though runner up prizes will be given out for the contest. c:
User Image
User Image
“There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.
User Image

This is a list to all people who have made this thread a possibility and an outcome. THANK you!

User Image Dawniechan: For providing the incredible art and working with me into wee hours of the night figuring out how to do things RIGHT.

User Image Evelastina: For creating the incredible, life-like, and high quality templates that we see on these Hobbitses!

User Image ElvishSorceress: For helping me GET the templates, and for being most generous in moneyz and in advice.

User Image Mandabit: For working with me to create the main banner, sub banners, dividers, and giving a damn!

User Image J.R.R. Tolkein: Who could I thank, more than you, for creating one of the greatest series ever in existence?

User Image New Line Cinema, MGM, Wingnut Films, and Warner Bros Pictures: For making these books come to life! I am not associated or affiliated with them or Tolkein of any sort.

©Dawniechan for Hobbit artwork and future species artwork.
©oisillon for career and plushies sketches.
©Evelastina for templates and cert.
©Mandabit for graphics.
©J.R.R. Tolkein for Hobbit related ideas, themes, and inspiration.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces