Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should Blonde be banned?

Yes, people suffer discrimination because of it 0.032110091743119 3.2% [ 7 ]
No, the word is not bad only how it can be used 0.49082568807339 49.1% [ 107 ]
Gaia should bann all Slurs and Slangs they hurt people 0.041284403669725 4.1% [ 9 ]
Gaia should take it case by case and use their judgement based on how the word is used 0.11009174311927 11.0% [ 24 ]
Wha? 0.3256880733945 32.6% [ 71 ]
Total Votes:[ 218 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16

Quote:
Ever notice that all hair colors are stereotyped? Blondes are dumb, red-heads have short tempers, brunets and brunettes are "normal" and far smarter than blondes, and black-haired people are mysterious and/or evil.

How do you get a red head to argue with you? Say something. Haha, I love that one.

Too bad Carlin died. His 7 words needs to be updated. Needs to add blond to it now apparently.

On a more serious note, wanting to ban the word blond is stupid. It's like wanting to ban the word black because it's sometimes used as a insult/part of an insult. So what word would we use for blond?

Reminds me of 1984. Ever read that book? Fairly good. Anyways, I'll assume you haven't. Because, you know, you're a blond. In the book everything's pretty much gone to the commi way of thinking. They even go so far as to make a new language. A simple one. If something was extraordinary, you would instead say 'double plus good' They phased out words little by little eliminating words here and there. Eventually, people would not be able to revolt, to disobey, simply because no word existed for such a thing.

What are you going to do next? Burn the books that use 'blond' as an insult.

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Rosalina Thorne
Heh, nice petition. wink

Ever notice that all hair colors are stereotyped? Blondes are dumb, red-heads have short tempers, brunets and brunettes are "normal" and far smarter than blondes, and black-haired people are mysterious and/or evil.

I'm a brunette, and I'll sign anyway. wink

your noted wink

Yoko Kareshima,
as for book burning..only if all the other words on the "great big list of no-no words" are able to get books burned too.
after all that might as well be ALL books by then dont you think?
after all one slur is as bad as another slur, and if we arent suppose to speak them we might as well not read them as well. Right?
Nights_Sweet_Embrace

as for book burning..only if all the other words on the "great big list of no-no words" are able to get books burned too.
after all one slur is as bad as another slur, and if we arent suppose to speak them we might as well not read them as well. Right?

Destroying thought is a dangerous path to stroll down. Even you should realize this. Banning something simply because one of it's many uses you take offense to.

I've come to a realization though. You're a troll. No one can think like this and still function in today's society. Someone would have pushed you in front of a bus by now.

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Yoko Kareshima
Nights_Sweet_Embrace

Destroying thought is a dangerous path to stroll down. Even you should realize this. Banning something simply because one of it's many uses you take offense to.

I've come to a realization though. You're a troll. No one can think like this and still function in today's society. Someone would have pushed you in front of a bus by now.

nope not a troll.
The idea is very simple.
If one set of slurs is so bad as they need to be removed, then by logic all slurs should be treated the same.
if a set of people move to ban certain words because they are slurs..then the logic follows that all should be banned.
With that logic....the thread.
Even if it was dressed do you think that will change people's joking and teasing? As a brunet/blond I am called dumb blond and am insulted by it but when it is used over the internet by people who can not see one another's hair it really doesn't matter because it is taken as a joke and not an actual statement against a certain someone.

7,250 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
☔ℬℒ𝒰ℰ
User Image
My thoughts...

Really? Why doesn't Gaia just ban people from talking? Will that make you happy? It won't make me or thousands of other people!

Alien Lover

Damn, we're gonna run out of words to use if this s**t keeps up. The OP isn't making a very good case for blondes. ;)

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
You don't have to be blonde to be dumb. Good luck with your petition

9,600 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Wow. Aside from this petition being absolutely ridiculous...
People are certainly not going to take a petition seriously when its starter can't even use proper grammar and spell words correctly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff