Welcome to Gaia! ::

Plat

:) 0.83783783783784 83.8% [ 589 ]
<2 0.16216216216216 16.2% [ 114 ]
Total Votes:[ 703 ]

Friendly Senshi

glengrin
kitty koya

Thanks! I feel like I'm at a good place in life, it's sure taken awhile to get here!

I must have missed the post with that crying

Oh she definitely gave me some issues I will say lol The overthinking is something that has always been a part of me sadly sweatdrop My mom is a big worrier and I think I picked that up from her. Once I feel confident in what I'm doing I know I will be fine. It's just the initial worry of starting and getting back into the groove of school that turns my stomach to knots lol
Since it did take a while, you won't take it for granted and enjoy and appreciate it all the more.

Sorry, it turned out I posted it in a different thread. I've been posting so much over the last few days, I lost track. Here it is:
Quote:
Starting something new is always exciting and nerve wracking. It's like you have a swarm of butterflies fluttering all around your inner landscape atm. If they get too great, maybe construct a mental huge butterfly net...

Ways of thinking and perceptions are often learned from our parents, both good and bad ones. The fun part is unlearning the ones that hold us back.

Aww I like that! That makes a cute visual lol

Oh isn't it?! lol I've gotta say I'm blessed for my parents! They have always looked out for my best interest and I couldn't ask for a better support system in my life. If me being a worry wort is the worst of it I can surely do my best to overcome that lol

Alien Explorer

kitty koya
glengrin
kitty koya

Thanks! I feel like I'm at a good place in life, it's sure taken awhile to get here!

I must have missed the post with that crying

Oh she definitely gave me some issues I will say lol The overthinking is something that has always been a part of me sadly sweatdrop My mom is a big worrier and I think I picked that up from her. Once I feel confident in what I'm doing I know I will be fine. It's just the initial worry of starting and getting back into the groove of school that turns my stomach to knots lol
Since it did take a while, you won't take it for granted and enjoy and appreciate it all the more.

Sorry, it turned out I posted it in a different thread. I've been posting so much over the last few days, I lost track. Here it is:
Quote:
Starting something new is always exciting and nerve wracking. It's like you have a swarm of butterflies fluttering all around your inner landscape atm. If they get too great, maybe construct a mental huge butterfly net...

Ways of thinking and perceptions are often learned from our parents, both good and bad ones. The fun part is unlearning the ones that hold us back.

Aww I like that! That makes a cute visual lol

Oh isn't it?! lol I've gotta say I'm blessed for my parents! They have always looked out for my best interest and I couldn't ask for a better support system in my life. If me being a worry wort is the worst of it I can surely do my best to overcome that lol
Indeed. And yes, you are very fortunate.

TesslikesconsentY generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 481!

Jeering Conversationalist

23,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
this has been fun smile I need to read something then sleep though because it's 11pm here. I'll be back tomorrow wink

Good night/day
Noting the time; you must be on the other side of the world. It's been nice chatting.

I live in the mediterranean area so probably! Nice chatting to you too
Well at least you're not a full day ahead of me. A friend of mine in Australia is so things get confusing coordinating times to talk.

I am in the same time zone as Gaia Headquarters.

I can imagine that being confusing. Living in that zone must be useful for events! Sometimes, there are things like 'once per day' and I have to be careful. Things reset (like the daily chance) at my 9am
It does help, except for AtS which is always when I'm busy. People in later time zones have already finished up for the day and so it's easier for them to get to those.

But all of you over on the other side are really out of phase with Gaia. It would be fairer if things set to midnight in each time zone for stuff like DC, etc. But fairness, logic and consistency were never Gaia's strong suit, lol.

Yes been reading a bit more in some forums and some things are indeed unfair or not that well thought:/ Like the password reset. I had 3 accounts which I haven't been on in ages but I was like 'well they're there for me to use' unfortunately the emails in them are no longer viable so...:S And I read that some people didn't receive the reset emails anyway. So frustrating. And I don't buy cash, seems like most things are for people that do!

TesslikesconsentY generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 234!

23,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
kitty koya

Oh my! Thank you I was not expecting that! Now I can actually go and alchemize the castor! One more kin biggrin

Alien Explorer

TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY

Well at least you're not a full day ahead of me. A friend of mine in Australia is so things get confusing coordinating times to talk.

I can imagine that being confusing. Living in that zone must be useful for events! Sometimes, there are things like 'once per day' and I have to be careful. Things reset (like the daily chance) at my 9am
It does help, except for AtS which is always when I'm busy. People in later time zones have already finished up for the day and so it's easier for them to get to those.

But all of you over on the other side are really out of phase with Gaia. It would be fairer if things set to midnight in each time zone for stuff like DC, etc. But fairness, logic and consistency were never Gaia's strong suit, lol.

Yes been reading a bit more in some forums and some things are indeed unfair or not that well thought:/ Like the password reset. I had 3 accounts which I haven't been on in ages but I was like 'well they're there for me to use' unfortunately the emails in them are no longer viable so...:S And I read that some people didn't receive the reset emails anyway. So frustrating. And I don't buy cash, seems like most things are for people that do!

The reset and reactivation email bug should have been one of the priorities to fix to insure people remain active on Gaia. I'm wondering though if a lot of the problem is people set up an email just for separate Gaia accounts then forgot what those emails were? Or the pw to open those never used email acct.s?

I dont buy cash either and it does seem the focus is on cash users. However, everything eventually shows up in the mp and with enough plat/gold, we can get stuff we really want anyway. I have no interest in being the avi with that brand new ultra expensive item, status symbol. I just enjoy creating new avies, finding new ways to use older items in the mix with not outrageously expensive newer ones.

TesslikesconsentY generated a random number between 1 and 2000 ... 1542!

23,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY

The reset and reactivation email bug should have been one of the priorities to fix to insure people remain active on Gaia. I'm wondering though if a lot of the problem is people set up an email just for separate Gaia accounts then forgot what those emails were? Or the pw to open those never used email acct.s?

I dont buy cash either and it does seem the focus is on cash users. However, everything eventually shows up in the mp and with enough plat/gold, we can get stuff we really want anyway. I have no interest in being the avi with that brand new ultra expensive item, status symbol. I just enjoy creating new avies, finding new ways to use older items in the mix with not outrageously expensive newer ones.

In my case, one hotmail email I just put the password wrong many times and my recovery email was wrong but the others, they were local email providers and they have been bought and sold many times sooo the emails don't exist anymore, their domain is non existent. I had done my accounts in 2006 if not before. Things have changed a lot and I'm mostly sorry for my first ever account because after a few months I had changed to this one but I place sentimental value to that one. I had some extra items there too like old events items:/

True about the marketplace I noticed that and I have brought cash items like that smile before they used to be really expensive if you could find them in the MP

Alien Explorer

TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY

In my case, one hotmail email I just put the password wrong many times and my recovery email was wrong but the others, they were local email providers and they have been bought and sold many times sooo the emails don't exist anymore, their domain is non existent. I had done my accounts in 2006 if not before. Things have changed a lot and I'm mostly sorry for my first ever account because after a few months I had changed to this one but I place sentimental value to that one. I had some extra items there too like old events items:/

True about the marketplace I noticed that and I have brought cash items like that smile before they used to be really expensive if you could find them in the MP
Heh, I just keep things simple; I have one Gaia acct. and it is attached to my main email that is with my isp provider. I'll have to change so many things if I ever switch net providers! All those forums and online accounts; it's kind of mind boggling.

It's a shame about the old event items, but many of them do show up once in a while in the mp for cheap if you watch for them.

It's a funny thing about super expensive new items in the mp; fairly soon after, there will be many recolors and usually 1 or more is a common rig reward so it's really inexpensive. To find these, every now and then I'll do a general mp search with the price range from 100 plat to 5000 or so and see what new items show. I also visit the new items threads in the GCD and watch for common rig rewards of items of interest for affordable recolors, or just do a search on an expensive item of interest in the mp to see if there are cheaper colors of it. Most times there are. I refuse to pay 80k plat for an item I may only use once or twice! If I feel I may use an item often and many of its poses, I may pay up to 50k plat (up recently from 25k plat due to inflation), but that is pretty rare.

TesslikesconsentY generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 275!

23,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY

Heh, I just keep things simple; I have one Gaia acct. and it is attached to my main email that is with my isp provider. I'll have to change so many things if I ever switch net providers! All those forums and online accounts; it's kind of mind boggling.

It's a shame about the old event items, but many of them do show up once in a while in the mp for cheap if you watch for them.

It's a funny thing about super expensive new items in the mp; fairly soon after, there will be many recolors and usually 1 or more is a common rig reward so it's really inexpensive. To find these, every now and then I'll do a general mp search with the price range from 100 plat to 5000 or so and see what new items show. I also visit the new items threads in the GCD and watch for common rig rewards of items of interest for affordable recolors, or just do a search on an expensive item of interest in the mp to see if there are cheaper colors of it. Most times there are. I refuse to pay 80k plat for an item I may only use once or twice! If I feel I may use an item often and many of its poses, I may pay up to 50k plat (up recently from 25k plat due to inflation), but that is pretty rare.

I should have all the items here smile they were just extra but I held on to them for long to eventually sell...well.

The recolours thing is interesting. I still have to get used to it and the different colour schemes. I had to research the themes because for a secret santa I signed up for they asked 'favourite themes?' It's like it's one item but many colours. The amount it items on the site is mind boggling too. In LK when you have to confirm what the avi is wearing sometimes I don't recognize the items and once it happened I failed 3 times and didn't get my reward. So many items (and I want to collect/hoard them all)
𝔹𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕪'𝕤
glengrin
babyboo17forever
𝔹𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕪'𝕤
glengrin
babyboo17forever
𝔹𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕪'𝕤
kitty koya

That is awesome, i am glad you were able to do that.

glengrin

I may try that but so far i have not found anything.

BTW, i did not get a notice about either of these notifications
When you're ready for a serious search, pm me. Because of your ethnicity, your income level and a few other things, there are still some options open to you, unless you've already gotten a degree.

Well, we've noticed you, even if Gaia can't keep up. wink

Thank you. i will keep looking. I just would need to do online college and I just maybe am not researching the right areas for a grant.

Lol thank you!
A lot of state universities and local community colleges have online programs now. It's worth checking in your area.

i will def be looking more into it

Alien Explorer

TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY

I should have all the items here smile they were just extra but I held on to them for long to eventually sell...well.

The recolours thing is interesting. I still have to get used to it and the different colour schemes. I had to research the themes because for a secret santa I signed up for they asked 'favourite themes?' It's like it's one item but many colours. The amount it items on the site is mind boggling too. In LK when you have to confirm what the avi is wearing sometimes I don't recognize the items and once it happened I failed 3 times and didn't get my reward. So many items (and I want to collect/hoard them all)
Ah signs of an older Gaia user; still wanting a copy of every item ever released, lol. That is totally impossible now of course. I never did want every single item; just the ones I'd likely actually use. Still my inventory is full of items in many colors that were never used, thanks to LK. If I can find them or remember them, eventually they will be used.

I think we've all managed at one time to fail that captcha 3 times in a row. I have one other problem with it; it gets its avies from user's dressers so many times it'll be an avi that was never used or still in development. I know for sure because once I found one of my yet to be debuted avies as a captcha on LK. I was pretty unhappy about it. After I've used it fine, but not before! At least I didn't fail that one though. rolleyes lol
𝔹𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕪'𝕤
TesslikesconsentY

How are you today?

TesslikesconsentY generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 44!

23,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY

Ah signs of an older Gaia user; still wanting a copy of every item ever released, lol. That is totally impossible now of course. I never did want every single item; just the ones I'd likely actually use. Still my inventory is full of items in many colors that were never used, thanks to LK. If I can find them or remember them, eventually they will be used.

I think we've all managed at one time to fail that captcha 3 times in a row. I have one other problem with it; it gets its avies from user's dressers so many times it'll be an avi that was never used or still in development. I know for sure because once I found one of my yet to be debuted avies as a captcha on LK. I was pretty unhappy about it. After I've used it fine, but not before! At least I didn't fail that one though. rolleyes lol

Yes totally impossible. I am addicted to RIGs for new items though! Some of the extras I sell but mainly I just want to expand my invo.

Hm I always wondered where they got them from. I have discovered some items I want from those avis. It may screw up some people's contest avis though and people can copy them! They should just create their own

TesslikesconsentY generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 429!

23,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
babyboo17forever
𝔹𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕪'𝕤
TesslikesconsentY

How are you today?

Hello. Had a quieter day today. Did some work from home, read a bit and skyped with a friend which was nice. I'm traveling this Friday so I need to get things in order.

How are you? How was your day?
𝔹𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕪'𝕤
TesslikesconsentY
babyboo17forever
𝔹𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕪'𝕤
TesslikesconsentY

How are you today?

Hello. Had a quieter day today. Did some work from home, read a bit and skyped with a friend which was nice. I'm traveling this Friday so I need to get things in order.

How are you? How was your day?

Thats good, going any where fun?

I am good and my day was okay. Need to finish picking up and to make dinner.

Alien Explorer

TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY
glengrin
TesslikesconsentY

Yes totally impossible. I am addicted to RIGs for new items though! Some of the extras I sell but mainly I just want to expand my invo.

Hm I always wondered where they got them from. I have discovered some items I want from those avis. It may screw up some people's contest avis though and people can copy them! They should just create their own
I had to rofl over that....it's how my inventory exploded when I first started playing LK. All those RIGs, all those good items and so many poses so extra free copies kept, no way to organize due to the shuffle bug and 17 pages of equip chaos!

I don't see how people can easily copy an avi, unless they can see the equip list or know every single item and pose. If someone decides to copy one of mine that I'm using; I only use an avi once and for just 2 days. For me it's not such a problem. It's just having it shown before I decide to hurt. I was lucky that one was in it's final form. Many aren't in my dresser. It wouldn't mess up my contest avies either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff