Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you play TF2 on?

PC 0.50898472596586 50.9% [ 1133 ]
Xbox 360 0.20350404312668 20.4% [ 453 ]
PS3 0.074123989218329 7.4% [ 165 ]
I don't play it. 0.21338724168913 21.3% [ 475 ]
Total Votes:[ 2226 ]

Aries_LT
Ohh. That makes a bit more sense I suppose. I used to think he spawned from- eh.. I probably shouldn't say. @.@

E-Lo: Wouldn't that be 1.25 Gigs? That isn't too far fetched, though it is easier to get more...

User Image
He's in a lot of that kinda stuff... gonk
'This server is a protected Spycrab refuge.'

5,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
What's better? ATI HD4850 1024MB PCI-Express DDR3 DX10 or NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS

@Frakie - Oh, well you're always welcome in our server. We will not discriminate on however you play!

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
Aries_LT
Ohh. That makes a bit more sense I suppose. I used to think he spawned from- eh.. I probably shouldn't say. @.@

E-Lo: Wouldn't that be 1.25 Gigs? That isn't too far fetched, though it is easier to get more...
That's .75 Gigs. I'm running 4 with 512 gaming dedicated MB.

@ Fox: I like the 9800, but you need to make sure your computer has the upgraded PSU to run it.

4,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
E-Lo
Athraxis
@Hypnotic

Real proof. I'm runnin' a sweet hot gaming rig of... Wait for it...

AMD Athlon 3200+ Mobile, 768 MB RAM, and an ATI Radeon Xpress 200m. Sa-weet.

Though, if it'd run on my Eee (900 Mhz Celeron, 1 GB RAM, 915 Intel GS) I'd be REALLY amazed. I'm too scared to try though.
You broke my sarcasm detector, I can't tell if you're serious or not.

It is definitely not a sweet hot gaming rig. It is, in fact, my grandmother's laptop. mad

I'm in the market, as it were.

768 MB, being one 512 MB chip and one 256 MB chip of RAM.

@Lord Kerog

Wow, surprisingly the Newegg.ca is *far* different than the US version. Not just prices, obviously due to conversion and such... But lots isn't on there. o_O I unfortunately could not make an educated opinion.

... Though whether my opinions are ever educated is popular debate.

5,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
E-Lo
Aries_LT

@ Fox: I like the 9800, but you need to make sure your computer has the upgraded PSU to run it.

Well, I'm gettin' a new laptop all together. Wouldn't it be all set anyway to run the 9800 since it's...new? o_o

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
H y p n o t i c Fox
E-Lo
Aries_LT

Well, I'm gettin' a new laptop all together. Wouldn't it be all set anyway to run the 9800 since it's...new? o_o
Oh, thought you were buying just the card for a PC.

Go 9800, but your laptop will heat up HORRIBLY if you try to push it to the 9800's limits.
damned Spies...
Frank!e
Aries_LT

User Image

That's just because he's French and awesome. :O

Oh, you're right about the gigs. @.@ Calculus work has friend my brain...
Athraxis

@Lord Kerog

Wow, surprisingly the Newegg.ca is *far* different than the US version. Not just prices, obviously due to conversion and such... But lots isn't on there. o_O I unfortunately could not make an educated opinion.

Well I'm sorry to hear that, but luckily my parents have a mail box somewhere in the US. What is there to offer on Newegg.com?

4,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lord Kerog

Well I'm sorry to hear that, but luckily my parents have a mail box somewhere in the US. What is there to offer on Newegg.com?

There's several system builders bundles going on right now, from both AMD and Intel depending on your preference. All with 'Budget, Value, and Performance Kits' to suit price range. AMD kits come with memory, motherboard, processor, and hard drive. Intel kits with Memory, Motherboard, Processor, and video card. They're all pretty good deals.
AMD
Intel

The Intel ones are kind of annoying in supplying a video card as that's something that should really be chosen separately.
Aries_LT
Frank!e
Aries_LT

User Image

That's just because he's French and awesome. :O

Oh, you're right about the gigs. @.@ Calculus work has friend my brain...

User Image
True, true.
Spah is awesome. :3

5,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Since we're still pretty much on the topic of computers, I would like to add that I'm a laptop user. I don't own a desktop and I'd prefer mobility!

Now, please... Tell me if this is a good computer?
http://www.xoticpc.com/gt729-wsxga-order-p-2633.html
I've already asked the friend who showed me it and I plan on getting it.
well, I ,managed to actually get two backstabs in one life. yay for me.
Athraxis
Lord Kerog

There's several system builders bundles going on right now, from both AMD and Intel depending on your preference. All with 'Budget, Value, and Performance Kits' to suit price range. AMD kits come with memory, motherboard, processor, and hard drive. Intel kits with Memory, Motherboard, Processor, and video card. They're all pretty good deals.
AMD
Intel

The Intel ones are kind of annoying in supplying a video card as that's something that should really be chosen separately.

Thanks! I'll be sure to check out the offers!
I still think you should go with a custom desktop Friendly. But whatever, I think that laptop is a little overpriced, and I don't trust the fact that it has Killzone 2 screenshots on it, there is no PC port of that game. That's probably a little ridiculous but whatever. Nvidia cards are about a million times better than ADi cards. Also, you might want to check if it comes with the 32 or 64 bit version on Vista, if it's the 32, don't get it. It can't utilize any more RAM than 3GB.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff