Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
I don't have enough to say about year 2013 alone to make a list like many regulars have, but seeing all the threads made me want to list something too.
So here's my favorite and least favorite things about 7th generation.

-----------------------------------------------------------
My favorite things of this generation:

Nintendo DS
Limited Editions
Downloadable Content
Cinematics and the Feels
Being pressured into buying HDTV.
Being introduced to Blu-Rays with PS3.
Rekindled my love for gaming after a long break.
Above average license games trying to make a comeback.
Games! Dark Souls, Far Cry 3, Fallout: New Vegas, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mass Effect, Ace Attorney, The Last of Us,
The Walking Dead, Metal Gear Rising: Revengance, Grand Theft Auto V, Pokemon X & Y

Worst things of this generation:

Downloadable Content
Forced Steam and Origin
Hostility of gaming community
Nintendo home consoles wasted potential.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Download Content is your favorite thing and your worst thing? neutral

Lonely Exhibitionist

Um Pokemon X&Y would be 8th gen. Get your s**t together.

Witty Genius

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
Reno Takamiya
Download Content is your favorite thing and your worst thing? neutral

Yes. I love the idea and we've seen some excellent DLC over the years, but at the same time DLC has lead to not so great stuff like companies locking or leaving stuff out just to sell it to players seperately.

Super Stardom
Um Pokemon X&Y would be 8th gen. Get your s**t together.
Oh yeah, you're right.

Lonely Phantom

OctoCamo
I can agree to the DLC, Like Asuras Wrath WTF?! Well, most capcom things really. Don't need 4 installments of SF4 with like 4 new characters in each.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Mraxus
OctoCamo
I can agree to the DLC, Like Asuras Wrath WTF?! Well, most capcom things really. Don't need 4 installments of SF4 with like 4 new characters in each.
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

The only thing wrong with Asura's Wrather was the way they marketed the "true ending" dlc.

They originally wanted to make a sequel, but the game didn't sell enough so they sold it off as DLC instead.

If they hadn't called it the "true ending", or had just come out and said "the game didn't sell enough for a sequel, so here ya go!", I feel like it wouldn't have gotten the backlash it got.

Fluffy Streaker

14,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
OctoCamo
Worst things of this generation:

Downloadable Content
Forced Steam and Origin
Hostility of gaming community
Nintendo home consoles wasted potential.

You have ok taste in games and I agree that the hostility in gaming communities has been the worst thing.

Divine Genius

Hostility in the gaming community is ridiculous. When I worked on the walking dead fb game, we would get fan messages saying they would kill us and such threats just because we didn't release the game early. At first it made me hate the fanbase, after a while I stopped caring and just got used to it though. It's hard to find a game without several haters behind it, regardless of how well it was done. The joke in the industry is any forum, fb page, etc. that the company makes for the games they are working on becomes a wall of hate and anger. Angry people express themselves more than loving fans. I do enjoy seeing the loving fan posts once in a while though.

I'm happy that I just program the games and don't deal with the players. I can't imagine doing customer service for the game industry. The HR and other customer support people that I've worked with always seem stressed out and angry after dealing with crazy clients and players.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Programmer Ji-li
Hostility in the gaming community is ridiculous. When I worked on the walking dead fb game, we would get fan messages saying they would kill us and such threats just because we didn't release the game early. At first it made me hate the fanbase, after a while I stopped caring and just got used to it though. It's hard to find a game without several haters behind it, regardless of how well it was done. The joke in the industry is any forum, fb page, etc. that the company makes for the games they are working on becomes a wall of hate and anger. Angry people express themselves more than loving fans. I do enjoy seeing the loving fan posts once in a while though.

I'm happy that I just program the games and don't deal with the players. I can't imagine doing customer service for the game industry. The HR and other customer support people that I've worked with always seem stressed out and angry after dealing with crazy clients and players.

You need to become more like me. An, emotionless machine.

"What's that you say about the Last of Us? It gave you feels when a character died?"

What did I feel? Nothing.

Except in Ni No Kuni I teared up and in Piglet's Big Adventure I did as well. In Disney's FROZEN the beginning was heart wrenching. Some people just don't know how to make me sad I guess.

Divine Genius

Reno Takamiya

I think I'm pretty okay at not getting worked up about any of it anymore. It was annoying at first, because I personally felt attacked being one of the developers, but I didn't like scream or rage. After the first month though, it was easy to deal with and sometimes we'd enjoy posting funniest fan posts on our internal fb like thing at the last company I was at.

I rarely get emotional from any game, movie, or show. I'll enjoy the deep thoughts and such put into the story, but I won't cry over it.
I consider the games I've worked on my babies, but have no attachments to the work itself. I have no problem throwing it all away and starting over. Just as I have no problem going into any game I'm playing now no matter what game it is and just starting over a new file and overwriting the old one.
On the other hand, when I become a mother of an actual human non-binary child, I'll be all emotional and love the heck out of my own baby. <3

Shy Genius

Mraxus
OctoCamo

Or Oblivion.

The PS3 version didn't get a lot of what 360 users got.

And the extreme delays with Skyrim too.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150

Witty Genius

Reno Takamiya

I honestly feel left out in that picture......maybe I make it on there someday

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
OctoCamo

Forced Steam and Origin

I don't follow this one. Nobody was ever forced to use either of these two.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff