Welcome to Gaia! ::

Some new info in the last few days on Serenes Forest.

I've updated the front page a bit accordingly. smile Hope everyone's been enjoying their summer. Can't wait for E3 next week!
User Image

Four days till the release of New Mystery in Japan!
I wish there had been a new Fire Emblem at E3...
WishMatrix

Why? There's nothing to show.
Scout Targodeau
WishMatrix

Why? There's nothing to show.

How not? A new Fire Emblem? They could come up with a video for it I'm sure.
User Image

Scout's saying that he doesn't think that there is any new FE games in production.

WishMatrix is saying that there could be a brand new game in production and they could have been a video or some kind of showing if that's the case.

I think that while there's always a possibility that there's a new FE on the way, the producers were in crunch time in the lead up to E3 as far as finishing up all the final touches on New Mystery that they didn't really have the time or resources to put together anything for E3, especially if New Mystery is going to be the next thing that comes over-seas. Either way, bottom line is I think FE production resources were/are all focused on New Mystery before, during and since E3 leading up to the release in Japan.

That said, I haven't heard anything about any New Mystery trailers being seen at E3, which might imply that the localization staff's been twiddling their thumbs the last two years, and deserve a good hide-tanning. If people still do that anymore.
I'm saying that there would be nothing worth showing of the FE remake.

They always give out their information in Famitsu and CoroCoro so all the information is already available. Besides how excited is a video of Fire Emblem going to get you? OMG MARTH JUST ATTACKED A BERSERKER! HOLY s**t! HOLY s**t! Especially since they haven't started localizing it.

I love FE, but there is no reason for IS to waste time at E3 for it.
User Image

That's not entirely true; given how, like Shadow Dragon, New Mystery is trying to attract new players, a showing at E3 would be great advertising in theory, but given how far away an over-seas release is, it would probably be more effective at a later date, perhaps even next year.

Any trailer or demo shown would likely have no worth to you, since you like myself, are current with info coming out of japan, but not all fans or prospective players are like that so a trailer at E3 or another convention could be appealing.

Also

Quote:

Besides how exciting is a video of Fire Emblem going to get you? OMG MARTH JUST ATTACKED A BERSERKER! HOLY s**t! HOLY s**t!

Not marth specifically, but isn't that kinda what all Fire Emblem trailers/videos are like?

I can see why you'd think it a waste of time though. I probably wouldn't bother watching it either, especially since I wasn't impressed with Shadow Dragon. I'll likely get New Mystery when it comes out for the story and the novelty, but there's really no way it'll compete with the GBA titles in my book.
Scout Targodeau

They always give out their information in Famitsu and CoroCoro so all the information is already available. Besides how excited is a video of Fire Emblem going to get you? OMG MARTH JUST ATTACKED A BERSERKER! HOLY s**t! HOLY s**t! Especially since they haven't started localizing it.

Okay so I guess I wasn't clear. I would have liked to see a *Brand New* Fire Emblem previewed at E3. Shadow Dragon was okay, but it didn't have the strong character relationships I've come to love in the ones since the GBA. I feel like American fans are being ignored, having not been given a localization of Sword of Seals especially after Melee and Rekka no Ken. Marth is cool, but his games are dated.
WishMatrix
Scout Targodeau

Okay so I guess I wasn't clear. I would have liked to see a *Brand New* Fire Emblem previewed at E3. Shadow Dragon was okay, but it didn't have the strong character relationships I've come to love in the ones since the GBA. I feel like American fans are being ignored, having not been given a localization of Sword of Seals especially after Melee and Rekka no Ken. Marth is cool, but his games are dated.

Not really.

FE3 is just as complex if not more so than the GBA games.

Especially with an updated weapon triangle.
Scout Targodeau
WishMatrix
Scout Targodeau

Not really.

How would you know? I doubt it. The supports are rather basic compared with the GBA ones. And I'm not exactly looking forward to babysitting another unpromotable lord either. Unless they do some serious revamping it won't be that good, at least not good enough to justify a 40 dollar purchase for an old game.
WishMatrix
Scout Targodeau
WishMatrix
Scout Targodeau

Not really.

How would you know? I doubt it. The supports are rather basic compared with the GBA ones. And I'm not exactly looking forward to babysitting another unpromotable lord either. Unless they do some serious revamping it won't be that good, at least not good enough to justify a 40 dollar purchase for an old game.

I was referring to game mechanics, not supports. You said the FE3 was outdated which is untrue as the only games to have been significantly different from FE3's formula were FE2, 4, and 5.

Also, they have stated that they are adding support conversations if you care so much about your healer babbling on about nothing to loli mage #2. I'm not sure what it means, but they exist.

Also, you didn't need to babysit Marth? He had some very good growths and you probably weren't going to cap him to level 30 anyway unless you were playing easy mode.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff