+1 1 100.0% [ 397 ]
Total Votes:[ 397 ]
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 >

Shirtless Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Please rate this topic up if it helped you!
Vending: A Guide to Marketplace Trading

There are pictures. Please wait for them to load.

What is vending?
Vending is the idea of using the marketplace to buy items for a low price and then re-selling them for a high price in a short amount of time.

How do I vend?
Vending is done by using the “Just Added” page of the Gaia Marketplace.
By viewing this page, you can familiar yourself with the current prices of items for sale in the Gaia Community and recognize when an item is being sold at a discount.

User Image

In buying an item at a discount, you can re-sell that same item for the difference of price with the next listing.

User Image

In this example, 7,140 gold (42,140 – 35,000 = 7,140) was made as profit.

The competition is steep! How do I speed up my vending?
There are thousands of Gaians that are out vending at all hours of the day, every day. Here are some tips about beating the competition:

• Firefox has a save password feature that can be programmed to automatically appear when you go to purchase an item.

• Disabling JavaScript can also speed up load time on the “Just Added” page. This can be done by going to Tools>Options>Uncheck the JavaScript Box

User Image

• Download the Gaiaonline tool bar from www.Tektek.org

User Image

This toolbar will incorporate a tax calculator that will automatically deduct the 2% tax and show you your profits when you go to list an item.

• Refresh the vend page with F5.

Do I need money to make money?
Yes. While you can start by buying and selling cheap items it is ideal to start with about 30k. Here are some ways to reach a 30k goal:
Booty Grab
• Selling Inks from collecting bugs in towns or from daily chance
• Using Gaia Cash (not recommended because 30k can be accomplished without spending real world currency)
• Puzzles, games, posting in forms, daily chance
• Selling art/Art commissions

My items are taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to sell! Are there any alternatives to the marketplace?
Unfortunately some items do take a long time to sell and can be a problem if a lot of your gold is tied up. You can alternatively use the Gaia Exchange is a great place to free up your gold but sometimes at the expense of a discount. There is a price to pay for getting your money when you want it but sometimes that price is worth it.

I don’t understand what the Data Graphs do? How do I get rid of them?
Data Graphs can be toggled on or off by clicking the icon “show graphs” or “hide graphs” located beneath the option to try on the selected item. The data graphs show the average price and how the price fluctuates over time (left) and how many of the selected items are being sold over a period of time (right). These graphs can be changed to show stats over one month or over a year (this can be altered beneath the charts).

User Image

The graph on the left shows that the Death Parade item has been selling for around 37k but had spiked at one point to about 53k. The graph on the right shows that around 22 Death Parades are being sold a day.

OMG I accidentally listed my item and forgot to add the last zero! I lost a ton of money on my misprice! Is there any way I can get it back?
Unfortunately there is no way to regain your losses on your mispriced item. No matter how much you beg and plead to the person who bought your item, they have no obligation to return your item. It is up to them to decide if they choose to and only theirs. This is not a reportable offense because there is a confirmation screen before finalizing your sales transaction. Some people are very nice and do return misprices and I would encourage that you all would too but it is entirely up to you. For more information straight from the Omni Moderator’s mouth, click here.

Can I vend items sold in NPC stores?
It’s definitely not advisable. The problem with items sold in NPC stores is that A. those items are of unlimited supply and B. these items have price ceilings. This means that the very highest you can sell an item you bought from the NPC store is the same price as it is listed in the store. For example, if you bought something for 100 gold in the Barton Boutique, you can only sell this item for 100 gold in the marketplace. Yes, you can list these items above the store price in the marketplace but they will not sell because no one would pay 2,000 gold for a 100 gold item then can buy from an NPC.

Oh no! I accidentally paid too much for an item/the price of the item fell/I accidentally sold the item back to the store…etc.
Stuff happens and it is important to learn from your mistakes and move on.

Shirtless Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Investments

1. Chance Items (previously called Random Item Generators)
Chance Items are items that you take a gamble on to win fabulous prizes or you could lose out on your initial investment. Some examples of these are here. These are usually expensive investments that are generally cheaper to purchase in a bundle. These grow exponentially in price over time and can prove to be very valuable but the longer you wait to sell, the harder it is to find buyers even in the Exchange. Advice: Do not invest unless you are alright with letting your money sit for a long period of time.

2. Evolving Items
Evolving items are good investments with moderate risk. As my own personal rule of thumb, the more expensive the evolving item is in gaia cash, the more potential it has for profit. Evolving items sold for $999 gaia cash are generally the best investments when fully evolved.

• Rapid Evolving items are not very good investments because the 2nd gen is released after the 1st gen has finished evolving and is at the same level of evolution as the 1st gen. This provides zero incentive to pay more gold for the 1st gen over the 2nd gen of equal evolution. Also, these items tend to decrease in price over time.

3. zOMG Timed Release Items
So far we have the Golden Egg and Cursed Pumpkin items in this category. These items have a seal on them (much like Monthly Collectable Letters) that lasts for several months. Upon release (using data from Golden Egg) they have a limited edition zOMG ring to be used in game and an avatar equip item. They tend to skyrocket in price upon the seal breaking and while the items released from them decrease in price afterwards, the initial item (Golden Egg and Cursed Pumpkin) increases in price due to the zOMG ring inside it. These also become harder to sell as their prices increase over time.

4. Monthly Collectables
Monthly Collectables are limited edition items that are sold every month on Gaia. Historically, these were sought after items which are still coveted today. Currently these items have fallen in quality and desire. Occasionally there are a few that break the mold and are a huge success (usually demonic and angelic items). These items are best hoarded after release on the 15th (best times to buy are at the end of the month). These items usually bring slight gains unless they are hoarded for very long periods of time.

*EI= Evolving Item
**RIG= Random Item Generator (ie. Swirls, Lonely Stars, Emerald Seeds, Repo Lamps)
***MC= Monthly Collectable

Shirtless Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
For more elaborate guides anyone is free to join my guild or send me PMs. I'm here to help!

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/vending-guide-to-marketplace-trading/t.56809519/][img]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/Xiaocatgurl/Gaia Stuff/MyBannerMaker_Banner.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image User Image 50x50 icon shoppe

Other Guides:
User Image
User Image User Image

A lot of other Guides
Wow Vending sounds kinda complicated. But i wanna give it try anyways.

Shirtless Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Thanks, your guide plus my brain = Lots of money biggrin

Shirtless Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
bump to 1st page

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
this is a good guide

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
i really hope this works i just spent 1mill.

Shirtless Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
bump to first page

Fluffy Bunny

Wow!
My skittles stuff sold out in 1 day xp
even though i sell it for 11g whee

Shirtless Millionaire

9,050 Points