Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jiang Ryudo
Heminaku
User Image

who is doing the imp potion??

Could be Gem2Niki, the original imps were his idea...? Not sure though. He's been asked, I'll keep an eye on his journal.
User Image

That does make sense 3nodding

Interesting Sweetheart

7,700 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Jiang Ryudo
I think a lot of the stories are fairly interpretational. Obviously Buki's Enchanted Book is based on Cinderella and seems to follow the Disney Movie in a semi-coherrant way.

Others aren't so easy (I feel like Alruna's rose is basing itself on Succubi / Inccubi mythology, but without a true 'story' to draw from).

Inari's Beads is inspired by the Goddess Inari and her Kitsune (fox) messengers.

Hermes Moon was a combination of Moon Phases and the story of the Rabbit on the Moon in Japanese folklore (It makes 'Mochi' and dies when the moon finishes it's phases, I believe it's reborn though, can't remember the myth to hand).

Furugasa is following various Japanese folklores about monsters (Obakemono / Yurei; ghosts).

Yama no Tamago (or Yama no Kami no Tamago) seems to be following the path of a Tengu (crow-demon / monster from Japan)

Padmavati's Lotus seems to be inspired by snake mythologies from India, so far I'm wondering about Naga's but it's too early.

Kelp o th' loch seems to be based on a Kelpie (Scottish water-horse demon)

Can't really remember the others for now. These are my interpretations, I might be off.

I believe Alruna's Rose is based off Alraune which in my understanding is a German version of the Mandrake.
Wikipedia
The basis of the story of Alraune dates to the Middles Ages in Germany. The humanoid-shaped Mandrake root or Mandragora officinarum was widely believed to be produced by the semen of hanged men under the gallows. Alchemists claimed that hanged men ejaculated after their necks were broken and that the earth absorbed their final "strengths". In some versions, it is blood instead of semen. The root itself was used in love philtres and potions while its fruit was supposed to facilitate pregnancy. Witches who "made love" to the Mandrake root were said to produce offspring which had no feelings of real love and had no soul.

I believe the Hermes' Moon is based off the Greek god of the same name (along with the Japanese rabbit legend of course) fore the head wings as he was often depicted with them and the various other clothing accessories the wings seem to have spawned.

Furugasa is indeed follow legends of Japanese monsters but more specifically Tsukumogami the exception being the wigs with come from Yurei and the main creature being a Karakasa.

Padmavati's Lotus comes from the Hindu goddess Manasa who was sometimes called Padmavati.
The snake factor comes from this fact:
Wikipedia
Manasa (Bengali: মনসা, Manasha) is a Hindu folk goddess of snakes, worshipped mainly in Bengal and other parts of northeastern India, chiefly for the prevention and cure of snakebite and also for fertility and general prosperity. Manasa is the sister of Vasuki, king of Nāgas (snakes) and wife of sage Jagatkāru (Jaratkāru). [1] She is also known as Vishahara (the destroyer of poison), Jagadgaurī, Nityā (eternal) and Padmavati.

And the lotus part from this:
Wikipedia
The name Padmavati is Sanskrit for "she who emerged from lotus".

Just to clear things up. wink
Heminaku
Jiang Ryudo

Could be Gem2Niki, the original imps were his idea...? Not sure though. He's been asked, I'll keep an eye on his journal.
User Image

That does make sense 3nodding

I wonder what the Gimpi will turn in to? surprised I'm quite excited, but I'm sure it's not gonna be an Imp skin else people will explode! xd ;;

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
It's only natural to think that Buki is doing dander, since she did the dust bunnies.
Bohemian Butterflies
It's only natural to think that Buki is doing dander, since she did the dust bunnies.

surprised I wonder if we'll get Dust Bunny slippers? I might PM Buki and ask her..
User Image

It's confirmed that Buki is doing Gro-gain. With L0cke, I think.

User Image

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Pure-Dark-Star
User Image

User Image

Two people on one EI at once? Doesn't sound right to me. I'm not saying your wrong... I'm saying thats weird eek

Dapper Phantom

10,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Nerd 50
devilish_tenshi
Pure-Dark-Star
User Image

User Image

Two people on one EI at once? Doesn't sound right to me. I'm not saying your wrong... I'm saying thats weird eek

Yeah, it is weird User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
But then again, the DandiiDoodad spore, Dionaesil, and Biancamella had 2 people who worked on at least one pose, or were worked on by 2 people 3nodding

*pokes*

leeeeeegeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnddddddddddd!!!!!

update the liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist!!!! *kicks ground*

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
Trampy McTramp

*pokes*

leeeeeegeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnddddddddddd!!!!!

update the liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist!!!! *kicks ground*

Comeooooonnnnnn

7,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
I want to know who does the Dander and the Gimpi. xP
Pure Simplicity
I want to know who does the Dander and the Gimpi. xP

I want to know who's making the Dander too. I'm expecting something funny and versatile either way (like the face) but I'd still like to make an educated choice over the Cash Shop or the MP based on who the artist is.

Seeker

9,600 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Thanks for the information!

Dapper Warlord

9,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
I thought that crazy spork i am was doing the Dander, because I thought she did the dust bunny game in the Olympics. I remember seeing a post in AtA about it...is this another case of Lanzer being sadly misinformed? confused

Heroic Warrior

Okay okay I am spending some time doing some detective work to find out who is doing what!

Coocoon appears to currently have NO artist. As for its creator that appears to be a well kept secret, but I have my suspicions. ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff