Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
User Image
Thread Coding created by: Lady Saxophone - Thank You!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

July 1st, 2022
      A big official welcome to the Fishaholics Tournament!
      We are back and bigger than ever, and I've had such fun preparing for this event.
      We are hoping to see a community announcement and special freebies for this month
      Please learn how to access the old version of Fishing by CLICKING HERE
      In the event you CANNOT access classic Fishing, prizes will still be handed out to those who participate and visit this thread during the month!
      Please stay tuned for official prize announcements. Work hard, fish harder everyone!

Free Item Grants
      Click the images below to get your free Fishaholics Tournament Chino Pin (thank you Gaia Staff/Artists!)
      User Image User Image
      Valid until the end of the month (July 2022)

(Valid until July 31, 2020 - thank you Gaia Staff and Artists!)

New Trophies
      Gaia Staff have made some unique trophies for us this year featuring an elegant Angelfish!
      These trophies will be awarded to the top 3 players in the categories of Overall, Junk, and each lake (Bass'ken, Gambino, and Durem).
      User ImageUser ImageUser Image

RULES & INFO

1. 🐟 All standard rules of the Fishing tournament established by Gaia apply.
      This includes botting. If you are found to be doing so, you will be barred from winning gold prizes from this tournament in the future.

2. 🐟 These rankings will end as Gaia's tournaments do: at exactly 11:59 PM PST of the last day of the month.

3. 🐟 As with trophies, one individual can win multiple prizes if they hold that rank at the end of the tournament.
      For instance, if #1 Overall happens to place #3 in Bass'ken and #2 in Gambino, they will win the prizes for each ranking.

4. 🐟 In the past, only a few competitors won gold prizes. The interest in donating gold to this project has been great, and we are so grateful!
      The initial limit has been surpassed, and now Overall 1st through 3rd places and the top 10 in each lake and junk will win gold prizes.
      If you are not aware, only the very top Overall winner gets a trophy - but we are offering gold to the top three!
      If you are interested in donating to offer more Overall gold prizes, please contact me! More funds means more rewards for more fishers!

5. 🐟 I personally, AvatarRoku05, will not be competing for a trophy during this time.
      In the past, I would pass the gold prize down to the next person in line and would not keep the gold prize to myself.
      If a winner in the tournament wishes to pass their prize along to the next person in line in a gesture of good sportsmanship,
      feel free to let me know when I send your winner's message after the tournament.
      This will push the gold down the line one place (for instance, Overall #1 can give their gold to Overall #2. If Bass'ken #1 wishes to give their gold, the individual in second place will get their amount. Down the line, this will eventually allow #11 to receive a gold prize, which they wouldn't have originally been in place for). Another option is to donate your gold back to tournament funds if you wish!

DONORS

Our 2022 Donors are:
♥ AvatarRoku05
♡ Chasing Sirens
♥ Raining Miroku
♡ IcePrincess_123
♥ Tracigreen
♡ kloob

(as of 08/16/2020) Please take time to say "thank you" to these great folks who have donated over the years!

♥ AvatarRoku05
      ♡ Brule Latte
      ♥ Razer
      ♡ GhostOrchids
      ♥ zieLiz
      ♡ Parodius-Daryl
      ♥ MicroDotz
      ♡ Concentrated
      ♥ Drunk Ewok
      ♡ joannnahh
      ♥ Vathilia IV
      ♡ Jareth_bowie
      ♥ Pesty Elf
      ♡ I Embri I
      ♥ Chollaflower
      ♡ Ebania & the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild
      ♥ A Wild Kimmu Appears
      ♡ GCash Anonymous
      ♥ StarShipAries
      ♡ jizzed when he
      ♥ rheilinn
      ♡ Esne

Current Funds for Future Events: 20,234,841,750,000 GOLD as of 06/25/2022

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
User Image

ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT

The Fishaholics Anonymous guild received many suggestions to go a step further and reward hard-working fishers with more than just trophies.
      Therefore, to celebrate the guild's third birthday in March 2018, the Fishaholics Tournament was founded.
      This user-run event rewarded the top fishers for placing on the leaderboards each month from March 2018 to March 2019.

As life would have it, things became very busy for me personally, and it was difficult to keep up with the tournament every month. And so after a year, the tournament was ended.
      After tremendous feedback from the community, we decided to re-open the tournament for one month each year.
      July was the most popular month, so with that in mind, we will be aiming to host this tournament every July, going forward!

From our original introduction:
      "At this time, only trophies are given to the winners, and there are currently no gold prizes.
      It has been said that these gold prizes could serve as extra incentive to fishers,
      to make the competition even more intense and the reward that much sweeter!
      The Fishaholics Anonymous guild wishes to offer gold prizes for the dedicated Fishing enthusiasts..."

2020 TOURNAMENT PRIZES

Not yet updated for 2022 please be patient, we are waiting to see if we are able to receive any prizes from Gaia to distribute! For the time being, please know there are some very nice items and RIGs up for grabs!

This year, in addition to the prizes below (donated by Gaians), we also have special new trophies thanks to Gaia Staff!
      They will be granted to our top three winners in the following categories/lakes: Overall, Junk, Bass'ken, Gambino, and Durem
      User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Overall: First Place Prize
      250B Gold (25K Plat) + 1,000 GCash + 1 Rare Fish **

Overall: Second and Third Place Prizes
      100B Gold (10K Plat) each

Bass'ken / Gambino / Durem / Junk: First Place Prize
      50B Gold (5K Plat) + 500 GCash + 1 Rare Fish **
      Note: This is per category, so there are four people in total who will receive these prizes.

Bass'ken / Gambino / Durem / Junk: Second thru Tenth Place Prize
      25B Gold (2.5K Plat) each

Bass'ken / Gambino / Durem / Junk: 11th thru 50th Place Prize
      Random assorted items

** Rare Fish for 2020 include: 1 x Rubyback Lion, 1 x Big Mouth Bass'terd, 1 x Chargin' Chino, and 2 x Buckin' Bino (all thanks to generous donors!)

The top three Overall, and top ten from each Lake/Junk will also receive a certificate with their name printed on it!
      This can be displayed on their profile, signature, or even printed out!

WINNERS LIST

Full Winners List, Click Here

Overall:
        1) nick0_Chant
        2) II Lady Lucy II
        3) SirenicalNight

Bass'ken:
        1) Sazank
        2) nick0_Chant
        3) Cubexline

Gambino:
        1) nick0_Chant
        2) Parodius-Daryl
        3) II Lady Lucy II

Durem:
        1) Shiletimis
        2) Hero of Bladehold
        3) jenrb

Junk:
        1) Basic Rod
        2) Shiletimis
        3) Pyth4goras

BANNERS

Help us continue to support the Fishaholics Tournament!
      Please share a banner on your profile or signature.

User Image
      [url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.104128317/][img=:200"]https://u1cdn.gaiaonline.com/mfs/index/adminupload/e0270582fdd5.png[/img][/url]

User Image
      [url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-fishing/the-fishaholics-tournament-it-s-back-july-2020/t.104128317/][img]https://i.imgur.com/6yawZB8.gif[/img][/url]

User Image
      [url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-fishing/the-fishaholics-tournament-it-s-back-july-2020/t.104128317/#][img]https://i.imgur.com/GXIyEup.png[/img][/url]

FISHING FAN ART

Check out this awesome art for the Tournament.
          It was created by fellow Fishers and guild members!

Auori

User Image
          User Image

Brule Latte
          User Image

~ ~ ~ Would you like a free Fishing Starter Kit? Please CLICK HERE! ~ ~ ~

Beloved Wife

...and I thought I was finally going to stop fishing. xD;
I am excited for this. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cat

28,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
Do we send you the donation?

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
GhostOrchids

Yes of course! I am keeping a typed copy of the actual amounts to know what we have for spending, but you would be listed only by name here as thanks!

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
Kimmucchi
...and I thought I was finally going to stop fishing. xD;
I am excited for this. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No one can ever stop Fishing ninja Hehe. But here is definitely a reason to continue!

Cat

28,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
GhostOrchids

Yes of course! I am keeping a typed copy of the actual amounts to know what we have for spending, but you would be listed only by name here as thanks!

Okie dokie! I sent in a donation.

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
GhostOrchids

Okie dokie! I sent in a donation.

Thank you so very much! heart
Okay, this decides me! I'm going to compete in Gambino for March! (my Stone Boldur quest can go back burner for a month)

Beloved Wife

I posted an announcement for everyone on the discord server.
Hopefully this will spark a lot of interest.

yum_puddi

No one can ever stop Fishing ninja Hehe. But here is definitely a reason to continue!

The truth has been spoken. x3

chollaflower
Okay, this decides me! I'm going to compete in Gambino for March! (my Stone Boldur quest can go back burner for a month)

I'll be seeing you around then~ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Good luck to everyone this month~ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
Asian Purrsuasion
I posted an announcement for everyone on the discord server.
Hopefully this will spark a lot of interest.

Good luck to everyone this month~ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I thank you so much for announcing this! I am about to send a guild announcement too! And yes, I wish everyone the best of luck.

Professional Genius

Lovely idea! Hopefully this will help give incentive to people to participate in the monthly fishing contest. heart

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
zieLiz
Lovely idea! Hopefully this will help give incentive to people to participate in the monthly fishing contest. heart

Thank you so kindly! That is surely the goal- trophies definitely hold bragging rights, but this is to get folks involved, and give them something extra to try for!

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
So many fishers working hard, and so many kind souls helping make this open to more prizes in the months to come!

Storm's Waifu

Unstoppable Razer

37,265 Points
  • God of Spatulas 500
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I totally support this and I will put it in my sig. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash