No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Shy Prophet

9,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Existential Existence

I have to agree with you. I think some rather good conversation has come from this topic.

Wistful Dreamer

I don't make topics. problem solved.

Dangerous Hunter

8,275 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
User Image

I make topics, but sometimes yeah I do lose my nerve xP

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
delicatedisarray
Existential Existence

I have to agree with you. I think some rather good conversation has come from this topic.

Yes, actually I didn't know so many people felt anxious (to some degree) about making topics....well, you know there are some, but it's like....making a "do you lurk?" thread and BAM hordes of people you've rarely seen post in the GCD before start posting. xd

*drags lurkers into the light* COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE.

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
I do think NPCs and Gaia staffs lose their nerves once in a while, they must have had that happened. They are creative and some GCD threads are so boring and repeative

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
        Lately I've only been able to post in the SF, I constantly second guess myself when posting a topic in the GCD. I can post in the topics already created with no problem but the </3 system makes it somewhat discouraging.
Chromatic Bird

I honestly feel like the only reason you made this topic was for the sake of making a topic.

Things like this make me afraid to post topics in the GCD. crying

This isn't directed to you~ but sometimes people in the GCD can be a little harsh.
Honestly, it really makes me nervous to post topics.
:/

Actually, now I'm curious as to how my topics I have posted here....
*goes and checks.*
Nine! Which is actually more than I though. sweatdrop

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Basielle
Chromatic Bird

I honestly feel like the only reason you made this topic was for the sake of making a topic.

Things like this make me afraid to post topics in the GCD. crying

This isn't directed to you~ but sometimes people in the GCD can be a little harsh.
Honestly, it really makes me nervous to post topics.
:/

Actually, now I'm curious as to how my topics I have posted here....
*goes and checks.*
Nine! Which is actually more than I though. sweatdrop
User Image

Hehe, sorry, it wasn't really meant to be harsh or like... made me dislike the OP.

I guess you could say I was just posting for the sake of posting XP

I've been Darkwired
Chromatic Bird

Hehe, sorry, it wasn't really meant to be harsh or like... made me dislike the OP.

I guess you could say I was just posting for the sake of posting XP

I know. That's why I said it wasn't directed to you. 3nodding
I could tell that your comment was innocent...but there are some users that I noticed post rude things just to post them or to get a reaction. sad

Shy Gaian

I'm singing
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My blues
I always think topics out for weeks. I'll think about them, and then think about posting them and what I will say. When I finally post it, I realize it's a bad idea for me to even post a topic. I always realize too late.

I just don't post topics anymore.

In a relationship with RedstarGalaxy

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
User ImageWow, the OP is rather surprising, given the person posting it... Honestly, I think if you post more than once in the GCD and your thread isn't misplaced, spam, or moved to the SF... Plus it gets more than two responses... I think you need not worry any more about posting in the GCD, because it looks like you know the rules cat_3nodding

Beyond that, everyone makes mistakes... So, if you realize later your thread isn't up to par with being in the GCD, rewrite your OP till it is or ask a mod to move it cat_3nodding

Mewling Loverboy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i always get that. D:

lol it would be bad if the admin lost her nerve...
and all of the other npc's. then GDC will go
batshit crazy because then there'd be no new
item announcements.

* A *

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Man-Hungry Fairy

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Full closet 200
I tend to click the New Topic button, walk away for a few minutes, then come back and can't remember what I was gonna post about. ):
Existential Existence

Talk to the hand man.
talk2hand
We all make topics to make topics sometimes. GCD is a little slow with new topics today anyway. Half the day is gone!

This is a pretty interesting topic anyway. People rarely ask about how people feel about making topics..mostly it's about whether you post or not (responding to a topic vs lurking). Probably because people jump to the sorts of conclusions like you do razz

I don't lose nerves or anything but sometimes I just don't feel like responding to people so I'll type out a topic, then I'll "X" out of it.

Oh yeah sometimes I don't think a small thing is worth making a topic about...it gets REALLY EERIE when a lot of topics in the GCD have your name on it. So I'll post it in the GCD guild now biggrin

Like that one topic about lite fishes, the MP anomaly, and spoiling the user item contest for all ya'll days before it was announced 4laugh

Maybe that needs to change
Unless a better topic comes up don't you usually drudge through the same topic irl? or y'know, just stop talking and listen to the others?
I don't see why here needs to be any different
Less topics doesn't necessarily = bad topics

Surveyish threads like this can help (though even this one's pretty damn common)
but they're always so detached and forced
like having someone suddenly sit next to you and ask "I wanna talk so what do you wanna talk about?"
I mean we all love talking
but don't you want a conversation with a little less apathy?
or maybe I'm just too picky

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
I made one a while back and realized that... topic makers gotta talk with people who reply? Ehhhh. It's a bit of work. I've had an idea for a topic for a while now, just haven't made it... yet. x_x Well, I'm waiting for someone else to make it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff