Yes 0.67986425339367 68.0% [ 1202 ]
No, It should be Gaia isn't being greedy 0.32013574660633 32.0% [ 566 ]
Total Votes:[ 1768 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 >

Thanks so much for creating this piece of information. heart
super_smex
iShinichu
harunosakura1995
well, it IS true. gaia DOES need more money. but like, when we report, you guys dont REALLY like, do anything(theory). i reported that someone hacked my account, stole expensive stuff and all my gg and NOTHING came in the mail. my classmate just got HER account hacked. but i think gaia should be more HACK FREE. she didnt tell ANYONE her password. she lost expensive stuff and gg. so i kinda like gaia but not that much.. <.<

User Image

Wishing Gaia Online to be "hack-free" is not happening.
As long as hackers are around and do what they do, NO SITE, much less Gaia, will ever be hack free.

Do you realize how huge this site is? While I do think there is a lag somewhere,
possibly due to a shorter staff with no thanks to the economy in the shitter.

Also, when were you and your friend hacked?
User Image
User Image

there are tons of people that get hacked all the time, the report will eventually be answered..give it year xD (I change my password like atleast 6 times a year.

Or five. Still hoping to get my Angelic Sash back from my 03 account...

14,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Thank you for posting this. I have to admit that I was feeling like it was all about the money. Thanks for imforming us of the cost to run this site and reminding us that there is still plenty of free stuff here (gold shops, quest, games, ZOMG! and Ect...) 3nodding

Creamy Pie

15,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Pie Feeder 50
If Gaia was being "Money Hungry" or Greedy they would make this a pay site ... using Gaia Cash is completly optional ... with games like booty grab and the posting bonuses ... if there was something you really wanted you could earn it in less than a week with moderate play ... if you were game crazy you could earn around 60K in less than a day ... legally

Wealthy Raider

10,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
Oh wow... More people should look at this before complaining about the ads they put up like the puppy, and the sponsors, etc.

Might make them rethink things and turn their opinions around

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
I am still wanting to bludgeon Flynn with a stick with each PM she makes to me. stare

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I wonder how much RIG's have impacted those statistics.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
"It costs" is not the Gospel. They spent gobs on the MMVII vampire movie and that sucked a**.
They spent more than gobs on zOMG!, Qixter is gone, the Xmas event is now a repeat.

It has to do with practical and responsible spending, which is something that Gaia has not perfected yet.
To me, they seem like a kid who spends all their money on bubblegum and trading cards, then wants a bigger allowance so they can go to some computer camp.

The poll is a joke.

Winged Angler

24,850 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Wow, I hadn't seen this yet!
I had no idea it was so (approximatly) expensive to run Gaia!

This is making me think twice about my decision to not buy a Noel's from the Cash Shop..
I guess I can afford to donate $7.50 for Gaia this Christmas! ^_^ <3

Good luck to Gaia this Christmas, and thanks for making such a great site! Ilu. <3

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Warlord Pilfer
"It costs" is not the Gospel. They spent gobs on the MMVII vampire movie and that sucked a**.
They spent more than gobs on zOMG!, Qixter is gone, the Xmas event is now a repeat.

It has to do with practical and responsible spending, which is something that Gaia has not perfected yet.
To me, they seem like a kid who spends all their money on bubblegum and trading cards, then wants a bigger allowance so they can go to some computer camp.

The poll is a joke.

What a joke. You honestly believe that the reason why Gaia is trying so hard is because they've been spending irresponsibly and they need to make up for that?

Let me tell you something here, no business practice gets it right the first or tenth time. Investments are made and sometimes they come at a price when something falls through or doesn't go right. So, yes, they have to find other ways of making up the loss in the next quarter to reach their quota.

If Gaia was as irresponsible as you're placing them, then Lanzer and the bunch would be out of work and kicked out of Silicon Valley as of last year. It's a very competitive area, not to mention the cost of living in California is pretty high, so again they have to try their best to pull in funds to keep them above water.

So what does this mean?

Pulling in major sponsorships who are willing to shell out some 7 figures for some exposure on the site to a worldwide crowd of 18 - mid twenty-somethings.

It means placing more emphasis and push on items that will pull people in to use the cash shop. RIGs are definitely a favorite on this site as it offers the users a chance to own or sell a cool rare item. They've been offering bundles for a little more cash. And also equipping our Aquariums with cash items that would, concurrently, give you some residual income the more you stock your tank with better fish that offer more when they glow.

Investing in anything is a sticky affair as it ALWAYS takes a risk. You can be as careful as you want, but it's an inevitable part of business that mistakes are made.

Gaia has bills to pay. They have hardware and software to update. They have staff to pay.

They already had to cut some staff as a result of the recession. That's no easy task as companies usually try to cut back on expenses first before cutting any employee. And during those cuts, duties are distributed to the remaining staff along with all the stress. So you're looking at folks quitting as a result.

So between finding talent and recruiting volunteers from the site to help out as well as hiring freelancers to help with the workload, what you're looking at is a regular everyday business who's goal is to stay away from the redline by getting the job done as efficiently and quickly as possible without having to suffer any casualties than they've already had.

And if you hadn't realized, I too am tired of people complaining about Gaia. Of course I don't agree with everything they do, but I'm not about to sit here and complain about the good ol days or anything like that when we all know that those days can't happen again as the economy won't allow that.

So buck up and deal with it....or simply leave.

Sparkly Pants

8,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
CannibalCake
Oh wow... More people should look at this before complaining about the ads they put up like the puppy, and the sponsors, etc.

Might make them rethink things and turn their opinions around

I knew quite well about this thread before I complained about the puppy advertisement link.
I always figured it must be a lot, but the breakdown was interesting. Thanks for posting this info. :3 Sorry I only stumbled across it just now.
Sure, they aren't money hungry, how else will they make money?
IT's just sort of FRUSTRATING sometimes when every single item that comes out that is remotely valuable or worth having in your inventory, you have to pay for in real, genuine, all-american, red, white, and blue USD. Which some, wait, MOST of the users on gaia don't have the luxury of doing.

With lack of credit/debit/or any sort of cash flow. Or money is just tight.

So all these faggots are running around with 1mil+ whilst putting forth no effort to have gotten that gold in the first place. All they had to do is click a few buttons, withdraw that $100, and voila they're straight on the road to riches.

Some of us still try to work for their money. IRL. AND on gaia. People who take the traditional means like vending and exchanging are falling behind in the economy because they can't buy themselves that extra 5 mil they needed. It's not fair.

So I think THAT'S the viewpoint most of this complaining is coming from. People just like to put it that gaia is money-hungry, but in all fairness they really are just complaining about the above.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
Catalyste
Warlord Pilfer

The poll is a joke.

What a joke. You honestly believe that the reason why Gaia is trying so hard is because they've been spending irresponsibly and they need to make up for that?

Let me tell you something here, no business practice gets it right the first or tenth time. Investments are made and sometimes they come at a price when something falls through or doesn't go right. So, yes, they have to find other ways of making up the loss in the next quarter to reach their quota.

If Gaia was as irresponsible as you're placing them, then Lanzer and the bunch would be out of work and kicked out of Silicon Valley as of last year. It's a very competitive area, not to mention the cost of living in California is pretty high, so again they have to try their best to pull in funds to keep them above water.

So what does this mean?

Pulling in major sponsorships who are willing to shell out some 7 figures for some exposure on the site to a worldwide crowd of 18 - mid twenty-somethings.

It means placing more emphasis and push on items that will pull people in to use the cash shop. RIGs are definitely a favorite on this site as it offers the users a chance to own or sell a cool rare item. They've been offering bundles for a little more cash. And also equipping our Aquariums with cash items that would, concurrently, give you some residual income the more you stock your tank with better fish that offer more when they glow.

Investing in anything is a sticky affair as it ALWAYS takes a risk. You can be as careful as you want, but it's an inevitable part of business that mistakes are made.

Gaia has bills to pay. They have hardware and software to update. They have staff to pay.

They already had to cut some staff as a result of the recession. That's no easy task as companies usually try to cut back on expenses first before cutting any employee. And during those cuts, duties are distributed to the remaining staff along with all the stress. So you're looking at folks quitting as a result.

So between finding talent and recruiting volunteers from the site to help out as well as hiring freelancers to help with the workload, what you're looking at is a regular everyday business who's goal is to stay away from the redline by getting the job done as efficiently and quickly as possible without having to suffer any casualties than they've already had.

And if you hadn't realized, I too am tired of people complaining about Gaia. Of course I don't agree with everything they do, but I'm not about to sit here and complain about the good ol days or anything like that when we all know that those days can't happen again as the economy won't allow that.

So buck up and deal with it....or simply leave.

The mantra of fools. Accept it or leave...how naive.

"What a joke. You honestly believe that the reason why Gaia is trying so hard is because they've been spending irresponsibly and they need to make up for that?"
Answer is yes.

The admitted that their writing staff has increased by a large degree, whereas most people are suggesting that the plot was more cohesive when done by fewer writers.

If Gaia listed its cash shop profits, we'd have something to really argue over.

Anyway, you are contradicting yourself by suggesting that they aren't making poor financial choices and then tossing in that companies make a lot of mistakes.
And no where did I say that Gaia shouldn't be employing this cash blitzkrieg. They should streamline their spending or else the Cash Shop stampede could have some very negative effects.

A couple mil for a game that is flatlining after a year and is still in Beta, food?, they cater lunches and shiz? Ridiculous, wasteful spending.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff