Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

*taps microphone* Goooooooooood morning, Gaians! This is your principal Surl E. Dean speaking. August is National Back to School Month which means it's time to dress properly for school! That's right! Pull up those pants, and put some clothes on! scream scream Our school PTO wants to encourage appropriate school attire. After all not dressing appropriately for learning can lead to penal code violations and subsequent punishments such as #000-001 congas or #878-989 being eaten by a shark.

Over the summer (while you all were procrastinating at Camp Nimbus when you should have been studying), our PTO held a special fundraiser to buy an assortment of "prizes" for students who adequately follow the school dress code. Your teachers should be handing out a paper with all of the information on the current requirements as we speak! If even ONE of you makes a paper airplane out of our contest rules SO HELP ME, I WILL... scream *ahem*

The theme for this contest is: Back to School. It's time to hit the books and get back into the school routine. Wow us with your creativity!

How to Enter: Simply put together an outfit that reflects the theme and post in this thread before August 14th at 11:59PM PDT. Remember: don't change your avatar until the winners are announced on the evening of August 16th! A team of Gaia Staff members and Surl E. Dean will get together & choose the most appropriately dressed students.

6 First Place Winners:
User Image + User Image + User Image

4 Second Place Winners:
User Image + User Image

3 Third Place Winners:
3x User Image

15 Honorable Mentions:
User Image

Mystery Bonus Winners: Rumor has it Funniest Avatar, Principal's Choice and Best Overall Paws will all win a special prize!

Rules:
gaia_crown Posted avatar images in your reply will NOT be considered entries.
gaia_crown Asking Surl E. Dean when winners will be selected will result in detention.
gaia_crown Quoting Surl E. Dean will result in detention and will not increase your chances of winning.
gaia_crown Posting multiple times will not affect your chances of winning.
gaia_crown Feel free to give a description, as long as it it appropriate!
gaia_crown Respect Surl E. Dean's restraining order if you have been served one.
gaia_crown Do not play with sharks while participating in this avatar contest.
gaia_crown Do not SUMMON sharks while participating in this avatar contest.
gaia_crown Judges opinions are totally subjective, and may disagree with yours.
gaia_crown Have a good time participating in this avatar contest as long as it follows school rules!
gaia_crown Kissing the Surl E. Dean during this avatar contest will result in school suspension, and possible restraining order.
gaia_crown No begging to Surl E. Dean to win.
gaia_crown Pretending to have the Surl E. Dean's Permission to do something when you don't will result in detention.
gaia_crown Hotdogs must be properly dressed with appropriate condiments during Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner.
gaia_crown Throwing spitballs will result in detention, but will not affect your chances of winning.
gaia_crown Daydreaming while participating in this avatar contest will result in extra homework!
gaia_crown Students are encouraged to study while participating in this contest.
gaia_crown Any conga lines that form while participating in this contest will result in detention.
gaia_crown Creating paper airplanes while participating in this avatar contest will result in extra homework and possible detention, along with a guaranteed chance of the Dean making your life a studious, respectful hell.
gaia_crown Working on homework while participating in this contest is highly encouraged.
gaia_crown No shouting while participating in this avatar contest unless you are Surl E. Dean.
gaia_crown No complaining about the amount of rules for this contest. Penal Code #735-802 CLEARLY states that all Dean-sanctioned organizations (excluding bake sales) are to uphold a minimum of 22 rules

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

"Oh my word! My schoolbooks cost how much? Wait, that's all of them together, right? How am I going to carry all of these every day?" Poor Crystal thought e-books were the future, but schools cannot keep up with times now, can they?

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Dean. You mean being kissed by a sharks

We all remember what happened last summer emotion_awesome

Tiny Pumpkin

Awesome!! Omg a contest emotion_kirakira
EDIT: Avatar updated! #relatable #face
Good luck to everyone!! heart This was so much fun!

Also...

[NPC] Surl E. Dean

Did you know that the title, "dean", used to be a military term to describe a small-scale commander of men?

dean (n.)
early 14c., from Old French deien, from Late Latin decanus "head of a group of 10 monks in a monastery," from earlier secular meaning "commander of 10 soldiers" (which was extended to civil administrators in the late empire), from Greek dekanos, from deka "ten". Replaced Old English teoðingealdor. College sense is from 1570s. (From etymology dictionary).

Could I call you Principal Teoðingealdor, sir?? heart Please??? emotion_kirakira

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

Good luck everyone

Shirtless Duck

this look is more "back to GRAD school" if anything... but the mentality is the same:

I'M READY I'M READY I'M READY classified_jet

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image

Well this looks fun. Lets see what I can come up with.

EDIT: After 5 different outfits, I like this one the best. I call it "What did the professor say was next in the recipe?!"

User Image

Ami Satomora's Waifu

God Eater

Good luck everyone

edit-
I am studying to become a famous mage
so one day I can teach others the wonders of magic!

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

Post reserved for Kiro! Post in use! Im a confused student that got into the wrong class! XD Transfer day came and well....I got lost sweatdrop
This sounds like fun..

The Dean has some typo's/grammar issues in his rules..
(yes, Aki did indeed read all the rules of the contest)

Update: A fairly basic sort of look, trying to meld Aki-squirrel's style with real-Aki's style while adding a little bit of "maybe a school uniform" to the mix.. (it's been a fair few years since I was in school and we didn't have uniforms or a super strict dress code or anything, so..)

Team Diedrich

Right, lemme see...

Woo Mee's Fav

Sexy Pickle

29,975 Points
  • Pickle Paradise 500
  • Melonsta X 500
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
YASSSS.

S-senpai noticed me.
-eats toast-

Completionist