4% [ 10 ]
don't care / gold
32% [ 75 ]

Total Votes : 230
I heard that Canada is going to be hit the hardest by global warming
pinkie_fizz
i think bangladesh has already been hit hardest by global warming
Yeah... Global dimming is nothing to worry about.

See, long before it becomes a real problem, Global warming will already be destroying us. (The thresshold is supposed to be within the next 8 years). Now, Global dimming will come in, have a little fun, but it will do nothing to us because Global Warming will already have caused the Polar Ice Caps, Antartica, and Greenland to all melt, which will end up causing Global Cooling, and then the next Ice Age.
potoroo99
pinkie_fizz
Actually, Canada is going to become a barren wastland of ice that we cannot live in (think about how cold it was when that Mammoth we found was frozen in Ice perfectly preserved while eating grass). Greenland will have already lost all of its ice, and will then become like Canada.

In reality, a ton of places will be screwed evenly to the point of useless.

You need to watch the movie "An Inconvienient Truth".
Lord Yuhuang Shangti

See, long before it becomes a real problem, Global warming will already be destroying us. (The thresshold is supposed to be within the next 8 years). Now, Global dimming will come in, have a little fun, but it will do nothing to us because Global Warming will already have caused the Polar Ice Caps, Antartica, and Greenland to all melt, which will end up causing Global Cooling, and then the next Ice Age.
i think you may have missed the point of how global dimming changes global warming?
potoroo99
Lord Yuhuang Shangti

i think you may have missed the point of how global dimming changes global warming?
It doesn't, Global Warming is far more advanced then Global Dimming, it's not close enough to do anything.
Lord Yuhuang Shangti
potoroo99
pinkie_fizz
Actually, Canada is going to become a barren wastland of ice that we cannot live in (think about how cold it was when that Mammoth we found was frozen in Ice perfectly preserved while eating grass). Greenland will have already lost all of its ice, and will then become like Canada.

i have seen the film, it isn't a reliable source of information though, but i does highlight some of the major concerns

canada will probably suffer in the future, but mcuh of bangladesh is already underwater, people in a more developed country will be able to cope a bit better.

the less developed countries will suffer more, even though it is the developd who haow done the polluting
potoroo99
Lord Yuhuang Shangti
potoroo99
pinkie_fizz

i have seen the film, it isn't a reliable source of information though, but i does highlight some of the major concerns

canada will probably suffer in the future, but mcuh of bangladesh is already underwater, people in a more developed country will be able to cope a bit better.

the less developed countries will suffer more, even though it is the developd who haow done the polluting
Did you not listen to what I said earlier?

When Canada is burried under ice from the Ice Age that is going to happen from Global Cooling, it won't matter what type of country it is, it's an Ice Age, Canada isn't going to be any better off than Bangladash when its covered in ice.
Lord Yuhuang Shangti
potoroo99
Lord Yuhuang Shangti
potoroo99
pinkie_fizz

Did you not listen to what I said earlier?

When Canada is burried under ice from the Ice Age that is going to happen from Global Cooling, it won't matter what type of country it is, it's an Ice Age, Canada isn't going to be any better off than Bangladash when its covered in ice.
i agree with that, i'm saying that whatever happens, the people who live in more advances societies will have more facilities and echnology to cope with the problems, it won't happen overnight
i've update the first post as i forgot to include this information

people have been also measuring how much water evapourates from a pan in 24 hours for 100s of years, if you show pan evapouration against temperature, it shows that the evapouration goes down, even though the temperature stays the same with the increase in pollution in the atmosphere, i should try and find a graph to show this. they have since proven that light is more important than heat in evapouration
(shorter wavelength of radiation = more molecule movement = more evapouration)

i will try to find a pan evapouration graph tomorrow
Posting this here as well:

Actually, global dimming isn't changing the effects of global warming. It's masking the effects, but is believed that it will lead to increases in temperature predictions as it wears off.

According to a study by Wild et al and Pinker et al, the global dimming trend has reversed since 1990, and the study was re-confirmed in 2006. This is most likely due to the fact that most developed nations have cut down on the use of aerosols, a leading cause of dimming.

The Baseline Surface Radiation Network (BSRN) has been collecting surface measurements. BSRN was started in the early 1990s and updated the archives in this time. Analysis of recent data reveals that the surface of the planet has brightened by about 4% in the past decade. The brightening trend is corroborated by other data, including satellite analyses.
Akiyoko
Posting this here as well:

Actually, global dimming isn't changing the effects of global warming. It's masking the effects, but is believed that it will lead to increases in temperature predictions as it wears off.

According to a study by Wild et al and Pinker et al, the global dimming trend has reversed since 1990, and the study was re-confirmed in 2006. This is most likely due to the fact that most developed nations have cut down on the use of aerosols, a leading cause of dimming.

The Baseline Surface Radiation Network (BSRN) has been collecting surface measurements. BSRN was started in the early 1990s and updated the archives in this time. Analysis of recent data reveals that the surface of the planet has brightened by about 4% in the past decade. The brightening trend is corroborated by other data, including satellite analyses.

I know what you mean in your first point, but it is changing the actual effects of global warming as this is what we can actually measure, and masking the full strength of global warming by doing this. but i thyink we mean the same thing in the end.

The more developed countries have cut done the visible pollution, using more advances technology, emissions filters, catalytic converters and electrostatic precipitators. But countries currently starting major industry like China and India are not as clean, and the worry is while they develop global dimming will become much more of an issue again.

(a paste of my answer from the other thread ^^)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff