no, but i don't believe in it anyway 0.04089219330855 4.1% [ 11 ]
don't care / gold 0.3271375464684 32.7% [ 88 ]
Total Votes:[ 269 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Sephroe Zion
potoroo99
Sephroe Zion
Quote:
when we run out or finally manage to stop using fossil feuls, this effect will be cancelled out and the global temperature will rise by 5-6'C,

Um, 3* C rise in the world average marks mass extinction, we're already at 1*. neutral

The claim of how global dimming seem... incomplete. Because polutaints disipate in air over time. ....I was going to explain how, but even my argument isn't consistant. Certain pieces of information just isn't adding up.
it isn't a completed theory, but there is plenty of evidence, mostly to do with evaporation rates and light intensity, the particles will dissipate, but they are in the upper atmosphere for long enough to reflect energy (particularly when they become condensation nuclei for raindrops)

i'm not saying its perfect but i would be interested to know which bit of the theory don't you think adds up?

It would be factors of high poluting areas and inconsistant polution creation through fires and other temporary means with the rate of dicipation over wide areas, how much of an area that they actually do cover, both size and dencity of toxins, vs low poluting areas and such areas like central Australia, and across oceans; all combined with wind currents and air tempreture distrabution around the world.

Because most of the world lives in the northern hemisphere, that's where most of the polutaints come from, and even more so from industrializing nations like India, China, etc. I think america alone is fairly clean, just wasteful so I'm not worrying about that right now. All combined with the fact that the world tilts for the seasons and all that jazz I would expect that there would be many variables that would throw a wrench into the idea of global dimming as global rather than regional based off of the regional environment. Because most of the world is so dirty that region is so large it encompouses the entire world.
Sephroe Zion
potoroo99
Sephroe Zion
potoroo99

I think i understand what you mean about global dimming being a regional dimming, but the regions cover so much of the world as the particles spread out in the lower stratoshpere that it is classed as a global issue, in the same way that global warming is named global, even though carbon dioxide emmision don't come from the middle of the pacific ocean, etc. Also, the main particles that affect global dimming are from aeroplane fumes, and these are very good at distributing the particles by themselves.

(talking about global warming as well)
as far as america being clean, i'm afraid the amount of flights/industry/cars (the biggest cars in the world), that america is not clean at all. americans produce 25% of the world emmisions, even though it contains only 4% of the worlds population.

most people think china/india are worse, but per person they emit less than a 1/3 that an average american/european, as so many chinese/indian people live in remote rural locations. so imagine what the world would be like when all the people in china/india become as developed,

the reason why I can understand global warming is that becaus of the CO2 and other gasses that it effects the atmosphere as a whole over a long period of time vs a puff of smoke that dicipates shortly after, on a large scale sure it'll loom around, but the cloud would dicipate and get trapped in water molicules much faster than the gasses would be absorbed by plants and converted into oxygen.

As far as the issue of america goes, I was thinking just polutaint wise, I know that we consume way more energy and such.

FYI
In writing this I had so many brain farts I think its rectum prolapsed.... I think I need to review information. sweatdrop

the global dimming thoery is seen as global because although clouds are formed and dissapated regularly, they appear all over the world and there are always clouds somewhere. clouds are seen as a global effect, and the global dimming effects happen mostly whithin clouds

in the clouds, global dimming means that there is lots of dust for the water vapour to condense onto to make water drops, if there is more particles, there will more raindrops, it will take longer for the drop to become heavey enough to fall, they will reflect more light in total.

i hope this makes sense

america wise, it is the plane flight that affect it most, you can see plane trails, this proves that they reflect light, the polution is being placed straight into the sky, america is huge, there are many domestic flights as well as international flights, but its not just america, its all doveloped countries like me in england

but things still don't seem to fall into place too well. That 'white streek' left by plains is inconsistant, for one it's limited to jets, and not all jets you see in the sky make a white streek. At least not at low altitudes.
Sephroe Zion
potoroo99

the white streak doesn't cover the whole sky, it is just one of the contributing factors, if those are contributed worldwide with global effects it counts as a global issue

I understand that, it's just that the density of planes in the air isn't the same as cars on the ground. Pollution from plants and such help, but something isn't adding up quite right. I'm sure that the automotive polution is what's getting at it a vast amount, especually here in America where we do the most driving and such. The number of Busses on the ground alone would probably worst than the planes in the air; let alone motorcycles, cars, medium/large vehical trucks, and semi trucks.

Eh, perhaps I should ask my old Wildlife Conservation teacher about it if she has time to spare, or over the internet. *shrugs* Actually I've been meaning to contact her anyways.
i have changed the title, so it might show what the topic is about more clearly
very interesting, never heard about it, thanks for telling me smile

but, it is the very burning of items with carbon that causes global warming, and if it causes global dimming as well, but at a smaller ratio (e.g. 2:1 [NOT ACCURATE]) then the tradeoff is well NOT WORTH it

I don't know, maybe if the effects of global dimming increased exponentially, outweighing global warming, then I guess it could work
but don't forget, this burning extends to other areas as well as the amount of resources being burned from the earth and how much are left
xd
Ceiryu

but, it is the very burning of items with carbon that causes global warming, and if it causes global dimming as well, but at a smaller ratio (e.g. 2:1 [NOT ACCURATE]) then the tradeoff is well NOT WORTH it

I don't know, maybe if the effects of global dimming increased exponentially, outweighing global warming, then I guess it could work
but don't forget, this burning extends to other areas as well as the amount of resources being burned from the earth and how much are left
xd
i don't really understand the second half of your post?
This will be my only post if you want to continue this M me

Global warming is more ofa hoax than anythinng else it is a waste of money and time it has beeen shown that we cannot stop these effects since they occur on the earth ever million years or so there has ALWAYS been a hole in the ozone. The earth will epair itself and it is repairning itself at twice the rate we are destroying it. Volcano eruption but more smog in the air in that one eruption than all of the world has in the last millenia my point is that Global warming is a natrual course upon which we can do nothing aobut.so there

Ps : i love donators heart
Ceiryu

xd

I don't believe Potoroo99 intends to suggest that global warming can be combated by increasing the effects of global dimming but rather raise awareness to the claim that sensitivity of our planet to green house gases are masked by the effects of global dimming and we have yet to see the full blown effects of global warming.
Oppa_Brother

Global warming is more ofa hoax than anythinng else it is a waste of money and time it has beeen shown that we cannot stop these effects since they occur on the earth ever million years or so there has ALWAYS been a hole in the ozone. The earth will epair itself and it is repairning itself at twice the rate we are destroying it. Volcano eruption but more smog in the air in that one eruption than all of the world has in the last millenia my point is that Global warming is a natrual course upon which we can do nothing aobut.so there

i don't think you have based this post on all/any of the evidence available
fabreeze
Ceiryu

xd

I don't believe Potoroo99 intends to suggest that global warming can be combated by increasing the effects of global dimming but rather raise awareness to the claim that sensitivity of our planet to green house gases are masked by the effects of global dimming and we have yet to see the full blown effects of global warming.

yes, thank you, that is my main point
some people has suggested using global dimming to combat global warming, but it has been dissmissed because it would seriously reduced photosynthesis for plant growth and would damage that food chain too much
Oppa_Brother

You are Ignorant.

Man made climate change is statistically significant.

Oil company literally pays millions of dollars to groups to mislead the public about global warming.
Ya know i have never heard of this before, thanks for letting me know. And i voted that i believed it. Thanks for sharing this, its pretty interesting. mrgreen
simpson768
Ya know i have never heard of this before, thanks for letting me know. And i voted that i believed it. Thanks for sharing this, its pretty interesting. mrgreen
i learned about it in my environmental science classes and was very suprised i hadn't heard about it on the news/ in documentries, so thought i was worth posting
fabreeze
Oppa_Brother

You are Ignorant.

Man made climate change is statistically significant.

Oil company literally pays millions of dollars to groups to mislead the public about global warming.

FACT.

]http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EXXONMOBIL_GLOBAL_WARMING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

wink
3nodding

hehe,

Just perfecting my new c/p response for those who still push for the whole "its natural" argument. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff