Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vupie

I know! With Jiminy Cricket they made him a full on human (Dr. Hopper) so I'm wondering if they will just do the same with Mickey? Very curious. I just realized though, I'm a bit disappointed in the snow monster (Marshmallow) the fight scene looked so fake, I had always enjoyed the magical part of the show, but anything with the snow monster just looked terrible in my opinion.

Yeah maybe they will make him human. Who knows.
That monster looked horrible. lol It looked like they just straight up took him from the animation but it looked worse than the one in Frozen lol.

Dapper Capitalist

Yume No Anime
Vupie

Exactly, I noticed Ana made it stop each time, but Elsa seemed to still try to push her away. I'm hoping the second episode turns out better >.< I am VERY excited about seeing Mickey's Hat though <3

I am curious about it. I seriously hope they dont make an ugly mickey if they bring him into the show.

I do not want to see mickey in this show, he's not a fairytale character and would fit in even less than Elsa and Anna.

Oh god, what if he's the author?

Dapper Capitalist

Yume No Anime
Vupie

I know! With Jiminy Cricket they made him a full on human (Dr. Hopper) so I'm wondering if they will just do the same with Mickey? Very curious. I just realized though, I'm a bit disappointed in the snow monster (Marshmallow) the fight scene looked so fake, I had always enjoyed the magical part of the show, but anything with the snow monster just looked terrible in my opinion.

That monster looked horrible. lol It looked like they just straight up took him from the animation but it looked worse than the one in Frozen lol.

That's EXACTLY what I thought! It was like they just ripped it from the movie. Same with the troll. And I seriously hope they don't have Olaf either. Sure, I loved him in the movie, but I don't need him in OUaT.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Yume No Anime
Vupie

So glad someone agrees, I was disappointed! My only other complaint/confusion is the Mirror...wasn't he in season one? I don't remember Regina locking him up after he had been used, I'm surprised he even still follows her. I was shocked to see him again honestly, she jumped around with different plans with him many times last night.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
CreativeButLazy
Yume No Anime
Vupie

That's EXACTLY what I thought! It was like they just ripped it from the movie. Same with the troll. And I seriously hope they don't have Olaf either. Sure, I loved him in the movie, but I don't need him in OUaT.

First off, omg, your last post, what if he is the author?!?! Mind blown. Secondly, I figured if they do bring Olaf in they will make him human as well, I will be disappointed if they animate him in as poorly as they did Marshmallow. I really was sad about the trolls as well, they had so much potential!!
Vupie

So glad someone agrees, I was disappointed! My only other complaint/confusion is the Mirror...wasn't he in season one? I don't remember Regina locking him up after he had been used, I'm surprised he even still follows her. I was shocked to see him again honestly, she jumped around with different plans with him many times last night.

Remember when she casted the curse. She got to decide the fate of everyone. She picked their names and what they did. Remember how she had Belle locked up. Mirror is the same.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Yume No Anime
Vupie

Remember when she casted the curse. She got to decide the fate of everyone. She picked their names and what they did. Remember how she had Belle locked up. Mirror is the same.

Mirror wasn't locked up in Season 1 though, he was helping her, wasn't he a reporter or something? He followed Emma around a lot to get information for his queen, or was that someone else? I might have to watch a few episodes to refresh. I knew she had Belle locked up, but I could have sworn he was free in town.

Dapper Capitalist

Vupie
Yume No Anime
Vupie

Mirror wasn't locked up in Season 1 though, he was helping her, wasn't he a reporter or something? He followed Emma around a lot to get information for his queen, or was that someone else? I might have to watch a few episodes to refresh. I knew she had Belle locked up, but I could have sworn he was free in town.

No he took the blame for the failed scandal to try and get Mary Margaret framed for Murder, and probably got arrested. After that the curse was broken and everyone was too sidetracked to really care about what happened to him, so I'm guessing he stayed locked up.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
CreativeButLazy
Vupie
Yume No Anime
Vupie

No he took the blame for the failed scandal to try and get Mary Margaret framed for Murder, and probably got arrested. After that the curse was broken and everyone was too sidetracked to really care about what happened to him, so I'm guessing he stayed locked up.

Got it, that is becoming clearer now, lol, I would be one of the few who wondered what happened to him xD

Fashionable Prophet

5,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
CreativeButLazy

I wasn't really following interviews about this season since I didn't want spoilers.

I wanted them to completely rewrite the story and create their own interpretation the way they did with all the other fairy tales, like how they made Snow White a bandit, Red Riding Hood a werewolf, Rumpelstiltskin the Beast in Beauty and the Beast,the Wicked Witch of the West the Evil Queen's half sister, etc. But they aren't doing this with Frozen, they're only adding onto the events that already happened in the movie and have made absolutely no changes to the characters and that just makes it feel like a fanfic of the Disney movie.and not their own story.

The thing with Frozen though is you can't really rewrite their story and there is no true villain (well you can't count Hans as a villain but he isn't magical). It's more or less set in stone. And the characters are very few compared with the fairytale ones. With the fairytale characters, you can weave their stories and make them look like different people. Plus, the Frozen characters live in Arendelle, which is possibly really far from the Enchanted Forest if Anna has to travel for a couple of weeks.

That's my take on it.

And guys, the Mirror's name is Sidney. wink

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
ava jean
CreativeButLazy

I wasn't really following interviews about this season since I didn't want spoilers.

I wanted them to completely rewrite the story and create their own interpretation the way they did with all the other fairy tales, like how they made Snow White a bandit, Red Riding Hood a werewolf, Rumpelstiltskin the Beast in Beauty and the Beast,the Wicked Witch of the West the Evil Queen's half sister, etc. But they aren't doing this with Frozen, they're only adding onto the events that already happened in the movie and have made absolutely no changes to the characters and that just makes it feel like a fanfic of the Disney movie.and not their own story.

The thing with Frozen though is you can't really rewrite their story and there is no true villain (well you can't count Hans as a villain but he isn't magical). It's more or less set in stone. And the characters are very few compared with the fairytale ones. With the fairytale characters, you can weave their stories and make them look like different people. Plus, the Frozen characters live in Arendelle, which is possibly really far from the Enchanted Forest if Anna has to travel for a couple of weeks.

That's my take on it.

I knew it started with an S xD Mirror was all I could remember since that's all she called him last episode. That's a good point of view on it, I guess to me it still feels a bit early, there are some other stories I would have loved to see first.

Dapper Capitalist

ava jean
CreativeButLazy

That's my take on it.

I completely disagree, the story is no more set in stone than any other story they've used, plus they have the original Snow Queen fairy tale that they could have pulled inspiration from as well (that was quite different from the disney movie)

And so what if they character were in Arendelle in the movie? Snow White was in holland, Beauty and the Beast was set in France, not to mention the fact that most of these stories were set in completely different time periods as well (1400's vs 1800's etc) The fact that it was one way in the movie shouldn't have stopped them from changing it in the series like they've done with every other disney movie they've used.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
One thing I think was good (though maybe a tad overkill) was the Regina/Emma scene where Regina was sitting on the floor behind a locked door and Emma knocking on it, it was the scene from Do You Wanna Build A Snowman and whilst I like Frozen and don't mind it being in the show I think they could have not put so much into the first episode/cut back a bit from the Frozen stuff for the first episode etc.

flashbacks, fine, I know we need them, but as for the rest? We could of done without Marshmallow (if he is to be used he could of been used later) and just had a snow storm/snow flurry/whatever to chase away Emma and co.

As I said, don't mind Frozen references being used but I think the Emma/Regina scene was a little too much at least.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Nafretiti
One thing I think was good (though maybe a tad overkill) was the Regina/Emma scene where Regina was sitting on the floor behind a locked door and Emma knocking on it, it was the scene from Do You Wanna Build A Snowman and whilst I like Frozen and don't mind it being in the show I think they could have not put so much into the first episode/cut back a bit from the Frozen stuff for the first episode etc.

flashbacks, fine, I know we need them, but as for the rest? We could of done without Marshmallow (if he is to be used he could of been used later) and just had a snow storm/snow flurry/whatever to chase away Emma and co.

As I said, don't mind Frozen references being used but I think the Emma/Regina scene was a little too much at least.

I agree, and I didnt even catch that scene at first, but now that I think about it, you are right, good eye! I thought the Marshmallow scene was awful, hoping they redeem themselves next episode

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
I am happy for Regina changing her plans. It shows the progress and growth of her as a person. She started out with wanting to go back to kill Marian to fix time. Yet, she couldn't essentially hurt Robin again (first time, and second time). It was her love for Robin that saved Marian.

I also love that they're going to tackle the mystery of that book and I love that she's going to make it give her a happy ending because it's messed with her life for too long.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff