Welcome to Gaia! ::

Damn My Leg's Significant Otter

Friendly Businesswoman

16,225 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Yen Quest
Non-GC users in the eyes of marketing team?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Tiny Shapeshifter

Lashuri Chan
User Image ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ User Image

Has anyone noticed there are a lot of items with no listings? It's like everyone got what they wanted and scrambled and now only the gens of that item are the only ones left because they are so high in the millions. It's weird.
May I ask what you mean by "gens" ?

Users are trying to monopolize the MP by hoarding up the supply of any/all items. By doing so, the items' supply will not meet up with the demand, which would cause an increase in said items' values. Gold gens help them by giving them the extra boost/power/gold to do so.

There is a thread in GCD where a decent chunk of users are trimming their wishlists down to just bare minimum. A lot of it has to do with inflation, lost of interest in said items, and increase awareness in quality/versatility/price/etc of said items. A definite bad sign for Gaia.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Yen Quest
Lashuri Chan

Has anyone noticed there are a lot of items with no listings? It's like everyone got what they wanted and scrambled and now only the gens of that item are the only ones left because they are so high in the millions. It's weird.

Users are trying to monopolize the MP by hoarding up the supply of any/all items. By doing so, the items' supply will not meet up with the demand, which would then increase would cause an increase in items' values. Gold gens help them by giving them the extra boost/power/gold to do so.

There is a thread in GCD where a decent chunk of users are trimming their wishlists down to just bare minimum. A lot of it has to do with inflation, lost of interest in said items, and increase awareness in quality/versatility/price/etc of said items. A definite bad sign for Gaia.

Generations.

And I can relate to that. i just cleared my wishlist.

Obsessive Streaker

16,365 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Edward 100
I'll admit that I got hooked on dice rolls for a bit and am ashamed of that fact but am sick of the management of gaia's greed. I refused to let myself slip again on any rigs or bundles or anything gc related. They are only about the money, If they at least added features and such to the community it would be not so bad but have literally seen nothing from them since this greed has started. Even the Halloween event which is normally the biggest event of the year was not even that great this year. In fact it was even gc related just like everything else now days. The current management needs to realize that they need to put some of that money back into the community if they wish to keep the customer base that is making them rich. I honestly would not care that much if I saw additions to the site that I enjoy and such. As of yet I have seen none that I enjoy or even really at all for that matter.

Fortuitous Phantom

Lashuri Chan
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan

Exactly, and when the items are relisted, they're put at 5x or higher the cost of what they were going for originally. It's bloody frustrating.

So true! But I got lucky today. I'm helping a friend with a quest and there was no listing for an item that was only 600k and lucky me when a listing did come the user listed it for 400k. So there are some (very few) nice users who won't take advantage of their item being the only listing there. It does suck everything is so high now though. It's like if you have under a 100mill you're still poor or something.
Oh That's really nice! However they're few and far between. 100mil ain't NOTHING anymore. It's absolutely frustrating.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan

Exactly, and when the items are relisted, they're put at 5x or higher the cost of what they were going for originally. It's bloody frustrating.

So true! But I got lucky today. I'm helping a friend with a quest and there was no listing for an item that was only 600k and lucky me when a listing did come the user listed it for 400k. So there are some (very few) nice users who won't take advantage of their item being the only listing there. It does suck everything is so high now though. It's like if you have under a 100mill you're still poor or something.
Oh That's really nice! However they're few and far between. 100mil ain't NOTHING anymore. It's absolutely frustrating.

So very, very true. I have seen user shops saying don't pm me for a lower price, I won't lower prices, they're like that for a reason and so on and so on. People are just so greedy so now days. That's why I don't think ti is just Gaia's fault. But I refuse to buy anything in the mp that is over a 100mill. Even if it is the average buy price, I still think the item is over priced.

Fortuitous Phantom

Insta-Matic Heart Attack
I'll admit that I got hooked on dice rolls for a bit and am ashamed of that fact but am sick of the management of gaia's greed. I refused to let myself slip again on any rigs or bundles or anything gc related. They are only about the money, If they at least added features and such to the community it would be not so bad but have literally seen nothing from them since this greed has started. Even the Halloween event which is normally the biggest event of the year was not even that great this year. In fact it was even gc related just like everything else now days. The current management needs to realize that they need to put some of that money back into the community if they wish to keep the customer base that is making them rich. I honestly would not care that much if I saw additions to the site that I enjoy and such. As of yet I have seen none that I enjoy or even really at all for that matter.
I can see this. I did buy a few as well in the beginning, so I am not guiltless. But I see where this is leading now, and its frustrating that they don't. Or that they do and don't care.

Fortuitous Phantom

Lashuri Chan
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan

So very, very true. I have seen user shops saying don't pm me for a lower price, I won't lower prices, they're like that for a reason and so on and so on. People are just so greedy so now days. That's why I don't think ti is just Gaia's fault. But I refuse to buy anything in the mp that is over a 100mill. Even if it is the average buy price, I still think the item is over priced.
I can't say I'm guiltless of this act. I myself posted in my shop "Don't PM me for a lower price" but that's because I always post at or around the average, so when I get a PM (and I get a LOT) asking for me to sell it to them for half of what it is REALLY worth (not inflation worth), it gets a bit annoying. However when you post an item for 100mil when it's worth only 40, then yeah, come the f&^% on.

Fortuitous Phantom

Yen Quest
Lashuri Chan

Users are trying to monopolize the MP by hoarding up the supply of any/all items. By doing so, the items' supply will not meet up with the demand, which would cause an increase in said items' values. Gold gens help them by giving them the extra boost/power/gold to do so.

Where's this thread?

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan

I can't say I'm guiltless of this act. I myself posted in my shop "Don't PM me for a lower price" but that's because I always post at or around the average, so when I get a PM (and I get a LOT) asking for me to sell it to them for half of what it is REALLY worth (not inflation worth), it gets a bit annoying. However when you post an item for 100mil when it's worth only 40, then yeah, come the f&^% on.

What it's really worth? As much as the prices are going up and down, is anything worth as much as people believe they are? But me I am really picky with prices. I don't buy items that are like 4,599,999. What's the point in prices like that? They annoy me to bits! I buy under the average price not over even if it is just a little bit, in that case I don't get why users would not want people asking for it lower from a few hundred thousands. But me personally I have it in my shop that if users want something for a lower price they can pm me, though I have since had to disable pms and make my profile public and comment enabled for users to contact me.

Obsessive Streaker

16,365 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Edward 100
Kyasuri
Insta-Matic Heart Attack
I can see this. I did buy a few as well in the beginning, so I am not guiltless. But I see where this is leading now, and its frustrating that they don't. Or that they do and don't care.

If I was any sort of leader like person I would totally try to rally gaians and do a remember remember the 5th of November type thing where all gaians involved sent a hand written letter to gaia headquarters on nov 5th so they would all arrive around the same time. Sadly I am not....

Devoted Pirate

Kyasuri
Please no more gold rigs, this is just ridiculous. You're ruining the market.

Items that were only worth 3mil a few days ago are now worth 100mil today. Can't you guys see what you're doing to Gaians that don't have real currency to buy items or gens with?

I give you, for example, Germany after WWI. They thought it was a good idea to just print more money to boost the depression they found themselves in. However as we learned from them, the market hyperinflated, causing prices upwards of 500% of the original prices.

Let's not end up like Germany after WWI; sound like a plan?

My dear - that is the point. The gold doesn't matter. What matters, is the money.

Gaia Marketing is INTENTIONALLY making gold worthless so Gaiaonline's only functional currency is Gaia Cash.

TL;DR - Gaia Marketing team and the new CEO are filthy pigs, just want your money, and care nothing about this site. They just want your wallet and to be a good little spender.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Lashuri Chan

I have a shop with that description for the longest time, and that's simply because I wanted to remind them that the MP isn't an Exchange/Charity feature. The price is set in stone, so I would appreciate it if people would stop complicating thing by sending me PMs to haggle/give-away/etc on my items. Anyway, I agree with people being greedy nowadays.

The fact of the matter here is, gold-gens are practically GC sinks. This increases the value of a dollar, and since most sales are GC related, it too increases the value of GC items. This gives people more of a reason to spend GC on items, since they have to rely on items (rather than gold) to accumulate account worth. But since gold-gen buying folks are so used to the value of gold-gens (149 or less per play), they won't even bat an eyelash on $5+ items because the GC asking price is too high (they're accustomed to the low pricing of gold-gens). Of course, if one focuses too much on gold, one will eventually lose interest in any/all items Gaia tries to sell in general.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Kyasuri
Where's this thread?
This thread here. Mind you, when I say "decent chunk", it doesn't necessarily mean "most/all" people. Even so, a lot of them express the feeling that they won't even bother with aiming for multiple expensive items. xD

Fortuitous Phantom

Lashuri Chan
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan
Kyasuri
Lashuri Chan

What it's really worth? As much as the prices are going up and down, is anything worth as much as people believe they are? But me I am really picky with prices. I don't buy items that are like 4,599,999. What's the point in prices like that? They annoy me to bits! I buy under the average price not over even if it is just a little bit, in that case I don't get why users would not want people asking for it lower from a few hundred thousands. But me personally I have it in my shop that if users want something for a lower price they can pm me, though I have since had to disable pms and make my profile public and comment enabled for users to contact me.
A few 100,000 is fine, I'd trade for less. But I've had people PM me asking me to give it to them for 1/10 the price. I donate, because people have donated to me to help me out. I believe Gaia runs on random acts of kindness, but if you come to me begging for an item I've earned for nothing near what it's worth, its rather annoying. But I suppose I have that view because I've always had to work hard for what I have. If you're going to ask something of me, at least try to be my friend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff