• Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
🦇 Follow me on Twitter (X) for official updates, events etc! User Image

User Image
(Banner by carnifool)

Welcome fellow Gaian Goths!
I'm Ralo btw, so feel free to call me that. emotion_yatta

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and here we are now.
So this is just gonna be a regular hangout thread. You don't need to only post about goth related things but it's for sure encouraged that you share any gothy delights with us here if you like.
Feel free to have casual conversation here and maybe we can all make some new friends!

I'd like to keep this a safe and chill space so there will be a few rules listed below. Maybe in the future I will do more here, perhaps hold activities, get some nice graphics and so on. In the meantime, lets just see where this all goes. Have fun fellow bats! <3

Subscribe to the thread if you guys like it!

User Image

- Goth Thread Art
If you would like to contribute fan art to represent our thread, feel free to submit some.
Just make sure it doesn't go against any of the thread's TOS or Gaia's.

- Collect & Share Goth Avis
Make a favorites collection of your own goth/alternative avatars and share the link! It will be posted down below in the links of interest section!

🦇🦇🦇
Add me on SpaceHey!

Eloquent Raider

11,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
User Image

To clarify, this is going to be a chill and comfy space for like minded individuals. You don't need to jump through any hoops to be here or to be goth in general. We will not be doing "this is goth and this isn't goth" here. Most of us already know how things are and are sick of hearing all the childish griping. Most of us are old and mature enough to know better by now anyways. If you simply like and enjoy the subculture, you are one of us!

You don't have to do anything other than that. That's all there is to it. It's understandable that not everyone is able to afford the clothes, or have the means to go to clubs in all that and it doesn't make us any lesser than anyone else. All that matters is we all are part of this subculture simply by having similar interests and mindsets.

This can also be a space for other alternative fashion groups too such as punk and emo as a lot of us alternatives tend to go hand in hand. We can all have different opinions, different fancies, and don't have to agree on everything but key thing is, we are respectful, understanding and accepting towards one another. Us alternative folk need to stick together after all. '_~

So lets just let this be a nice chill space for us all to hang out, share interests, shoot the s**t and so on. Tell us about your day, your dreams, whatever the hell. And feel free to bump!

Note:
I do not plan on making a Discord Server for this thread. Everything is already on Discord and I like having this thread just as it is. It's nostalgic and I like the simpler aspect to it.

Eloquent Raider

11,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
User Image

- Follow Gaia TOS.
- Be respectful.
- No goth hate/infighting.
- Keep controversial topics out of here, ie religion and politics.
- This is not a place for RP.
- No drama.
- When it comes to venting, pace yourself and do not continually unload nonstop to where it brings others down.
(We feel for you but we aren't professionals here.)
- If there's any trolls pls just ignore them. (I will block them and delete their posts asap.)
- No mules. Posts by mule accounts will be deleted and possibly blocked due to stalkers.
- For the love of ********, don't even start with the 'goth gf' memes or 'be my goth mommy' crap. It's creepy and wont be tolerated here.

User Image

12/5/23:
Thread Goal: Get over 500+ votes for new pole.

12/5/23:
Original pole reached 500+ votes.

9/29/23:
- Found Goth Blog from 2012

Eloquent Raider

11,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
User Image

(More can be added later. If you'd like to submit anything Gaia friendly feel free to lmk. Feel free to share any goth music playlists you may know of that are appropriate for Gaia such as legit music sites like Spotify or YouTube.)

>> What is Goth? <<
>> What is Subculture | What is Goth | Why Does it Matter <<
Ralo & Mouse [Experience in the Goth Subculture] What got me and my sis into goth.

🦇🦇🦇

- Goth Music -

Pandora Goth Radio
(Here's where I personally go for my goth music.)

🦇🦇🦇

- Goth Shops -

10 Best Goth Sites 2023
Goth Clothing Shops Masterpost by Kafkaesque_Meat

🦇🦇🦇

- Actual Decent Goth SubReddit -

r/AllThatIsGoth
(Music + Fashion) Submitted by Mischief And Misery

🦇🦇🦇

- Goth Avis Collection-
Ralo

🦇🦇🦇

- Goth Channel Recs -

YouTube
Cemetery Confessions - Informative / Podcasts
K. J. Rasa - Informative
Gothic Charm School - Informative
Random Goth Couple - General Goth
Of Herbs and Alters - Vlog
Rattus Rattus - DIY

Twitch
KawaiiBatFangz - Chating, Gaming
Brutal Sue - Chatting, Gaming
GothHeroRaven - Chatting, Gaming

Click here for massive Twitch streamer recs list.
(There's many goth ones but not all are.)

Click here for massive YouTube recs list.
(There's many goth ones but not all are.)

🦇🦇🦇

- Cute & Fun Stuff -

Goth Stereo Types - DeviantArt Page
Wiki Goth Collection - Wiki Page
Goth Media Characters - Goth Blog

🦇🦇🦇

Sig/Profile banners:

User Image
(By Ralodosmovo)

[url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/goth-gaian-hangout-thread/t.112920189/][img]https://i.imgur.com/G07QKMh.png[/img][/url]

User Image
(By Gallowss)

[url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/goth-gaian-hangout-thread/t.112920189/][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZtwYOXS.png[/img][/url]

User Image
(By Gallowss & Ralo)

[url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/goth-gaian-hangout-thread/t.112920189/][img]https://i.imgur.com/r2zf6nL.png[/img][/url]

More:
User Image
(By carnifool)

[url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/goth-gaian-hangout-thread/t.112920189/][img]https://i.imgur.com/mQ1rj1O.png[/img][/url]

User Image
(By carnifool)

[url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/goth-gaian-hangout-thread/t.112920189/][img]https://i.imgur.com/NQR2ZGT.png[/img][/url]

illuminati was here's Significant Otter

High-functioning Trash

I love the last one. As a member of the Big Titty Committee, those jokes get kinda old after a while.

Eloquent Raider

11,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
Skeletonization
I love the last one. As a member of the Big Titty Committee, those jokes get kinda old after a while.
Yeah some of us like em while others are bitter butts like me and get tired of the same old tired memes esp when it can get creepy and annoying after a while.

Chatty Smoker

yesss! would love to meet some fellow alt people.

the goth gf memes annoy me too, especially since it's always posted by the people who would bully me and others in high school because we dressed "goth". you say you want a goth gf but, my brother in christ, you bullied us all in high school.

illuminati was here's Significant Otter

High-functioning Trash

Ralodosmovo
Skeletonization
Yeah some of us like em while others are bitter butts like me and get tired of the same old tired memes esp when it can get creepy and annoying after a while.

It also just boxes us into a stereotype.

Alex's Senpai

Magical Girl

14,225 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Clambake 200
You called besties

Eloquent Raider

11,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
vdszbz
yesss! would love to meet some fellow alt people.

the goth gf memes annoy me too, especially since it's always posted by the people who would bully me and others in high school because we dressed "goth". you say you want a goth gf but, my brother in christ, you bullied us all in high school.
Same. I always love seeing fellow goths / alternative ppl. It makes me smile and giddy haha. If only I weren't too shy in person I'd approach them when I see them on rare occasions. Yeah those that usually say it just do because they see us as something of an "accessory". It's gross. I actually knew someone like that. >_>

Eloquent Raider

11,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
Tea Elf
You called besties
Hiya. Cute avi. Also, I've always loved ur username. 3nodding

Eloquent Raider

11,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
Skeletonization
Ralodosmovo
Skeletonization

It also just boxes us into a stereotype.
Yeah it does and it's the fetishising of us where they just see us as objects. Oh man I could go on a whole a** rant about how even just I've personally experienced stuff like that but I'd rather not rn. Just trying to chill for the moment. -o-

Lover

Finally, a place where I belong.

Desirable Phantom

11,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Noob wrangler 100
Hello everyone

Eloquent Raider

11,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100