Credits

Guild
Owner's List
Essencemates List
Uncert Gallery
Customs
Breeding
User Image

Read the front page before asking questions, please!
Follow Gaiaonline's ToS (This is a given)
Please don't steal the graphics, art, or anything from this shop!
Don't quote anything on the front page
Please don't bother anyone about when your Dream will change. We have busy lives outside of Gaia!
Please be respectable to others and don't start fights. If you MUST argue with someone, take it to IM or PMs. We don't want any negative feelings in the Sanctuary. <3
Do not edit the art, even if it's yours.
No flaming, trolling, or chatspeak. It's ridiculous, intolerable and difficult to read.
There are absolutely no refunds if your Dream(s) are revoked. You paid for them, you abandoned them, not our problem. :3

Breaking any of these rules will result in you being graylisted.
Repeat offenses will result in you being blacklisted immediately and without the slightest warning. Any Dreams that you have will be rehomed with no refunds.
User Image

Once, long ago, in an age that no one among us was even aware existed before now, there was a dimension that existed alongside what is now Gaia. Now, this other dimension was a very special place, for it was where all the Gaian’s wishes were sent. In this place there was a great spirit that would receive all the wishes and grant those that were made with true and pure intentions. At this time, movement was permitted between the dimensions to anyone who crossed with no ill will. Those who did cross were permitted to enjoy the beautiful realm of dreams and wishes, as well as socialize with the beings who watched over the wishes. All of life enjoyed this Golden Age.

Nobody quite seems to know how it happened but one day a little wish with ill intentions made its way across the barrier. When the wish reached the great spirit it was of such ill intent that it made the great spirit begin to weep. Sensing this moment of weakness from the sorter, the ill wish slipped into the spirit. It was not long before the Spirit's being became corrupted. However, it was originally of such pure intention that it began to reject this invasion and began festering. After a time, the Spirit's essence devoured itself and the great sorter was no more.With the disappearance of the spirit the barrier that kept the bad will out of the land fell. As the barrier fell, all the things that had been kept out rushed the land and destroyed it. This left nowhere for the wishes to go to be granted and Gaia fell into a dark age.

Many decades later a wandering deity heard the distress of the small world and paused in its journey to assess the problem. So disturbed by the situation was the deity that it deigned to do something. It searched the dark realm for anything that might have been left by the former Spirit. After a long search it finally found what it was looking for. The last seed of hope that was left behind when the worlds collided. The deity created a small Sanctuary in the world of chaos and there planted the seed. With a bit of nurturing, the seed soon grew into a great tree. It wasn't long before all of the lost wishes began to gather around the tree. The tree, being all that was left of the essence of the Great Sorting Spirit, welcomed the wishes into itself. However, the tree did not make the distinction between the good and the ill as the Spirit had before. So, after gathering the wishes within itself, the tree began to let them move through it until they could attach themselves to the dew at its leaves. Seeing that this was good the passing deity called upon a few of its brethren to help fortify the Sanctuary. After an uncountable amount of time all of the deities departed. But little did they know, they each left a tiny bit of their Essence behind.Being semi-sentient, the Essences crystallized a bit of power about themselves for their protection and were scattered across the Garden.

Many years passed before that fateful night when I was wandering through the woods and stumbled across an old stone archway that led to a perfectly tended garden with a large dew covered tree perfectly in the center. Curious, I stole in and walked the gem studded pathways that spiraled into the Garden, ending at the base of the tree. As I made my way along the spiral labyrinth I noticed a small glimmering bottle filled with an opalescent white substance. Feeling drawn to it, I paused to pick it up. Opening it I got a large waft of what was inside. The vapor must have caused me to fall into a dream sleep for when I awoke on the soft green of one of the lawns, I knew far more about this place than I should have. I knew the Garden needed a caretaker. I also knew that the wish tree was becoming overloaded. Bewildered, I got up and tried to make my way out of the Garden. Before I had taken three steps a faint ringing caught my attention. Turning, I saw a small glow on a low hanging leaf of the tree. There sat a small drop of dew with moonlight glinting off of it, its small bell ringing at me. With shaking steps I closed the distance between myself and the tree. I gently plucked the leaf the dew was sitting on and began to look around. My eyes caught sight of the bottle containing the glimmering white liquid that I had first opened. The Essence of Legend. The name came to me, whispered softly on the breeze. With determination I knelt and carefully lifted the open bottle.

Having chosen my essence I carefully tipped the bottle till a single drop fell and was absorbed by my dew. With wonder I watched as the dew turned a solid white color. I now stared wonderingly at my new Dream. This is how the wishes are supposed to be dealt with, I thought to myself. This has to be shared.

It wasn't long before I had started leading people to the Garden. Many left with no more than a sense of peace. Others walked out with their own Dreams to nurture. However, this happy time was not to last. Eventually people stopped coming. Even those with their own Dreams. My visits to the Garden became less and less frequent until there came a time where I was unable to visit at all.The tree grew heavy with unclaimed wishes and the Garden became so overgrown that even the most dedicated Guardians rarely were able to visit.

I have decided that it is time to take back the Garden! Are you with me?
User Image

How do I get one?
You check Essence availability. If there is an Essence available that you want, PM DreamAngelSparkle and send the amount of gold required to adopt that type of Essence! Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have. We don't bite, we promise. <3

How much do they cost?
Common Essences cost 15k, Rare Essences cost 20k, and Legendary Essences are only given out during special events. :3

Do you take pet trades?
Absolutely! Please PM DreamAngelSparkle if you would like to make an offer!

What do you mean by "rarity?"
Depending on an Essence's rarity level, there are limited amounts of each type and gender of that type. Common Essences will have two of each gender, Rare Essences will have one of each gender, while Legendary Essences will only have one of either gender.

Do you take payment plans?
Yes! Just note that your dew will not grow until you have finished paying. If you do not finish paying by the allotted time, your Dream will be re-homed. ):

Do I have to RP?
No, though it is suggested. However, these pets are journal intense.

What do you mean by "journal intense"?
In order for your pet to grow, you have to have a certain amount of journal entries documenting your interaction with your Dream.

Dew -> Child: Three journal entries total
Child -> Teen: Eighteen journal entries total
Teen -> Adult: Forty Five journal entries total
Adult -> ???: One Hundred Fifty journal entries total

What happens if I don't make journal entries?
If you do not make at least an effort in more than twelve months your Dream will be revoked. ):

How long does it take the Dreams to grow?
The growth of your Dream is based on how many entries are in your journal. But please don't write more than one entry per day until your dream reaches Teen stage. We don't want to be overloaded with growths! |P

Can they be co-owned?
Sorry, not at this time.

So, what are Dreams exactly?
Dreams are journal intensive light-anthro type pets based on a number of mythological and noble beasts.

Can I choose not to influence Dream?
No, without influence a Dream cannot manifest and will soon expire as they are delicate things.

Hey, is there a way I can "preview" what my Dream will manifest as?
Sort of! In the guild, there is an uncerts thread where you can view all of the current Dreams that have made it to child stage and beyond. The owner's list is there, too, as well as a thread that can tell you which Dream belongs to which Essence! While you can't really predict what your Dream will become, you can see what it's fellow "Essencemates" have become! <3

Is there a limit on how many I can have?
You may only keep up to three until at least one reaches an adult stage. After which you may get more if you have proved you can keep up on the journals.
However, you must keep a separate journal for each Dream that you acquire.

But so-and-so has more than three! 3<
Our regulars and those that we deem active enough are allowed more than the initial three Dreams. Maybe if you're active enough and prove that to us, you can have this perk, too. :3

Can I get a custom or a cosplay?
Absolute no on the cosplays, sorry. ): But customs are totally allowed, if you have the gold when slots open! >3

What are your plans for the future?
A Zodiac event! :3
User Image

User ImageDew
These Dreams start out as a wish that attaches itself to a ball of dew. All of the dew in the Garden is the same while it is pure and uninfluenced. These special dew drops are found clinging to the Tree of Dreams, which can be found in the middle of the Garden. The dew can only be harvested at a specific time. When the moon shines full, the dew begins to react to those wandering in the areas near the Garden. If a Gaian’s deep desire resonates with one of the Dreams, its bell will ring out with a tone that only the chosen can hear. The Gaian must then find the dew quickly and collect it with the leaf that it is resting on. Once collected the dew must then be exposed to an essence, which defines what the Dream will become when it manifests. The dew then takes on the color of the essence.

User Image

Child
When Dreams have been nurtured and cared for properly they will manifest into a child that bears slight animal resemblances of the essence that they were exposed to. These children are just like normal Gaian children in that you must educate them in the ways of life. In other words you must teach them everything from walking and talking to reading and writing. It is at this point that you will be able to start seeing their personality develop. They often tend to forget that they are humanoid and behave as the animals they resemble. If you care for them properly they will grow at a regular rate and mature like a normal child.

User ImageTeen
As they grow, Dreams reach an adolescent stage like any other living thing. When they reach this age they show more dominant signs of their essence. Like any other adolescent humanoid they develop very strong unique personalities and at times are convinced they know everything. They show personality traits unique to their essence and only occasionally portray slightly animalistic behaviors. At this stage of their lives, some start to explore their independence, the few others that seem reluctant to leave their guardian’s sides may need to be encouraged to do so. As they become more independent and mature they start to take on the behaviors of a Gaian adult.

Adult
As adults the Dreams are in full possession of their essence and have fully mature creature characteristics. They often display humanized animalistic behaviors in a subtle way. Even though they are fully mature they like to stay in the care of their Guardians who are usually more than happy to keep them around.

Deity
Nobody really knows what happens when dreams reach their fulfillment. As the Chosen Grand Guardian even I do not know for it is a closely guarded secret. However I have begun speculate . . If their Essence came from Deity, would it not also return to Deity?

Breeding
In regards to reproduction, Dreams rarely reproduce with each other. They are normally so absorbed with their Guardians that they usually need encouragement to interact with those of their own kind. On the rare occasion that two Dreams form a close enough bond to want to reproduce their Guardians must seek an audience with the Chosen Grand Guardian during which the five must hold a conference and discuss the terms of the mating. Each Dream may only reproduce twice in its lifetime, therefore it is a serious ordeal.

Growth Info
Dew to Child - 3 Journal entries total
Child to Teen - 18 Journal entries total
Teen to Adult - 45 Journal entries total
Adult to Deity - 150 Journal entries total

User Image

User Image

If there are Essences available there are dew available. All you have to do is pm DreamAngelSparkle with the following order form and start a trade. Subject both with "Essence Purchase", please! Be sure to check Essence Availability through the link in the next post! :3

Remember to keep an eye out for the rare Nightmare Dew!

~Order Form~

Name: (Dream's name)
Essence:
Gender: (whichever you would prefer of the available for that Essence)
Guardian name: (Name of the owner of the Dream)
User Image

Essences are what is used to personalize your Dream to an extent. The Essence you choose to influence your Dew with determines the animal characteristics that it takes on as it grows.

There are 3 different types of Essences to choose from:

Common: 15k

Rare: 20k

Legendary: Only acquired through special events

Every type of Essence comes in limited amounts with a certain number for gender distribution.

Common: Two of each gender (Two males/Two females)

Rare: One of each gender (One male/One female)

Legendary: One of either gender (Only one)

None available at the moment. Sorry!
User Image

Coming soon!
User Image

I found a song the other night that really reminded me of how the Garden and Dreams made me feel. It sparked an idea for making a playlist that represented the Garden. If you have any suggestions on songs to add just pm them to me. <3

1) Dreamscape (long edit) ~ 009 Sound System (DreamAngelSparkle)
2) Zero Gravity ~ Kerli (Ryghann)
3) Sky ~ DJ Manian (Ryghann)
User Image

Now OPEN ~~
User Image

User Image

~Links In~

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/sanctuary-of-dreams-v2-0/t.69714799/][img]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/DreamAngelSparkle/SoDv 2/Banners/shopbanner.jpg[/img][/url]

~Links out~
User Image
User Image
User Image
After The Fall (Dragon B/C)
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Art Shops

User Image
User Image
User Image

If you wish to affiliate, please send a pm to this mule with a link to your shop.
User Image

Lines, Familiars, Items ~ Ryghann
Color, Concept, Management, Banners ~ StrawberryRoseTea
Organization Pigeon ~ PidgeonsGoMeowX3

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items