Other 0.15714285714286 15.7% [ 55 ]
Total Votes:[ 350 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54 55 > >>

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
@Fujiko: Ohhhhh do it, do it. biggrin Me wants to see!

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Fujiko Kurokawa
I couldn't get through Marked. But I can wrote notes on my kindle while I was trying to read it. I can copy paste some snark for you guys, if you like.

DO IT.

DelicateMisery

IKR?

I was like, DUDE, YOU'RE LIKE 1/16TH CHEROKEE I DON'T EVEN GIVE A ******** WHAT.
I read the first two and found them to be simple and easy. I think that they are for an audience who wants to feel more adult, without the difficulties of complex plots and developed characters. The linear plot allows for an almost passive enjoyment for the reader, who simply has to sit back and relax for the ride.

There are lots of different types of books like this and I don't hate them for following a formula. If I was told amazing things about the book, then yes, I would probably feel disappointed in the results.
I think I would be more disappointed because I expect basic novels to not be full of terrible writing and awful characters.

Unbeatable Ladykiller

4,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Read like one of those extremely popular fan-fictions I used to read on Quizilla. A lot more decently written than other stories, but not something that should ever see the light of day.

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Fujiko Kurokawa
I think I would be more disappointed because I expect basic novels to not be full of terrible writing and awful characters.

Exactly.

If that's the case, HoS is the most disappointing series ever.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Dandy Highwaymen
Fujiko Kurokawa
I couldn't get through Marked. But I can wrote notes on my kindle while I was trying to read it. I can copy paste some snark for you guys, if you like.

DO IT.

DelicateMisery

IKR?

I was like, DUDE, YOU'RE LIKE 1/16TH CHEROKEE I DON'T EVEN GIVE A ******** WHAT.

What's up with the quoting? XD

I know! I think that's what made me stop reading it. Her bragging and carrying on about her indian race. Now, I'm not saying that being Cherokee is bad thing or anything of the sort BUT CONSTANTLY EMPHASIING IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU COOL!

The teenage-talk sounded a bit stereotyped, like teenagers actually talked like that all of the time.
So what say you guys and ghouls for the idea of having the Kids Next Door up against all of HoN(except for Nyx, since this isn't Persona 3?)

That said, i didn't come up with the idea of the thread, i am pretty sure someone else did it, but i cannot quite recall who came up with the idea first, either.

Whoever suggested it, speak now or forever hold your pieces of gold.
So where to begin on a discussion with determining whether or not anyone in HoN can be salvaged?
pakki
Read like one of those extremely popular fan-fictions I used to read on Quizilla. A lot more decently written than other stories, but not something that should ever see the light of day.

I take it as Quizzilla removed them all, right?

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
DelicateMisery
Dandy Highwaymen
Fujiko Kurokawa

DO IT.

DelicateMisery

IKR?

What's up with the quoting? XD

I know! I think that's what made me stop reading it. Her bragging and carrying on about her indian race. Now, I'm not saying that being Cherokee is bad thing or anything of the sort BUT CONSTANTLY EMPHASIING IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU COOL!

The teenage-talk sounded a bit stereotyped, like teenagers actually talked like that all of the time.

IT WAS SO CHEESY OH MY GOD. I WAS LIKE, DAMN IT, WHAT DO I CARE? b***h, IS THIS RELEVANT IN ANY WAY?

/caps

Another thing that made no ******** sense is how the Change is both MAGIKUL and genetic. Especially when Zoey was the first in her family to become a vampyre...?

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
@Dandy: Wasn't there a part in the book where she was dreaming that her grandmother was trying to explain to her about the transformation? confused

My memory is a bit fuzzy since it's been awhile that I've read it. :/

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
DelicateMisery
@Dandy: Wasn't there a part in the book where she was dreaming that her grandmother was trying to explain to her about the transformation? confused

Yes. I think that's when they said "OH THE REDBIRDS BE HAVING A STRONG RELATIONSHIP WITH DA MAGIKS." or something. IDK. It didn't strike me as being too relevant or having any importance, besides it being the part when Nyx chose her to be super special for no reason.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Dandy Highwaymen
DelicateMisery

Yes. I think that's when they said "OH THE REDBIRDS BE HAVING A STRONG RELATIONSHIP WITH DA MAGIKS." or something. IDK. It didn't strike me as being too relevant or having any importance, besides it being the part when Nyx chose her to be super special for no reason.

Nyx chose wrong. Horribly wrong but the series is all about Little Miss Redbird and there's nothing we can do about it. *shakes head*

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
DelicateMisery
Dandy Highwaymen
DelicateMisery

Nyx chose wrong. Horribly wrong but the series is all about Little Miss Redbird and there's nothing we can do about it. *shakes head*

Zoey is just a self insert for the Casts, after all.
Or at least that's how it seems to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces