Rules
Profile Skeletons
Accepted profiles
Whitelist
Blacklist
Updates
Reserved
Reserved

The Okinash, the coming of age ceremony in Is’Kel, takes place once a year. It is when all the children born between 15 and 17 years before are given a task. This task will lead them either to their soul mate, or their death, for these tasks are dangerous, and not all will survive. The Okinash can be taken only three times, and those who survive, but do not find their mate, which can be either male or female, as Is’Kel accepts same sex marriages, are able to perform the task the next year, but they only have 3 shots at it. Once they’ve had the three tries, they are no longer able to perform the tasks, and must continue without a soul mate. Those who do not succeed, but do not die, are banished and must leave town.

Those who were banished built their own small village of outsiders, comprised of only those who did not succeed and the offspring of those people. The outsiders, due to a multitude of attacks from the villagers of Is’Kel, formed a small guard of people willing to prevent further attacks.

It is time for the annual Okinash, the first day of growth, and all of the children, between 15 and 17 years, are to assemble in the town square where the oracle will give the task. It is, of course, the children’s responsibility to find out what the Oracle’s riddle means, for the task is almost never given in a straightforward fashion.

Will you go on your Okinash journey? Or have you yet to go? Perhaps you have failed in the past, or succeeded. Will those of you taking on the task survive? Or will you perish, at the hands of your fellows, or the obstacles in your way? It is time.
~Rules~

Table of Contents
Plot
Rules

Profile Skeletons
Accepted profiles
Whitelist
Blacklist
Updates
Reserved
Reserved

1. no godmoding! This includes auto hitting.
2. violence is fine, just don’t go overboard with it.
3. no killing others characters, unless it’s cleared with both me and the person playing that character
4. Romance is encouraged! Just don’t go over PG-13, anymore, take it to the PMs.
5. Please respect your fellow Rpers. Read all the posts, and don’t ignore anyone.
6. You can kill your own character, but they cannot come back to life. You are, of course welcome to make more than one character, but if you’re making one in the middle of the RP, take into account that all of the travelers will have already left, so they should start out already on the Okinash task.
7. PM all profiles to me with the title “Muf is Fum backwards”
8. Put “Egg” somewhere in your profile
9. These rules are subject to change
10. Cursing is okay, just don’t take it to far. I don’t want ‘********’ to be every other word
11. THIS IS A LITERATE ROLEPLAY! You don’t have to have a ten paragraph post, in fact, I’d prefer you didn’t, but I don’t want to see one liners. Of course, I understand writer’s block, but I don’t want to see it all the time.
12. Please PM all complaints to me
13. Blizz rules, she’s the original creator of the Okinash, I just varied it a bit to be a better RP. Respect her, she’s my awesome co-owner, so be nice to her and anything she says, goes. Same for my other mod, Dust Bunny of Doom.
14. Whatever I say, goes
15. please use some form of (()) or {} or something like that to show that you are speaking in OOC and do not use ** for actions. RP in third person
16. no chatspeak, please. Or 1337 or pig Latin, since I’m crap at it.
17. changed my mind, title your PM “I’m a leaf on the Wind” if you understand what this means, you get bonus points.
18. Stealing this idea will get you automatically kicked off, since it belongs to Blizz, and her alone.
19. follow profile skeleton
20. This is longterm, if you don’t post for a week without telling anyone why, you will get a warning, two weeks, you get another, three weeks you get taken off. Of course, if you come back with a legitimate reason for why you were unable to post, we will put your profile back up, but do not expect us to keep the PM. You will have to send it to us again, so any loss of profiles due to this, is not our fault.

note: This Roleplay has no magic in it. No spells, no weird tricks. No one’s psychic, period. If you have a special case, please PM me and we’ll discuss it.
~Profile Skeletons~

Table of Contents
Plot
Rules
Profile Skeletons

Accepted profiles
Whitelist
Blacklist
Updates
Reserved
Reserved

Username: (put your username here… duh)
Name: (first and last, please. Middle is optional)
Age: (all people on the Okinash MUST be between 15 and 17, those who have yet to go, or have already failed do not have to be.)
Sexuality: (hetero, bi, homo)
Appearance: (pics must be links. Please take into account that this is set in a more mideival time, not modern and not Japanese. Pics cannot be of real people. They must be drawings (i.e. anime pics) I don’t want to see a lot of kimonoish pics, though. If you use an anime pic, please, make sure it’s not of a well known anime character (i.e. I don’t want to see any pictures of sasuke, or anything.)
Weapon: (please be creative. No modern weapons, which means… NO GUNS!)
Personality: (How your character acts. Paragraph form would be appreciated)
Bio: (Your character’s past, family etc. not the same as personality, most of you know this, though, I’ve just seen it to many times where people have put their personality in both personality and bio)
Love interest/crush: (who they like. I’d also like a little description of why they like them and/or their current relationship with that person.)
Other: (anything I may have forgotten.)
RP sample: (I want a sample of your RPing skills here. If you’re playing more than one character, you only have to do this once.)

~Accepted Profiles~

Table of Contents
Plot
Rules
Profile Skeletons
Accepted profiles

Whitelist
Blacklist
Updates
Reserved
Reserved

Username: Prof. Posiee Woe
Name: Mintchia Brassier
Sexuality: hetero (or at least, that's what she thinks...)
Appearance: Mintchia
Weapon: knives
Personality: Mintchia’s sadistic and annoying. She’s the girl who everyone hates, but wants to be. She’s just too popular for her own good, and has taken advantage of it. Her overwhelming popularity has gone to her head and she has come to be ridiculously self-centered. Mintchia is determined to complete the Okinash her first year, and is willing to do anything, even things unthinkable, in order to realize her goal.
Bio: Mintchia’s an only child who grew up with her father, for her mother died a few years after her birth. She never got the unconditional love she should have, so she began acting up around her ‘friends.’ Soon she was resorting to ridiculous measures to gain popularity, and she did, but she has no real friends, they’re all simply admirers or people she deems cool enough to be seen with.
Love interest/crush: anyone who’ll have her that’s handsome, or not.

Username: Dust Bunny Of Doom
Name: Roel Sonagi
Sexuality: hetero
Appearance: Roel
Weapon: Claws (the kind that are attached to gloves)
Personality: Roel really just doesn't care what goes on around him. The whole reason that he is participating in the Okinash is because his father forced him to. His 'I don't care' attitude can come off as coldness whenever it's too much trouble for him to answer you when you ask him something, however.
Bio: Although many think that he had a normal life, they forget the fact that his mother died from blood-loss when he was seven. It is unknown how she died, but Roel had heard his father beating his mother several times late at night, causing his attitude. Now his father is forcing him to go to the Okinash, most likely so he can have grandchildren to abuse. It is unknown weather Roel's parents were soul mates or not.
Love interest/crush: none (he doesn't notice anyone, anyway)
Other: his necklace is his only reminder of his mother, as she gave it to him.

Username: Give_it_up
Name: Lucinda Skidmore
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance: Light One
Weapon: A small daggar that has LS carved onto the bottom. It originally wasn't for her, but a lucky coincidence led it so that the LS so happened to be the initials of her name.
Personality: The only thing that would best describe this little girl would be that she is shy. It isn't a pathetic sort of shy, but a quiet shy until she is spoken to kindly. Once you get to know her, however, you notice she acts in a very scholarly sort of way. She has an attitude of a grown woman, and a firm persona...after introductions. It's a mixture of childish shyness, and womanly strength that is hard to describe. What strikes most people strange, however, is that she tends to be a little distant and daydreamy. It's not very evident, but it's enough to show that she is autistic to a slight degree.
Bio: She was born into a family whom would ignore her. It never bothered her, however, as she always had her grandmother and brother. At one point, she confronted her parents while Tristan was gone, and complained of their bothersome ways. For the first time, they acted like real parents, just for her.
It made her feel slightly bad that Tristan never got that sort of attention, and that she relied on him so much, that she made a vow. It was that she would grow up into a normal woman, and move on with her life. She knew departing with her brother was sad, but she must do it for both their sake.
Love interest/crush: None

Username: blizzerd_7 -currently being puppeted by Dust Bunny of Doom
Name: Nell Shydra
Appearance: Nell
Weapon: Scythe
Personality: Nell is a strange girl. She seems like a very shy and quiet girl, which she is. But she’s also very blunt, she never sugar coats things.
Bio: Her mother was one of the many people that failed her okinash 3 times. Nell’s dad got her mom pregnant, and left. He mom really hopes she won’t have to live like she did. Nell is kind of nervous about the okinash, but she thinks she’ll be fine.
Love interest/crush: no one yet

Username: DragosV2
Name: Cassandra Arin Coldra (Xavier's second cousin)
Age: 16 (skipped it last year while training with Xavier, which i when he she met him for the first time)
Sexuality: unsure of herself.
Appearance: Cassandra Arin Coldra
Weapon: A few less powerful explosives, mostly smoke-screens, that she pilfered off of Xavier, and long and thin, though sturdy, chains with sharpened barbs on the end links.
Personality: She's chipper and animated, if a bit air-headed at times. She's one of those people that makes up words for things that already have words for them. Yea, you know the ones.
Bio: She's tomboyish, this of course originating from being the only girl on the family other than her mother. Her 3 brothers have all passed the Oakinash their first time through, and so there's a lot of pressure on her shoulders.
Love interest/crush: none yet officially, though she does kinda like Xavier (hey, their second cousins, it's not legally incest

Name: Talonee Pyre
Sexuality: bi/curious
Appearance: Talonee
Weapon: two swords
Personality: Talonee’s shy and doesn’t open up to many people. She doesn’t really have any friends, so spends most of her time on schoolwork or art. She also became a pretty good sword fighter during her free hours. She really only speaks when being called on in class, where she can express her multitude of knowledge, for she studies very hard, with little else to do. Talonee has a strong fear of heights and gets dizzy easily, due to low blood pressure.
Bio: Talonee grew up in a large family and she, being the only girl and youngest child, has a lot to live up to. All of her siblings completed their tasks and are happily married, and her family expects the same from her, although she’s not entirely sure that she’s ready.
Love interest/crush: none

Username: dark~seductress
Name: Talina-Amber Grove
Sexuality: undecided (hoping the quest well help)
Appearance: Tally
Weapon: whip and daggers
Personality: trusting and loyal to a fault, is always laughing and smiling, not at all shy though she does rarley talk to those she doesnt know, she becomes protective of people rather easily.
Bio: grew up to a single mother, her father died of a sudden heart attack, leaving the girls on their own. her mother was distruaght after the death leaving talina to look after her. but during her little years her father had taught talina how to fight and fight well, while her mother taught her the more gentler side of things. Talina's mother is happy to let her go out, she had missed the year before because her mother got sick. leaving now with her task strongly ahead of her talina takes the freedom in stride
Love interest/crush: unsure of who she likes but is willing to test everything out
Other: enjoys singing alot, always was told she had the voice of gold.

Username: blizzerd_7
Name: Noer Chirak
Appearance: Noer
Weapon: throwing daggers kept in one of her many books
Personality: She has a hard outer shell that makes her seem shy, distant, and boring. But if you break through that outer shell she’s…quirky I guess is the right word. Shes fun and smart. She loves books and random things too. She sometimes goes off on random conversations about random things, wow…that’s a lot of randoms. She wears normal clothes, trying to keep the attention away from her. She is a total mess when it comes to guys. Shes also somewhat of a bookworm, shes always seen with a book in her hand, even if she isn’t reading it. She’s a klutz, always tripping over things and bumping into people.
Bio: An ordinary girl through and through. Her parents own a bookstore, which explains her love of books.
Love interest/crush: doesn’t really have a crush on anyone yet

Name: Tael Ric
Appearance: Tael
Weapon: fists, knives
Personality: Tael is quite the joker. He’s always got a smile on his face, even at the gravest of times, and he’s an expert at practical jokes and womanizing, but inside, he’s got a kind heart and wants to do good, as well as having an impressive appetite.
Bio: Tael’s parents both died when he was small, leaving him and his older sister for the orphanage. His sister died three years ago, the same year one of them went insane and began killing the other participants, although is was said that his sister died of hypothermia. Now he faces his last year of the Okinash, without any family, although he has the three best friends one could hope for, Dray, Roel, and Kisera
Love interest/crush: Tael has liked Kisera since his first Okinash, when he met her, but, due to his compulsive flirting, never told her, thinking she’d take it the wrong way.

Name: Dray Tirr
Appearance: Dray
Weapon: fists, dagger
Personality: Dray’s a kind hearted, nature loving, gardener, at heart, anyway. He loves to watch things grow, especially plants, and has a nurturing disposition, making him very good at growing things. He also loves life and people, in general, this caused him to act as a bond between his friends, Tael and Roel, who used to hate eachother.
Bio: Dray’s the oldest son of 8 children, and this is his last year to complete the Okinash, but he doesn’t really care if he does or not, he just wants it to be over so he can get back to his gardening. He met his best friends, Tael and Kisera, two years ago, on his first Okinash, and he introduced them to Roel, who had been his best friend before Roel’s mother died, creating a strong bond between them.
Love interest/crush: none

Name: Kisera Lohn
Sexuality: Hetero
Appearance: Kisera
Weapon: sword
Personality: Kisera’s a kind and gentile girl. She’s responsible and respectful, making her a great role model for the younger travelers. She doesn’t expect anything from herself or others, allowing her to love a lot easier than some. Well... okay, most of the time, except that gentle part... not so much when it comes to Tael, Dray and Roel. She's more of the mother hen around them, trying to get them to do the right thing and be honest with eachother, while she cannot bring herself to admit her feelings, not to anyone, not even herself.
Bio: Kisera is the oldest daughter among four and has done the Okinash twice now, failing to complete the task both times. This is her last try, but she does not expect to succeed. Her family continues to convince her that she shall prevail, but she does not believe them, thus not believing in herself. Despite all of her friends being male, she doesn’t see any of them in a different light than anyone else, with the possible exception of Tael, who she thinks is to flirtatious for his own good, and wishes he’d get a steady girlfriend.
Love interest/crush: none, to her knowledge... hee hee

Name: Tristan Skidmore
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: The Sad One
Weapon: Poison is his favorite weapon. Since his grandmother owned an apothecary, it was easy for him to retrieve this weapon.
Personality: He is extremely kind, with a completely gentle soul. If anything, the best word to describe Tristan would be fatherly. He treats everybody with the respect they deserve, and is very gentle to those he cares about. Being forced to grow up fast, he is extremely mature for his age. His name also hints the feelings he has inside, for Tristan means "Sad," or "Sad One."
Bio: His parents had taken this challenge and found eachother. They loved eachother so much, that they sometimes forgot to love their children. Tristan's father worked all day, only to come home to entertain his mother. And his mother usually spent her day cleaning or working herself, leaving Tristan alone with his grandmother. When his sister was born, he was at first jealous, feeling he lost his grandmother. When she passed away, however, when he was seven, he had to take the job as caretaker, and soon became very fond of little Lucinda. Now, however, he had to act as a father and mother role, forcing himself to become very mature. He also noticed his sister's 'disability' and was extremely protective and worried.
When he was fifteen, Tristan headed on to find his soul mate. He was anxious to find one, in order to get back to his sister. Anybody who seemed decent, he annoyed with his rants of worry, and constant attention to the letters that belonged to his sister. They felt they themselved could do better. It happened again on his second go.
It is now his final trip, and he and his sister are going together. He is relieved, yet feels as though he will fail in order to help his sister.

Username: DragosV2
Name: Xavier Vailorn Coldra (most people call him Val)
Sexuality: hetero.
Appearance:Xavier
Weapon: two tonfa, a whip, and a bag full of explosives he's mixed and perfected himself (and he has the burns to prove it.
Personality: he's charming and witty, though given to sarcasm and snide biting comments when annoyed.
Bio: Failed at 15, but skipped the challenge in order to continue the intense training he was undergoing at that time.
Love interest/crush: None yet

~Outsiders/Others~

Username: Dust Bunny of Doom
Name: Chitara Sariel
Sexuality: bi
Appearance: Chitara
Weapon: sword staff (for reference, it looks like this: [X])
Personality: Chitara is extremely upbeat, enough so to not burst into tears when she failed the Okinash three times. If energy was given off in the form of light, she would probably make everyone go blind, even if you had your eyes closed.
Bio: Raised by her older siblings, Chitara never really knew what sadness was. Because of this, she developed her 'everything is going to be okay' attitude. When she approached the Okinash with that attitude, she gained a few friends, but no boy seemed to stand out. Confused, she didn't pass that year's Okinash. Twice more this happened, and it wasn't until she had failed her third year that maybe she was looking at the wrong gender. Her older sister offered to house her, but Chitara declined, not wanting to make her sister hated by the villagers, so instead sought out her eldest brother who had also failed his Okinash.
Love interest/crush: none, but she enjoys matchmaking other people.
Other: none

Name: Aomiya Feryn
Sexuality: Hetero
Appearance: Aomiya
Weapon: Umbrella blade
Personality: Miya can be both reserved, or as hyper as a squirrel who's found a nut. It really depends on who she's talking to, and what time of day it is. In the morning, she can be found outside, tending a small garden, or dancing in a nearby stream, during the day, if it's sunny, she can be cheerful, and even sarcastic, but on gloomy, dreary days, she mostly keeps to herself, unless it's raining. She loves the rain, it's smell, the heavy drops that soak her right through, for it means that even the sky cries sometimes, and gives her the courage to keep going, even though she has no hope in the world. She's rarely ever angry at anyone, though, for she doesn't pick fights, and doesn't accept invitations to argue. She does, of course, get hurt by others words, but she doesn't blame those who speak them, for sometimes things just come out, even if they don't mean it.
Bio: Miya did the Okinash three times, and failed all three. She left Is’Kel to live in the forest with the others who failed. She has led a fairly happy life with the others who failed, but she knows she will never find real happiness, for she failed to find her soul mate during the Okinash. She joined the guard service and became a spy in it, to keep the outsiders updated on Is’Kel and it’s doings. She met her friends Estyn and Chitara in the guard. It has been two years since her last Okinash, and she does not expect to ever return to Is’Kel, but what she and the others do not know, is that this years Okinash will take the teens to the forest, and many will come knocking on their door for help.
Love interest/crush: Miya has a little crush on Estyn, although she doesn’t really realize it. She tends to act a little different around him and Chitara tends to tease her about it.

Username: Dust Bunny of Doom
Name: Estyn Makiah
Appearance: Estyn
Weapon: Scythe... like in the pic
Personality: Kind and caring, Estyn is probably one of the nicest people that you might meet. Although he is kind, he gets very nervous around people, unless you know him well.
Bio: Estyn is so people shy that he ran away from Is’Kel when it was time for the Okinash. None of his family accepts him now after he tried to come back once, so he stays in the forest. Both his mother and his father had a lot of pride in Estyn before he ran away, as he seemed to succeed in most of the things he tried. They now hang onto the Estyn before he left Is'Kel, and refuse to see who he is now as their son. Estyn on the other hand, doesn't really mind, saying that they pushed him too hard whenever anyone asks. After joining the outsiders, he became a part of the guard, where he met Miya and Chitara.
Love interest/crush: Miya, although he won’t admit it to her, and has even requested help in how to get her attention from fellow outsiders.

Username: Dust Bunny Of Doom.
Name: Tias Sondoska
Appearance: Tias
Weapon: One Sword
Personality: Tias is the person that you always want to go to if you have a mortal wound, and he'll help you with care... NOT! Tias is most likely the coldest person you would ever meet. If you did come to him with a mortal wound, he would either stab you continuously for disturbing him or attempt to burn your face off with a nearby source of fire.
Bio: When Tias participated in the Okinash, he failed the first two times, then finally found his soul mate. On the way back, however, his soul mate fell into a cold river, and although he managed to get her out, she could never warm up, as there wasn't a fire nearby. When his soul mate froze to death, Tias went insane and somehow got the idea that it was the other participants’, in the Okinash, fault for not helping her. As he retreated into the forest, he took it upon himself to avenge his loved one, and kill anyone else participating in the Okinash.
Love interest/crush: none, since his soul mate died.
Other: ever since his soul mate died from freezing, he's become a pyromaniac.

Name: Dynan Sariel
Sexuality: Never found out
Appearance: Dynan
Weapon: Long Bow
Personality: Dynan is usually seen with a kind smile on his face. He’s not overly cheerful, or angsty, and strikes a happy balance in the middle by being calm and kind to everyone. On the off chance that he is angered, he can turn rather nasty, and you’d better hope your not on the receiving end of his wrath.
Bio: Dynan raised his younger siblings on his own until his last Okinash, when he was forced to leave the village. He never really cared much for romance, and so never bothered to search for a soul mate, not to say he was without admirers, for he was rather handsome. He left to find the outsider village and became their village doctor, taking anyone and everyone who was in need of assistance, not only in their health. He also joined the village guard part time, so he only serves when he’s really needed, as he spends most of his time treating injuries and sick people. His youngest sister joined him in the outsider village just this year, and they now live together.
Love interest/crush: none, he tries not to think about love, most of the time, although, with each day since he failed his okinash, it's becoming harder for him not to think about what he's missing.

Name: Amergin Worsche
Sexuality: Bisexual, leaning on Homosexual
Appearance: A Poet
Weapon: None
Personality: He is a flambouyant character, but not to an extreme. He is quiet, and doesn't speak unless spoken to. There is a sort sweet glow about him, but most people tend to stay away because he appears very sad.
Bio: Amergin, sometimes affectionately called Gin, is a man who had no exciting life. He grew up rather well, with parents who loved him. What seemed to make his life turn for the worse, however, was the trip for finding his true love. Stories speak of how he almost found that special someone, until he passed away. He seemed to linger on it for a long time, and couldn't find another fast enough.
He now spends his time sitting around taverns, and writing. Since he had a passion for not only writing, but for flowers, however, he sometimes makes flower arrangements for the fellow people of the town. He is a very peace-loving man, so he is never seen with a weapon, but only flowers.

Username: blizzerd_7
Name: Valam An'gar
Appearance: Valam
Weapon: Valdris
Personality: When Valam did his second okinash he was open to people and he was friendly. However, after that, most of his openness went away and he became introverted, even though he still had some of his previous personality locked up inside him.
Bio: Valam was very shy when he had his first okinash, so he didn’t really open up to anyone. When he took his second okinash it went a lot better, he opened up to many people and made tons of friends. While he was doing his okinash he fell in love with a beautiful girl, but she rejected him. Valam’s heart broke into a thousand pieces. He didn’t even try on the third okinash and thus became an outsider. Valam is usually seen wandering around aimlessly or sitting by the fountain.
Love interest/crush: no one

Name: Zatheb "Zath" Droon
Appearance: Zath
Weapon: Throwing knives, and a sword
Personality: Having an almost perfect life up until everyone left to become bandits, Zath likes to stop and smell the roses. Granted, he would also love to pick one and hand it to Yvery elegantly and have her swoon, but he's not one to do that kind of thing.
Bio: Being the twin brother of the biggest goody two shoes in the whole village, Zath avoided her and her friend Yvery like the plague early on. Recently he's been around them more often, if only as an excuse to be around Yvery. When everyone left, Zath followed them to both protect his sister and the one that he loves. Like his sister, he doesn't share much with his older brother but unlike her, doesn't mind if he starts a fight with him. In Zath's opinion, it's Rhack's fault that every one's life is disrupted, and he doesn't hold much respect for him.
Love interest/crush: Yvery
Other:

Name: Rhynn (r-ee-in) Droon
Appearance: Rhynn
Weapon: A small knife for self defence.
Personality: Rhynn is one of the most caring people you could ever hear of. She's always seen with a smile on her face, and is willing to lend a hand to people in need as long as it doesn't involve fighting.
Bio: Raised in a small village, Rhynn adopted the idea of caring for one another in order to survive. Although they now have complete different personalities, Rhynn and Yvery were once close friends, and Rhynn strongly believes that the old her is still in her cold, blood loving current self. As the only daughter in the family, the crafts of herbs was passed onto her, and she protects it with all she has. Because of the nine year difference, neither she nor her twin brother seem to get along with their older brother, Rhack, although Rhynn tries her hardest to make sure that there are as little disagreements in the family, both brothers and her in-laws. Now that she's a part of the bandits, she is the mother of the whole group. She makes the food, mends the clothes, and makes sure that everyone is okay. Although most would consider this a tedious job, Rhynn enjoys it, and hopes to be a real mother some day.
Love interest/crush: A boy she saw two years ago during the Okinash, but she never learned his name.
Other:

Name: Rhakunvar "Rhack" Droon
Appearance: Rhack
Weapon: Zanbattõ
Personality: Cold and indifferent, Rhack only show es emotion when he's around Ylindi. However, even that is not much, and most people can't figure out why in the world Ylindi and Rhack are married.
Bio: The oldest of the Droon kids, Rhack shares almost nothing in common with his younger siblings. Even when they were little, he didn't spend any time around them, only trying to break any challenge that lay ahead of him. He met the only person he's ever loved, Ylindi, through their little sister's friendships. Although most people would know why they proposed to someone, Rhack can't come up with any reasons, it just felt like the right thing to do at the moment. He started practicing the art of swordplay when he was around twelve, and although he would never tell anyone this, he learned it to protect his family. Now that he's abandit with his close family and in-laws, he's vowed to protect them, and not let them be hurt anymore. However, he won't tell this to anyone, not even Ylindi.
Love interest/crush: Ylindi

Name: Ylindi Rayqua Droon
Appearance: Ylindi
Weapon: she has many concealed knives about her person, but would rather not use them.
Personality: Ylindi is, well, sexy. Everything from the way she eats, to the way she laces her boots. Everything about her is appealing in every way possible, and she very difficult to resist. She’s evil to the core, but she doesn’t show it. Instead, she uses her sex appeal to go about her work, which is for her own small group of bandits. Her amazing ability to make anyone do what she wants earned her the title of leader, although she is self proclaimed. The only person she ever loved is her husband, although they have their difficulties as well. Having been a young, teenage bride or only 15, she now somewhat regrets this course of action, although it’s too late now. She has completely mixed feelings about her relationship with Rhackunvar, but it’s not like she can back out now.
Bio: Ylindi had grown up in a small village a few hundred miles from Is’kel. Her parents were never the particularly functional type. Their marriage was a little on edge all the time, but that didn’t stop them from wanting to raise their daughters right. Ylindi was five when Yvery was born, making them fairly distant. Yvery wanted to be Ylindi’s friend, but with five years between them, it made that difficult. Only when they both reached their teens did they become like real siblings. Coincidentally, that was also when their parents, after a long and brutal fight, killed one another. Soon after Ylindi married Rhackunvar. She wanted to show that marriage could work, although she failed at that as well. Now she and her husband, along with their remaining family, have formed their own bandit group. They make the trip to Is’Kel once a year, during the Okinash, for many of the towns youngsters are sent with valuables for good luck, and they couldn’t simply miss out on this opportunity.
Love interest/crush: Rhackunvar (husband)
Other:

Name: Yvery (pronounced: Avery) Rayqua
Appearance: Yvery
Weapon: bow
Personality: Yvery’s a carbon copy of her older sister. She wants to be just like her, and is actually succeeding. Granted, she’s not quite as sexy, but still, she’s getting pretty close. Yvery’s cruel and malevolent, except toward her sister, and she can occasionally be pleasant to others, but for the most part she keeps her mouth shut. However, she loves to kill, so always volunteers to do the hunting and any job that involves bloodshed. She wasn’t always so mean. As a child, she was the polar opposite of Ylindi, although she did strive to be like her sister, even then. She was friendly and social, but that all changed when her parents died. She chose to follow another path in life, and abandoned her friends. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, her best friend chose to follow her, despite her irresponsible choice, and dragged her twin and older brothers along, after all, their older siblings were married, and families should stick together, or should they?
Bio: Yvery’s childhood was filled with arguments and screaming. She never knew a quiet house, or a peaceful one. She tried to have a normal childhood, but her parents’ deaths had been a product of her actions. Unable to forgive herself, she let go of her only chance for a normal life and chased after her sister and new brother in law on the bath of becoming a bandit.
Love interest/crush: She has no interest in love, after all, all the relationships she’s seen have been bad examples to her, and she is afraid of adding to the number of dysfunctional marriages.
Other:
~Whitelist~

Table of Contents
Plot
Rules
Profile Skeletons
Accepted profiles
Whitelist

Blacklist
Updates
Reserved
Reserved

Blizzerd_7 (was Blizzerd_13)~ for letting me use her idea (mod) - Blizz is currently... not RPing with us. But, I'm hoping she changes her mind and such... so, I'm keeping her up here, for now.
Dust Bunny of Doom~ for being awesome and helpful (mod)

~Blacklist~

Table of Contents
Plot
Rules
Profile Skeletons
Accepted profiles
Whitelist
Blacklist

Updates
Reserved
Reserved

none

~Updates~

Table of Contents
Plot
Rules
Profile Skeletons
Accepted profiles
Whitelist
Blacklist
Updates

Reserved
Reserved

06/26/07 ~ OPEN!!!
~Reserved~

Table of Contents
Plot
Rules
Profile Skeletons
Accepted profiles
Whitelist
Blacklist
Updates
Banners!

Reserved

We have a banner now!

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/the-okinash-need-boys-and-girls/t.28864577/][img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Posiee_Woe/okibanner.jpg?t=1195425025[/img][/url]

~Reserved~

Table of Contents
Plot
Rules
Profile Skeletons
Accepted profiles
Whitelist
Blacklist
Updates
Reserved
Reserved

{{WE'RE OPEN!!!!!!!!!}}
User Image
Dray sat on a branch, tossing a green apple in the air absently. HIs entire focus was on the platform set up in the center of the square, just like it had been for the past two years. About 30 other teenagers stood below him, most of which were staring fixedly at the same point as Dray. They were waiting, waiting for the oracle's task.

He hoped it would be easier than the last year's, which had been an incomprehensible riddle, which said, in a roundabout way, that being passionate about something brings people together. Basically, there wasn't anyone else who enjoyed gardening, or no one else who would admit to it, anyway.

User ImageKisera Lohn itched her knee fervently. It wasn't the task to come that bothered her, so much, but her friend's odd habit. "Would you cut it out, Dray?" She referred, of course, to his tossing of his apple. It was a strange quirk that he'd picked up recently. He tended to carry some form of food in his pocket that he could get out at times like these and toss. It wouldn't have bothered her so much, if he weren't right above her. If he was at all distracted from his throwing, which he obviously was, it was more than likely that the apple would end up with a large bruise, but not as big as the one that would form on her head.

Looking away from Dray, and toward the platform, she sighed. Still, no sign of the speaker. He was surely taking his sweet time, and the Oracle must have been having trouble coming up with another task. After years and years of creating unique ones for each age group, it was bound to run out, eventually. Maybe it's finally happened this year, she thought, only half wanting it to be true.

She enjoyed the Okinash well enough, it was a time to bond with friends, after all, and she'd never really worried about it before, but now, it was her last chance. What if she failed? She'd have to leave the village and seek a home elsewhere, but the worst part would be the absence of her best friends in her life. If there was any determination in her heart, it was for that reason only. She would stay with them, even if it killed her, which it was bound to, considering the difficulty of the last year. And then, of course, there was always the rumors of an outsider, driven by grief by the loss of his soul mate, who killed those on the current Okinash. She did, of course, want to make it through alive, or better yet, with a soul mate, but she found it rather unlikely. Perhaps she shouldn't even bother trying this year.

User ImageTael stared, eyes crossed, at a greenish blur ahead of him. He'd been looking for so long that his eyes had sort of glazed over. Kisera was, of course, the object of his thoughts and unseeing gaze. It was their last year and, if he didn't get his nerve up soon, it'd be too late. The Oracle had better give them an easy task, that way he could focus entirely on his goal.

Kisera was a pretty girl, no, more than pretty, to Tael. She was perfect, with her long golden locks and her ever growing kindness. Even when she tried to insult him, it wasn't nearly as bad as he knew she could make it. She went out of her way to help others, and he sure wished she'd help him out with this little problem of his. As he refocused his eyes, he blinked and saw her looking up at Dray, who had his eyes closed and was tossing an apple.

The three of them had been best friends since their first Okinash, and Tael had always thought Kisera and Dray were the perfect couple, despite his feelings. They both had a, well, there was no other way to put it, good disposition. Tael was just too flirtatious, and, well, not good. That was just it, Kisera was too good for him, and he knew it. Why was it that he wanted what he so obviously couldn't have?
The sun had been already up for a few hours, and the day was starting. Already the people whom worked in trade jobs were opening their shops, and presenting to the town what gifts they had to offer. For a mere price of course.

It was also the time in which young adults would be waiting impatiently for farewells, and goodlucks, tapping their toes just like Tristan was doing so. Such impatience came from the fact that it was Okinash, a special event in Is'Kel, and very important to everyone who resided there.

Today it was starting, the search of a soul-mate. Right now, Tristan and his younger sister, Lucinda, were to be heading off to the Town Center, where they would meet the great Oracle.

"Lucinda! Hurry up! We're gonna be late!" called Tristan.

"I'm coming!" Running toward the door, a young lady, barely over fifteen, was standing there, adjusting her dress, and stepping onto the front porch with her barefeet. "I'm ready."

Smiling and then giving a slight chuckle, Tristan nodded. "Alright, let's get going." He proceeded to lifting his sister on his back, and heading down the alley they lived on.

It was bizarre to see the two, a rather built teen nearing his eighteenth year. His black locks and dark clothes would seem to make him a dark character, and his height and built intimidating, but he had a fatherly glow about him. And then the little girl, who was extremely small for her age, had a wisdom that couldn't be explained. Her light eyes and hair also was a strong contrast the the boy called Tristan.

Yet, Tristan and Lucinda were indeed related. Known for being such great siblings all around, they were now heading to what would probably be their greatest life experience yet.

It didn't take long for them to get to the Center. Looking around, the two headed with the rest of the large crowd. Tristan tried to find familiar faces, but knew he would end up comforting Lucinda. He had already placed her down, and already she was burying her face into his back. She was hiding, holding onto him like a child. Sighing, he smiled.

"Come on Lucinda, let's get a little closer, shall we?"

-------

The sun was also rising up in another town that was not too far from Is'Kel, but far enough so it wouldn't be distrubed too often. Here, the memory of Okinash gave all a bittersweet taste in their mouths. It was the event that reminded them of what could have been, and what should have been.

It was the reminder of failure.

Upon these villagers, a man in his mid-twenties was awaking to the sun. Actually, he had been awake for quite some time, he was just finally getting out of bed that is. Heading toward the small balcony, he looked at the flowers the decorated the metal and wooden piece. They were lovely, perhaps the lovliest around.

He took pride in his flowers, that Amergin.

Amergin went ahead, and watered the plants with the pot that layed there. He then yawned, and headed back inside. The small attic that he lived in belonged to the people who owned the rest of this house.

Today was the day he had to pay rent.

Upon realizing this, Amergin did not hesitate. He was ready and out of the house before anybody would realize he was even loitering around. No, he wasn't quite ready to pay yet, for he needed to sell his poems today.

Luckily, he snagged a potted plant before leaving, a gift for one of the members of the town. He didn't know quite who it would be given to, but he'll figure it out.

He himself lived near the town center of this village, and found himself sitting at the fountain often. As he sat there, he watched as the villagers woke up as well.

Today was going to be an interesting day.
User ImageTalonee sat beneath a large walnut tree reading up on past Okinashes. She'd read the book twice already, and then another time the year before, but she figured it was best to be well informed about the thing you were about to face. It was much the same in fighting. She'd watch her opponent fight before challenging them, if she could, not that she challenged many people. She hoped to avoid battling anyone this time through, but it was unlikely.

Snapping the book shut, she looked around. Most of the participants had arrived already, but she could see a few more still coming. The speaker wasn't there yet, of course. He always took ages. Talonee didn't mind waiting, though. It was part of the challenge and she could stay there as long as need be. She wasn't as apprehensive about the task as most, for she'd done it once, and it couldn't be much worse than last year's, or at least, she hoped it couldn't.

User ImageMintchia brushed her long hair away from her face, the movement slowed down to give it emphasis. She had her eye on, well, every boy there in the square, and she was fairly sure more than one of them had their eyes on her. She adjusted her skirt impatiently. Could the Oracle go any slower? It was more than a little aggravating, waiting to be told what to do, and knowing not what to do in the meantime. She'd left her group of 'friends' to stand by herself, claiming she couldn't see from there. Her real motive was, of course, to attract attention. Most of the participants tended to hang around each-other, nervously anticipating the event. Mintchia, like a few others, opted to stand by herself.

She looked around, cooly, hoping to find an attractive boy with whom she could talk to, or rather talk at. Most of the boys she targeted just sort of sat there and watched her dumbly. Unfortunately, most of the good looking boys her age were also very thick headed. Catching a glimpse of white among the multicolored crowd, she looked for it's source. A boy. He was tall, with light brown hair, a sword strapped to his back. Definitely handsome. He had to be older though, probably one of the 17 year olds. Smiling she headed toward him, perhaps she could manage to find her soul mate without the stupid Oracle's riddle.

User ImageTael decided that he'd lingered long enough. If he didn't move soon, Kisera, or worse, Dray, would notice him staring. He took a few steps foreword before realizing there was a girl making a beeline for him. It took all the inner strength he had to keep walking. She was pretty, and her revealing clothing didn't make his job any easier. Unfortunately, she looked as though her brains were, well, somewhere else. He preferred a girl who could at least carry a conversation that wasn't focused on herself.

That didn't usually stop him from flirting, but this year, he was going to try harder. If he could narrow down the amount of girls he talked to, with more than friendly intentions, Kisera might yet be his. He didn't realize how far he'd walked away from the girl before he hit the tree by Kisera and Dray. Looking up nervously, he hoped he hadn't disturbed Dray's tossing of the apple, or else Kisera wouldn't be too happy. He must have looked like a prize idiot, but at least he had managed to resist.
ooc: OMFG!!! its open!!! yay!! *starts franticly making profiles* i'm all new characters unless someone wants me to keep playing one or more of my old characters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff