Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

User Image
кυиαℓ ѕα'ιя мαнαραтяα
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Prince of gяα∂ιυѕ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❝ Without нσиσя I am øτhïṉģ。。。❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃xx

The exchange between Lun, Stella, Sol, and those awake reached Kunal's ears in waves. He caught most everything discussed, though the drugs used against him had a lasting effect which clouded his mind. Body limp for the same reason, the Gradian prince remained completely still as the proceedings carried on, gathering information without processing it. After an indeterminate amount of time, the Prince gained full control over himself, and at that moment memory and realization rushed in.

"Bashirah!" he yelled, his head suddenly jerking up. Heart pounding, his eyes scanned the room, his arms resisting against his constraints. He found her a second later to his left, limp and unmoving as he had been moments ago. "Bashirah?!" he yelled again, "Bashirah?!! Is she alright?! Release me at once! Bashirah!" Right now, the well being of the group did not matter, nor did the grave topic the elven siblings spoke of. All Kunal wanted was to ensure his sister's safety, and had he been more level headed he might have taken the time to notice her deep, subtle breaths. Kunal continued to shout and struggle, calling for his sister and cursing the elves who had him subdued.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
Lucian Gaska IgaliosUser Image
Company: The Survivors
"Make no mistake; war is coming with all of its glory... and all of its horror..."

"I am glad that you are accompanying us, Prince Lucian. Two minds are always better than one." So said the earth princess, Adora. "May we leave? I am anxious to learn what I can." It was readily apparent that the princess was ready to leave and investigate as Lucian was. He, too, wanted to view from others' perspective the sequence of recent events. "Glad to be aboard, ma'am." As he applied the finishing touches to Adele's corset, she looked over her shoulder."You've done this before, haven't you?" The elf prince chuckled lightly. "I get that a lot. But you know," He shook his hands in the air. "What can I say? I'm good with my hands." He smiled, not paying much attention to what she had to say afterwords. Adele's comments were followed immediately by a retort from Miyana to Adora.

An eruption of events which Lucian could barely keep track of soon swept the room. A riot? But what was a riot without a parliamentary government? Rather, it was a mob; and such were the elf's last thoughts before blanking out mentally. In a blur reminiscent to his moments in the burning palace of Bhegin, it was his final moments conscious he could not clearly make out. He remembers Adele attacking his would-be assailant, followed by the saving of Bashirah; everything afterwords to him was just thrown into his subconscious.

He awoke in a dim room, eerily reminiscent of the place he once called home. A gathering of people spoke amongst themselves, awakening the elf prince, arguing whether or not the people before them were the 'chosen ones' or something to that effect. It was a tiresome ordeal, and without a decent night's rest, Lucian knew that it was only a manner of time before his patience gave out. A dull pain in the back of his head made the prince figure he was knocked unconscious; a concussion, and the time he spent 'out' per se was unknown to him. The voices of the other royals soon alerted the gray-haired male to his current situation; he was bond and shackled to the ground. The elf merchant Sonya spoke, followed by the Shasta guard, immediately followed by a cry for Bashirah from the other Gradian twin. Lucian scanned his surroundings. The room itself gave a familiar vibe; it smelt of alcohol and festivities like most of the rooms in the palace, and the walls themselves were decorated with court regal. It was safe for the elf to thus conclude they were, in fact, situated in the palace in an unknown wing, before a group of what appeared to be people entranced with old wife tales.

"Pardon me for interrupting what you consider a team meeting, but you capture and bind us in hopes of us killing the same thing which consumed Jean and Aurelia, among the potential thousands of others which could be behind both the assault on Bhegin and Yardis at large?" Lucian scoffed. "If I didn't know any better I would say you're all mad. We're royalty, not fighters. There a few of us versed in the ways of the blade, let alone magic." The prince paused. "If it's a matter of baiting the monster so that you three can kill it, I will gladly volunteer. I doubt that those among us can serve a better role than that. Progress would be progress, after all..."

UPDATE !!:
Company: ???

User Image

Prophet

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  all my life i've been the slave of consequence
                                                  wondering how this - life could be so in tri cate

__________i wanna rewrite my heart
                                                  ███████__and let the future in--------[]
                                                  ________i call out -________________is anybody listening?
                                                  it's like i`m diving into emptiness (____________but at least )
                                                  ____there`s something beating in my chest
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

The darkness that at first enveloped her was cold and soaked in dread; even as her body lay limp, with who knows what being done to it, Bashirah’s mind raced and wondered. The pain, the panic… it was all still there despite her unconsciousness. Though no specific or intelligible thoughts flicked across her brain, the feelings remained just as strong. It was comparable to waking up in the middle of the night for the sole reason of knowing someone was there, watching. Nothing is seen, felt or heard, but the mind and body wake up entirely in an instant. It was like that, but Bashirah would not wake up. She could sense another presence, or presences; she knew she was not alone. And it terrified her. Would she die, not knowing who was there, peering from beyond the darkness?

All at once, it seemed as if her subconscious sighed. Everything relaxed suddenly. The cold transformed into a warmth – one with which she was not familiar. Comforting. All tension released from her muscles, her bones. She was floating.

Dead. She must be dead.

And with this conclusion, Bashirah began to paradoxically feel her faculties return to her, albeit at a terribly slow pace. Was this such a bad thing? As unhappy as she was, was death really an unwelcome thing? As she remained in that purgatorial state, she scoured her memory, trying to remember what exactly it was that she lived for. No aspirations. No dreams. No goals. No hope. Even before everything had gone to hell, she was doomed to be married and shipped back to Gradius, where she would be forever trapped with someone she could never possibly love, and whom she could never allow to love her.

… never allow to love her…

As Gradians, as the Supreme race, that was the one thing denied them all. How did she even know of the idea? Where did she learn of it? Who had been cruel enough to introduce it to her? Love of country – patriotism – and love of power were perfectly acceptable in her homeland. There was no love, only loyalty. Duty. Gradians were obligated to shed any semblance of humanity to preserve themselves. She remembered now. They were all taught of the failures and destructions of those who let their emotions fuel their decisions. One story told of a war begun merely to retrieve a kidnapped queen, hailed as the most beautiful woman in the world. To get her back, thousands were killed. A kingdom burned to the ground. So much pointless loss.

And yet… to be that face that launched a thousand ships…

No.

No.

How difficult. How difficult to function being taught that you are more than everyone else, but nothing at the same time. How can you be worth more and yet worth nothing? At the heart of Gradian principle, did fear fester and flourish? Was their society built upon foundations constantly shaken by trepidation?

This was too much. Far too much. She had to stop thinking. She did not want to think anymore, to delve deeper. But, in death, what else was there to do but think? Think and think and think and think…

Bashirah!

Her name rang through the darkness, muted, as if through water. A vibration through glass. Other voices began to sneak in as well.

"These are the people we're looking for? They are children. How pathetic."

If I had it my way, you'd have been thrown into the flames long ago."

so don't be in any rush to go back home. You can't, anyway, unless you solve the problem

“Is the world coming to an end?

Let us go, then maybe I won't spit in your face as I leave."

certainly a beast conjured by magic. There isn't another like it

I do not feel that the world will end... Only humanity."

Was she… alive? Or was this just her looking down, listening in, on the life continuing without her? She recognized Kunal’s frantic cries, the merchant, the earth princess… the three other voices were unknown to her. Things began rushing in. Panic returned. Her mind flashed back to her subdual, to the cloth over her nose and mouth, to the helplessness. The terror. She could feel his hand smothering her, his body holding her down. The universe burst.

“NO!”

All at once, everything was real again. Bashirah’s scream shocked the air. Not even completely realizing her eyes were open, seeing, the Gradian princess’s gaze darted about rapidly as her lungs scrambled to breathe. Only when she noticed the others around her, familiar faces, bound just as she, did she level out. Swallowing, Bashirah tried to play it off, closing her eyes and doing her best to slow her breaths.

“I live, Kunal,” she assured him, chest still rising and falling at a faster pace. “Calm yourself. I live.”

User Image
αιиє ¢няιѕтαℓℓє
Laelιe princess

Engaged to: Kunal Sa'ir Mahapatra, Prince of Gradius
Current crush: .Anna? Miyana?.. Who will it be moon child?.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════
"Hush now, she sleeps.. Our little beauty.." Whispered the mighty and beautiful Fae queen to her life mate as she gently placed the small babe in the petals of a flower.
"Are you certain it was wise to name her after that person?" Her life mate questioned softly as they exited little Aine's room hand in hand.
"Hush now.. Do not speak of the rest of that tale, you will curse us.." The Queen rebuked her harshly.
"And with that person.. As her father.. It unsettles me.. We can not keep the end of that tale as well as that.. A secret from her.. It's only a matter of time before our little moon child finds it out.."
"I said hush! Speak no more of it.. Her name will give her the courage she will need.." The queen replied as the two beauties flitted through the hallowed out halls of their tree in which they had created their castle.
"It may also drive her-"
"HUSH! Now let us retire.. It has been a while since you've tasted my flesh, and pleasured me.. Come now.. Let us away to our chambers.. What is done, is done.. May the gods bless us.." The queen replied as she kissed her lovers lips.. And she then flitted away, to their quarters. Her lover hesitated if only but for a moment, looking at a large rock of Amber..
"As well as forgive us.." She murmured as she shuddered, and then flitted after her queen with all haste.

Little Aine screamed as the darkness overcame her, taking her as it's hostage roughly. then.. Nothing.. Not even so much as a dream to comfort her.. Voices.. Faint voices then fetched her from the waking darkness.. Her crystalline blue eyes fluttered open and light streamed into her eyes. Slowly all the blobs of color came into focus. the first person to catch her wary eye was her heroin Miyana. She felt her heart skip a beat as the woman's voice fell into her tattered and tired mind. She then looked to her other side seeing Lucien sitting there.. It had finally registered, that the two of them were in chains! And she? She was trapped in a bird cage! Gods help her! She panicked as she lifted herself off the rough mettle floor, and her wings fluttered like mad as her fingers wrapped around the thin bars. She pulled against the mettle roughly, trying to rip it away, and then she tried to squeeze out.. Nothing, the mettle did not give.. And she was indoors she could not use her magic to aide her.

She slowly sank down, her wings resting on her back. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... She felt her anger rise as she remained silent and listened to what her captors said.. They wished for she and the others to kill the beast that plagued them.. We're they absolutely mad?! She was a fae princess! she was not allowed to harm others! When she knocked down Anna's attackers she had broken that rule! Wait.. Anna.. Where was she? "Anna? Anna?" Questioned Aine her eyes flicking about, she then allowed a sigh of relief to escape her lips when her eyes finally spotted her. 'Thank the gods..' She prayed bowing her head resting her head against the cold bars of her cage. It would appear that her two favorite woman were alright, and unharmed.. As were the rest of her allies. Her eyes then fell on Kunal.. He cried out for his sister.. she found not hate, but pity filled her now.. Just what sort of man was this?

Was he truly the monster that she thought he was? Or was he simply broken? Her eyes then fell on his sister who calmed him.. there was most certianly a strong bond between the two.. Aine wondered if there would ever be enough room in her future husbands heart for her. As if it mattered now.. Now she was imprisoned in a bird cage, three mysterious captors demanding that she and the others kill the beast who previously ate Jean.. Surly they were sending them all to their doom! She knew magic, but she was not allowed to harm living beings.. And as Lucein stated she as well as most of the others did not know combat. "Madness.." She finally uttered at long last.. But.. was it not also her duty to aid those in need? And.. if fighting the beast offered a chance of freedom from this cage.. Then she would gladly oblige her strange captors. "Very well then.. I can not speak for the others.. but I shall fight this battle for you.. I do have a few other questions.. Such as.. Is there any particular type of mettle the beast seems to be avoiding, or element? I know wind magic, and if the beast seems to be avoiding the element of wind, my power may prove useful.. "

════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Current location:imprisoned in a bird cage
Current mood: determined
Current company: the whole gang
Occ: sorry for the wait
Current injuries: slight cut on the neck
User Image

Partying Loiterer

User Image
a d e l e x v a n a d i s
Bodyguard To The Prince of Zuleidi

Adele looked expectantly back at Lucian as he stood there. She wasn't sure if he were in shock or if he were reluctant to leave the others. "Lucian!" The blonde called out sharply. It was then that a shadow seemed to race across her vision. Thinking it was nothing but a trick of the mind, she turned to begin walking when she was met with nothing but darkness. Her body tensed as she immediately set Bashirah down on the ground carefully before easing herself down. Despite her instinctual reaction to be worried, there was something so inviting about the sudden overwhelming embrace. A sense of warmth overcame her as her muscles were put to ease. It was how she imagined a child would feel when their parents hugged them after a nightmare.

Before she opened her eyes, there were the sounds of voices, seemingly debating amongst themselves. Part of her longed to become subdued by the darkness once more. It had been a long time since she had been able to forget all thoughts of duty. The few chances were always welcomed. However, after the thought crossed her mind, she inwardly chastised herself for even thinking such things when Jean was still in trouble. Pushing past her own selfishness, Adele forced her eyes open. Immediately her blue eyes began to scan her surroundings, thankful to see that their group was all together once more. Whether this was a happy reunion was yet to be seen. At this point, she naturally attempted to move her arms, to which she found her wrists bound by ropes. Her expression suddenly turned sour as her life was once more in the hands of a stranger. Bound and determined to test the strength of that that held her captive, she tightened her fists and lift herself an inch or two off of the ground using her upper body strength before letting herself drop, the rope not even giving away in the slightest. The guard tilted her head back and examined the knot working, admiring the craftsmanship. There was no way she would be escaping with her body weight.

Turning her attention to those in the middle of the room, she analyzed the three elves. However, did not find anything too out of the ordinary about them. Though, apparently she had missed their lecture about what they were expecting out of their group while she had been attempting a quick escape, as just then they asked if they had any questions. Not wanting to seem rude or put anyone else through the same explanation, Adele kept her mouth shut figuring it would all be regurgitated through whatever questions were brought up. But like hell was she just going to sit there like a lame animal. Someone had to have a back up plan incase their captors suddenly craved blood.

While the others began their own questioning, the Zuleidian fidgeted in hopes of loosening her bindings. If attention was ever directed towards her by their captors, she made sure to sit still for just long enough until she was out of their scrutiny. But while the others seemed stressed and antsy about the fact that they were being asked to go fight the sand monster, Adele had already known that that was part of her fate. If anything, these people were just helping her. The blonde finally gave up with her escape attempt after she had made very little progress with the ropes. Her blue eyes scanned the royals and other guards that were all positioned in a circle. Considering that others were beginning to confirm that they were willing to try and kill the monster, the guard figured she might as well give her own two cents. "Sounds easy enough. You can count me in. It's a get in, get out type of job." Wearing a lopsided grin, she shrugged her shoulders casually as if this were all a daily occurrence. However, it was becoming increasingly clearer that you couldn't expect the usual when with the royals.

She couldn't help but look over towards Lucy when he mentioned how he believed he'd be able to help the effort. "Bait should be a fun job. Have fun with that, Luce."

" I will not bow. I will not break.
                                I will not fall. I will not fade.
                                I will take your breath away.
                                "

XSenkoX's Significant Otter

Inquisitive Lover

тαкє α ℓєαρ σf fαιтн.
      ï ќṉøώ ώε'll ṃαќε ïτ.

Anna "Annabel" Crowbers. 21 years-old. Laelie Bodyguard.

User Image
                                    One moment she was saving a stranger from impending crisis, the princess coming to her rescue from thugs with her magic, to walking alongside the others towards a bar, and the next moment darkness clouded over her, with neither warmth nor indifference, and it was rather somewhere in between. It was not merely an immediate shut down of her whole systems as though someone had done a sudden attack from behind her, but it’s as though her mind had blanked from all moments and actions prior to other events. Arbitrary conversations are overthrowing whatever is in her mind, stirring her out of her reverie, plucking her out of the depths of that darkness and into another part of darkness, but she was still able to see the silhouettes of, according to the movements, three figures seemingly lost in their idle babbles.

It is only did her eyes flickered from exhaustion of a somewhat long sleep that she, Anna managed to regain her sight, and the darkness subsided, the silhouettes revealed to be three elves, as she could tell by their pointed ears, and their oddly long figures and towering heights, give or take a few inches. Her body moved forward, her actions limited, grasping the fact that her hands are cuffed chained to the wall. The chains shook dustily as her hands moved about, seemingly trying to break free, but to no avail. She scanned the room, and took note of the animosity of the lit lamps and circular walls, and it seemed no doors are in sight. Confused, her eyes then turned to the people on each of her sides. First, she made note of the man Remus, also in the same handcuffed position, yet to be awoken, and her other side, Adele, who had spoken about what the elves had accounted regarding their reason for being in this room. Anna did not say anything when the elves spoke of the beast, until Princess Aine and Prince Lucian spoke about confronting the beast that had swallowed, or as the Zuleidan guard put it, ‘bait,’

“I will not have princess Aine, or any of the other royals for that matter to confront the beast as some sort of a mouth-watering inducement. Are the guards not meant to be the one to protect the royals?”

[00C; short poast if short. -_-]

Surefire Comrade

User Image
xxxxxx Chαndαr Hαrí
{{ The Gradian Smith Mercenary
}}
"Haters will hate. It's the price one pays for being perfect."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Much to Chandar's relief, Kunal had woken up. However, the prince ignored the smith, instead, opting to shout for his sister. The smith scowled, furious that he was being ignored until his brain registered just who exactly Kunal was looking for. A thrill of fear raced down Chandar's spine; Bashirah was here too? Why? I don't think I want to know, actually, he decided, shaking his head. The princess answered and he let out a sigh of relief. They were alive. Okay. That was good. They were still chained up and being held captive by elves (elves! Ugh!), but it was better than being dead, he supposed.

The conversation continued and Chandar was confused, to say the least. If he was hearing things correctly, these elves had kidnapped them to ask for their help in killing this sand-beast creature. Gods, that drunk had been speaking the truth. The smith shifted guiltily; perhaps the broken nose had been uncalled for. But still, that drunken idiot had deserved it. Nobody touched Chandar's sword without permission, especially if they weren't Gradian.

Talk switched to using the royals as bait, and Chandar sputtered unintelligibly for a moment. Oh sure, let's make the situation worse by running the risk of having a couple of the heirs to entire kingdoms being eaten and possibly never seen again. Yes, that would solve everything. "I will not just stand by and twidle my thumbs if their Highnesses are going to be risking their lives!" Chandar interjected, stomping his foot for emphasis. Of course, by 'their Highnesses' he meant Kunal and Bashirah; the rest he could care less about. But still, they didn't have to know that.

Rich Businessman

a t r i p i n t i m e
              all is lost again

In the Belly of the Beast: Part Two

User Image

After listening to all that Aurelia had to say, only one thing stuck out in the Prince's mind.
                "Adele had a fight with Kunal? Why? I mean, I know he's a stick in the mud and she's a bit hot-headed, but..."
                Actually, as if he'd answered his own question, he looked up as if in thought, nodded to himself, and moved on.

Jean hadn't even noticed that Aurelia was wearing something different from before. Perhaps he just didn't pay attention to her before then, or that he never looked at anything besides her face... which was incredibly weird for the Zuleidan. Whatever.

He sighed deeply and grabbed a lock of his hair to tug on it. "This is bollocks! I hate being left in the dark! Interesting things are happening without me! But no, I have to be eaten right at the beginning, go figure." Without permission, as usual, Jean wrapped an arm around the maid and rested it on her shoulders. "There isn't really anything to do in here, so..."

"Anyone up for a game of Swits?"

"Ooh, I am," Purred the Queen, a smile dancing across her features, looking up at her husband with a devious look in her eye. That look was there almost always. It was one of her defining features and a reason why Ashcroft treasured her so.

"Wait, what's 'Swits?' It sounds like a sailors' disease," Jean's eyebrows furrowed.

"Swords and wits, boy! Wits and swords! You're one of the Royal children, all right. Sheltered!"

A bystander, who was in the middle of a laughing fit, took the sword from his belt and tossed it from hand to hand.

"Count me in, your highness! If we ever get out of here alive, let me apologize in advance for beating you!"

Ashcroft, with a grin on his face, pulled his sword from his belt as well, swiped at the air a bit with it and flipped it around to hand the hilt over to Penelope, who received it with great enthusiasm. "Please... I am the best at this game." The crowd back up a little bit, like they were watching a school fight and the Queen and her opponent. They stood in their stances and the very first person to speak up was the man, who was fairly young, older than Jean, but younger than the King.

They began to spar, just as any swordsmen would, during a practice session. Penelope didn't seem to have any trouble moving around in a dress, though it was clear by the way she smoothed it out that she would've rather been wearing trousers.

"You're the best, eh? Well, today, by myself, twelve people I've beaten!"

He raised his sword over his head and brought it down vertically, while she raised her own and caught it horizontally. There was a clash when they met.

"From the size of your gut, I'd guess they were eaten!" With a mighty push, she caused him to stumble back, and their game continued, with each one spouting insults and witty retorts, all in good fun.

On the other side, the King had nestled himself next to Jean-Baptiste and Aurelia. He watched the battle with a quiet smile on his face. "You're part elf, I can tell, young lady." He said, suddenly, looking to Aurelia. "..But what else?"

"She's the servant of the Gradians, Kunal and Bagheera," Jean interjected before she could say anything. He was so rude sometimes.

"Ah," the King replied, and nodded, and chuckled a little after hearing the Zuleidan butcher Bashirah's name so badly. "That's a rare and fantastic combination. Just remember your heritage. You're an elf. You're smart and clever, much more than your average, impulsive Gradian. Remind them of this, when they insult you for being different."

Rich Businessman

User Image
      H e l p e r s a n d G u i d e s

They all paid glances to everyone who insisted on having some sort of emotional outbreak in the middle of their conversation. It wasn't as if they woke up inside of a volcano, although if they had, the Gradians would've probably been more reasonable with their tone of voice.

"So be it," Stella replied. "The guards shall go. You can all be replaced, after all, if something happens to you. We shall have a role of our own in this battle, but you must kill it first. Although the beast will die, the magic of whoever summoned it will still linger and could potentially be used to summon something else more dangerous. Our job is to make sure that doesn't happen, but you need to play your part first."

"We don't know why you were all chosen. Our instructions were to find the ones that held the letter, no matter who they were. Why, I was ready to recruit your parents for the job! Never mind that, you should be proud to fight for your Kingdoms... to fight together as a team, for Yardis!"

"A Gradian, a Dradecan, a Shasta, a Zuleidan, and a Laelian. All together as a team. It is unheard of. If a Salori joined in, I do believe the world would explode. So, let's come up with a plan."

"Let them out of their restraints."

"...What? Are you sure?"

"Yes. Do it."

"All right," Said Sol and the two brothers went to work untying, unclasping, and un-caging everyone in the room, regardless of the supposed consequences. Stella had her sights on those guards and even assumed that Chandar was one of them. Like the others, her nerves were also fluttering. She was beginning to see their potential. She saw their parents within them. Igalios, with their strong sense of selflessness. Mahapatra, loyal until the very end, Christalle, ever observant, Zhaddagh, full of heart... It was regretful that she could not see the Laurent heir, but she was almost positive that he must have possessed an adventurous spirit.

"For wind to do anything would be unlikely, but earth... may be of some use. The beast avoids gates like the plague, and people who are completely clad in armor. The lower half of its body is encased beneath the sand... If there is any way to keep it from retreating underground, we may have a chance."

ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ I s a y comes out right
            I can't love w i t h o u t a ʇɥbıɟ
            No one ᴇᴠᴇʀ knows my n a m e
            When I p r a y for sun, it suıɐɹ

╔════════════════════════════╗
                ████❚❚❚ ιγαηα Жεƒσяиѧї❙❙ ███x
                ╚════════════════════════════╝

δяαδεͼυϛ βσδγɢμαяδ

User Image

I'm so ʞɔıs of w a s t i n g time
                        But n o t h i n g ' s moving in my ᴍɪɴᴅ
                        Inspiration c a n ' t be punoɟ
                        I get up and fall but...
                        xxxxxx
                        ɪ' ʟɪ

User Image━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Miyana sighed, only half-listening to everyone speak. Chandar has spoken, obliviously missing the fact that she had stated that they were somewhere in the palace. The three elves answered her questions, which she appreciated, seeing as everything else was going to hell. A Shazgard that the heterochromatic did not recognize, but knew to be a guard, then spoke. Everyone seemed to be waking up. The Gradian prince had awoken, bellowing for his sister, whom he mistakenly thought be dead or something, as he hadn't paid attention to the fact that she was breathing. 'Idiot,' Lucian woke soon after him, also recognizing the familiar walls of the palace. He quickly volunteered to be bait, which wasn't a very good idea in the slightest, and she wasn't going to let it slide. Then Bashirah screamed, which only worsened the half-elf's headache, and strangely enough, reminded her of the cracked ribs that were beginning to dig into her flesh. Then others woke: Adele and Anna. Anna, Chandar, and Miya herself seemed to agree on the fact that the royals should not put themselves in harms way, even though the assassin knew that Chandar was merely speaking for the Gradian prince and princess.

The one known as Sol then undid their bonds, the searing pain in Miya's began to become irritating. The moment she was free, she rose, only to find that she ribs didn't feel like complying with any sudden movements. Steps slightly unsteady, she made her way to her bag, which had been separated from her and put in one of the farther cornesr. There were no signs of pain on her face, but it hurt to breathe. Or move. Or do anything, for that matter. An endless stream of profanity went through her mind as she undid her cape and took off her long-sleeved shirt, revealing the thinner camisole she wore underneath, and the several weapons strapped to her person. While most injuries of hers could be ignored, cracked ribs made it extremely hard to go out and do the things she usually did. But it was important to confirm that her rib was indeed cracked, and not actually broken (as a broken rib could poke into her insides and lead to internal bleeding and/or death), and that said injury hadn't effected anything else. Hopefully only her ribs were damaged, and not other vital body parts.

“Oi,” She commented to the group as she rolled up her shirt slightly to look at the mild discoloration at where she had been kicked. Along with the scars, there were several marks branded into the teenage girl, all from various slave groups. “If the royals are going to be hidden, how are we going to lure that thing out?” From her bag, Miyana pulled out a folded and bound piece of paper, which she opened up. It turned out to be a massive and extremely detailed map of the Dradecus capital's surface, and it was likely that she had one for the underground as well. “Do you think it'll try and go after us guards if we try and leave ourselves?” Touching the bruised section of her body, the guard visibly winced. 'Painkillers, painkillers...' Rummaging through her bag once more, the injured half-elf pulled out a small container of sorts, taking a small rolled ball of sorts and popping it her mouth. She spoke again, her tone polite as the normal Miyana began to reappear. “If you all are going to stay behind, I trust you all have a plan of some sort?" She wasn't here to think. She was here to kill stuff. Chewing the pill as fast as humanly possible, she swallowed it quickly, the horrid taste lingering in her mouth. The taste of the medicine was that of grapes, but as Miyana hated grapes more than anything, the taste was comparable with that of eating a melon that's been in the compost for a good week or so, drenched in gasoline, and then chewed on by a very unwilling bear.

'If that stupid old man is going to actually flavor these things,' The assassin thought, smoothing out her map as she thought of the healer she got said pills from. 'Why must he make them taste like the one thing I hate to eat more than anything else in Yardis?'

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
User Image

I'm ǝʌıןɐ, oh y e a h
                                        B e t w e e n the good & bad's where ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ find me
                                        buıɥɔɐǝɹ for h e a v e n!
                                        I will ғɪɢʜᴛ, and I'll s l e e p when I die!
                                        I live! My life! ɪ' ʟɪ ~

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴA Mysterious Room in the Palace」 「ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏScooby and the Gang & the Three Stooges」 「ᴍᴏᴏᴅIn Pain」「ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛsI. Hate. Grapes.」「ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ722 words」 「ᴏᴏᴄD8 My brain has no idea what to do with this giant monster. And I agree.
@HATERS BE LEARNERS :: this is how you postUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
    R E M U S || A B B O T T has entered the storyboard
      ▷ Zuleidi ASSASSIN traveling salesman
        COMPANY: everyone relevant to a running plot
        INJURIES: none
        INVENTORY: trinkets, blade, scimitar

"What just happened?"

"You were kissed, if I am not mistaken, albeit accidentally..." The Zuleidi sighed as the folly both immediately in front of him and surrounding him seemed to leave him unfazed. He was brutally honest as he was not one to be forthcoming with the truth; in terms of a working environment, it was necessary to be honest so as to ensure clientele trust. Although the girl assassin was surely trained in the ways of killing a man without expressing much, she was still young. She may have seen things others have not; she may have been versed in such ways that other could not; she may have been exposed to things that others should not; but to Remus, Miya was naive; her life was devoted to the way of the silent kill and nothing more. He cared little for the girl's past, but he was sure that the girl has yet to care and to be cared for, to love and to be loved.

Miya still had a life to live.

At twenty-four years and still breathing, Remus could compare lifestyles with her, but the fissure that separated the two was that he was ripped away from a familiar lifestyle and put back into it with a differing mindset. The white-haired crimson-eyed male was born a merchant child and will always have that blood flowing in him, but the moment he picked up a blade was the moment he became Remus Abbott. There existed an idea of a Remus Abbott, some kind of abstraction, but there was no real 'him,' only an entity, something illusory. Though he could hide his cold gaze and one could shake his hand and feel flesh gripping his, he simply wasn't there; such was his art, unique to him, that made him an assassin. Neither paying much heed to events around him nor caring lead to the man dropping his guard; in the moment he realized it was, Remus was on the floor.

A male's scream calling for a woman known as "Bashirah" awoke him as quickly as he had been knocked out. He tuned out most of the talking and focused on getting a feel for his surroundings. Remus was bound by his arms to the floor, leaving him at the will of his captors. He scanned the room itself which was reminiscent to Dradecus architecture of times past, and finally he spotted his bag and weapons which were directly across from his. Having been captured and tied while unconscious rendered escape difficult, but not impossible; and although it was within his capabilities, it would seem that the three captors who were talking amongst themselves simply held them down so as to not incite tempers. It was a poor plan from the get-go, and immediately, they mentioned something along the lines of being the "chosen" ones. The assassin's thoughts went back to the letter whose contents were not disclosed to him, which served only to frustrate him further. He kept his mouth shut, biting his lip at the thought of the circumstances around him being led by gods and spirits.

The trio also mentioned defeating a beast, brought about by magic, and working as a team to bring it down. Remus did not operate that way. His skill set leaned more towards dealing with targets that are generally not as tall as buildings. The sand beast as it had been named had an unfamiliar anatomy, and without knowledge of the beast, surgical precision and quick strikes were impossible to pull off. As soon as he had been unbound, Remus spoke. "A beast regardless of its nature is driven by instinct unless trained and tamed by its handler." He got up and stretched out his arms, feeling a dull pain in his ribs from being kicked while down, apparently. "If it is as you say, it targets royals without heed of the immediate environment." Remus walked over to his bag, put it on, then strapped his sword to his side. "And if its size is any indication, any attempt to immobilize it will be rendered impossible without the assistance of many people. Getting the people to side with the royals in this social climate, however, will be equally impossible."

Remus turned to the trio. "If your plan is to simply bind it through magical means and then to assault it while it's down, I can guarantee you the collateral damage will be almost insurmountable. We're talking about collapsed buildings in its struggle, coupled with an exhausted magician, and potential loss of life in the process." He crossed his arms then propped his back up against the wall. "There also exists the flaw that simply because the lower portion of its body is beneath the sand, it can retreat under it at any time. Binding the monster would not be impossible, but very difficult. One would have to know how and where to bind it and how much to bind it with. It's a very precise thing your are requesting here."

Remus paused to gather his thoughts. "If we have confirmed that the beast is not a golem (or of similar construct, as in animated stone/sand), then I offer a very simple solution. As a merchant who deals in herbs and other flora, I believe the simplest solution would be to sedate or drug the beast and then to kill it while it is down or otherwise unable to act." He wished to kill the beast himself for taking his target away from him. If Jean wasn't digested already, the assassin would go out of his way to rip the man out of the beast's stomach and to walk him out of the kingdom, only to have to kill the prince when the time was right.
User Image
x x x x x x x x x K o r a x Z h a d d a g h

Kora listened carefully as the conversation flitted around the room and grew as the others began to regain consciousness. While sorting out the new information in her head, and debating the best course of action, her gaze found its way to her sister across the room, though only for a moment. Tarkan awoke not all that long after herself, and she took that moment to consider that none of them had been hurt by the mysterious elven siblings. So, despite the very strange manner of meeting them, she didn’t deem them as any threat to their safety. Well.... sending them off to fight some monster wasn’t exactly safe. But they did answer her questions to the best of their ability, which Kora was grateful for. However, it seemed that the answers only led to more questions. She didn’t know what to make of their description of the sand beast; a living creature that didn’t have tissues. A shudder passed over her for a moment, as she continued to listen.

She turned over Lucian’s comment in her mind, as she swept her gaze across all of the royals and their allies. He was right for the most part. None of the royals, although granted with unique gifts from their various heritages, had ever truly seen battle. It would make sense for the guards to fight the beast instead of them, but something about that plan made her feel a little sick. “If possible, I would like to help as well,” she stated. The prospect of hiding while others fought wasn’t something she considered a favorable course of action. The sudden outburst of Prince Kunal, as he called to his sister Bashirah in desperation and very real fear stunned Kora. Such emotional displays was not something she had come to expect from the normally stoic pair. Once the princess awoke, the two were quick to calm themselves, but Kora would not forget what she had witnessed. If anything it brought a tiny smile to the corner of her mouth. Perhaps these two weren’t as cold as they appeared. There was definitely passion inside both of them, burning underneath the carefully constructed stoic Gradian shells of the royal siblings.

Aine spoke up about possibly using her element as a force against the beast, and Kora felt a little dense for not thinking of it earlier. She remained silent as she thought it over, unsure if what she was planning was within her capabilities. The elven siblings confirmed her own forming suspicions when they mentioned that the powers of the earth could be of use. Being free of the bonds did a little to put Kora at ease, and it made her feel a little more like trusting the three than she had before. Though she used the term ‘trust’ rather lightly in this scenario. Rubbing her wrists unconsciously before deciding to speak, she said, “Being of House Zhaddagh, I have power over earth, though I’ve rarely used it in combat before these last few hours.... This thing is made of sand so perhaps I could try to keep it on the surface. If that doesn’t work, I could try to control the earth that’s around and beneath it to keep it from moving too much....” They had said that the thing was alive, but it was still made primarily of sand (and other desert debris) which was earth.

“I’m not really sure how effective my power will be, but I’m willing to give it a shot. Perhaps if Lucian or Adele or whoever wishes distracted it for little while, then I could sneak in from a blind spot.... the most I could probably do is keep it from moving around too much, though I don’t know if I could keep it from attacking you. Someone else would have to deal damage to the beast while I keep it above ground....” She glanced over at the white haired merchant named Remus, and said, “I don’t know how much collateral damage can be avoided, or even how long I’ll be able to hold it. This thing is massive, so I’m not sure if it would be possible to sedate it enough to completely render it at our mercy.... although....” she paused, her eyebrows drawing together in thought, “...if you could make a drug that would dull its senses even a little, that could make it a great deal easier for me to control. I could probably even hold it longer than I would have been able to otherwise...” Her expression brightened visibly, as she started to believe that perhaps they could really pull this off. “That would buy more time for whoever will be actually fighting and dealing damage to the monster,” she added.

How they would administer the drug to the beast would be a feat in and of itself. She cupped her chin in her hand for a moment as she thought. Looking up at the three elven siblings, she questioned, her tone a tad unsure, “Are you sure that those swallowed by the beast truly live...?” Kora didn’t voice this part of her plan just yet, as she wasn’t sure how it would be received. Taking a moment, and speaking slowly and expecting this part of the plan to be instantly shot down, she said, “I don’t think it would be possible to get the monster to swallow the drug and nothing else.... but if someone had the drug with them... and was then swallowed by the monster... then maybe they could administer it.... It would be a major gamble though....” Kora didn’t think that anyone would be willing to risk the slim chance of this working... of letting themselves be swallowed by the beast when they didn’t even know if the drug, or any drug for that matter, even if crafted by the finest pharmaceutical minds in the world, would have any effect on a creature constructed from magic. Still, she put the suggestion out there for the others to debate over amongst themselves.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

“I don't believe in fate or destiny.
I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment.
However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter -
it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.”

Prophet

all my life i've been the slave of consequence
                                                  wondering how this - life could be so in tri cate

__________i wanna rewrite my heart
                                                  ███████__and let the future in--------[]
                                                  ________i call out -________________is anybody listening?
                                                  it's like i`m diving into emptiness (____________but at least )
                                                  ____there`s something beating in my chest
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Gradually, reality began to piece itself together for Bashirah once more. When it finally hit her that a significant period of time had elapsed since she was attacked, and that – despite the fact that she was indeed trapped and bound – she was in no immediate danger (at least, as far as she could deduce), a calmness settled in her chest. With panic put on the backburner, Bashirah’s other senses were able to do their jobs. A faint pulsing shook the side of her face where she was struck. When unbound by one of the three in the center of the room, she gently prodded the tender area, cringing slightly. The smell of mildew choked the cool air in the circular space. Sharp eyes darting to these Sol, Stella, and Lun characters, the Gradian princess’ jaw tightened. She still didn’t exactly understand who – or what – they were, and so, suspicious bubbled within her.

Nevertheless, Bashirah tuned in attentively as she rubbed her raw wrists. On occasion, she would glance over to Kunal, noting the fact that he seemed, thankfully, in good health, wishing it would be acceptable to get up and relocate herself directly to his side. Her mind wandered back to their childhood days, when she would simply use his shoulder as a rest for her head. How pleasant that would feel at that moment. Just to feel some sort of closeness… some warmth. It was then that she glanced longingly up to one of the torches lining the wall. Using the bricks as support, Bashirah got to her feet, turned, and coaxed a bit of flame into her palm. There, it sat like a pudgy bird of sorts. Leaning back, Bashirah stroked the bundle of fire as if it actually were – almost endearingly. Closing her eyes, taking a deep breath, she stood.

So. They were to slay the sand beast. It sought out the Royals, made obvious by the snack it made of Jean-Baptiste. It made some sense that they would be the only ones capable of felling it. And while she was not exactly ready to accept everything being told to her, ignoring the crisis completely was out of the question as well.

Bashirah took in all of the plans being bounced around. Aine suggested wind. Of course that would not work. It was a beast of the earth. Though, that meant she and Kunal would be of little use as well. It flashed across her mind that perhaps, given enough flame, she and her brother could turn the sand into glass – but that was as nearly impossible as it was impractical. If the earth princesses could somehow do something with the shifting sands, maybe that would be of some use. But all this talk of “drugging” the creature… she couldn’t keep quiet.

“The mere concept of somehow drugging the behemoth is utterly ludicrous,” she injected suddenly, a tad bitter, gaze briefly shifting over to Remus who had proposed it. “Regardless of anyone’s level of medicinal expertise, there is absolutely no way to procure enough supplies of anything to even make the thing dizzy.” Her pet flame flickered. “And did everyone simply ignore the fact that it has no tissue? Organs? What sort of blood or pulse would carry the drug in the first place? It is a recycled puppet. So, I suggest you quit wasting your energy trying to further develop that… plan.”

She paused momentarily.

“It would appear obvious that a more intelligent route would be either eliminate the magic supposedly animating it, or give that magic nothing more to animate.” She paused again, swallowing, then added a bit surprisingly, “I do suppose, however, if one is worried about those who may or may not be held captive in its stomach, such a forwardly violent and destructive method would be unfavorable… if one were worried about their safety, of course. And I believe there are a few of those among us who do.” Bashirah was, of course, talking about the Igalios brothers and Adele, whose parents and prince had been devoured.

How... thoughtful of her.

Devoted Lovergirl

10,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Aυʀɛℓɩɑ Pʏʀʀσƨ
                  xxxx тнε яσγαℓ мαɪ∂ σƒ ɢяα∂ɪυs

User Image
xxxxxx caged in amber she sings eternally。 xxx
caged in amber she sings eternallylocation: The belly of the beast.
caged in amber she sings eternallycompany: Prince Jean & The other victims of the beast.
caged in amber she sings eternallym ood: Significantly embarrassed.
caged in amber she sings eternallyinjuries: none
caged in amber she sings eternallyooc:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXⒸLunaLeskaXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Aurelia was quite pleased that the Zuleidan Prince had come to his own conclusion when it came to the conflict between his guard, Adele and her lord the Prince Kunal. She was in no state to explain how the fight broke out or how her lord displayed a childishness and ignorance that even a normal person should have been ashamed of. The maid wished too not speak any ill manner of her lord despite knowing well that his actions were in the wrong and that the Zuleidan guard had every right to lash out like she did.

Even Aurelia would have acted so, placing aside her training as a servant to the Gradian royals should someone had spoken such comments as her lord Kunal did. It was for this reason alone that Aurelia understood well of Adele's feelings and gave her praise for standing up for the one she served. Other than that, through the maids' eyes she found both individuals at fault and childish for not having settled their differences in a calmly manner.

At this point the maid could only glance away from the Zuleidan prince. Finding it hard for that mere moment to look up at him with a display of pride for her prince, when it was obvious that she was so disappointed in him...yet so relieved. Relieved that finally the stone structures of Kunal and Bashirah were finally breaking and for once they were showing signs of...humanity.

Gladly she was drawn from her thoughts only to be a bit taken back by Jean's sudden display of..what she would consider affection? Her expression was one of confusion and held only details of a perplexed state. She wasn't quite use to such displays or embraces and thus was unsure how to respond. So she just stayed silent, finding herself off guard to the princes next movements. Luckily a deep voice drew the attention of the maid and the prince. Aurelia found herself curious as to this game of Swits the older man spoke of. It sounded familiar...but she could not put a finger on where she had heard of it.

Aurelia was astonished by the duel in front of her. Though the lady whom had aided her earlier was no one of great beauty she was in fact, beautiful in her stances. It was a memorizing sight to behold. It gave her an excitement that brought the maids nerves to and numbing stop. At least in this hell hole there were ways to take ones mind off of the unknown fate that awaited them all. But the maid was quickly drawn by the voice at her side who made the statement of her being elf. Aurelia gazed up and only nodded her head to confirm the mans words. When he questioned her origins that were not elf, the young woman was prepared to answer before Jean whom acted as if he had all the answers, answered for her.

Aurelia looked forward, allowing the older individual who she had yet to realize was a King, make his comment.

That's a rare and fantastic combination. Just remember your heritage. You're an elf. You're smart and clever, much more than your average, impulsive Gradian. Remind them of this, when they insult you for being different."

Aurelia felt the hairs on her neck stand and felt her heart race. Why did so many not realize that the Gradian people were not as terrible as they seemed. If it weren't Kunal and Bashirah, Aurelia would be wondering the streets, homeless or as a prostitute, pleasing men for money just to get by. Those twins were her saviors, yet these elves...they outcasted her. Called her a b*****d child with bad blood. Sold her to slave traders. So how could this man whom she knew nothing of and he knew nothing of her speak so?

Aurelia stood from her seated position in the sandy ground, removing Jean's arm from her shoulders and turning to look at the King.

"You're wrong."

Those two words were enough to bring silence to the pit as if she had said or stated something forbidden.

"Not once since I took my first steps into Gradius was I ever insulted for being different. I was accepted even though not one part of my blood dripped with Gradian. You call them impulsive, beings without a heart or means for expression. But those very same people whom you see as mere statues without souls, are the very beings that saved me from the life elves sold me to."

This was a first, but her heart was overwhelmed. She was tierd of it all. It was thoughts and comments like the Kings that caused war, that caused the reason for the royal children to be sent off to be married and brought into danger. It was these beliefs of other royal families and races that they stood where they were now. Aurelia gazed at the man in the eyes before looking at Jean and then back at him.

"I am not of Gradian. Yes, I am of elf blood, but my counterpart that runs through my veins is of Shasta origin. I once lived here, this is my birth place. But it was the people here that insulted me not the people of Gradius! Here I was seen as a b*****d child. Abandoned by a mother who was into much shame to keep me, and outcasted by a race I once considered myself apart of! But don't think I am taking your words and placing them to shame. No sir. In fact, I take no pride any either of my origins, elf or Shasta. How can you expect me too? When all any kingdom does it make implications of others? Its comments like yours and thoughts like many others that have placed us in our current positions. Its because of these statements this war is going on and that the princes of your kingdom and the children of the other kingdom are in danger! So please...don't speak as if elves are of any higher power than the other kingdoms...cause in my eyes, everyone is a child filled with silly pride."

The maid grew silent and glanced around realizing many were listening on to her statement. She lowered her head and turned away from the King and Jean. She never meant to outburst in such away. It was not that the Gradians were insulted by the mans statement, it was just simply Aurelia finding herself exhausted with others beliefs of their races superiority over another. Even the kingdom she served pushed it to a limit...But she shouldn't have stated anything she just said. What right did a maid have to say such things against not only her kingdom by the others? She was embarrassed by herself. A Gradian servant isn't suppose to display such emotions..yet here she was pouring her delicate heart out.

____________________________________________________________

Tipsy Dabbler

User Image
❝The greater the loyalty of a group, the greater is the motivation to achieve the goals of the group.❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image

A sigh of relief left the man's lips as his wrists were free of his chains, instantly rubbing them as to get rid of that eerie feel one gets after relieving the pressure of a locked clasp. He stood up, paced for a few to stretch his legs out and double check on his weaponry and armor, but kept his senses focused on the words being exchanged as ideas formulated in his mind to benefit their situation. For a brief moment the thought of transporting himself and the two Shasta princesses out seemed like a good idea to get them away from this mess, but he didn't know where he was exactly, and even a vague description or idea wouldn't help. His power of teleportation is as useless as digging out of here with a spoon. No, maybe the spoon was more useful.

"With what you all say the best approach would be to divide into two groups: a group of hands on fighters that are clad in full armor, and a group of ranged fighters who use abilities to subdue the monster."
    he piped in, his hand instinctively rubbing the facial hair on his chin in thought, drawing out a small knife he had in his pockets for general use and gripping the blunt sides lightly. "And... We dress the royals in full armor, if the monster avoids them, yet seems drawn to appear by knowing that they are here.. It might serve to confuse it whilst keeping them as safe as possible." His eyes drifted to Kora as she said she would like to help, while he understood her position he obviously would prefer her to stay far away from all of this, very very far. Though he did not voice his thoughts, the look on his face would be enough to show his opinion on her partaking in the fight. If the royals might indeed be needed, but they don't have to be fully involved.

He ignored most comments that he found useless, and played about in his head the ones that seemed fruitful, raising a characteristic brow whenever a thought struck him. When he heard the Gradian princess, which he knew as Bashirah thanks to the outburst earlier Tarkan wanted to smack himself, they mentioned that people were previously swallowed and they were in fact still alive, it would be terrible end for them... "Yes, the matter of those within the belly of the beast, do you know what would be their fate should we slay the beast?"

------------- тнe вodygυard -------------

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces