Welcome to Gaia! ::

((OK, they're not back to normal. But at least there's some form of order to it))
((why did my other post disappear?))
User ImageUser Image

Spiteful...XXXXXXarrogantXXXXXX... and αℓσηә.

After beginning his introduction to his "story", Vital paused, closing his eyes. He slowly took a deep breath. He was forcing himself not to change his mind, not to try to just change the subject or something. Releasing the breath, he kept his eyes closed, an expression of troubles upon his pale features.

"So... there was a boy who was taken from his home. His mind, his body, his brain, his soul, his spirit... they were all tampered with, prodded at with cruel instruments. He, as a result, lost any previous memories. After that, at some point, he was raped. The boy then snapped. He escaped, killed everyone in sight -- even if they were innocent -- and continued to kill as he traveled along."

The young man opened his eyes, not feeling any relief at all. He felt worse, and it served only to confuse him. Tilting his head, he messed with his lips and bit his fingers in thought.
Perhaps it was because it brought about bad memories...? he thought to himself, still biting gently upon his fingers. He stopped for a moment, realizing that there was another presence still, and it was right next to him. He could feel the surface elf almost staring.
What did she think? She probably didn't believe him, but... well, he tried. He tried to put faith in those who could die at will, and they fulfilled his expectations -- they didn't believe him. The young man then let out a sigh, beginning to mess with his hands once again.

Vital looked over to Yucale, a blank or unimpressed expression now.

"The end."

User ImageUser Image

Pathetic...XXXXXXartfulXXXXX... and сħαямїηġ.
Yucale realized she had been holding her breath. Could it be true? Was this impossible, horrible tale true? The elf looked into Vital's eyes as he ended his tale, and believed him. She let out a long, shuddering breath and looked away. "Vital, I'm... sorry." Yucale knew her words wouldn't help, but she meant them. She had sen horrible things, but had always held the belief of some sort of justice, in the end. Vital's tale shook her to the core. Yucale knew she would do anything in her power to help him. She just prayed it wasn't too late.
(OMI when will you post?!)
User ImageUser Image

As he stood, Vital heard the surface elf mutter something. Glancing down at her, he simply raised an eyebrow. But, he quickly followed that with his usual cocky smirk.

"You know... your apology's pretty empty to me," he said as blatantly as he could. The experiment then offered a hand to Yucale to help her up. He pulled her up regardless, nearly pulling her past her feet.
But, the young man decided to start to brush dirt off of his pants instead.
"Well, regardless, I figure we've got to find something here, don't we...?" he then muttered to himself as he finished patting himself down.

The boy began to walk, only glancing back at Yucale. But, this time, he wore a dark scowl. "You tell a soul and I won't hesitate to rip your spinal cord out through your throat," he then threatened, a tone to match the expression.
It wasn't that he didn't want anyone to worry about him or any crap, but if people knew that he was truly a freak with the past to match, his lifestyle would become 110% harder. He already had some issues with people, but if the world found out, then he might as well throw himself off a cliff again.
Yes, again. He had attempted suicide several times, but it obviously failed, as he was still walking along.

[Sigh... sorry, but I've been studying for finals. Therefore -- busy as Hell.
That, and don't bump. It bothers me, and it serves absolutely no purpose.]

User ImageUser Image

Yucale steadied herself. Then she rolled her eyes and glared exasperatedly at him. If he didn't want her sympathy, she wouldn't force it on him. But if he continued, she would attempt to rip his spinal cord out HIS throat. Having an immortal around was useful, but his was just torture for both of them. Pointedly not looking at Vital, she headed toward her cave to gather up her equipment and move on. It wasn't that she didn't feel for him, but he was being impossible.
User ImageUser Image

He could feel the glare, but simply shrugged it off. Scowling as he continued to walk along, kicking at rocks and random patches of grass as the surface elf collected her things.

But, as he remained in the self-created silence, the scowl had finally faded off of Vital's face. It was more of a stoic expression as he forced himself to ponder things. If Yucale apologized then followed with a glare, what did that mean...? Or -- it was probably something he said. He had simply told her the truth, because someone feeling sorry for someone else didn't really spur any action. Vital blinked, realizing now that words were more important to some people than actions, especially if it was the sort of situation where action couldn't be taken.
"God damn... son of a..." he muttered to himself, clenching his fists. He would call himself an idiot any day without hesitation, but now he was just plain stupid.

Turning around, the experiment willed his body to continue moving, to stalk back towards the cave. He quickly scaled the rock just as before, and was at the entrance of the cave. Blinking, he watched Yucale for a moment, his fists still clenched.

"Right, uhm..." he began to say, his face flushing. He hadn't done anything like this before, so he felt rather awkward. "S -- oh forget it!" he then continued, throwing his hands in the air. He felt he couldn't do it. Shoving his hands in his pockets, Vital went to simply leave again, muttering to himself. "Factuus, stultis sum!!" he hissed under his breath, bashing himself (in a different language.)
But, before Yucale could even pretend to acknowledge him, if she felt so, he faced her again from across the cave. "I'm sorry!" he blurted before jumping off the rock face.

User ImageUser Image

Yucale went over to peer down at Vital. "Apology accepted," she said, climbing down. "So, now that I know your story and we've got that cleared up and you've stopped biting my head off, are we still traveling together?" Anyway, she wasn't going to need to unpack. They had spent enough time in this area, and she still had her quest. "And I really do feel sorry for what happened to you, but maybe I can help somehow."
User ImageUser Image

Staring upwards at Yucale, Vital retained the usual scowl he wore pretty much... whenever. So, it was nothing special. The young man also felt embarrassed for having to apologize, something he knew he was never going to get used to.

Shoving hands in his pockets as the surface elf spoke to him, Vital forced his gaze downward at the stones he was kicking at. He stopped for a moment, blinking. They were... traveling together? This was news to him, really.

Vital let out a sigh, giving a half-hearted shrug. "Sure, whatever..." he trailed, not speaking directly to Yucale, but he knew she could hear him.
But, if they were going to travel together, where would they end up? And, he didn't even want to begin to think how the Hell some surface elf could help him out. No, that was an argument saved for later, he felt.
"Come on, then," he prompted, beckoning Yucale to come down so they could get going.

User ImageUser Image

Yucale sighed, climbing down the cliff. Apparently he still needed an attitude adjustment. But considering his story, that might not be his fault. Once she got down, she asked, "so where do you think we should go? Do you have any particular quest in this area? Because I came here to investigate the rumors of a rogue drow, or prelude to an army. There are quite a few tales about this particular dark elf."
User ImageUser Image

Yucale's question made the experiment stop, and simply stare at his feet. He didn't know where he wanted to go, but he certainly knew where he didn't want to go. Looking up at the surface elf, he gazed at her for a moment.
"Wherever works..." Vital replied rather dryly. That was all he knew. He needed to head somewhere, since it was safer to be moving about rather than be pinpointed in a particular location, then trapped. He figured that they were looking for him. That, and he did not really want to travel in the direction that he came from...

"A drow, huh...? That's fancy," he commented with an edge of sarcasm. Then again, he was now directly related to the sort of things the drow summoned, monsters and such. Vital let out a sigh, knowing he should at least think about improving his attitude, but he certainly wasn't in the mood for it.

"Either, go ahead and lead the way, 'cuz I got nowhere to go..." the young man then awkwardly admitted, rubbing a hand on the back of his head, rather than his neck. He didn't dare touch the back of his neck, because he knew it was beyond hypersensitive, and it would hurt like crazy if touched. But, being an idiot male, he gingerly touched it, out of slight curiosity, and then doubled over. Attempting to play it off as fixing a dagger sheathed in his boot, Vital stared at the ground as he regained composure.
Damn... that hurt...

User ImageUser Image

User Image
Īs Ŧħәяә...

User Image

»»»XXXXĐяїzz† Đσ'Ǜяđәη ◊◊◊

Wandering through the forest, the drow made a point of studying the wilderness about him. He long ago made the observation that the animals here were certainly not the same as the creatures of the Underdark. The animals of the surface world were shy, and more likely to run away from you, rather than attack you. Well, that was the impression Drizzt got.

Taking a deep breath, the dark elf continued to walk, his sensitive ears ever attuned to the various, strange noises around him. He began to navigate his way back through the valley from Luthien's cottage to his previous cave. He wasn't sure what he was going to do there, but it was a place he knew. He knew where the stream was, the various paths through the trees...

Drizzt had finally made his way back to his cave, but not the entire way. He had watched as the young man from earlier jumped off the rock face, followed by a surface elf. Slinking back into the forest, he was glad he was such a distance away, and was able to spot them. He knew that he wouldn't be able to communicate with them, nor would they understand that he was not like his kin.

What am I going to do now...? he thought to himself, tilting his head. Running a hand through his white locks, the drow decided to keep a distant eye on the pair instead.

...Ħσρә?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces