Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which scent type is your favourite when it comes to candles?

Floral Scents (rose, peony, gardenia etc) 0.2411214953271 24.1% [ 129 ]
Food Scents (vanilla, cinnamon, caramel etc) 0.28971962616822 29.0% [ 155 ]
Earthy Scents (wood, leather, dirt etc) 0.21121495327103 21.1% [ 113 ]
Fresh Scents (linen, seabreeze, etc) 0.25794392523364 25.8% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 535 ]

Dailanie
ORDER IN THE COURT

👀
This seems fun! Rate mine please!
ORDER IN THE COURT!
INNOCENT
GUILTY

Seeker

Dailanie
dreamGlimmer
I just rejoined Gaia and would love a rate for my current avatar as well as my persona! So here's my main...
User Image

Welcome back!
Hopefully you get used to all the changes to the site quickly haha c:
Because you're using mostly older Gaia items I'm gonna be rating you based off of old style Gaia standards c:

7//10
There's not a whole lot going on however you've been really smart with how you've used that background and black hole item! The face definitely needs work though imo. You've got gold shop eyes and a default mouth and so it looks like a very basic avi. I'd definitely recommend a new eyes and mouth and also perhaps a nose to give yourself more character and depth.

Haha thank you! I was going for a sort of Dr. Who-meets-Seraphim kind of vibe. All of this stuff I got randomly since I had an old gift card lying around that I knew I wasn't ever going to use. Really appreciate the advice: I'm guessing the only place to get better eyes/faces is through the marketplace? And I can't do that until my account is 3 days old I think.

Dailanie
User Image
dreamGlimmer
And here's my persona smile
What do you think?
User Image

I legit didn't even know Personas were a thing so this is all new to me haha

7//10
Same critique for this avatar as well where the face looks very plain. She needs more expression and you have so many makeup options available to you that you should be able to create a really beautiful dynamic face for her. In this avi though I would say the background is actually working AGAINST you colour wise. Her hat and clothing is blending in a bit too much so I would go for either a different shade of red OR something like black or a very dark blue

User Image

Yeah, I was torn between just not having a background at all and kind of thinking that the dark and spooky vibe worked for her. I'll work on that--though at the moment, I don't really have anything better I can use lol. Once I can use the marketplace, I might sell some of the duplicates I got from opening the random cash shop packs.

Thank you very much for the critique!

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

~Lost Soul MIRA~
i agree! I honestly love this background so much, too?
plus the true black of it means the teeny off black hands dont get 100% lost lol
User Image

Yesss gotta make sure your teeny tiny hands can be seen!
Which item IS that background from? o:

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Nineteen Eighty-Four
Oooooh, that's beautiful. emotion_kirakira
Your avatar is my avatar's older sister who lives in the meadow of pale blue flowers neighbouring the forest.
It is less warm there, with a cool breeze always whirling down from the mountain spires.
She gave up the throne to concentrate on learning arcane magics.
She only leaves her hut to go to the mountains for ingredients or to travel to the twisting river to perform rituals.

We had problems with a neighbour at the old house and that's why we don't really want to make enemies here. emotion_8c
Someone ended up calling the authorities on them and that bad neighbour thought we did it and blamed us and was terrible for years because of it. emotion_facepalm
Another neighbour admitted to us that they'd actually been the one to call the police and apologized for the whole mess but begged us not to tell the guy.

Our current terrible neighbour actually has quieted down with the parties so maybe we scared him when we confronted him?
If it gets really bad we will feel obligated to report him though, of course. We're just really hoping it doesn't come to that.

Of course I don't mind people having parties (in normal circumstances) and enjoying having people over and having fun.
It's just when it gets past a certain time of night and it's a residential neighbourhood you think common sense would take over and people would be considerate.
You sound like a good neighbour to have, unlike the guy I am complaining about.

-covers you in a pile of kittens-
User Image

I should just throw every single item I've ever made at you so you can make up more backstories haha
I love that User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

People need to get over themselves :L
I'd only be understanding of him being upset if you had called the authorities over some RIDICULOUS uncalled for reason, but legitimate noise complaints are just that - LEGITIMATE.
Kinda sad of the neighbour not to own up to the guy that it was them and not you, however I do totally understand them not wanting to just have his wrath turned on them :L
Hopefully he has been scared into being quiet.

I'm mostly a good neighbour because I know how annoying it is to have my sleep interrupted lmao.
I had to go OFF at a group of my husband's friends a few months ago because they were all over for a party and being super loud at like 1am.
I was inside trying to sleep because 1. I had work the next day and 2. I don't like drinking with his friends, and they were just absolutely SCREAMING at each other and trying to re-create songs and viral videos.
It was horrendous and I had to go outside in my bloody PJs and tell them to shutup or leave lol

-drowns in kittens-
ahhhh what a way to die gonk

User Image

Devoted Lunatic

OMG... This gem is still up and running?! heart heart heart

I'll take an ORDER IN THE COURT!: to kick this of.
Because... I'm rusty as F when it comes to just a human based avi sweatdrop

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Goat Crack
ORDER IN THE COURT
👀
User Image

I HAVE NOT SEEN A GOOD OL' FASHIONED ITEM EXPLOSION AVATAR LIKE THIS IN AGES AND I LOVE IT!
Seriously, I feel like I'm ON goat crack when looking at this, cause I MUST be high lol

9//10
The ONLY thing I wish this avi had was perfectly rounded OR sharp edged corners. I love that it's so crazy and chaotic but it would also be so cool if the sides/corners around the avis were perfectly symmetrical to one another and like a perfect box to keep the avi in haha

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Yang Xhaio Long
ORDER IN THE COURT!
INNOCENT
GUILTY
User Image

Heya how are you emotion_yatta

7//10
This is such a cute little magical girl and makes me really want to go back and re-watch all of Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura haha

I really like how you've worked the shooting star lower leg glow into the background to create a very 'magical transformation' kind of backdrop. I also love how the skirt has the perfect amount of flow and motion to it c:

Your face is a little bland and I think it's mostly the mouth. I think this would look a lot nice with a mouth like the Sweet Talker mouth (first pose) to really put a lot of joy and glee into your face. I also think you need a little bit of pink/purple in the neck area, perhaps by using User Image or User Image that you can buy from Ruby's Rack?

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

dreamGlimmer
Haha thank you! I was going for a sort of Dr. Who-meets-Seraphim kind of vibe. All of this stuff I got randomly since I had an old gift card lying around that I knew I wasn't ever going to use. Really appreciate the advice: I'm guessing the only place to get better eyes/faces is through the marketplace? And I can't do that until my account is 3 days old I think.

Yeah, I was torn between just not having a background at all and kind of thinking that the dark and spooky vibe worked for her. I'll work on that--though at the moment, I don't really have anything better I can use lol. Once I can use the marketplace, I might sell some of the duplicates I got from opening the random cash shop packs.

Thank you very much for the critique!
User Image

You're very welcome!
Ahhh yes, you will need to purchase them from the MP so will have to wait for your trading pass, but well done on creating what you have no just from random items before you've even had a chance to check the MP! c:

There's a lot of options in the MP so I would just use keywords like 'eyes' 'nose' 'mouth' and then filter it by price to see all you can grad which is affordable c:

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Sineaed
OMG... This gem is still up and running?! heart heart heart

I'll take an ORDER IN THE COURT!: to kick this of.
Because... I'm rusty as F when it comes to just a human based avi sweatdrop

User Image
User Image

I'm always gonna be here, can't get me out of the AT that easily emotion_awesome

8//10
It IS very strange seeing you with a human avi and not a scenic one haha I think the only thing I can critique would be that the head and body look like they are part of separate avis. They're both beautiful by themselves but don't marry perfectly together.

The head is VERY detailed and has a sort of muted/fuzzy effect because of that puff of breath, and also is very pale with a lot of white and only a small amount of seabreeze/gold. The body on the other hand is less detail oriented with a lot of smooth texture (especially in the dress down the middle) and has more green than white so is a lot darker. The peach tones at the bottom as well while beautiful it doesn't link to the head at all.

It's gorgeous none the less, but I do think some links should be drawn to sort of blend the two sections in a little more to make this seamless from head to toe

User Image

Devoted Lunatic

Dailanie
I'm always gonna be here, can't get me out of the AT that easily emotion_awesome

8//10
It IS very strange seeing you with a human avi and not a scenic one haha I think the only thing I can critique would be that the head and body look like they are part of separate avis. They're both beautiful by themselves but don't marry perfectly together.

The head is VERY detailed and has a sort of muted/fuzzy effect because of that puff of breath, and also is very pale with a lot of white and only a small amount of seabreeze/gold. The body on the other hand is less detail oriented with a lot of smooth texture (especially in the dress down the middle) and has more green than white so is a lot darker. The peach tones at the bottom as well while beautiful it doesn't link to the head at all.

It's gorgeous none the less, but I do think some links should be drawn to sort of blend the two sections in a little more to make this seamless from head to toe

User Image

Everyone who agrees that this avi shows it has been yonks since I made a human based: please raise your hand!
*raises bother herself*

It does show, doesn't it? rofl
I made it my goal to get the hang of the human base again 'cause I used to make some decent monsters~

wants to make a monster, has been WAY to long

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Sineaed

Everyone who agrees that this avi shows it has been yonks since I made a human based: please raise your hand!
*raises bother herself*

It does show, doesn't it? rofl
I made it my goal to get the hang of the human base again 'cause I used to make some decent monsters~

wants to make a monster, has been WAY to long

User Image
User Image

Haha for your first human base avatar in THAT long though you did amazingly!
Also your avi right now is PERFECTION.
I love it so much it's ridiculous, you do scenic avatars way too well

User Image
Dailanie
hiimbeary
oh nice haha, i was thinking maybe they're OCs that were based on avatars, or you made an avatar of an OC or something similar x) you've collected some lovely art, i really like your profile ♥
yeah it's a great set, and i think is actually pretty versatile! i've used the flower crown pose a buncha times, and the overskirt of course works great for elegant avatars
i hate that i like so many of the schemes here lol, i see new items and i'm like yeah i can use that, i can use this too --oh no my money User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ahah, i've done that as well lol...had to cull my friends list a few times when i got random requests and somehow felt bad about declining even though i'd literally never spoken to the person
User Image

I honestly never intended for them to be OCs or anything like that. They were just my 2 favourite avatars that people loved as well and started making stories for haha
The overskirt is used in so many of my avatars it's so lovely. I know how you feel!
Every time a new colour scheme comes out that I like I cry because I know I'm going to want 90% of what comes out haha

I now need to go on another cull because of all the requests I accepted before lockdown and I just don't know them emotion_facepalm

User Image

ooh i getcha! it's so nice when they evolve naturally like that, i have a few avatars that i kind of thought of as characters, but i never did much to develop them or anything emotion_facepalm

and also missing the original of an item haha, there were a couple of gorgeous items lately that i missed because i was busy, or forgot to log in or something like that (military genius, eye am baby) and i was absolutely kicking myself emotion_donotwant

haha, best of luck - i also have a strange worry that they'll see that i removed them and ask why...but it's never happened so it must not have been a big deal in the first place x)

clockworkzog's Prince

Feral Humorist

15,825 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Dailanie
~Lost Soul MIRA~
i agree! I honestly love this background so much, too?
plus the true black of it means the teeny off black hands dont get 100% lost lol
User Image

Yesss gotta make sure your teeny tiny hands can be seen!
Which item IS that background from? o:

User Image
Ursine Major Arcana! it's a very good item for me, as a person, lol. its so bizarre
Dailanie
Yang Xhaio Long
ORDER IN THE COURT!
INNOCENT
GUILTY
User Image

Heya how are you emotion_yatta

7//10
This is such a cute little magical girl and makes me really want to go back and re-watch all of Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura haha

I really like how you've worked the shooting star lower leg glow into the background to create a very 'magical transformation' kind of backdrop. I also love how the skirt has the perfect amount of flow and motion to it c:

Your face is a little bland and I think it's mostly the mouth. I think this would look a lot nice with a mouth like the Sweet Talker mouth (first pose) to really put a lot of joy and glee into your face. I also think you need a little bit of pink/purple in the neck area, perhaps by using User Image or User Image that you can buy from Ruby's Rack?

User Image

I really like that mouth item. Thanks! I like the neck ribbon idea too. I would not have thought about that mouth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff