Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which scent type is your favourite when it comes to candles?

Floral Scents (rose, peony, gardenia etc) 0.2411214953271 24.1% [ 129 ]
Food Scents (vanilla, cinnamon, caramel etc) 0.28971962616822 29.0% [ 155 ]
Earthy Scents (wood, leather, dirt etc) 0.21121495327103 21.1% [ 113 ]
Fresh Scents (linen, seabreeze, etc) 0.25794392523364 25.8% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 535 ]

High-functioning Witch

37,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
Dailanie
User Image

Holy s**t, these voles are ******** INSANE!
Have you and your mum thought more about getting a proper exterminator in to sort them out??
This sounds like an infestation and a half I'm so sorry D:

User Image

I've been calling them "friggin' lawn rats" instead of voles. It sums up my feelings towards them. lol
There hasn't been any new damage to the plants since Sunday so we think that the traps are working. If we have a resurgence we may call a professional though.
It's just the most disappointing thing. We moved to this house in 2017 and this was the first year our perennials should have flowered nicely.
We were really looking forward to enjoying our garden this summer and then RODENT APOCALYPSE. emotion_donotwant

Let's stop talking about my suffering. How are things going with you?
Dailanie
hiimbeary
Dailanie

I challenge you to make a toxic or venomous avi!
- You can ONLY use the following 4 colours: Toxic Green, Purple, Black, and White
- You must use green, black, and white, but the purple is an optional addition.
- It cannot be witch themed
- There must be at least 15 items used on your avi

okey, i think i am satisfied with this haha

theme: ghoul's instagram
User Image

item list:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

some ramblings/thoughts:
so ngl, my first thought was "oh no, i never use venomous" - but that's sort of the point of a challenge after all User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i had a lot of fun after i got over my initial concern of how i was going to handle the scheme; luckily the colours worked with this headless combo i've used before, mashing together Corrosive Headless Rider & Sticky Icky Blood to create a ghostly look which let me fulfill the 'not witch themed' requirement

there is a bit of cheating going on in that some of the makeup isn't strictly toxic green/plum purple, but i think it's not obvious because they're slightly obscured, so hopefully that doesn't disqualify me lol (as well as the smoke from Malevolent Summon, which is black but...translucent? ok now i'm just making excuses)

i could go on for a while about why i chose the items i did, but i think i'll cap this off by saying there were a few that didn't make the cut; i was struggling to find a head accessory that didn't break the headlessness [edit: i'm only just realizing i could've used Cloak of Invisibility, but i'm gonna pretend that i didn't have it this whole time emotion_facepalm ], and although i finally located one (the hair clip from Just Shhh/Just Don't Speak), i thought it looked out of place.
i also toyed with framing the avatar using Knit Snip Buck, but leaving the bg blank didn't seem impactful, and adding one in would've just muddied the details of the head

finally, thank you for issuing the challenge, i hope you like the result and i might will probably be back to ask for more >D !

User Image

OOH THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!
Totally was not expecting this theme to come from it but it's so good and unique!! Also the flow and movement of that skirt + the smoke tendrils is amaziiiiing

I love seeing what people do with my challenges emotion_dowant

User Image

aaa thank you User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
after posting it, i was thinking that maybe the bald look was too jarring, but i'm glad you like it!

haha yayy then i will definitely be back for another at some point emotion_kirakira

also not to be...nosy haaaa but i have to agree on your earlier post, once i started using more facial features on my avatar (nose, facial definition etc) it was like a world of difference, i can't go back to having a plain blank avatar face anymore! it feels so weird lol

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Calelith
How goes things?

Also, as I feel rather inquisitive today, can I get a ORDER IN THE COURT!, REHABILITATION, and ESCAPEE.
User Image

Things are pretty s**t at the moment tbh lol
I had a friend pass away a few nights ago so I'm currently just trying to keep my mind on other things so I'm drowning myself in Gaia

9//10
You know I always love your avis haha The only thing I could say is that the body blends into itself quite a bit (just cause the pants and top don't really have a separating factor) but otherwise it's amazing as usual with so much character.

We can definitely rehab you today c:

You escaped using all the MacGyver skill you could muster. Being imprisoned in the middle of the jungle meant that your captors didn't exactly have the best materials to use for your cells. The only things they could find to use for imprisonment were palm fronds, vines, and loose sticks. Although they were thorough and made sure those vine ties were TIGHT it still wasn't the hardest thing in the world to break out of, I mean...come on.
In order to get past the guards you had to file one of the sticks down to point in order to use it as a makeshift spear, stabbing it in their direction, puncturing those who dared to come too close. Forced to retreat, the guards could only watch as you hightailed it away, out of their camp and away from their ridiculous prison quality...

User Image

clockworkzog's Prince

Feral Humorist

15,825 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Dailanie
User Image

We can only hope and educate .
Exactly! I'm sorry but your personal and professional life can ONLY be separated and kept apart when one is not ABSOLUTELY detrimental to the other.A racist in their personal life is a racist in their professional and vice versa.
It's awful to think that basic healthcare is so different for people based on their ethnicity but it is very real and very much so a problem.

You're welcome bb!
I do love the rose so don't you worry about that c; I need to use that item somehow sometime but I have NOTHING of 'old gaia' that has that same texture and shading to it lmao
THE CABBAGE PATCH KIDS ARE GONNA GETCHA!

User Image
For sure, yeah. sweatdrop
DEFINITELY!! And they deserve to be, for lack of a better term, called out and forced to address it.
It is, truly. not even just with physicians, but also insurance companies and whatnot too, it's insane and unjust as hell

I feel that, i actually like its texture! I kind of wish more new items had more texture, imo sweatdrop probably an unpopular one but even so
PLZ NO DSJHFGK

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Nineteen Eighty-Four
I've been calling them "friggin' lawn rats" instead of voles. It sums up my feelings towards them. lol
There hasn't been any new damage to the plants since Sunday so we think that the traps are working. If we have a resurgence we may call a professional though.
It's just the most disappointing thing. We moved to this house in 2017 and this was the first year our perennials should have flowered nicely.
We were really looking forward to enjoying our garden this summer and then RODENT APOCALYPSE. emotion_donotwant

Let's stop talking about my suffering. How are things going with you?
User Image

Damn those friggin' lawn rats!
I will pray to the gods to make your rodent problem disappear, even if it takes a human sacrifice! emotion_donotwant

Not 100% with me unfortunately!
My friend passed away a couple nights ago and I'm now just at home for a week. Just trying to keep myself busy with anything OTHER than work or my friend so yeeeeah.

But thankfully my cats have been super sweet since it happened so I guess they can sense it and are making me feel better (:

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

hiimbeary
after posting it, i was thinking that maybe the bald look was too jarring, but i'm glad you like it!

haha yayy then i will definitely be back for another at some point emotion_kirakira

also not to be...nosy haaaa but i have to agree on your earlier post, once i started using more facial features on my avatar (nose, facial definition etc) it was like a world of difference, i can't go back to having a plain blank avatar face anymore! it feels so weird lol
User Image

Noo not too jarring! Really good actually c:
I think because it's not the stock standard beige skin tone it doesn't look as in your face which is good.
Usually bald heads are hard for me to like on most avis.

Yay, I can't wait emotion_dowant

YES YOU GET IT! I look back at my old avis before noses were really a thing and they're SOOOO WEIRD LOOKING!
I remember I used to be so against noses and now I really can't imagine my avis without them. I think I'm much more open to having 'different' facial details as well.
Doesn't just have to be super wide kawaii eyes and lipstick lips anymore

User Image
Dailanie
hiimbeary

User Image

Noo not too jarring! Really good actually c:
I think because it's not the stock standard beige skin tone it doesn't look as in your face which is good.
Usually bald heads are hard for me to like on most avis.

Yay, I can't wait emotion_dowant

YES YOU GET IT! I look back at my old avis before noses were really a thing and they're SOOOO WEIRD LOOKING!
I remember I used to be so against noses and now I really can't imagine my avis without them. I think I'm much more open to having 'different' facial details as well.
Doesn't just have to be super wide kawaii eyes and lipstick lips anymore

User Image

oh that's good haha. i don't think i've ever made a properly bald avatar before but i feel like i also wouldn't be used to it gonk
ahh your current avatar's so pretty, verdigris is chef's kiss

haha, it's kinda fun looking back, i used to be the same and now if my avatar doesn't have a full face o' slap then i'm just like...ehhh it's too basic
the variety has really improved over time!

also not to keep creeping on your convo but my condolences, i hope you're taking care of yourself ♥

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

~Lost Soul MIRA~
For sure, yeah. sweatdrop
DEFINITELY!! And they deserve to be, for lack of a better term, called out and forced to address it.
It is, truly. not even just with physicians, but also insurance companies and whatnot too, it's insane and unjust as hell

I feel that, i actually like its texture! I kind of wish more new items had more texture, imo sweatdrop probably an unpopular one but even so
PLZ NO DSJHFGK
User Image

I haven't heard any news about things de-escalating in America just yet so I wonder how long we'll see the protests and riots continuing.

Your avi now btw is very lovely emotion_kirakira

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

hiimbeary
oh that's good haha. i don't think i've ever made a properly bald avatar before but i feel like i also wouldn't be used to it gonk

haha, it's kinda fun looking back, i used to be the same and now if my avatar doesn't have a full face o' slap then i'm just like...ehhh it's too basic

also not to keep creeping on your convo but my condolences, i hope you're taking care of yourself ♥
User Image

I think the avi heads are so big as well that without hair to look like it's padding it up it just looks awkward lmao.
I really love verdigris but I wasn't 100% on that avi emotion_facepalm
I liked it but SOMETHING was off with it so I've shelved it for now haha

I even tried to make a realistic avi of myself (and I don't wear any makeup at all) and when I looked at the naked face with JUST eyes, lips, and nose I was like noooo IT NEEDS MORE! It ended up not being realistically me at all lol

Thank you lovely
I'm taking it one day at a time and I'll be fine emotion_hug

User Image
Dailanie
hiimbeary

User Image

I think the avi heads are so big as well that without hair to look like it's padding it up it just looks awkward lmao.
I really love verdigris but I wasn't 100% on that avi emotion_facepalm
I liked it but SOMETHING was off with it so I've shelved it for now haha

I even tried to make a realistic avi of myself (and I don't wear any makeup at all) and when I looked at the naked face with JUST eyes, lips, and nose I was like noooo IT NEEDS MORE! It ended up not being realistically me at all lol

Thank you lovely
I'm taking it one day at a time and I'll be fine emotion_hug

User Image

i think you're right, it's the chibi style of the avatars that needs some hair to balance it out c:
aha, i know the feeling. i thought it was lovely but i've saved outfits that i wasn't satisfied with, to work on later

lool, i'm the same. at most i'll put on some eyeliner but not every day, and i dress so plainly that whenever i tried to make an avatar of myself it just looked boring User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

that's good, sometimes that's just what you can do emotion_hug

High-functioning Witch

37,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
Dailanie
User Image

Damn those friggin' lawn rats!
I will pray to the gods to make your rodent problem disappear, even if it takes a human sacrifice! emotion_donotwant

Not 100% with me unfortunately!
My friend passed away a couple nights ago and I'm now just at home for a week. Just trying to keep myself busy with anything OTHER than work or my friend so yeeeeah.

But thankfully my cats have been super sweet since it happened so I guess they can sense it and are making me feel better (:

User Image

Your avatar is beautiful! emotion_kirakira

I've said that exact thing (damning the lawn rats) three or four times... a day... recently. lol

The a*****e whose house backs onto our backyard keeps inviting tons of friends over, not social distancing, and having parties. emotion_facepalm
Pretty sure he's going to catch Covid-19 eventually, since over 40% of new cases in Ontario are people in the 20-30 age group (which he's also in).
So we could always use him... emotion_awesome
Honestly though, I hope he doesn't catch it. He's stupid but he doesn't deserve that and the health system doesn't need the burden.
I am just embarrassed that people my age are being such morons. There are still 200+ new cases a day and they just don't care. emotion_donotwant

I'm so, so sorry for your loss! I'm currently wrapping a virtual blanket around you and giving you a virtual hot cocoa.
Also, there is now a pile of virtual kittens on your lap to go with your other floofs. emotion_bigheart
I know I can't do much since we're in totally different countries but I'm here if you need someone to talk to. emotion_hug

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

hiimbeary
i think you're right, it's the chibi style of the avatars that needs some hair to balance it out c:
aha, i know the feeling. i thought it was lovely but i've saved outfits that i wasn't satisfied with, to work on later

lool, i'm the same. at most i'll put on some eyeliner but not every day, and i dress so plainly that whenever i tried to make an avatar of myself it just looked boring User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Chibi style exactly lol
I just bought a tonne more verdigris items so it'll probably make another appearance soon haha

Saaaaaame!
I only dress up for work but even then I do nothing with my makeup or hair so it's just a nice outfit.

emotion_hug

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Nineteen Eighty-Four
Your avatar is beautiful! emotion_kirakira

I've said that exact thing (damning the lawn rats) three or four times... a day... recently. lol

The a*****e whose house backs onto our backyard keeps inviting tons of friends over, not social distancing, and having parties. emotion_facepalm
Pretty sure he's going to catch Covid-19 eventually, since over 40% of new cases in Ontario are people in the 20-30 age group (which he's also in).
So we could always use him... emotion_awesome
Honestly though, I hope he doesn't catch it. He's stupid but he doesn't deserve that and the health system doesn't need the burden.
I am just embarrassed that people my age are being such morons. There are still 200+ new cases a day and they just don't care. emotion_donotwant

I'm so, so sorry for your loss! I'm currently wrapping a virtual blanket around you and giving you a virtual hot cocoa.
Also, there is now a pile of virtual kittens on your lap to go with your other floofs. emotion_bigheart
I know I can't do much since we're in totally different countries but I'm here if you need someone to talk to. emotion_hug
User Image

Thank you!
I've been getting into opalescent colours recently so made this little fairy to match!
I'm your distant cousin from a faraway kingdom lol

Omigoood we had the same thing when we were in lockdown!
Our neighbours were having so many people over and I was getting so frustrated.
It's ridiculous how many people are just NOT TAKING COVID SERIOUSLY!
Do you guys have any regulations in place where you could report him for the gatherings he's having?

Thank you heart
Honestly it's just really nice having people to keep me occupied and to talk to, even if you're on the other side of the world.
Thank you for always being here ready to give virtual floofs and cocoa emotion_hug

User Image
Dailanie
hiimbeary

User Image

Chibi style exactly lol
I just bought a tonne more verdigris items so it'll probably make another appearance soon haha

Saaaaaame!
I only dress up for work but even then I do nothing with my makeup or hair so it's just a nice outfit.

emotion_hug

User Image

oh yay! i'll look forward to seeing your revamped verdi avatar whee

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

hiimbeary
oh yay! i'll look forward to seeing your revamped verdi avatar whee
User Image

I'm really vicing with my current avi at the moment so I'm probs gonna have this on for ages and neglect to change it lol

Also yay for friends redface

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas