Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I feel as though I should not have to say this but I am going to say it anyway. Please read the F.A.Q before asking questions. If you do not use the form I will ignore you no matter how good your art is.

**This thread is best viewed with Google Chrome + Better Gaia**
User Image
User Image

User Image
═════════════════════════════════
oo1 :: Table of Contents / Introduction
oo2 :: F.A.Q
oo3 :: How to Apply
oo4-6 :: Characters to draw
oo7 :: The rest of my characters
oo8 :: Received art
oo9 :: Links and such

═════════════════════════════════════

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Q :: What kind of art are you looking for?
A :: I'm looking for HIGH QUALITY art in many styles. I will always be more interested in realism and less in Anime. I will only purchase chibi art if it is for an Avi.

Q :: But this picture *frantically points* is anime/chibi!
A :: I have friends who draw anime or chibi styled art. I may have gotten it from them as a gift or hired them for it. It may also be a style that is unique and detailed or it may have been extremely cheap. I don't always turn down anime artists, if you think you're special, give it a shot.

Q :: I only do traditional work, is that okay?
A :: Absolutely! I love traditional art every bit as much as digital. However it needs to be scanned and clean, not photographed and never on lined paper.

Q :: Why do you buy this art?
A :: I need art of my characters for any RP threads I'm in. As an artist I understand how it feels to have your work stolen and though many great roleplayers use images from the internet, I refuse to do so. I'd rather have art that truly reflects my characters and was done for or by me, not stolen.

Q :: Do you do art trades?
A :: Yes. Art trades are currently CLOSED. Please see the "how to apply" for details.

Q :: Do you do Auctions?
A :: No. I do not bid in auctions unless they are for my friends.

Q :: Do you do RL commissions?
A :: Sometimes, but unfortunately RL commissions are currently CLOSED. Keep in mind that I will never pay real money for AVI ART, CHIBI art, or ANIME of any kind.

Q :: Can I join the Role-plays?
A :: Sure! Every character has a link to the RP they are from. Take a look if you're interested.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Applying to draw for me is easy!! Simply fill out the following form and POST it here in the thread. If you're looking for Art Trades or RL commissions please see the instructions below.
Hit the spoiler for the form.

[quote="xx I met my fate xx"][/quote]
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/snakeflame/media/thread layouts/Ignite me/fate22-1.png.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/snakeflame/thread layouts/Ignite me/fate22-1.png[/IMG][/URL][size=11]
[color=#ff0089]Username:[/color] Put that here
[color=#ff951a]Samples:[/color] No less than 2 and they MUST have people in them. Gallery is okay.
[color=#0ba500]Prices:[/color] Give me your prices or tell me to price you.
[color=#0065fc]Desired Subject:[/color] What character/avi do you want to draw?
[color=#ff0089]Critique:[/color] May I post my opinion of the piece here when I show it off?
[color=grey][b]Together we'll go out in a blaze of glory![/b][/color]

When you're done it will look like this:
User Image
Username: xx Herp Derp xx
Samples: Sample LINKS here OR a link to a gallery.
Prices: Put your pricing here.
Desired Subject: I'd like to draw Herpina.
May I Critique?: See This Post to see what I mean.
Together we'll go out in a blaze of glory!

══════════════════════════════════════════
For art trades simply put how much art you want from me in return. Samples of my work can be found Here.
For RL commissions give me a LINK to your commissions page or journal.
══════════════════════════════════════════

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User ImageI'll be rotating different characters in and out as I get sufficient art of each one. To see their journal which contains their character profile and more information about them as well as more images please click their sidebar.
Many people don't see the point of having customized art of their characters. They believe that a better path is to just find images on the internet. Personally I don't believe in doing that, I feel that it is stealing and I'd rather have art that truly does represent my characters. Each of my characters is different and I love art of any of them.

Please look around and feel free to ask any questions you may have. You are not limited to the characters currently being featured in this thread, if you'd rather draw another character or an avi just say so in your form. I always prefer to give artists something they'll enjoy drawing rather than something they feel obligated to draw.

User ImageUser Image
Skin: Very pale
Hair: Black - In a wrist thick braid to her knees with Parted Bangs
Eyes: Red with slit pupils
Distinguishing marks: Slight freckling over her nose, This Scar on her stomach.
Facial Features:Ref
The real person she most resembles is Christina Ricci
Build: Slender, petite
Clothing:Uniform
Casual
Accessories:This bracelet In SILVER/pewter not gold.
This necklace
4 small silver hoops in her right ear, 5 in her left.
Weapons and other:Chainblade Usually just hanging looped on her belt. 8 feet long tip to tip.
Short swords 2, one on each hip, approx 14 inches long from tip to bottom.
Throwing Daggers 4 across chest, approximately 5 inches long.
Personality: Generally Namea is cheerful and friendly to everyone she meets. She can be deadly but more often than not she's just a goofball. She is never a character that should be drawn provocatively unless I specifically ask for that.
═════════════════════════════════User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image
Skin: Dark tan
Hair: Dark brown, nearly black - In a multitude of braids that all reach her waist in length and end with small beads.
Eyes: Grey
Distinguishing marks: 3 triangular tattoos on her right cheek that cover scars
Lash scars on her back.
Facial Features: Not beautiful and usually at least a little dirty. She has freckles across her nose.
The real person she most resembles is a young Chandra Wilson or a not-as-pretty Rhianna.
Build: Curvy with rounder hips than bust. NOT SUPER SKINNY.
Clothing: This outfit
Same outfit
She can also be seen wearing a knee length dusty brown overcoat in cold weather.
Accessories: 8 Piercings in each ear
Weapons and other:Her sword
Personality: Quiet, steady, fiercely loyal, generally friendly and easygoing, posesses untapped leadership qualities, morally grey as far as stealing goes, likes money and women.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image
Skin: Light Olive
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Light brown
Distinguishing marks: Tattoo around her right bicep
Facial Features: Thin narrow features. More handsome than beautiful.
The Real person she most resembles is Sasha Alexander
Build: Tall and slender, nearly boyish but with decent hips.
Clothing: Black, white, or grey tank tops, jeans,plain teeshirts, black combat boots.
Casual, she doesn't mind showing a little skin either. NEVER GIRLY.
Uniform
Accessories: Badge usually on a cord around her neck.
Weapons and other: Standard issue police pistol.
Personality: Good natured and easily amused. Loud and tough but with a good heart. She's a cop so she believes in the law and follows it at all times. She's also a smoker, though she's trying to quit. Loves the ladies, not at all interested in men.
[User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
User Image
Skin: Very dark brown
Hair: Black with bits of green and brown in it - Usually down to her waist or in a braid.
Eyes: Brown with green flecks
Distinguishing marks: Changing tattoos all over her body.
Facial Features: Strong features that would look Native american by our standards.
The real person she most resembles is Brenda Schad (but with much darker skin).
Build: Fairly athletic
Clothing: Tribal attire, clothing design can be left up to the artist.
Accessories: Artistic discretion
Weapons and other: A double sided spear that is purely ornamental, not functional.
Personality: Naive, kind, earthy, and nearly childish. She loves the earth and every creature on it. She does not actually fight and the spear is only ornamental. Spilling blood is in her mind something to abhor and she would never do it unless forced.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image
Skin: Peachy and freckled
Hair: Bright bubblegum pink and always in pigtails
Eyes: Lavender
Distinguishing marks: White wings
Facial Features: Sweet and innocent looking with round eyes.
The real person she most resembles is Abigail Breslin when she was a child.
Build: Average for a 7 year old
Clothing: White overall dress with lavender blouse and lacy lavender socks with white mary - janes.
Accessories: Lavender bows in her hair
Weapons and other: None
Personality: Tiki has the playful personality of a normal 7 year old girl. She is sweet, sometimes stubborn, and very hyper. She loves playing outside or doing arts and crafts. She hates reading, math, and cooking.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image
Skin: Olive
Hair: naturally black, usually dyed purple
Eyes: Purple
Distinguishing marks: None
Facial Features: Fairly average looking with a narrow nose and tilted eyes.
Build: Average
Clothing: Casual
Uniform
Accessories: One piercing in each ear
Weapons and other: Occasionally she carries a decorative prop scythe
Personality: Mischevious and friendly. She's generally quiet until you get to know her. Then you wish she'd stayed quiet. She's curious about everything and everyone.

User Image

User Image
Skin: Greenish-greyish-white
Hair: White
Eyes: Dark yellow scelera, bright orange iris, dark orange pupil
Distinguishing marks: White eyelashes and hair, larger pupils and irises than humans, longer fingers, catlike foot structure, bony ridges all over body
Facial Features: No nose bridge as seen in image. Thin noble looking features for the most part with bony ridges.
Build: Thinner than humans and rather longer. She's taller than human females.
Clothing: One
Two
Or make up something.
Accessories: None yet
Weapons and other:
No weapons. Could be seen carrying a briefcase, or a tablet looking machine.
Personality: Generally Lita is very serious and quiet. She is diplomatic and responsible to a fault. Friendly but not overly so and not particularly social unless the situation truly calls for it for the sake of diplomacy. She's an ambassador from her home planet.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Each thumbnail will link to a journal entry about the character OR a photobucket album if they don't have a journal entry. You can draw any of the characters that you wish and I'll provide you with any information you want.

NOTE: this thread is not finished yet. Some thumbnails may not yet have links. Ask for info.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

All of this is the awesome art that I've gotten of my characters. Most of it is stuff that is also in the references section. If you'd like to know the name of any particular artist please let me know and I'll be happy to point you in their direction.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Here's a link to this thread:
            User Image
            [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-requests/u-c/t.86958371_1/#1][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/snakeflame/thread layouts/Ignite me/fate23.png[/img][/url]

This is where I got the graphics for this thread:
            User Image

And here are some awesome other threads:
User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image
Don't Feed The Rose Monster!

User Image

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Featured Artist!
This month's featured artist is: Kitsu-Kay-Chan!
You can find her work here: Her shop
Works I've purchased from her:

Why I chose this artist:
Kitsu is not only extremely talented but very sweet. Her work is of a very good quality and it is consistently so. She works with you to make sure your characters come out looking right and her prices are extremely good! She could easily charge more and still get plenty of business but she remains inexpensive so that others can afford her work. I highly recommend this artist! <3

Wanna be my featured artist?
Featured artists not only get a post in this thread, they get featured in my journal here and on DA as well. I also post links to their shops in every art request in which I have permission to do so.

To be my featured artist of the month, all you have to do is have drawn for me at least twice. I choose a new artist each month based on the quality of your work. I'll let you know if you're going to be featured. ^_^

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Favourite Avi art:
I don't often buy avi art but what I do buy or have given to me will go up here:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
xx I met my fate xx

User Image
Username: Copyrighted Looks
Samples: Most recent sample
Prices: Depending on who you want drawn we can work out a price ^u^.
Desired Subject: I would be happy to draw any of the ladies

sorry about posting too early!
xx I met my fate xx

User Image
Username: Walpurgis Night
Samples: DA
Prices: Prices info
Desired Subject: I want to try to draw all of them! I mean they all look awesome~ esp. Lisra, Lerryn, Mahriel, and Neshira

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Copyrighted Looks
xx I met my fate xx

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/snakeflame/thread layouts/Ignite me/fate22-1.png
Username: Copyrighted Looks
Samples: Most recent sample
Prices: Depending on who you want drawn we can work out a price ^u^.
Desired Subject: I would be happy to draw any of the ladies

sorry about posting too early!

No problem. Your style isn't usually what I go for but what are your prices? If they're reasonable I do need references for some characters anyway. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff