Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

Outside of any potentially cunning plans of 'his'/its own going on at work, Skeith isn't quite as low-key as Sora from SIGN happened to be when he was around though.
Still cunning however.

That's what I want to see get cleared up as well at some point, actually.

I would also like to hear more about Bear becoming a well-known and best-selling author where he lives at as well, it could be fun and interesting if done right.

You don't say, I never heard of the expression 'Apples and Onions' before in my life actually.

Which if that's the case may actually lead to yet another unique approach worth watching, depending on who among the Veterans winds up primarily in which spin-off and why the reasons for it actually.
Either way something has happened to Yata after the G.U era, I wonder if we'll ever find out what it is.

That's good to know.

I think Sora's personality was the biggest thing I missed when going from SIGN further into the series.

I wonder who you'd need to contact for that type of information?

Is it bad that when I think of wanting to see stories of .hack characters IRL, most of the characters I'm interested in are the SIGN characters?

I don't recall if I'd heard someone use it before or if I'd just stared using it on my own, but it makes more sense to me since apples and oranges were more similar than they were different where as the things that people tend to use that phrase with seem vastly different.

That's true, if done correctly.

Yeah. I doubt it'll help it's fandom increase much, but it will definitely keep it around.

Kind of like a Spiritual Relative to Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Carribean as far as Wild Cards are concerned, or like a not-quite-as-wise-yet-still-as-resourceful-relative to Skulduggery Pleasant as brought to us by Derek Landy himself either, right?
I mostly wanna see what happens if Haseo's personality was in the same roof as Post-Virus Core Skeith and Sora, and the 3 of them ever get a reason to do more than just work together but also talk about war plans and game plans and war game plans.
It sounds like fun, yes? twisted

That's also another good question, because at the moment I have no idea who we must ask about it.

I don't think I'd blame you in the least for it, though my case is mostly with the R:2/G.U era for the most part, and while the cast of dot hack//Quantum(which is about half of the R:X cast actually) is amazing and welcome, I feel a bit sad that there's only one dot hack Veteran in the whole thing actually which aside from Yata being mentioned, no clues were stated on what happened to many of the others there.

I tend to use the phrase when it comes to describing a Love Goddess like Aphrodite(whom I will never detest outright, believe it or not nor do I want in that manner either.) and a Vegetation and Planting Goddess like Demeter as far as taking care of their Ichor-lines are concerned, I was never quite sure which is which at times.
This phrase you concocted is new to me however.

That's the thing about the 'Certain' Shows, they clearly know what they're doing when it comes to the casts of each of the various series and they strive their hardest to keep in touch with the rest of the Globe.
The Dumbest decisions the crews that brought the dot hack universe has ever done(aside from debatably not ending it at the G.U era but that's a matter for another time I don't wanna touch.) essentially involved cutting off the dot hack universe from the rest of the Globe except for dot hack//Quantum, which a lot of it was Funimation's doing for bringing the main Anime to the Globe at all.

Then again its possible a lot of them did not see the problems happening ahead of time, but I question if they had back-up plans at all going on either after Tokyopop fell apart in The West.

Either way they're gonna have to step up and play nothing short of a Quadruple-A Game and make up for those bad judgement calls at work.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Javier Cross

Kind of like a Spiritual Relative to Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Carribean as far as Wild Cards are concerned, or like a not-quite-as-wise-yet-still-as-resourceful-relative to Skulduggery Pleasant as brought to us by Derek Landy himself either, right?
I mostly wanna see what happens if Haseo's personality was in the same roof as Post-Virus Core Skeith and Sora, and the 3 of them ever get a reason to do more than just work together but also talk about war plans and game plans and war game plans.

That's also another good question, because at the moment I have no idea who we must ask about it.

I don't think I'd blame you in the least for it, though my case is mostly with the R:2/G.U era for the most part, and while the cast of dot hack//Quantum(which is about half of the R:X cast actually) is amazing and welcome, I feel a bit sad that there's only one dot hack Veteran in the whole thing actually which aside from Yata being mentioned, no clues were stated on what happened to many of the others there.

I tend to use the phrase when it comes to describing a Love Goddess like Aphrodite(whom I will never detest outright, believe it or not nor do I want in that manner either.) and a Vegetation and Planting Goddess like Demeter as far as taking care of their Ichor-lines are concerned, I was never quite sure which is which at times.

That's the thing about the 'Certain' Shows, they clearly know what they're doing when it comes to the casts of each of the various series and they strive their hardest to keep in touch with the rest of the Globe.
The Dumbest decisions the crews that brought the dot hack universe has ever done(aside from debatably not ending it at the G.U era but that's a matter for another time I don't wanna touch.) essentially involved cutting off the dot hack universe from the rest of the Globe except for dot hack//Quantum, which a lot of it was Funimation's doing for bringing the main Anime to the Globe at all.

Then again its possible a lot of them did not see the problems happening ahead of time, but I question if they had back-up plans at all going on either after Tokyopop fell apart in The West.

Either way they're gonna have to step up and play nothing short of a Quadruple-A Game and make up for those bad judgement calls at work.

Yeah, pretty much.
I wonder what it would've been like if Sora hadn't lost his memories of his adventures in "the world" and still went on to "the world v.2" I'm really curious how the story would have progressed with that being the case.

Not a clue.

I wonder if my attachment with the SIGN cast is due to the difference in genre?

It's just a turn of phrase that I've used to describe two topics with vast differences, but still maintaining a little similarity. Though I will admit, it's not something often used.

That's true.
Rather odd...but true.

Well, anime in general wasn't as popular a thing back then as it is now, so it's possible that they didn't have any plans for something like that happening.
Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

Yeah, pretty much.
I wonder what it would've been like if Sora hadn't lost his memories of his adventures in "the world" and still went on to "the world v.2" I'm really curious how the story would have progressed with that being the case.

Not a clue.

I wonder if my attachment with the SIGN cast is due to the difference in genre?

It's just a turn of phrase that I've used to describe two topics with vast differences, but still maintaining a little similarity. Though I will admit, it's not something often used.

That's true.
Rather odd...but true.

Well, anime in general wasn't as popular a thing back then as it is now, so it's possible that they didn't have any plans for something like that happening.

He'd feel less like The Lost Child who (re-)stumbled onto 'The World' and more akin to a take on Harry Dresden(Pre-Storm Front on The main Dresden Files novels by Jim Butcher.) that knows what the hell he's doing right from the start, maybe without being brought up by a comrade-at-arms he must fight at some point in his life.(which Ironically Dresden at his Teenage years had to do that, its a long story in itself all the same.)

Who to talk with about it, then?

Who's to say if part of mine with the R:2/G.U era might not stem from the same kind of regards?

Tell me about it, a brand new equation was brought up as a result of what was just uttered.

A lot of people love and appreciate the crews behind the 'Certain' Shows for those facts as a result and with good reason.
We most likely would not be trapped in this mess if it wasn't the case and they manage to accomplish averting most of the above in the first place.

Well if they ever get another chance and we ever get another dot hack Anime or two that's very well-done and takes it to more new levels than even Quantum did, and still avert Shark-jumping with the main events, they ought to give the Spin-off approaches a try in Anime form.
.hack//Versus helps explain which past characters are still playing The World. Kite went on presumably to study languages and work internationally. Excluding Fragment, Piros and Natsume play in every era. .hack//Quantum includes several past characters, including Asta, Iyoten, and Emi. W.B. Yeats/Hokuto has been playing since Fragment, and appears in the Quantum novel. Tanaka may have some connection to a previous series, he may even have been a character. There is a lot we still don't know about first-generation characters, and in some cases they could still be right under our noses.
Solar
.hack//Versus helps explain which past characters are still playing The World. Kite went on presumably to study languages and work internationally. Excluding Fragment, Piros and Natsume play in every era. .hack//Quantum includes several past characters, including Asta, Iyoten, and Emi. W.B. Yeats/Hokuto has been playing since Fragment, and appears in the Quantum novel. Tanaka may have some connection to a previous series, he may even have been a character. There is a lot we still don't know about first-generation characters, and in some cases they could still be right under our noses.

Well if they took the the Spin-off sort of approach like the kind I'm suggesting, perhaps a lot of the others from the first and second generation could have more of their grounds covered.

I have no idea which of the listed 'types' of Spin-offs I listed out would (Original!-)Kite be better-suited for, should he be 'on-screen' in any of them at all actually.
Isn't .hack mainly spinoffs? There are almost 40 sub-series, and only a handful are the "core" of the series.
Solar
Isn't .hack mainly spinoffs? There are almost 40 sub-series, and only a handful are the "core" of the series.

The last I checked, we're lucky people even remember any of the Main series, not just Sign anymore these days.

Did they even made the spin-off light novels available on Amazon to upload for prices yet?
Its not just common courtesies that it be a yes and requested to do at this point, more like its on the 'necessities' list.
So have we returned?

Lupine Labtech

Finished watching .hack//SIGN.

I don't understand a lot of things in it. I think I need to watch all the .hacks xD
*steps into heaven* crying this topic iis so amazing <3
so after reading the epitaph online I also read
this simple understanding of why the world was made in the way it was ^^

When Emma Wielant, the author of the epic poem entitled the Epitaph of Twilight died, Harald Hoerwick wanted to express the love he felt for her in the form of a virtual daughter. To accomplish this task he created the AI Morganna to gather emotional data, from which he hoped the Ultimate AI, Aura, could be born. Designing a game system around Morganna, he disguised her as a MMORPG known as Fragment and sold it to the CC Corporation.

Harald also created eight programs based on the eight phases found in the Epitaph of Twilight. These programs were designed to work together gathering different types of emotional data from humans, which Morganna would store for the sole purpose of being Data Drained. However, Morganna became jealous and began to take measures to prevent Aura's birth - one of these actions was reprogramming the eight Phases under her control, causing them to only collect data on negative emotions.

"It tells of the battle between the Cursed Wave and the armies of light and darkness. The story centers around a human and two half-sprites searching for the Twilight Dragon, who is foretold to have the power to defeat the Cursed Wave. The Twilight Dragon cannot talk, but instead, it speaks to your heart. If the will to be rid of the Cursed Wave is strong enough, the Twilight Dragon will destroy it, but if it isn't, then it will not. Assisting them in their journey to the Wavering Peninsula at the edge of the world, where the Twilight Dragon is rumored to exist, are Fili the White, and Bith the Black, assistants to Apeiron, King of Light, and Helba, Queen of the Dark."

... I rly wanna know about the one sin event now ^^
read some posts back and then figured id post that im reading .hack another birth , its from blackroses point of view in the first game series. its 4 book series not manga and is a nice way to look back on the game i could never beat cuse i didnt get all the disks T^T

ill get to the games agin someday but ive watched all the animes and movies and looked at the manga aswell i havent finished them all
yet but recently ive read the epitaph and harolds notes wich are a rampant mistake to the epitaph and has more to do with aura also

is there anything that goes into detail of the one sin event ^^ thanks
<3 .hack//signs the most. hoorah wavemasters ^^

Fashionable Phantom

9,300 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Vaxir
Finished watching .hack//SIGN.

I don't understand a lot of things in it. I think I need to watch all the .hacks xD

Have you played the games? B/c other than reading the wiki, that's the only way you'll really understand anything unfortunately.

And vis versa... so much SIGN leaks into the original four, it's not even funny. Then there's GU and ROOTs and ughhhhhh

This series is such an investment (but I totally sank my savings to get every game... no regrets)
KitsuneHASH
read some posts back and then figured id post that im reading .hack another birth , its from blackroses point of view in the first game series. its 4 book series not manga and is a nice way to look back on the game i could never beat cuse i didnt get all the disks T^T

ill get to the games agin someday but ive watched all the animes and movies and looked at the manga aswell i havent finished them all
yet but recently ive read the epitaph and harolds notes wich are a rampant mistake to the epitaph and has more to do with aura also

is there anything that goes into detail of the one sin event ^^ thanks

A huge pleasure to meet someone like you by all means, KitsuneHASH.
Is there more we may be able to say?

That Black Box Hoerwick was able to install is not an easy thing to understand beyond the obvious of what we know in side-effects.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff