Welcome to Gaia! ::

Move around like your shoes don't fit! Get on the dance floor it's a...

Giant fecking squid! Sweet jesus! 0.2670598146588 26.7% [ 317 ]
Direct hit! 0.4262847514743 42.6% [ 506 ]
Jesus... he's back and ready to. Kick. Some. a**. 0.16849199663016 16.8% [ 200 ]
Feces! Holy god someone peed on the carpet! 0.13816343723673 13.8% [ 164 ]
Total Votes:[ 1187 ]

Human Weapon
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
eek

What the hell was he thinking?!

7,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Zombie Gunman
Human Weapon
eek

From his facial expression, he either got paid to do that, or he was high.
I don't really mind american dub. It just makes it more easier for me to understand and less to read.
Zombie Gunman
Human Weapon
eek

...wow... eek
I dislike the word Weeaboo, I don't get why people use it, oh well. Anyways

-Do you think some anime fans hate or mildly dislike American or their own country and desperately want to be japanese? Some probly hate or dislike America but really it's the the Government most dislike and the way some of the things are being run here, doesn't mean that they hate all Americans or Shows,ect.. from America or that they want to be Japanese or that Japan is better (some might think so but every country probly has it's good and bad points and there is far worse places to live then America. For those that hate America, American shows,ect...that's their choice but they could be missing out on alot of great things and people and it's their loss

-Why do you think some anime fans idealize Japan so much?
Because it's so different from where and how we life and different things seem more interesting or cool since it's all new to us
- Is this thread's topic crazy and stupid?I don't see the point of this thread really. People are going to like and dislike different things or have different points of view and you can't change it, they have to want to change it themselfs

- A better title for this thread?American Animation: why anime isn't always better and why Japan isn't a perfect place
[rad!ance]
People who want to be Japanese because of anime, frankly, scare me.

I happen to love most dubs. Most of the time I will also watch the Japanese dub after I finish the English version. Sometimes I like the Japanese more, most of the time I prefer English.

English dubs are getting to be way better than they once were, and yet so many people fail to see that.

Amen.
I like anime and Manga and all that stuff but who cares just cause its good TV dosent make a place great. *nods* Tv is just TV and countries are countries you cant compair the two using different things.
I think Japan is cool but probably not everything in Japan is better than the US the US is good in its own way. o-o .
I just like to see Anime in Japanese not English but that dosent make me a total Japanese Freek dose it? I dont think so. o-o

Interesting Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I always wanted to go to Japan even before I got into anime. I always wanted to go and look in the museums and buy souvenirs!!

Interesting Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Kuya Bugas
Zombie Gunman
Human Weapon
eek

...wow... eek

WTH is this???????!!!!!!!!!!!! What a brave man to be out in public like that lol!!

5,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
`Samurai Princess
Kuya Bugas
Zombie Gunman
Human Weapon
eek

...wow... eek

WTH is this???????!!!!!!!!!!!! What a brave man to be out in public like that lol!!

User ImageHAHAHA!!!!! rofl
Cosplayers are the funniest thing on earth.
Have you ever thought that maybe they (Japanese/Chinese) think that the U.S. is wonderful because we have two Disneys'?
The same way that we obsess over Hello Kitty and Naruto, they obsess over Disney stuff. Everyone thinks that Japan or China is a great place because of the things that are exported out of those countries... without looking into documentaries or articles about the way they live over there...

Very good thread btw...
Xolee
Have you ever thought that maybe they (Japanese/Chinese) think that the U.S. is wonderful because we have two Disneys'?
The same way that we obsess over Hello Kitty and Naruto, they obsess over Disney stuff. Everyone thinks that Japan or China is a great place because of the things that are exported out of those countries... without looking into documentaries or articles about the way they live over there...

Very good thread btw...

Yes, but China is getting a lot of heat now since some of their products are toxic.

Jolly Crow's Husbando

10,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Market Browser 100
What the hades does weeodism, or whatever?!?! rolleyes
User Image

Worst Pikacu ever...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff