Welcome to Gaia! ::

Move around like your shoes don't fit! Get on the dance floor it's a...

Giant fecking squid! Sweet jesus! 0.2670598146588 26.7% [ 317 ]
Direct hit! 0.4262847514743 42.6% [ 506 ]
Jesus... he's back and ready to. Kick. Some. a**. 0.16849199663016 16.8% [ 200 ]
Feces! Holy god someone peed on the carpet! 0.13816343723673 13.8% [ 164 ]
Total Votes:[ 1187 ]

iluvalphonse
Delta Pavonis
I'm confused about how Bush got brought up in this... Anime is anime, American otaku are just as ridiculous as their Japanese counterparts.

A lot of my friends prefer Japan more not only because of anime. Some don't even like anime, but they are still obsessed with Japan...and they hate Bush as well as other aspects of America.

C'mon people, you can't just look at Bush and think that is what America is all about. Sure The U.S may have issues like Not Gay marriage and War. But if america was so bad, then why do many people come here to American for a better life.
Zombie Gunman
iluvalphonse
Delta Pavonis
I'm confused about how Bush got brought up in this... Anime is anime, American otaku are just as ridiculous as their Japanese counterparts.

A lot of my friends prefer Japan more not only because of anime. Some don't even like anime, but they are still obsessed with Japan...and they hate Bush as well as other aspects of America.

C'mon people, you can't just look at Bush and think that is what America is all about. Sure The U.S may have issues like Not Gay marriage and War. But if america was so bad, then why do many people come here to American for a better life.

It does provide good jobs and its on the boarders of Mexico and Canada. Japan might also be an economicly sound country, but its harder to access. Their immigrant laws seem a bit more strict. Sure Bush and war aren't what America is about, but alot of people outside the US hates us because that's what they think.
Finally, an intelligent thread on the A/M/C. I strongly believe that "weabooism" must stop.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Response to Questions:
-Do you think some anime fans hate or mildly dislike American or their own country and desperately want to be japanese?
Yes, especially some of the anime fans on this site. For example, many weeaboos replace the word "cute" with the word "kawaii" in an attempt to be Japanese.

-Why do you think some anime fans idealize Japan so much?
Many uneducated anime fans tend to idealize Japan greatly since they are lead to believe that life in Japan is more adventure filled compared to life in America.

- Is this thread's topic crazy and stupid?
No, this is actually the best topic I have seen so far on the A/M/C.

- A better title for this thread?
Sorry, can't think of one.
Well, this made my day. heart

-Do you think some anime fans hate or mildly dislike American or their own country and desperately want to be japanese?

I think it's easy enough to say that a lot of fans do idolize Japan and the Japanese. If they didn't, we wouldn't be hearing stuff like "Omg Naruto is soo kawaii!" This is because 'Kawaii' is the only Japanese word they know, though a select few can also say idiot and damn as well..
And I dislike it a lot, because it comes down to stupidity such as idolizing any asian person they meet - under the impression that they s**t gold or something. You get Asian assfaces as well as American assfaces. Heck. Every race has their own little subset of assfaces.

Because they're shallow? Mostly, they know nothing about the culture. They think it's got cute music and everything revolves around anime, and if they moved there, they'd be considered cool because they're such an anime fan <__<

Uh, no. It's actually put forward great discussion.

Meh. Nothing springs to mind.
i agree, its dumb to wanna be japanese just cause you like a commen drawing style from there.........

Heroic Exhibitionist

I dont hate america due to bad dubs. But I do hate it when americans start turf wars with proud weaboos like me.

LONG LIVE THE WEABO EMPIRE!.

Aged Codger

If you are going through Hell...

It's been known to happen

Lots of anime/manga portrays Japan as great and cool and other sht I guess and that makes people want to be Japanese. well, that's how I see it.

Just crazy enough to work.

Maybe, but I don't have it.

...Just Keep on Going

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items