Welcome to Gaia! ::

Move around like your shoes don't fit! Get on the dance floor it's a...

Giant fecking squid! Sweet jesus! 0.2670598146588 26.7% [ 317 ]
Direct hit! 0.4262847514743 42.6% [ 506 ]
Jesus... he's back and ready to. Kick. Some. a**. 0.16849199663016 16.8% [ 200 ]
Feces! Holy god someone peed on the carpet! 0.13816343723673 13.8% [ 164 ]
Total Votes:[ 1187 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 119 120 121 > >> >>> »|

It is me, or is a lot of the anime fandom against American? It seems like a lot of anime fans think that Japan is the best country in the world and that it is the only country that can make anything good while America makes shitty things and "Ruins" anime. There's a lot of reasons to hate america, but hating it just because it edits and dubs anime is stupid.
So:

-Do you think some anime fans hate or mildly dislike American or their own country and desperately want to be japanese?

-Why do you think some anime fans idealize Japan so much?

- Is this thread's topic crazy and stupid?

- A better title for this thread?

User Image
i love the anime from japan or china but americanism stuff is just dumb. cry cry question question
I love your boards ^_^ They make me think

Do you think some anime fans hate or mildly dislike American or their own country and desperately want to be japanese?
I think they might. If some one was really unhappy with where they lived and were lovers of the Japanese culture then mabye they would really want to be Japanese

They love the media from Japan so they automatically asume the county is a wonderful place

nope

can't think of one...

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
so many weeaboos here.

Sparkly Lover

9,050 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
The funny fact of the day is that: Most Japanese disney fans want to be American or European.
People who want to be Japanese because of anime, frankly, scare me.

I happen to love most dubs. Most of the time I will also watch the Japanese dub after I finish the English version. Sometimes I like the Japanese more, most of the time I prefer English.

English dubs are getting to be way better than they once were, and yet so many people fail to see that.
I was going to start a thread like this, you beat me! xd
Anyways, I cannot say how mant times I have seen people say that America is such a horrible place, merly because they want to be Japanese.
It is a misguided belief, Japan has it's issues as well. All nations do.
It's not essentially anti-Americanism. It's generally xenophilia and Japanophilia. Now, these things commonly lead to an anti-American or domestiphilia point of view, but not exclusively.
They're weeaboo, for them Japan is the best country in the world, all the other countries are s**t to them.

KAZAKHSTAN POWAH!

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
GilAskan
It's not essentially anti-Americanism. It's generally xenophilia and Japanophilia. Now, these things commonly lead to an anti-American or domestiphilia point of view, but not exclusively.

I agree.
[rad!ance]
People who want to be Japanese because of anime, frankly, scare me.

I happen to love most dubs. Most of the time I will also watch the Japanese dub after I finish the English version. Sometimes I like the Japanese more, most of the time I prefer English.

English dubs are getting to be way better than they once were, and yet so many people fail to see that.

Same here
:3
heart

Eloquent Exhibitionist

1) I have to say that I don't hate America more because of anime... (Publishers on the other hand....>> wink and I always have liked studying different cultures anyway so....but I was born American, and I personally think I have no reason to be apart of Japan society just because I like Anime ^^" And like some have stated before....there are other, more justified reasons imho, to hate America.....

2) It's so much more fun than RL?

3) No! It's nice to have a little debate once in a while 3nodding

4)Ummmmm.......*brain hurts*

5,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

-Do you think some anime fans hate or mildly dislike American or their own country and desperately want to be japanese?
I don't think they really hate their own country, they just want to sound cool by saying that they do, and that Japan is number one in everything they do (which is of course not true at all). Now about wanting to be Japanese...I actually do believe some fans want to be Japanese.

Maybe because they love how different Japan's culture is than their own, and how cool their animated stuff, comics, food, fashion, ect. are. *shrugs*

I don't think this crazy/stupid at all. :3 It needs to be

Can't think of any at the moment. I think it's current title is fine. 3nodding

This is revenge for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Soon, the Japanese superweapon that is fueled by the hearts of American children shall be complete and functioning. Watch out, Nanking. Another rape is coming your way!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff