Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Mister Ward,

Would you ever consider doing a Live Action episode of Adventure Time? If so, who would you pick to play Finn, Princess Bubblegum, and Marceline?

Versatile Explorer

14,775 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
Who's your favorite chara in Adventure Time and why?

Nimble Sex Symbol

10,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
[NPC] Horse

. . .

If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak

(A reference to Firefly)
Hi Pen, I love your show. I just have a few questions for you.

What was the inspiration for Adventure Time?

What made you decide to go in a somewhat different direction with the show than the original Nicktoons pilot?

I heard there might be an Adventure Time video game and I saw some concept sketches. Are you still developing the idea or has production already started?

You also made another Nicktoons pilot, and there's rumor that it was picked up by a studio. Is this true?

Thanks for your time Pen!
Hi Pen,

I was wondering if you've ever considered making Adventure Time into a more adult-oriented cartoon? More explicit innuendo or violence... or do you think that would take away from what you set out to create?

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Are you guys ever going to make any more episodes with Fiona and Cake?

As an artist, what made you want to draw? Have you ever had any troubles trying to achieve what you have achieved so far? And do you have any words of wisdom for any new aspiring artist?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

Wheezing Smoker

The REAL Pendleton Ward
Uhwahl
Any ideas for new characters in the future?
Where did you get the art concept style from?
When you came up with adventure time. Did you ever think it would be as big as it is now?

I didn't know it would be as big as it is.. I just wanted to make a quality cartoon.. the writers on the show.. we just try to make ourselves laugh.. i feel like most of the time we're just writing for ourselves.. and we all have high standards I think.. I feel like I do.. lately my mind has been shutting off in conversations that aren't funny enough.. I'll just make a super straight face.. it's a bummer.. If you're not making me laugh.. I'm sure I'm terrible to look at and talk to.. my face.. is a big bummer.. when someone's not funny..

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! HUZZAAHHH!!! Someone feels me. I get rediculed for losing interest in conversations fast. I want humor I WANT SPUNK! I want me a good ol' sandwich of FUNNY. Well, You have fun, and keep doing what you do. Because IF YOU DO NOT. I will hunt you down, cut holes in all your socks, and tie incredibly impossible knots in your shoes. Yeah that's riht. No more mister bunny knot. HERE COMES KING KONG ON 10,000 RED BULLS KNOT. Rwaarrrr

Noob

I love you work and art style! How did you get to be so creative?

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
[NPC
Horse]

>: | I don't like you. Also , your mom. *kicks*

Greedy Prophet

Who is marceline's love interest or is she gay?

Dangerous Conversationalist

10,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Conventioneer 300
The REAL Pendleton Ward
Grawrface
Bleh. This is going to turn into a list.
1. Can you tell us more about the Mushroom War/When will more episodes that reveal stuff be airing?
2. What are the chances the Huntress Wizard will make a return?
3. What are your thoughts on the insane popularity of Marshal Lee, regardless of his SUPER brief appearance?
4. Who are your top three favorite actors that you've gotten to work with on the show?
5. If you were to make an Adventure Time movie, what would you want it to be about?
6. Are there plans to release any more AT toys? I've seen plenty of shirts, but it would be cool to see more stuff like Finn's sword and the Finn and Jake action figures.
7. What inspired the snail that you put into each episode?
8. When might we see the return of Me-Mow? If there was a gender bent counter part to Me-Mow, what would you name it?
9. What, if any, conventions have you gone to representing AT? I work for an anime convention in Spokane, WA, and I know that a ton of our attendees love the show.
10. What are your thoughts on the incredible success of the AT comic? Or, for that matter, how much of a success do you see the comic as?
11. Have you ever thought about making an AT encyclopedia? Like, a guide to the creatures, notable figures, etc. Maybe an article that includes some different phrases that they use (i.e. mathematical, blue balooby, wagglesags, blop dumps, etc.).

Not to hound you with questions or anything.

For #1:

oh the mushroom war... the mushroom war.. i talked a little bit about this at wondercon.. ... well i saw some clip of adventure time on youtube the other day and under it one of the comments said something like "if adventure time ever shows what happened in the past.. how the land of Ooo came to be.. it's going to be really really sad". eh.. which is true.. i don't really want to delve into the mushroom war too much.. we'll continue to show glimpses of it.. you'll see a bunch of glimpses of it in the finale to season four... but.. finn and jake don't care about history.. they live in the now.. like Buddha.

I can respect that.
That's good advice for life.
Plus, Finn and Jake are cool dudes.

4,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cart Raider 100
You're a huge inspiration and your show has brought me so much joy and laughter. To you and the animation and writing team, keep up the fantastic work! heart

As for questions, we will ever see babies of Jake and Lady like it was mentioned in "Paper Pete?" That would be amazing because I love those two together xD

That and I agree with everyone else about "Fionna and Cake!" It was a huge hit. Another genderbent episode would be sooooo flippin' awesome.

And one more thing, I love Flame Princess already xd

Thieving Rogue

8,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I know there are a lot of princesses in adventure time [just as there are princes in Fiona and cakes episode] but will there ever be a regular showing of a Prince in Adventure time or even a regular showing of a Princess in another possible episodes of Fiona and Cake?

My older brother wants to ask:
Did you pick the voice actors?
Who has taken on the character the most?
Me and my family love your show and hope it never ends with much thanks and hope you answer.

Phantom

lol i wonder if he has to wait for posting too fast on his account.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Siefren
Yeata Zi
Siefren
Yeata Zi
Oh, my! This is so exciting! I'm all a fluster!

I hope we're not too much for Pen!

It's already too much for myself! I swear, once i get finished reading a page, there's four more added. OoO!!!
I am having quite the same issue, Mister Siefren.

Golly, I hope Mister Ward isn't overwhelmed by all his lady and gentlemen callers.

lol I hope so too. I don't know if i can keep up with this thread.
I fear my questions will never see the light of day.

I want to know about Me-Mow. :/ No one seems to ask about that story.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff