Welcome to Gaia! ::

In The Beginning... (A Roleplaying Guild)

Back to Guilds

A community for roleplayers and a vast variety of stories. 

Tags: roleplaying, rping, action, romance, literate 

Reply In The Beginning... (A Roleplaying Guild)
Announcement Archives (Members/Crew, DO NOT POST)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:36 am
August 31st, 2013

User Image

User Image
                  I want to give a warm welcome to ALL NEW MEMBERS that joined today. You know who you are. Most of you, I scouted out in Barton Town and kidnapped you. (Mwhahaha) One of you, actually wanted to join on your own accord. Since I cannot reply to all introductions, even though I try, I want to say to you all... WELCOME! Welcome to In The Beginning... and I hope that this picks up a lot better than it's past lives. Welcome. Have fun and eat candy. =]

User Image
                  We have a roleplay in construction in Chapter Two (Semi-Literate Roleplays). It's been constructed by Romdeaux, it's called Freelance- An Alternative Education RP. Keep an eye on this one! It may turn out to be something you want to join.

In order to recruit more people, I want to make a roleplay for Barton Town that will be guild sponsored. If you have any ideas on what you think would be a good idea post them here. We already have a few up and will be taking a poll soon to choose a theme/plot/storyline.

Please do not hesitate to make a roleplay. There are no requirements what so ever in order for you to make your own roleplay. The only thing that I ask is that you put it in the correct literacy sub-forum that you see fit. If you're looking for more of a one x one roleplay, post a search in the Preface (Recruit) sub-forum.

I will be making a roleplay soon as well. So keep your eyes open.

User Image
                  Crew members, I need you all to message me. I've gotten one so far. I need the rest of you to message me to know that you are still in for the count and to let you know of new standards as to being a crew member. Please also check the Diplomatic Chapter for further information.

With that being said, let the roleplaying... BEGIN!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:08 am
August 31st, 2013

User Image

User Image
                  DO NOT FORGET TO POST IN THE INTRODUCTION THREAD! Every few months we will go through the member list and delete anyone who has never posted with no warning. It is the first thing we ask you to do and it only takes a few minutes. If you wish to stay, please post.

User Image

User Image
                  If you want to chat with other members in this guild in a more "chatty" area... click Chatango, create an account (literally took me 10 seconds), or make a temporary name and viola!

I'd like to thank Crooked Bridges and M y B l o o d L u s t for their donations to our mule account. If our members continue to donate we will be able to have a contest soon.

We do have affiliates! Go to the Guilds home page and check them out.

Also! If we want more members, recommend this guild!!

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:11 pm
September 4th, 2013

User Image

User Image
                  That's right! You read right. I am arranging a Skype conference with ALL members on Saturday! I live in Alaska, I plan on having the meeting at 12 p.m. my time. If you need help figuring out what time that is, send me a PM and I will help you figure it out. You may or may not see the all powerful Cappy-Tan.

User Image

User Image
                  If you want to chat with other members in this guild in a more "chatty" area... click Chatango, create an account (literally took me 10 seconds), or make a temporary name and viola!

I'd like to thank everyone who has donated to our Guild Mule account! Bloodlust and I will be discussing contests that we can start up in the near future.

We do have affiliates! Go to the Guilds home page and check them out.

We are trying to get a Barton Town guild sponsored roleplay going. Please vote on the idea that you think would be best for B.T. Click here

Also! If we want more members, recommend this guild!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 am
September 11th, 2013
User Image

User Image
                  I want to give a warm welcome to all our new members that have joined over the past few days. I'm glad to see you have all joined. There are still quite a few of you that have not posted in our introduction thread. I strongly suggest that you do introduce yourselves. We will be going through all of our members in a few months and deleting anyone who has not posted at least once. Having that one post in the introduction thread is basically your safety net so to say for staying in this guild. So be sure to introduce yourselves!

User Image

User Image
                  That's right! You read correctly! Guild conference on Skype. No, it is not mandatory; however, I strongly encourage you to join the group chat. Add me on Skype and make sure your username for Gaia is either your name or next to your name that way we know you are part of the guild. My username for skype: m-weesey.

The conference will set for 6 p.m. Alaska time. Yes I live in Alaska. Click here to see a time conversion of what how far ahead you would be of me. If this time does not work for you, PM me and let me know what time would work best for you.

With that being said, let the roleplaying... BEGIN!  

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:09 pm
September 19th, 2013
User Image

User Image
                  I want to give a warm welcome to all our new members that have joined over the past few days and week or so. I'm glad to see you have all joined. There are still quite a few of you that have not posted in our Introduction Thread. I strongly suggest that you do introduce yourselves. We will be going through all of our members in a few months and deleting anyone who has not posted at least once. Having that one post in the introduction thread is basically your safety net so to say for staying in this guild. So be sure to introduce yourselves!

User Image
          ROLEPLAYS! ROLEPLAYS! ROLEPLAYS! We have such a great variety of roleplays thanks to our amazing members! You guys are making this place thrive and I greatly appreciate it from all of you!!!

To all of you that have made/are going to make roleplays:
                I would like to have banners (size of the guild banner) for our roleplays. If you have a banner, it will get featured in the announcements. If you proved me a picture that you want used for the banner, and the font (go to dafont.com if you don't know where to go), I will do it for free. However, if you don't provide either of those things, I will charge 200 gold. I'm being a lenient with the charge. If you want it animated, I will charge 600 gold.

Chapter One (Casual Roleplays)

Chapter Two (Semi-Literate)

Chapter Three (Literate to Literate Plus)

Go to the Main Forum for Recruit Threads

User Image
                  I would like to apologize to all of you who were expecting a guild conference last Saturday. Some things in my personal life came up that I simply could not ignore. So we are going to try and shoot for this Saturday, September 21, 2013. My username for skype: m-weesey. Be sure to put your gaia username next to your name so that we know who you are.

The conference will set for 6 p.m. Alaska time. Yes I live in Alaska. Click here to see a time conversion of what how far ahead you would be of me. If this time does not work for you, PM me and let me know what time would work best for you.

User Image
                  That's right. You read it correctly. We are having a contest!! Not just one, but two. However, neither of these will start until we have at least half or a full list of people who have entered to contest.

Now what contests are we holding?

1.) Recruit Contest: 5+ slots
                      PRIZE: 10k Gold

Requirements: First, message myself or Bloodlust. Then, either go through Barton Town, Barton OOC, or your roleplay buddies and tell them to join the guild. Have them fill out the form on the guild home and have them put at the end of the form that you invited them. We will be keeping tally of who has how much. This contest will not start till we have 5+ people recruiting.

2.) Halloween Costume Avatar Contest
                      PRIZE: First Place: Flynn's Booty xxxxxxx Second Place: 30k Gold xxxxxxx Third Place: 10k Gold

Requirements: Message myself or Bloodlust to let us know you are entering. We will have a thread in the Main Forum showing all the contestants. When you enter the contest with your Halloween costume, it MUST be on your Avatar. We will be keeping all entries anonymous. Once we have replied to your PM that lets us know you have entered the contest, you may take off your costume if you wish because we will be screen capping them. However, if you decide to keep you costume on your avi that is your choice.

Crew and members will be voting on these entries.

THIS CONTEST IS IN PROGRESS ONCE YOU ARE DONE READING THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE PM MYSELF OR BLOODLUST FOR ANY QUESTIONS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:16 am
September 26th, 2013
User Image

User Image
                  Welcome to all of our new members! I know we have had a lot of new members the last week or so.... mainly because I've savaging through Barton Town. 0.o Another huge tribute to that is our recruit thread in the Gaia Guilds Network.

All new members, please make sure to introduce yourselves in The Introduction thread, and read the rules. We do go through the members every few months and delete everyone who has never posted. If you have at least one post, it guarantees that you stay in the guild.

User Image
          ROLEPLAYS! ROLEPLAYS! ROLEPLAYS! We have such a great variety of roleplays thanks to our amazing members! You guys are making this place thrive and I greatly appreciate it from all of you!!!

I would like to have banners (size of the guild banner) for our roleplays. If you have a banner, it will get featured in the announcements. If you proved me a picture that you want used for the banner, and the font (go to dafont.com if you don't know where to go), I will do it for free. However, if you don't provide either of those things, I will charge 200 gold. I'm being a lenient with the charge. If you want it animated, I will charge 600 gold.

The Main Forum is where all of our recruit threads are.

User Image
                  Alright, so even though I have tried several times for a Skype conference (voice only), it doesn't seem that anyone wants to have a conference meeting.

The reason for it is to give you information that most guilds wouldn't, and to answer any questions that you guys may have. Not only that, but it's for you guys to also get to know your crew. Bloodlust, Loops, Victorian, and myself are on Skype just about everyday.

So if you are interested in joining our chat session and adding us on Skype, send any one of us a PM.

User Image
                  That's right. You read it correctly. We are having a contest!! Not just one, but two. However, neither of these will start until we have at least half or a full list of people who have entered to contest.

1.) Recruit Contest: 5+ slots (1/5)

Requirements: First, message myself or Bloodlust. Then, either go through Barton Town, Barton OOC, or your roleplay buddies and tell them to join the guild. Have them fill out the form on the guild home and have them put at the end of the form that you invited them. We will be keeping tally of who has how much. This contest will not start till we have 5+ people recruiting.

PRIZE: First Place: Flynn's Booty xxxxxxx Second Place: 30k Gold xxxxxxx Third Place: 10k Gold

Requirements: Message myself or Bloodlust to let us know you are entering. We will have a thread in the Main Forum showing all the contestants. When you enter the contest with your Halloween costume, it MUST be on your Avatar. We will be keeping all entries anonymous. Once we have replied to your PM that lets us know you have entered the contest, you may take off your costume if you wish because we will be screen capping them. However, if you decide to keep you costume on your avi that is your choice.

THIS HALLOWEEN CONTEST IS IN PROGRESS!

Click here for the Halloween Contest thread.

User Image
                  There are several locked threads. Keep in mind that threads that are not posted in for two weeks will be locked. If I do not received a message about re-opening the thread within a months time, it will be deleted. So please be sure to check and make sure that it's not one of your threads that is locked. I will send you a PM as a common courtesy to let you know.

User Image
                  Click here to go to our "In The Beginning... Recruit Thread that is in the Gaia Guilds Network. It's just for general chat and to keep the thread on the front page. So subscribe to this thread and chat it up.

The activity does need to pick up. As I have said once before, if you do you not see a roleplay that picks your interest, then make your own. We have just about 200 members and I'm sure they don't see anything either. So why not take that chance, and make a roleplay that you like and see if it get flocked to? For the next few days I will be making banners for a roleplay announcement and directory thread for all the roleplays.

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:48 pm
October 1, 2013
User Image

User Image
                  Welcome to all of our new members! I know we have had a lot of new members the last week or so.... mainly because I've savaging through Barton Town and collecting souls. Mwahahaha! Really though...

Another huge tribute to that is our recruit thread in the Gaia Guilds Network.

All new members, please make sure to introduce yourselves in The Introduction thread, and read the rules. We do go through the members every few months and delete everyone who has never posted. If you have at least one post, it guarantees that you stay in the guild.

I PERSONALLY WILL BE GOING THROUGH THE MEMBER LIST ON OCTOBER 16TH! IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE YOUR FIRST POST BY 11:59 P.M. ALASKA TIME, YOU WILL BE DELETED!
                  Not banned, just deleted. If you do get deleted, you can rejoin. You'll have one month from your join date. I do keep records of members joins dates when they are deleted and rejoin!

User Image

I would like to have banners (size of the guild banner) for our roleplays. If your interested in a banner for your roleplay, please send me a PM. We have two banners so far.

User Image User Image

The Main Forum is where all of our recruit threads are.

WARNING!: MOST of you have threads in Chapters 1, 2, and 3 are in danger of having your thread deleted!!! Please go check and make sure. Most of you, I have personally sent a PM's to almost all of you letting you know of the set deletion date.

User Image
                  Alright, so even though I have tried several times for a Skype conference (voice only), it doesn't seem that anyone wants to have a conference meeting.

The reason for it is to give you information that most guilds wouldn't, and to answer any questions that you guys may have. Not only that, but it's for you guys to also get to know your crew. Bloodlust, Loops, Victorian, and myself are on Skype just about everyday.

So if you are interested in joining our chat session and adding us on Skype, send any one of us a PM.

This is not mandatory, but it is strongly encouraged.

User Image

1.) Recruit Contest: 5+ slots (1/5)

THIS HALLOWEEN CONTEST IS IN PROGRESS!

Click here for the Halloween Contest thread.

User Image
                  There are several locked threads. Keep in mind that threads that are not posted in for two weeks will be locked. If I do not received a message about re-opening the thread within a months time, it will be deleted. So please be sure to check and make sure that it's not one of your threads that is locked. I will send you a PM as a common courtesy to let you know.

User Image
                  Click here to go to our "In The Beginning... Recruit Thread that is in the Gaia Guilds Network. It's just for general chat and to keep the thread on the front page. So subscribe to this thread and chat it up.

The activity does need to pick up. As I have said once before, if you do you not see a roleplay that picks your interest, then make your own. We have just about 200 members and I'm sure they don't see anything either. So why not take that chance, and make a roleplay that you like and see if it get flocked to?

PLEASE keep the activity up! I would like people join roleplays and post one to two time plus a week. In order to expect people to put the effort in, you must also put the effort out there. PLEASE pick up the activity. I really don't want to shut this guild down. Especially with all you amazing members that I've gotten to know.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:36 pm
Alright boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, and randomly assorted floating animals! Activity is down, and unfortunately this means that those of you who are active suffer the drag of not having enough people to get an RP off the ground, or the slow trudge of waiting on a biannual reply.

BUT NO MORE!

As of November 1st this will be the standard for members, crew and vice captains. (Don't worry members, the mods are getting way rougher a slate then you. wink )

Starting at the Top...
Vice Captains
emotion_donotwant Position Requirements emotion_donotwant
To apply for Vice Captain requires a minimum of two months active service [Active Service defined as no part of which was spent on the Absent List or on Warning] as a Crew Member.

2 Active Roleplays [Active defined here as a minimum of 2-3 posts/week] in any of the Three Chapters (1x1s can only be used as an application piece for the creator of the thread).

emotion_facepalm Required Activity emotion_facepalm
Vice Captains are expected to post a minimum of 3-4 times a week (a minimum of (on average) two posts per day).

emotion_0A0 Expected Duties emotion_0A0
Vice Captains are expected to recruit three new member a month or send a minimum of 30 recruitment requests, and once invited are expected to help those members settle in.

Vice Captains are also expected to participate in every event, either by donating for the prizes or joining in the event. (Vice Captains are not applicable for prize allocation. They can recieve the recognition for the win, and hold that place but prizes trickle down until they meet the first non-Mod winner.)

Vice Captains are also expected to handle Moderator Promotion, Moderator Demotion, and all such applications when the Captain is unavailable.

Vice Captains are also responsible for submitting a minimum of one event format every three months [Format is to include the following; concept, prize allocation, duration, rule set, requirements to compete, and one member participant (member participant is to be a member with whom you have discussed the idea and who volenteered to particpate when it came out)].

Crew
To apply for Crew requires a minimum of 1 Active Roleplay [Active defined here as a minimum of 2-3 posts/week] in any of the Three Chapters (1x1s can only be used as an application piece for the creator of the thread).

Crew are expected to post a minimum of 2-3 times a week (all posts included in a single day are seen as one).

Crew are expected to recruit one new member a month or send a minimum of 10 recruitment requests, and once invited are expected to help those members settle in.

Crew are also expected to participate (at least minimally) in every event, either by donating for the prizes or joining in the event. (Crew are not applicable for prize allocation. They can recieve the recognition for the win, and hold that place but prizes trickle down until they meet the first non-Mod winner.)

And Working Our Way Down.

Thread Owners
An Idea!

Threads in their infancy are given their 90 days free of activity requirements.

After the 90 day grace peroid, activity is required, by posting a minimum of once a month in the thread.

Keep your RP up and going, if someone doesn't post for more then a month, send out a warning, and if two months go without a post, consider making activity cuts.

Keep an eye out for the Absence List! Sometimes people don't have time to send out a million PMs to inform all their RPs they need to be MIA.

Members
None!! heart

Post a minimum of once a month! heart

Come and Have Fun!

All those moderators wishing to retain their current positions must fill out the following form and submit it to Weesey. And all those members and new members are welcome to apply as well! There will be strict expectations of Crew, who while gaining the ability do make more direct decisions and change in the guild they are also accepting the responsiblity of making this guild as member-friendly as possible.

There is no power granted with more then a corrisponding amount of responsibility.

Crew Application:
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Guild Join Date[/b]:
[b]Time Zone[/b]:
[b]Availability[/b]:
[b]Active Roleplay[/b]: [Active is defined as 2-3 posts/week. 1x1s can only be used as an application piece by the creator of the thread. If you are not the threads's creator we ask for two active roleplays. Each RP must be linked and include the date and time of the last three posts, as of the time of the application. No roleplay younger then 7 days (since it's first non format post) old will be accepted as an application piece.]
[b]By submitting this application I understand that I will be expected to post in the guild, socially or in a roleplay a minimum of 2-3 days out of the week, and if I cannot I announce my absence in the absence thread. If I am gone for more then a month, I will allow my membership to be lowered to member from crew, with the understanding that I am welcome to apply again once I am able to fullfill the required activity levels. I am also aware of mandatory participation in the majority of guild events and of my recruitment quota every month. I am also aware other duties will be asked of me in my term as a Crew member, and I will do my best to furfill these duties to the best of my ability.[/b]

Vice Captain Application:
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Guild Join Date[/b]:
[b]Time Zone[/b]:
[b]Availability[/b]:
[b]Length of Time as a Crew Member[/b]: [A minimum of 2 months as Crew is required]
[b]Active Roleplays[/b]: [Active is defined as 2-3 posts/week. 1x1s can only be used as an application piece by the creator of the thread. If you are not the creator of any of these threads creator we ask for three active roleplays. Each RP must be linked and include the date and time of the last three posts, as of the time of the application. No roleplay younger then 7 days (since it's first non format post) old will be accepted as an application piece.]
[b]By submitting this application I understand that I will be expected to post in the guild, socially or in a roleplay a minimum of 3-4 days out of the week, with an average of two posts a day and if I cannot I announce my absence in the absence thread. If I am gone for more then a month, I will allow my membership to be lowered to crew from vice captain, and if I cannot meet those lower standards of activity I will allow my membership to be lowered again from crew to member, with the understanding that I am welcome to apply again once I am able to fullfill the required activity levels. I am also aware of mandatory participation in the majority of guild events and of my recruitment quota every month. I am also aware other duties will be asked of me in my term as a Vice Captain, and I will do my best to furfill these duties to the best of my ability.[/b]

These rules are new both to our current members and our new members as well, but I hope they will help better the Guild expierence for everyone!

And specifically to our new members, WELCOME! In an attempt to bring together a large group of avid Roleplayers invitations were sent out to other guilds, to see if those other smaller guilds might yet be interested in porting over both their members and storylines! So hopefully in the coming days we will see many new stories crop up, and I hope our members, both old and new will make an effort to get to know each other, becuase more then making beautiful, dark, joyous and exciting roleplays it about the writers behind those stories and characters! And it is those writers we celebrate here in this guild because before there were stories... In the Beginning... there were writers! heart  

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
In The Beginning... (A Roleplaying Guild)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games