Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:30 am
User Image

Welcome to the revitalization of the Mava'Bunda, or Elephant Graveyard Pack.

As you are aware, Mava'Bunda was recently disbanded due to my own personal inactivity within the pack. I have been meaning to find a co-owner or two to help me keep the pack active, and now I intent to act on that as soon as possible.

This thread will also be used to update all the pack's information, including what happened during the 'war' with the Pridelands, their on-going conflict with the lions, as well as the development within the pack to make it a stronger and more menacing force on the savanna.

I will be assuming that everyone's hyena will remain within the pack. If you wish to pull your hyena or slave out, I will allow that. If you want to put a fresh hyena or slave in, you are welcome to do that here as well!

I need 10 roleplays to bring back the pride. Hopefully it won't take very long, but anyone that would like to help is welcome to.

RPs:
Old Bones (complete)
Reorganizing our Pack (complete)
Sup (complete)
Snooping Around (complete)
Striding Towards the Goal (complete)
Its Always Home (complete)
Hunger Pains (complete)
All Falling Into Place (complete)
Gathering Strength (complete)
Offering a Gift (complete)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 am
User Image

The Elephant Graveyard hasn't always been as teeming with hyenas as it is at the current, in fact, it wasn't teeming with anything. It was a barren wasteland. Animals came there to die, to complete the last leg of that long journey called life. Dusty, drab, and dead, not many species of animal chose to live there.

But, as lion prides grew, the graveyard became a place of exile. Unwanted lions were sent there to die, but predominantly, it was where the hyenas were eventually chased off to. They were expected to die, but being natural born scavengers, the Graveyard was a haven to them. Scraps of perfectly fine meat littered the place, it gave them peace from the lions, a place to call their own.

It was at around this time that conflict hit the Pridelanders, a lion pride bordering the graveyard. Two brother eligible for the throne, a position that one, Mufasa, obtained. Taka, or Scar, as he was dubbed by the not too intelligent hyenas, left the pride for good, eventually coming across the Elephant Graveyard.

There he discovered a hyena pack led by Shenzi, a cunning female and two of her loyal followers, Banzai and Ed. The hyenas accepted Scar, and followed him dutifully, even into war with his old pride. But, Taka was defeated, even his own hyenas turning on him. His reign had come to an end. Eventually, Taka was lost to the plague that would also take many hyena lives.

The hyenas were fine on their own, running their own disorganized form of a pack, running amuck around the graveyard and doing as they pleased. Many left the graveyard eventually and what was worse, many also fell ill and died of the same plague that was taking the lives of so many lions. Taka also died of this plague. Now, the land was barren once more, with only a few lone pups left.

Here, Mafa, one of the lone pups that tagged around with the hyenas from the old pack enters. Cold hearted and angry from past events, Mafa carried with her a hatred for the whole lion species. After a short leave from the pack lands, Mafa returned, disheartened that all her own companions where nowhere to be seen. Not long after, Mafa stumbled across Tukutu, a hyena she had known since she was young. With Mafa as alpha, and Tukutu as a close consort, the two decided to revive the pack.

Mafa had been rounding up hyenas to rally for her cause: extermination of the lion kind. And, to her extreme dislike, a small pride of lions has assituated itself within the outer borders of the graveyard. Led by Kikausha, a lion Mafa considers the worst of them all, the Maziko lions had not been accepted by the hyenas in the center of the graveyard at all. With their numbers and spirits growing, the hyenas hoped to banish the lions once and for all.

In fact, the Maziko dwindled in numbers until they vanished. Mafa considered this a triumph against lions, but it also gave little much for the other hyenas to do. Who would dare try their had against the Pridelands? Those were lands not to be touched, as hyenas were easily outnumbered ten to one. Instead, the pack grew quiet. More hyenas left than those that came in, and the pack grew complacent.

Then, Mafa vanished. No one knew where she had gone, but all were worried about it. What would they do if she returned? Rumors swirled that she would return to kill all of those that weren't still completely faithful to her. Tukutu had given up on her, however he did not want to see her legacy die. He mated to the hyena named Baki, bringing in a new generation of hyenas. Ones that would still continue to defend themselves against lions, and beckon all hyenas who wished to join to come. Strengthen their numbers. Grow the control of their land.

They were the Mava'Bunda, the cemetary guards.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:32 am
Co-Owning

I've been slowly working on gaining co-owners for all my prides and packs this summer, and Mava'Bunda was one of the last ones. I wasn't fast enough with the purge, but that doesn't mean I can't look for a good co owner or two. :9

I'm looking for people who are fairly active and enjoy roleplaying hyenas. There will always be a rift between the Pridelands and Mava'Bunda, and I would like to see this continue. Having ideas for ORPs, plots, or even metas is a plus. There is a chance in the future that I will step down completely from ownership, just wanted to put that out there.

Pluses are if you are willing to be contacted over aim, email, or even facebook. I'm usually always around if not actively within the shop (during school), so it shouldn't be that hard to contact me.

I expect you to just roleplay in the pack (and have fun!), keep up with breedings/pups, joining requests, updating the memberlist, ect ect.

I'm willing to take up to the 2 needed, just PM me if you are interested.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:33 am
User Image

Alpha: The leader of the Mava'Bunda. Always a female.

Consort: The mate to the Alpha. Not always the only mate to the Alpha, but the one that should be listened to.

Head Scout: The one in charge of the Scouts. Either gender.

Head Guard: The one in charge of the Guards. Either gender.

Head Hunter: The one in charge of the Hunters, and determines the hunting grounds. Either gender.

Scout: They scout for the pack, either by looking for more land to gain, keeping an eye on the thin water supply, and making sure no pesky lions get in, or that slaves get out.

Guard: While the scouts keep an eye on the outside, the guards are the weight behind the strength of the pack, the warriors.

Hunter: Those that keep the pride alive. They scavenge as well as hunt. This is the default rank for an adol/adult.

Bone Collector: In charge of keeping all the junk in check, as some of it can be traded for other things (with others/rogues) or used for miscellaneous reasons.

Bone Setter: The healers of the pack, as there are many risks in living in a place with so much death.

Bone Reader: The shaman(s) for the pack. They read the cracks in bones to determine the weather, good hunting times, prediction of births, ect. Currently unavailable.

Youth: All hyena cubs and juves are this rank.

Slaves: Slaves are usually used as punching bags, or they may be taken along in hunts to help, or helping the healers, ect. They rarely are without someone watching them. Any species other than hyenas. Please note that running away is possible, but please work out some sort of plot with other memebers and/or me, Safaia.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 am
User Image

Masuko || Tukutu x Baki || Safaia || Alpha
Kepo || ? x ? || Christopher Johnson || Consort *
Mahmoud (aka Marsh) || ? x ? || Sherlolly || Head Scout *
Schatz || ? x ? || Andranis || Head Guard *
??? || ? x ? || ??? || Head Hunter
??? || ? x ? || ??? || Bone Reader (possibly reserved)
Chora || Tukutu x Baki || Ecavi || Bone Reader

Fahari || Kimwondo x Frittillaria || soutou || Scout
Fuadi'Mwata || ? x ? || Painted Moose || Scout
Fulathela || ? x ? || ShinyObsessed || Scout
Kimwondo || ? x ? || Lightning Shadow X || Scout
Kitokono || ? x ? || Depawsit || Scout
Kombe || Kitokono x Kosi || Mtorolite || Scout
Mafuu || Ubongo x ? || [Eskimo] || Scout
Mauti || Kimwondo x Frittillaria || Lightning Shadow X || Scout
Mtulinga || ? x ? || Lethrossen || Scout
Murkha || ? x ? || Chi Sohma || Scout
Muundi || ? x ? || KasaiLoki || Scout
Mwatuko || Mbezi x Lilah || [Eskimo] || Scout *
Nomuula || ? x ? || one over three || Scout
Shoutarou || Kimwondo x Frittillaria || NovaCracker || Scout
Shundwa || Kimwondo x Frittillaria || Amy D || Scout
Timamu || Kimwondo x Frittillaria || Lithia_Brandon || Scout
Vigdis || ? x ? || Remove || Scout

Kingio || ? x ? || Safaia || Guard
Mafuta'Mla || ? x ? || Redbud-Tree || Guard
Njaa || ? x ? || Christopher Johnson || Guard
Payaso || ? x ? || Mtorolite || Guard
Seriti || Letladika x Sauda || [Lady Kiya] || Guard
Thabo || Kingio x Fupa'jinigutua || Safaia || Guard *
Tibuka || ? x ? || wooga Paes || Guard
Tothi-mtoto || ? x ? || Gekokoko || Guard
Ukunimata || ? x ? || Strawberry Gumi Bunny || Guard
Upiganaji || ? x ? || wooga Paes || Guard *
Vicerys || Mkaguzi x Esperanza || Buffy_the_Bloody || Guard *
Yakuti || ? x ? || Atheare || Guard
Zua || Yakuti x Taashira'kikuto || Atheare || Guard

Achak || Kingio x Fupa'jinigutua || Tanakako || Hunter
Ahsante || ? x ? || Remove || Hunter
Amanita || Ahsante x Manyara || Annchen || Hunter
Buibui || ? x ? || [Eskimo] || Hunter
Damupaka || Kingio x Fupa'jinigutua || Pearlyblue || Hunter
Dhamira || ? x ? || F a y t h - x || Hunter *
Fido || ? x ? || wooga Paes || Hunter *
Frittilaria || ? x ? || Syrius Lionwing || Hunter
Ibada || ? x ? || Ecavi || Hunter *
Inikanza || ? x Fupa'jinigutua || Safaia || Hunter
Karil || Kingio x Fupa'jinigutua || Safaia || Hunter
Kataja || ? x ? || Safaia || Hunter *
Kela || (i don't remember ahhh) || Christopher Johnson || Hunter *
Letladika || ? x ? || [Lady Kiya] || Hunter *
Mshipi'baka || Tukutu x Baki || Skye Starrfyre || Hunter
Nyoge || ? x ? || Lethrossen || Hunter
Saar || ? x ? || KasaiLoki || Hunter
Sauda || Kucha x Mtupeni || [Lady Kiya] || Hunter *
Shinda || Tukutu x Baki || TheMadHatter || Hunter
Svarta || ? x ? || Annchen || Hunter
Takataka || ? x ? || [Eskimo] || Hunter *
Tegemeza || ? x ? || Safaia || Hunter
Tufani || ? x ? || [Eskimo] || Hunter *
Ubongo || ? x ? || Christopher Johnson || Hunter
Ucheachea || K'aah x Zilizala || moineau bavarde || Hunter *
Ubavu || ? x ? || Velveteen Angel || Hunter
Varutri || Kingio x Fupa'jinigutua || Hitsuzen || Hunter
Zimwi || ? x ? || Kimaria || Hunter

Baki || ? x ? || TheMadHatter || Bone Collector
Byta || Ahsante x Manyara || Christopher Johnson || Bone Collector
Itzal'Iah || ? x ? || Hoshi Lockhart || Bone Collector
Kivuli || ? x ? || Pink Myth || Bone Collector
Leith || ? x ? || wooga Paes || Bone Collector *
Mahiri || ? x ? || Vesale || Bone Collector
Marion || ? x ? || mouselet || Bone Collector *
Mwiba || ? x ? || Mimsey || Bone Collector *
Raijin || ? x ? || Polette || Bone Collector *
Sauti'laini || ? x ? || pinchmonster || Bone Collector
Shakira || Cigende x Sabola || Andranis || Bone Collector *
Skada || ? x ? || Annchen || Bone Collector

Enya || Ahsante x Manyara || Remove || Bone Setter
Fupa'jinigutua || ? x ? || Safaia || Bone Setter
Kisukuku || Kitokono x Kosi || Redbud-Tree || Bone Setter

Hanja || ? x ? || Annchen || Slave
Jela || ? x ? || Redbud-Tree || Slave
Ritika || ? x ? || F a y t h - x || Slave *
Tundu || ? x ? || pinchmonster || Slave

Áedán || Njaa x Nata Bhienne || Lilbabe808 || Youth *
Drvena Noga || Njaa x Nata Bhienne || Princess_Feylin || Youth (Guard at adol) *
Aurin || Njaa x Nata Bhienne || Christopher Johnson || Youth *
Fahnzee || Saar x Njeve-Umhlabathi || Buffy_the_Bloody || Youth (Hunter at adol) *

Mbezi || Rasuli x Mafa || Safaia || deceased
Tukutu || ? x ? || Safaia || deceased

* will need to update rank on cert later OR just a pack cert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:13 pm
Please let me know if you'd like your hyena to leave. <3

Also, if you want your hyena to join, fill out the form below! Slaves are ok too, if you're interested in that.

[b]SoA's Name:[/b]
[b]SoA's Image:[/b]
[b]Motive to Join:[/b]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:16 pm
This is open, I'm just working on pulling together the memberlist.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:39 pm
SoA's Name: Ibada
SoA's Image: Uncert
Motive to Join: He's been hiding in the Graveyard since before the Maziko lions disbanded, left in charge of a hoard by one young lion before he took off on his own adventure. He's never forgotten but he's never really done anything else, either. He's selfish and possessive but now he's getting older and it is probably in his best interest not to remain on his own now. His attitude towards lions might not be the most appropriate but he's fierce and just unpredictable enough that he might be OK to have around (or at least worrying enough to want to keep him closer rather than being a nuisance at the borders, maybe.. IDK <<).
Desired Rank: Hunter or Bone Collector - he might have trouble sharing food as a hunter but it'd be more fun to start there ICly xD Gathering/collecting is more suited to his known aptitudes, which is why it might be a more likely rank to end up in later, though.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:42 pm
Ecavi
SoA's Name: Ibada
SoA's Image: Uncert
Motive to Join: He's been hiding in the Graveyard since before the Maziko lions disbanded, left in charge of a hoard by one young lion before he took off on his own adventure. He's never forgotten but he's never really done anything else, either. He's selfish and possessive but now he's getting older and it is probably in his best interest not to remain on his own now. His attitude towards lions might not be the most appropriate but he's fierce and just unpredictable enough that he might be OK to have around (or at least worrying enough to want to keep him closer rather than being a nuisance at the borders, maybe.. IDK <<).
Desired Rank: Hunter or Bone Collector - he might have trouble sharing food as a hunter but it'd be more fun to start there ICly xD Gathering/collecting is more suited to his known aptitudes, which is why it might be a more likely rank to end up in later, though.

Teehee, I love the history with the Maziko. cool Of course! <3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:49 pm
User Image

flargh I dunno where Ubongo's cert is but he's a hunter  

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:51 pm
SoA's Name: Kepo (Bekeli x Bahari)
SoA's Image: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/brian0rz/NU/Bekebaha2adult.png
Motive to Join: bang all the ladies
Desired Rank: consort  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:55 pm
troll toll
SoA's Name: Kepo (Bekeli x Bahari)
SoA's Image: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/brian0rz/NU/Bekebaha2adult.png
Motive to Join: bang all the ladies
Desired Rank: consort

Bahaha HE WISHES (and will probably do so) 8D OF COURSE.

Eee I forgot about Njaa ALL MIENZ. <333

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:56 pm
SoA's Name: Tibuka
SoA's Image: uncert and old cert
Motive to Join: Tibuka used to be int eh pack! A loong time ago, he was a pretty active lackey of Mafa, and was even acting as a sort of Head Guard for a while (as well as a babysitter for Mabozi, becausa Mafa had a sense of humor). He even beat up the queen of the Maziko, Ishara, at one point. However, he eventually got pwnt by a lion after mating with another hyena in the pack, and sort of ran away and has been gone since, assumed dead.

Now he's quite a bit older, and short an eye, and living is hard and he's like screw this, I'm going back. No one probably remembers him, but he'd like to come "home". 8D He doesn't know anything about Mafa being long gone.
Desired Rank: Guard (sort of a retired one, but whatevs)

SoA's Name: Fido
SoA's Image: uncert
Motive to Join: She's one of Tibuka's lackeys! And will be joining with him.
Desired Rank: Hunter

SoA's Name: Leith
Motive to Join: Tibuka's third and last lackey, will be joining with.
Desired Rank: Bone collector or scout

SoA's Name: Upiganaji
Motive to Join: She's been through a couple packs before, but neither of them were very strong and fell apart. Upiganaji is hoping for a more resilient pack, with a reputation to boot!
Desired Rank: Guard  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:59 pm
SoA's Name: Schatz
SoA's Image: Uncert Old Cert
Motive to Join: She's already been a member! She remembers the days of Mafa's reign, having joined when she was a pup, and holds her own hatred for lions - Some insolent little cub robbed her of the vision in one eye, and one of her own sons ran off after befriending a couple lions. Since then, she's been skulking about, angry at the world.
Desired Rank: Head Guard - She may not have one eye's use anymore, but she's more than happy to snap some lion bones!

SoA's Name: Shakira
SoA's Image: Uncert Old Cert
Motive to Join: She's already been a member! She's Schatz's great-niece, daughter of the older hyena's nephew, Sabola. She's proud of her Graveyard heritage! She just may be a bit more chipper than most hyenas like...
Desired Rank: Bone Collector - A lot easier for her to do than hunting, she's prone to giggling too much!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 pm
all of wu's and drani's are accepted! <33  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]