Updated: 09/25/10
[Quick Reference Profile]
[Shop Thread]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:57 pm
User Image
Where The Wild Things Are
User Image

Reyna's Post

You Are Here. Yes. This is where to find out what everything is.

Rules To Live By Rules of course.

Snail Mail Updates delivered by um... snails.

Tales Of Yore Story Listings and Tall Tales.

I Need Heat. Nuff said. It's Fire Opal's post.

Fire Breathing Dragons Jasamine's post.

Beasts That Go Bump In The Night Friends. Enemies.

Night Stalkers Critters that belong or don't belong.

Xanadu Where else would we live.

Tapestries of Legend Finely woven arts of those deserving.

The Wastelands Other journal links.

Broken Bones None yet.

Tomes of Lore References for me of course.

Whispers At Night Lyrics. Poetry. Awesomeness.

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 pm
User Image
Rules To Live By
User Image

Yes, there must be rules. Just a few.

1. Do not post unless invited to do so. Only exceptions are those shop owners that are a necessary evil. JK, Reyna. heart

2. I usually post finished or WIP rps into my journal rather than post with someone back and forth here. It just keeps the story form a bit easier.

3. All Gaia ToS apply. Be nice.

4. My PMs are always open to comments or anyone wanting to RP. Drop a line if you are interested. I am on AIM, so feel free to hit me there.

5. All the graphic banners and bars, I created. So do not steal. Ask if you want to use for sizing or something else. For information, I scribbled with colored pencil and then rippled, and played with lines. So these are very simply made. Try it.

6. These rules are subject to change as I see fit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:03 pm
User Image
Snail Mail

User Image

12.21.11 All Grown Up done. Back to Work finished.
05.29.11 Filled in Spring Has Sprung.

05.14.11 Filled in Flowers, A New Year Begins.
05.10.11 Added A Happy Medium.
04.12.11 Filled in Mischief Maker on pg 2 post 8
04.10.11 Updated some of the front page, index listings and requirements and quick profile.
03.26.11 OMG!! Rukurai evolved!!
12.23.10 Added Solstace 4 & 5.
12.21.10 Finished Solstace 3.
11.22.10 Finished Out To Lunch.
11.18.10 Added Paints & Paper.
11.05.10 Added more posts but only a few have been filled in since I'm still working on some. Out To Lunch, A Quiet World, Between The Pages all have links and descriptions now, but the stories are still WIP as they are not finished yet. Will be adding more as I get them typed.
07.08.10 Added Solstace 2.
03.31.10 Added Solstace 1.
03.25.10 Added new graphics. Like this much better. And I created the banner and bar. Ask if you want to use for something.
03.14.10 Added some color coding.
03.15.10 Added Getting Ready, fini.
01.02.10 Added Teatime, fini.
12.05.09 Finished Devious Works. Added Something In Common.
06.11.09 Added another journal entry and an idea on how to do journal pages within the story. Added the first image for that.
05.04.09 The Whispers At Night post just became poetry and lyrics. Added the lyrics to his song in that post.
04.27.09 Graphics updated. Information added on page 1.

Note to myself: Next tally includes:

Back to Work
All Grown Up
Spring Has Sprung
A New Year Begins
Flowers
A Happy Medium
Solstace 5
Solstace 4
Solstace 3
Out To Lunch
Between The Pages
Paints & Paper
Jasa's profile updated
Rukurai's profile updated (still needs sent in for quick reference)
Raven's Plume Grand Opening

[center][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/mirshu/SF/fopalban3.jpg[/img]
[color=#740707][b]Title[/b]Date[/color]
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/mirshu/SF/fopalbar1.jpg[/img]
[/center]

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:11 pm
User Image
Tales Of Yore
User Image

Page 4

WIP Ruku's Little Worlds Ruku gets introduced to a microscope.
WIP The Attack of the Frost DragonThe air conditioner meets its doom.

05.10.11 A Happy Medium Neph & Amon meet Jasa & Ruku
WIP Green Is The New Black
WIP A Junglescape Ruku gets his room redone
WIP Amon & Neph's BBQ
WIP Plans Don't Just Happen Making plans for vacation with Amon.
WIP Just A Little Vacation

WIP
WIP
WIP
WIP
WIP
WIP
WIP

Page 3

WIP A Quiet World Metaplot A package is left - Joint
WIP Aftermath - Solo
05.14.11 The New Year Begins - Solo
12.21.11 Back To Work - Solo
05.29.11 Spring Has Sprung -Solo
WIP Sketches - Solo
11.18.10 Paints & Paper - Solo
WIP Card Folly - Jasa begins working on cards and talks Alice into putting them in the shop Solo
11.22.10 Out To Lunch Ruku & Jasa meet Bloo & Algie- Joint
WIP The Little Plant That Could - Algie and Bloo visit Jasa at work and the plantlings go nuts Joint

11.12.10 Raven's Plume Grand Opening... Merci & Cinder open a bar - Joint
11.18.10 Between The Pages Jasa & Ruku invited to haunted house - Joint

WIP *dun dun dun* *snap snap*
WIP the third halloween one
12.21.11 All Grown Up

Page 2

05.04.09 Killer Stone or Pet Rock?: Jasa discovers Fire Opal - Solo

06.11.09 A Journal For Rukurai: Jasa writes in a journal about Ruku - Solo
06.25.09 A Few Words: A second journal entry - Solo
12.05.09 Devious Works: Rukurai goes to work - Solo
12.05.09 Something In Common Jasa and Trivii` meet - Joint
12.09.09 At Home Updates in the journal - Solo
01.02.10 Teatime Lunch with Trivii - Joint
04.12.11 Mischief Maker Ruku gets into trouble with the killer dragon - Solo
03.15.10 Getting Ready Jasa packs for Trivii's house - Solo

05.14.11 Flowers Jasa and Ruku send out flowers - Solo
03.31.10 Solstace 1 Jasa and Ruku share flowers and food with a neighbor - Joint
07.08.10 Solstace 2 Diary entry about stars and festival - Solo

12.21.10 Solstace 3 - Solo
12.23.10 Solstace 4 - Solo
12.23.10 Solstace 5 - Solo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:13 pm
User Image
I Need Heat...
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Stage Artwork: Child

Nickname: Rukurai, Ruku, or Rai

True Name: N/A

Gemstone: Fire Opal

Physical Age: N/A

General Height: A little over 3 feet.

Eye Color: Orange red

Primary Skin Color: He's mostly warm orange/yellow/gold in tones with a little bit of brown and red here and there

Markings: N/A yet

Hair: He does have a few feathers in his hair which is mostly a spikey anime-ish faux hawk in a deep reddish orange.

Description: He has a sort of brown bomber jacket/vest thing going on complete with a fur collar and sometimes his tail leaves a trail of smoke or soot behind him. His skin sizzles on occasion and his ears are pointy. The bomber jacket and belt around his waist seems to be fireproof where other clothing he wears is not. He wears an armband around his left bicep.

Stage: Child

Personality: He is rather sneaky and sulky at times. He very much dislikes cold air and even the faintest breeze irritates him to the point of doing something. Refrigerators and air conditioners are #1 on his enemy list, though he has quite the imagination thinking them dragons and other creatures out to slay him with their frosty breath. He's even been known to turn up the heat on aquariums and languish against the side for warmth, though the fish boil. He's not really meanspirited so much as high maintenance and demanding of his guardian and has an uncanny knack of finding cold stuff. He does not mind a warm wetness. Just a cold wetness.

He likes attention and getting things his way. He can be very animalistic, playful, but can be brash thought straight forwards at times and capable of deep thought. He sometimes has an uncanny intelligence about things.

As a child the imagination will continue to see dragons and other beasts out to eat him. But as he ages to teen, this will simply become a war of attrition with anything that produces cold. Maybe it will be important to him to find out why this is so, but then again, he may not even care.

Air conditioners, refridgerators, ice makers, snow cone machines, aquariums that are kept cooler, fans... Anything producing cold. He's focused on heat and warmth producing things. Turning up the thermostat, turning on the oven so that it warms the air, turning up the aquarium thereby boiling fish. As an adult, this will be even more focused in him and done with even more cunning.

I think he does like causing things to melt, blow up or otherwise burn by heating them up intensely.

Image Song(s): Monsters by Matchbook Romance

Quick Description: Animalistic, playful, uncanny intelligence, brash, straight forwards.

Abilities & Stats

Major Abilities/Powers Heat Pyrotechnics

First, I am defining Heat Pyrotechnics as the lack of control of a fire base. It is far to the side from fireballs and normal fire magic or pyrokinesis. It is heating and exploding without control in this instance, but it is still a fire based set of skills. His temper has a definitive affect on his abilities since it is affected by who he was before he was sealed in the stone.

• Combustion (%)- heat things up super hot, causing them to melt or explode depending on the ingredients. Does not have real control over this ability yet and his temper/frustration can and does affect how quickly it happens. This will be about controlling himself as much as what he is doing. Examples... Plastics tend to get brittle when reheated and melted. Metals seem to warp. Glass frequently shatters. Motors would burn. Explosive ingredients would explode of course.

Leads to...
  • Reclamation (%) - able to extract certain oils and saps from plants by heating to the right temperature to separate them. The more he does this, the easier it becomes for him to regulate his temperature. This also has to do with his regulating the heat of his body and the temperature around him. This ability would have to do with practice. The more he does it, the better he gets at remembering temperatures for things and the more likely he is able to control the temperature correctly. I was thinking about spices for cooking, or quick drying teas, or extracting perfume oils, quick drying fruit, etc. It would fit very well with his love of plants from Jasa but he will tend to overheat things a great deal in the beginning.

• Soot Writing (%) - He can write or draw by heating his tail or fingers up just enough to turn them black. Whether anything is magical yet is to be determined. He might write in runes for protection or something later. MUCH later. Maybe something along the lines of placing a rune that explodes after he leaves the area or melts the area of a wall making a hole. Or it may simply lead to graffiti on the walls. LOL

Leads to ...
  • Smoke Dance (%)- smoke can be controlled and forms benign images, though sometimes they do leave sooty impressions on things when they disappear. This leads to Smoke Screen. He will not think of it until he has played with the smoke images.

Leads to ...
  • Smoke screen (%) - The ability to cause smoke to rise and fill the air from his body to evade something or hide what he's doing. Limit is once a day until he gets very proficient at it.

• Ebullient Blast (%) - An explosive burst of heat that radiates outwards from him lessening the further it gets away from him. Usually when he loses his temper. It's like a heat wave that hits you in the face in the desert but spreads out like a tidal wave in all directions. This would be sort of like a limit break for him and when he is the most upset in some way. Not something he directly controls. I don't want him to. XD

Minor Abilities: Horticulture - No limits except proficiency

• Cultivation (%) - Ruku has a knack for preparing soil and seeds to get healthy plants and for caring for the plants after they have grown.

• Plant Propagation (%) - With enough practice, Ruku could be skillful at taking just the right cuttings to propagate healthy new plants or to attach one type to another.

• Flower Arranging (%) - Not too sure about this yet... he might lean it towards garden design instead.

• Entomology (%) - He will start by pulling the wings and legs off bugs he finds on his plants or perhaps even sizzling them. Then he will begin to study their effect and damage on his plants and maybe even use a microscope at some point.

Minor Abilities/Powers SF specific

• Empathy (%)
  • Telepathy (%)
  • Create/Manipulate Darkness (%)
  • Floating (%)
  • Detect Magic (%)
  • Transfer Energy (%)
  • Phase (%)

Traits From Guardian

Love of Plants - His first memory is of Jasa watering the plants with a warm shower of water. He has been watching her and learning what she does at the nursery.

Quiet and Watchful - Jasa likes to just sit amongst the plants and see things pass by. Ruku will pick up this habit from her.

Love of books and Reading - Jasa likes to read all sorts of books but especially those on plants, geology, and the world around her. Ruku will most likely pick up this love of books from her.

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:14 pm
User Image
Fire Breathing Dragons
User Image

Nickname: Jasamine Du Lac, usually called Jasa

Birthday: July 30

Height: 5' 7"

Eye Color: Turquoisey blue, warm like a cerulean sea

Features: Long black hair- waist length- usually loosely tied back or loosely braided. Some bluish purple accents on the right side. Very shapely and rather pretty, but somewhat a quiet person.

Markings: A butterfly tattoo just above her right ankle. A barbed wire tattoo surrounding her left wrist, a butterfly caught in it.

Personality: A rather quiet girl who likes to nurture plants. She works in a greenhouse, getting things to grow that most others cannot. She's patient and intelligent, but she hates seeing plants or animals harmed. She can be fierce in her protection of them. She's not really found anyone she loves yet. She's looking for someone who likes the same things she does, but wants to be swept off her feet. Very romantic. She is also very independent preferring to do things without her family's money.

History: Her parents are moderately wealthy with plenty to spend and living on the easier side of life. She is their only child and they tried to spoil her when she was growing up. They raised her as one of the privileged but it did not take and she prefers to do things for herself.

The tattoos were a statement during her rebellious teenage years. The single butterfly at her ankle reflects her freedom and the barbed wire tattoo is a statement to her parents as was her violet tinged hair. She would be who she was in spite of what they wanted.

Finding a job where she wanted to work, Jasa quickly displayed her talent with plants. The owner of the nursery depends on her alot to help as well as grow things she cannot seem to get to stay alive.

Her parents think she needs to 'stop playing in the dirt and get a real job.' She thinks she has a real job and simply avoids them as much as she can.

She has magic... earth since it is a love of plants that prompts her nurturing attitude. But it is not the typical magic. She paints her own cards and will most likely summon from those by accident the first time she uses it. She may or may not use magic otherwise. I'm tempted to limit it in this way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:15 pm
User Image
Beasts That Go Bump In The Night
User Image

Friends

Amon

Nephrite

Alice Carson The owner of the Nursery and Jasa's boss.

Mr. Durmand The man who lives below Jasa in the bottom half of the house.

Trivii` Someone Jasa met at the shop and became a close friend.

Nell Ruku seems to like her, though it's hard to tell since they are both wisps.

User Image

Enemies

Air-conditioner
Refridgerator
Fan
Ice cubes
Snow
Ice
The cold rooms at the nursery
Winter
Hail
Water
Snow globes

Ice Fairies Ruku met them when he went with Jasa to Trivii's house. He does not like them at all. They are cold.

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:17 pm
User Image
Night Stalkers
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:18 pm
User Image
Xanadu
User Image

The Area

The Apartment
User Image
This is the house that Jasa lives in. Mr. Durmand owns it, but only the first floor is his home. There is a short drive that winds back to the house and he has a very large property in comparison to the other homes around him. The drive does not stop at the front step. It curves around to the garage just behind the house and to the stairs that lead upwards to Jasa's apartment.

User Image

Jasa's apartment is considered a loft apartment. It was the popular style when Mr. Durmand renovated the entire house splitting it. The entrance is at the top of the back stairs. A second set of stairs leads upwards from the landing to the upper gazebo.

The living room, dining room, kitchen and computer area are all one large area that is split down the middle by three large pillars that remain for support. They have been disguised with large glass shelves curving between the pillars. Carved boxes, glass vases, and various statues both inexpensive and expensive have been carefully and strategically placed. Several old books of interest have also been shelved there.

The walls are a rich cream with high coved ceilings. The windows are typical for the type of house and there is a faux fireplace with a tv on the mantle above. The furniture is rich browns, rusts, and greens with a touch of gold. Everything has a warm earthy feel to it.

The kitchen is up to date with chrome appliances and rich brown marble counters and cupboards. The same earthy feel is definitely in the kitchen area. Splashes of red, orange and yellow dishes bring life to the area.

The dining area seats 8, but Jasa seldom uses it preferring to sit at the counter stool. Placemats of red and gold remain on the walnut table at all times.

Her bedroom is a pale green with cream bed linens. Various shades of green have been tossed at the top and there is a green quilt folded at the foot of the bed. It has a walk-in closet which is neatly organized but not overly so. There is a chair to sit and a television placed across from the bed in the center of a large area of shelves. The bookcases in her room are filled with books on plants and other subjects of interest to her as well as a few cherished items. A door leads out onto the covered porch. It has a hidden fire escape staircase that drops down for emergencies. Otherwise there is no way up to the second floor from the front of the house anymore.

More details later

The Nursery & Greenhouse

The Potting Shed owned by Alice Carson.

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:19 pm
User Image
Tapestries Of Legend
User Image

User Image

This is the first image of Rukurai.
I sketched it in colored pencil and 4b drawing pencil.
I think it turned out rather interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
User Image
The Wastelands
User Image

Ghostlings

The Cemetery
This journal contains all my ghostlings and links to their stories.
It was easier to have one than so many when I have about 25 ghostlings, heh.
The old links are below.

Sacrifices of Ciphar

Thibault Desmarais
This journal belongs to Thibault whose life was supposedly ended by
being sacrificed to the priests of Ciphar.

Shadow Fiends

Blue Goldstone
This journal belongs to Oblivion, Blue Goldstone, and his guardian Hugo A. Farnsworth.

Edelsteine
Carpediem
This journal belongs to my newest Edel, Carpediem, God of Dolls.
Mystery
This journal belongs to Tajnevaki, God of Mystery.
Laughter
This journal belongs to Lisana, Goddess of Laughter.
Mortals Journal
This journal belongs to all those mortals I have at Edelsteine that follow another god.
Their RP links are listed in their posts.

Old Journals

Ghostling Journals

Going Somewhere
This journal belongs to Valkon, a vagabond yokai, and my very first ghostling. heart He is the Demigod of Creature Essences, including bones, shapes, and essences which allow him and others to change shape.

A Hawke Amongst Crows
This journal belongs to Hawke, Valkon's son, and his protagonist, Gizmo.

Give Me Dolls!
This journal belongs to Creepy Carp who is a dollmaker legion ghostling. There are many voices inside of him. Some you might even recognize.

The Magic Man
This journal belongs to Kael'thas, a World of Warcraft cosplay.

Whispers At Night
This journal belongs to Touma, an Infinite Undiscovery cosplay.

A Frosty Mourne
This journal belongs to Arthas, the Lich King, a World of Warcraft cosplay.

A Flowery Path
This journal belongs to Saranda, Kishiko, and Sting.

Daemonologie

Asmodeus
This journal belongs to Asmodeus, a Prince of Hell and his summoner Mischa.

Into The Labyrinth

Shades of Grey
This journal belongs to Saljin, a cursed elven shapeshifter from Jareth's world.

Wulfe's Twisted Winds
This journal belongs to Wulfe Fene`rin, a demon still within his orb. I'm such a slacker... sigh... but I really do have plots for him.

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:21 pm
User Image
Broken Bones

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:22 pm
User Image
Tomes Of Lore
User Image

The general journal requirements are as follows:

Wisp:: 4 Solo entries, 1 RP. Excludes awakening of Shadow if done via RP. 4/1
Child :: 8 Solos, 3 RPs. 8/3
Teen :: 15 Solos, 6 RPs. 4/3
Adult :: 25 Solos, 8 RPs. 0/0
Evolution :: 10 Solos, 2 RPs 0/0
Ancient :: Final form. Continued activity will allow you to obtain more artwork. Artwork may be updated once every 6 months. Required activity: 6 Solos, 2 RPs within 6 months. 0/0
Exchange rate :: 1RP Entry = 2 Solo Journal Entries

--

Flower infos

Blue flower...
This flower is called 'lucidaeus' and is rather uncommon. It's
commonly used in truth serums and related spells. Giving it to a
friend or loved one would represent honesty in the relationship.

Red flower....
This is commonly referred to as a 'phoenix feather.' It has a feather
soft texture to its petals, though they are not at all feather-like.
The flower is named after a phoenix because once it has begun to
whither it tends to spontaneously combust without warning. The flames,
as they are of the magical sort, thankfully enough do no harm to any
surrounding plants, but the light display a field of these put off is
rather impressive. This flower represents passion, love, and rebirth.

Yellow flower...
This flower is known as a 'golden lyric' as it chimes and sings in the
wind. It can be cajoled and tickled into singing for kind souls and
represents joy and playfulness. On an interesting side note,
Mhiros'nan with an earth element are sometimes capable of making large
groups of these flowers sing very complicated tunes.

Purple/White flower...
It is colored to represent an iris color called Snow on the Mountain.
Make up the rest I guess

Tiger Lily flower...
Whatever you want it to be I guess...

--
ABOUT THE WINTER STAR SOLSTACE

Old tales from Mhiros'ka folklore tell of a man who, when his village was overrun with evil, journeyed far to the Temple of Oracle to find the answer to save his people. On his journey back, however, the Cursed One that had befallen his village sought to stop him from returning home. While trapped in the darkness he received a dream that held a vision of the past - that to light his way through the darkness was a single star that could not be hidden by the Cursed One.

It was by following this star that this man, this hero, was able to make his way home and defeat the evil that was corrupting his land.

And it is the Winter Star Solstace that celebrates the hero's journey and the adversities that he faced along the way.

ABOUT THE BRIGHT STAR FESTIVAL

In the musty pages of an old book came the tale of a tribe of Alisari. This tribe was beseiged by a horror that left them bereft, for the sky, once full of stars, was overcast with a horrible darkness. Only one star flickered in the night. The tale tells of a pair of Stargazers, one old and one very new, who disagreed about how to help their people.

The young one was tossed out, and it split his people in two, creating the first tribes. He grew, and as he did he heard the voice of the Bright Star. It told him of the betrayal of the old Stargazer, who was actually the cause of the strife.

The outcast took his tribe back, and defeated the elderly traitor, casting out him and his followers. Those that were driven out were given a name, the Fallen Ones. With the victory of the young Stagazer, the stars appeared in the sky once again.

It is at this time of the year, that the Alisari celebrate the bravery of this young leader, and his triumph.

HOW THESE HOLIDAYS CAME TOGETHER

Though both the Mhiroso and the Alisari are few and far between, rarely one even found, they do still exist. It is even said that Athan is from Mhiroso and that, perhaps, within the fie

Once upon a time there was a Seer who liked to do things around the house at random. These things came second nature to him, though he did not know that they were traditions of old once held by those that called Mhiroso home. Having decorated the house in flowers and flickering lights, the Seer made a feast for the guests of the home - not knowing that when that certain special someone came home it would be a shock to him to see the house in such a state.

Needless to say: Athan was very surprised to see that Hawk decorated the house in a traditional manner from his home world and, still shocked, gave the fiend a book about the old holidays that he once celebrated.

In another place another fiend, this one a Star-gazer, had his guardian buy him another - not ridiculously expensive - gift. This one was a book that talked about the Alisari that he was becoming infatuated with as time passed. After all, they were tied to who he was and if he understood who he was then maybe he would understand the stars more!

Stars are important, you know.

Regardless, after reading the book that contained some folktales and holidays for the Alisari, Dio became interested in celebrating them. It just so happened that the day that he went into shop, sure that he would find someone who would agree with him, he came upon not only Athan, but Hawk, as well.

Both of them, of course, was interested in what he talked about, but it was Hawk who started talking about the similarities between the Alisari holiday and the one that were celebrated on Mhiroso. It was then that one pair of burgundy eyes and a pair of pale blue eyes turned upon Athan with expectance.

Athan conceded victory and gave into their whims. It's hard to resist a horribly cute Star-gazer and a Seer with faerie allure.

And now, of course, all those that come into the shop are going to learn about the holidays as well!
---
Twenty-Eighth Day of December, This Year of 2009

Day of Protection: The hero's wife gave him a sprig of mirtoche vine before he left out, knowing that despite it being named after an evil beast it was vibrant and full of spirit, it offered protection from evil. Those that celebrate this first day, do so in kind. On this day, those celebrating the Day of Protection, offer flowers ( especially as the vine itself is thought to be extinct, like the beast ) that ward against evil and give protection to those they love and care for.

Day of Fellowship: This day honors the fact that, during their past, the Alisari were once one tribe instead of many. Not scattered to the ends of the universe, the Alisari were all as one united under the Bright Star. On this day, it is customary for those celebrating to hold a feast and celebrate unity and being with family and loves. Over time it has become encouraged for people to bring their favorite food, treats, or otherwise to the feast and share them with others as a sign of companionship.

Festivities: To honor both days guardians are encouraged to meet up with other guardians, friends, and loved ones and enjoy some time together. Remember to prepare your favorite dish and bring it along when you visit whomever and, as this is very important, do not forget to bring a flower of some sort to help ward off and protect against evil. Also on this day, Twilight Design's back room will be a veritable feasting hall decorated with flowers and other greenery.
--
Twenty-Ninth Day of December, This Year of 2009

Day of Knowledge: On this day, the hero had made his way to the Temple of the Oracle and it was there, in those hallowed halls, that he found the spell to save his homeland from the evil. It is also said that he was visited by the Oracle himself and given insight. Those that celebrate the Day of Knowledge share just that with others. It is a day of story-telling, spell-weaving, and the sharing of that which you know. Be it in the form of giving books or teaching how to cast spells. After all, it was only with research that the Hero learned how to defeat the evil.

Day of Dogma: Ages ago, in time past, the Alisari founded their beliefs in the distant lights of the stars in the night sky. With the births of the first Star-gazers, the Alisari were able to hear the joyous chorus of the stars - especially that of the Bright Star. One this day of celebration, those that honor this day tell the many stories of the stars in the sky. From the true stories of how the constellations got their names to the stories told to Star-gazers by the stars themselves. Most often the stories are shared underneath the night sky when it is the most clear.

Festivities: As the stars are not all ways the most visible at night, even here in Gaia, this gathering shall take place in Twilight Designs, underneath the charmed starry ceiling. The constellations will be very much the real ones, some that you should not even be able to see this time of year. People should gather together on this day and share stories with one another. This day, in particular, is one of Athan's favorites.
--
Thirtieth Day of December, This Year of 2009

Day of the Lost: The cursed one's magic cast the hero into the darkness. The hero found himself lost in the wilderness, unable to find a way home as the darkness descended upon the land. Making his way blindly, he traveled through the land, weary and weak, but still pressed forward, clutching the flowered vine his wife had given him in his hand. On this day, we celebrate ( or mourn ) those that have been lost and then found again; a friend, a lover, anyone in your life that has been lost, or is lost - especially to darkness. Celebrations are held for those that have been tempted by the evils in their hearts and resisted. It is not unheard of that people hold vigils for those that they have lost in the past.

Day of the Rift:The first signs of the splitting of the Alisari began on this day. In these beginnings was what would eventually lead to the many tribes of the Alisari. To some it was the beginning of the end of the Alisari. Those that followed the elder Star-gazer down his dark path and those that believed in the child Star-gazer coming into his power were split apart so long ago, but their tales still remain. On this day people do the exact opposite and celebrate unity, the coming together of many people as one. Look for a friend that you have lost, a parent you have not talked to in years, or a lover that you wish to see again. Perhaps if the Alisari had not been separated by the deceit of their ancestors then perhaps they would still be around today.

Festivities: It is important for some people to celebrate this day on their own, especially those who are mourning people who they have truly lost. Otherwise for these two days to come together, guardians and shadows a like should come together and celebrate unity, resisting/conquering evil, and life itself. As a general warning: do not bother Athan on this day. You may not like what happens to you.
--
Thirty-First Day of December, This Year of 2009

Day of Hope: A whisper in his dream, perhaps from the Sentinels that guard our dreams - a gift from the Dreamweaver. The hero dreams of the message the Oracle whispered in his ear while he was at the temple. It is then that he realizes that to get home, he only has to follow the single star in the sky that cannot be blocked out by the darkness. Hope is renewed as he finds the energy to make the final steps home. On this day people are meant to light the world. True darkness cannot be abided by, as lights are strung about and the houses decorated with them. Candles in windows, stars on top of trees, and even lights created with magic light up the world, telling us all that where there is darkness, there is all ways light - and hope.

Day of Bright Star: The only star that remained in the sky after the darkness blotted out the other stars. The Bright Star whispered to the young Star-gazer, telling him of their ways and about the other stars. As well as the truth about what was going on; how the Forsaken Ones were creating the darkness that hid the other stars. On this special day, the Bright Star itself is celebrated. It is a guiding light to all - including those that can no longer see or feel it's presence in the sky. It is customary on this day for stars to be adorned upon anything and everything in sight as a tribute.

Festivities: This is not a day that everyone has to be together for. Instead, this day is about decorating and spreading light to even the smallest bit of darkness. String lights, candles, or whatever you prefer at home, at work, or even in the streets. Light the way home for weary travelers or for welcomed guests. Also keep in mind that this day is likely the day that Fiend shall dislike the most. Be a dear and don't make those lights TOO bright.
--
First Day of January, This Coming Year of 2010

Day of Victory:The day the hero makes it home and the cursed one trembles at his presence as he is able to cast him down from his shadowed throne. Through perseverance, knowledge, love, and hope, the hero was able to defeat the cursed one. On this day, it is very common for a mock battle to be held to reenact the final battle. This is a joyous day: welcoming life, the banishing of darkness and that above all else, good all ways triumphs. Over time those that celebrate this day also use it as a day to exchange presents since the hero was adorned with many rewards for his triumph.

Day of Ascension:This day, so long ago, the Alisari that followed the young Star-gazer were able to defeat the Forsaken Ones and their leader. The many stars that had disappeared into darkness returned to their places in the heavens, once again lighting the path the Alisari would follow. It is customary, on this day, for an exchange of both wits and bravery to occur - as it was through both that the young Star-gazer was able to succeed. Towards the end of the day there is all ways some display of lights, fireworks if you may, in the sky as once again the people share the feeling of being where they belong.

Festivities: To honor this day it is preferred that all guardians gather together in a nice secluded area by Bass'ken lake near Reyna's home. It is here that there will be a roaring campfire at night where a mock battle against evil will be held. After the "battle" of wits, bravery, and strength, gifts can be exchanged among those attending. Just remember that not all presents are actually bought.
--

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:06 pm
User Image
Whispers At Night
User Image

Monsters by Matchbox Romance

Girl, what's come between you and me
look right through me