Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Is anyone else upset about this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teagen Sirrus

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:51 pm
The new fiery jewel with it's pentagram item?
Once again it is being shown with blood and murder........... Ugh.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 am
I'm not because they have other items that shows the pentagram not in blood. And the people on here that use it with the blood tend to do it to be edgy. Plus the pentagram is not a symbol of just one religion.

What I find funny though is they recolored the Sylveon item black and red cat_whee  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Teagen Sirrus

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:58 am
But I'm trying to think of a time when they used a cross in a bad way, and I don't think there is one.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:47 pm
Teagen Sirrus
But I'm trying to think of a time when they used a cross in a bad way, and I don't think there is one.

two wrongs don't make a right
and i think they would be more worried about an uproar from christians seeing as gaia is a usa based website and like 70% of the usa is christian  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100

Teagen Sirrus

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:12 pm
Musical_Vampire_Socks

what is the name of the actually item?
i wish they used a different color then red for the symbol
i have seen them use red before green with some leaves
would have been much nicer, yeah i agree
i wish they had made it diffrent
I'm still trying to figure out the name of the item. I'm less up set with the red (my favorite color) and more so with the bloody hand prints and streaks of blood.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:39 am
Teagen Sirrus

That's because there is no way to use the cross in a "bad way" just like there is really no way to use the pentagram in a "bad way".

Plus the Satanists on this site would rather go for the pentagram over the cross anyway. Which is good because the ones that go for the cross usually don't understand the history behind it.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Teagen Sirrus

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:24 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Teagen Sirrus

That's because there is no way to use the cross in a "bad way" just like there is really no way to use the pentagram in a "bad way".

Plus the Satanists on this site would rather go for the pentagram over the cross anyway. Which is good because the ones that go for the cross usually don't understand the history behind it.
I guess, but they tag the items with hell and demonic. Which just perpetuates bad stereotypes yet again.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:51 pm
Teagen Sirrus
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Teagen Sirrus

I guess, but they tag the items with hell and demonic. Which just perpetuates bad stereotypes yet again.

They tag for the overall item. The whole item is demonic themed. I can guarantee you that not all items on here with the pentagram are not tagged demonic or hell. And this is the last I'm going to say because you're not giving any thought to what I've been saying anyway.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Teagen Sirrus

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:34 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
They tag for the overall item. The whole item is demonic themed. I can guarantee you that not all items on here with the pentagram are not tagged demonic or hell. And this is the last I'm going to say because you're not giving any thought to what I've been saying anyway.
No I understand where you are coming from.

I've had a really crappy week (I had a client attack me and then try to get me fired for attacking him, luckily I had a co-worker and a camera that proved I did nothing but duck and defend myself.) and I guess that item at that moment just rubbed me the wrong way, and if it had been at any other time I would have just shrugged it off.

Thanks for chatting with me! Even if I frustrated you sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:31 am
I've been away for a little bit thanks to laptop troubles so I totally missed this item. Personally I don't mind it so much because there seems to be an equal balance of 'nice' Pagan stuff and 'not so nice' Pagan stuff. The reason they probably wouldn't do the same with some of the more Christian flavoured items is because Gaia more than likely employs Christians, and the bulk of the people who use this site are probably either Christian or athiest.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Bella Regina

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:45 pm
Does anyone know the name of it at all?  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:03 am
Well the CI's name is Fiery Jewel...but I don't think that pentagram item came with it. Here's the original announcement and here's an item list. I did a quick check and I could not see the item in question with any of the items involved.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Infinite_Randomness

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:02 pm
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
I've been away for a little bit thanks to laptop troubles so I totally missed this item. Personally I don't mind it so much because there seems to be an equal balance of 'nice' Pagan stuff and 'not so nice' Pagan stuff. The reason they probably wouldn't do the same with some of the more Christian flavoured items is because Gaia more than likely employs Christians, and the bulk of the people who use this site are probably either Christian or atheist.
Very true, however, I think I remember seeing a bit of negative associations in a few (like 1 or 2) Christian-themed items- but it was subtle (e.g.: in the description, but still seeming like a regular Christian item). I'm just trying to remember what it was... :/  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:10 am
Infinite_Randomness
Very true, however, I think I remember seeing a bit of negative associations in a few (like 1 or 2) Christian-themed items- but it was subtle (e.g.: in the description, but still seeming like a regular Christian item). I'm just trying to remember what it was... :/

There was? Wow, I must have been living under a rock the last couple of years.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games