Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Dear Diary [Journals]
{ Rookie } CONDUIT ☎ Danica Taylor Moor (AndrAIa) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andraia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:40 am
WARNING: An excess of DRAMA and TEENAGE ANGST dramallama !
DISCLAIMER: This is not going to be the final version of this entry… it is just a place holder so that I can move on. I have written this post half a dozen times, at least. Each version is worse than the last. So here is a crap-asstic basically-stream-of-consciousness piece to at least –kinda– get the facts out. Yep. Seriouslypleasedontreadthis,Ibegofyou.

Danica Moor had arrived amongst the first students to be brought to the school for the new year. She had opted to arrive via boat rather than helicopter, so that if she shorted out her transportation’s circuitry, they would only be stranded in the water, rather than crashing to their deaths in it. Once she had made it – safely – to the island she had secluded herself from the other newbies by taking a walk around the grounds of her new home. Well, it was very pretty, she would give it that. The trees were magnificent and, growing up as she did in the mainly industrial Ronth, she was always happy to see a little more greenery. She wandered farther into the jungle, browsing, as she went, the Welcome pamphlet she had been given.

As she wandered farther off the main path and deeper into the jungle, the underbrush became thicker, hindering her attempts to read and walk. Satisfied that she could read more when she went back for the introductory speech, she tucked the pamphlet away into her duffle bag. Her easy pace and the quiet sounds of the wildlife lulled the redhead into an easy peace and she found herself thinking over the events that had brought her here.

She had known she was different for a long time. Long enough, anyway, that she wasn’t all that amazed by it anymore. It had gone from being something wonderful and exciting to being something that held her back and made her miserable. Maybe it was just the teenage-blues clouding her mind at the time, but felt like she was drifting away from her friends and she was getting more and more adamant that her parents just didn’t understand. Then, one day while she was wandering around the shopping district by herself, she saw them. They, she would quickly learn, were like her. Different. Special. Gifted. (“Better.” Callum had said.)

They all had their own gifts and their own woes, but they were bonded together by the same things that made them isolated from everybody else. She thought that she had finally found her people. Some of them, it was true, were maybe a little rough around the edges, but none of them had had an easy life. At first she had felt like an imposter amongst them, with her cushy upbringing and her warm bed waiting for her at the end of the day, but they had accepted her as one of them and made her feel welcome. Pulled her into the fold.

They had needed her. She made them stronger, and there was so much that they could not do without her. Together they had done some things back then that, looking back, she wasn’t very proud of. But at the time they had made her feel like she belonged. One day Callum pulled her aside. “There is something I want to do, and we need your help to do it.” She nodded and followed her trusted friend blindly.

Callum had told her his story a long time before this. His parents had been murdered by mafia thug during a bank robbery. The man had been arrested before, but a corrupt judge managed to keep him out of jail, time and time again. The thug had been killed in the act Callum, but blamed the judge. Dani thought that they were just going to scare him. She thought that they were just going to try and set him straight. But Callum was out for blood. They cornered the judge in his office and Callum went into a rage. He was choking the man with his telekinetic powers, until finally, he broke his neck with a deafening snap.

Dani was terrified. She had just watched her friend, someone she trusted, kill a man. She was begging with him to call an ambulance, to try and do something, but he was too far gone. Callum was outside of himself. He ranted about how the whole system was corrupt, how this courthouse was just a symbol of the evil people who control over the city. The building was shaking with his telekinetic fury, strengthened by Danica’s panic. He dragged her – the rest of their ‘friends’ had already run for the hills – outside and tried to bring her around to his way of thinking, but it didn’t matter. He didn’t need her cooperation, he just needed her power.

With a strength he should not have had he began to tear apart the build. Windows shattered from their frames. Gargoyles fell from their stone perches. People inside screamed in terror, but he held them inside with an invisible force. A particularly large chunk of the gray-stone walls fell from the top of the building and tore through a power cable on its way to the ground. The black rope spit and hissed as the exposed wires made contact with the tiny pools of water on the rain-washed street.

With his full energy focused on the building, Callum did not notice Danica run to where the cable had fallen. He did not she her jerk with the sudden influx of power when she wrapped her small fingers around the exposed wires, and he did not hear her sob out a quiet ‘I’m sorry’ before the raw electricity struck him in the back.

Some combination of the shock and the over extension of his powers had sent Callum into a comma. It had been months now and there had still been no change in his condition. He was just lying, handcuffed to a hospital bed, being cared for by the very system that he had called ‘corrupt’ and ‘evil’. She had only been to see him once; right before she left.

Lost in thoughts she had wandered right too the edge of the island (the closest edge, she would later learn). The jungle stopped dead along a ledge that dropped straight down to the rocky water’s edge. The morning sun glinted off of the blue water as it lapped against the stone barrier, and birds flitted back and forth from tree to tree on the micro-islands that dotted the cove. The sight literally took her breath away. She was so wrapped up in it that she did not notice the sound of approaching mechanical legs until a shinny disk-shaped metal head poked up over the cliff edge. What the heck is that?

The tiny metal crab-like creature scuttled a few feet away from her. It’s little red eye-light flickered and a beam shot out of it and scanned the length of her. This… did not bode well. The few more of the robots began to crawl out of the trees and plants around her. Their tiny eyes turned blue and seemed to get brighter and brighter. “Unauthorised entity. Prepare to be subdued.” The first one chirped in an unnatural voice, and fired. Aw he--

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY ONE
[ORP] Meet and Greet - Welcome to the Academy
[PRP] Roommates, New

Day one at “The Academy”.

Just “The Academy”. Such a weird name. It should have something in front of it, like a fancy last name. My old school was Dasvir Academy, but we just called it DA. I wonder if they have a nickname for this place.

I caught the first boat out to the island this morning. It left before the sun was even up, and it got us here well before the opening ceremonies, so I got to take a little walk around the island. It is beautiful here, and there are lots of paths through the forests I can explore on my morning jogs, which is pretty sick.

The ceremonies will a little bit stale, I’ll admit, but I met my new roommate. Her name is Basia and she is a pretty cool girl. She can create portals between two places. I told her about my powers and started experimenting a little bit. The portal more than doubled in size! I actually managed to boost her powers intentionally, it was fantastic.

You know, I wasn’t so sure about this whole arrangement at first… but I think I’m going to do alright here.

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY TWO
[PRP] Use the Limit Breaker Attack!

So... Straffe.

Yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:25 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY THREE
[PRP] A Jammin’ Junction Gym Class

My first gym class at SA and it was totally fantastic.

Made a new friend today too. I think. Maybe frienemy would be the more accurate term. Her name is Clowrey, and she has a crazy temper. We found a common enemy in our psycho gym teacher. We had to run this tripped out obstacle course. It wasn’t just a bunch of monkey bars and mud pits. There were lazers.

What kind of school shoots lazers at their students in gym?

A school for would-be superheroes I guess.

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:29 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY FOUR
[PRP] A Peaceful Place

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:11 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY FIVE
[PRP] Surprise Tag

I've mentioned that the teachers at this school are insane?

Yes. Yes, I believe I have.

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:15 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY SIX
[ORP] Pick-Up Basketball

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY SEVEN
[Solo Mission] Recks Ruthur's Great Escape

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:19 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY EIGHT
[Event] Annual Megapolis Charity Ball
[PRP] Dancing Shoes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:24 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY NINE
[Solo Mission] A CATastrophe

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 pm
JOURNAL ENTRY TEN
[Solo Mission] Recks Ruthur's Great Escape Round Two

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:10 am
1. Last Christmas
2. Decorating the Christmas Tree

User Image

User Image
Clow: Ready to light it up Dani?
Dani: Yep, flip the switch Igor!
Clow: Watch it.

User Image
Clow/Dnai: Oooooh...
Dani: We do good work.
Clow: Yes we do.
Dani: So what should we do next?
Clow: Well, we could always put some mistletoe. Maybe this year you and Straffe will actually-

User Image

User Image
Clow: Daaaaaani...
Dani: I'm going to say that this one was at least half your fault...

3. Gift shopping

User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image

"Seriously. You show up now?"

4. Snowball Fight

User Image
"I think that maybe we shouldn't have been on the same team..."

From Left to Right: Anemone, Tabby, Dani, Agatha

User Image