Mistifear
SloanSage
So... I accept Christ.

Now I'm done.

I can continue sinning all I want.

No worries.

No need to be more Christ like.

No need to refrain from sinning.

No need to refrain from causing others to stumble.

Right?

Or, at least that's what I am getting from your last line in the first paragraph.

I will not take that out of context though.

What I was trying to say is this: acknowledging our sin through asking forgiveness by prayer to God leads us down a stronger path of righteousness and we can change ourselves, our habits, and our deeds. This is a testimony to the world that we are different and that we are changed for the Greatest of Greats! we cannot feel close to God with a ton of sin hanging heavily on our consciences. That feeling of guilt causes us to hold back and we will not fully worship God. Nor will we fully rely on God.

Basically:

Acknowledge the sin,

Change the habits,

Feel freed from guilt,

Fully release yourself to God,

Feel, and be, closer to HIM!
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
I'm guessing this is love
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
You're the remedy to my heartbreak
Wouldn't have it any other way
Hope this never dies...

Thank you for pointing out my wording error, you're correct, that's not what I meant by the last line of my first paragraph. I meant that you can live your life without fear of going to hell because you made a mistake.

I think we're starting to go in circles with this little discussion, so we should probably just end it here XD

What you said makes sense, so I'll just leave it at that. 3nodding

Oh and I love Superchic[k]

I feel a little strange
You go straight to my brain
Drivin' me oh so crazy
Between the sound and lights
You got me hypnotized
And if there never comes a sunrise
Well, that'd be just fine
This will never die...

That is what I thought, but I just wanted to have you clarify so I could be doubly sure (and so that others might not take you the wrong way...).

And again, sorry, I am an english Major, so words and their meanings are my life... I rock as examining 17th Century Poetry and stuffy stuff like that. Sorry...

And yes, Superchick rocks! blaugh

But the question still remains: What do YOU think, Chibi?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:46 am
SloanSage
That is what I thought, but I just wanted to have you clarify so I could be doubly sure (and so that others might not take you the wrong way...).

And again, sorry, I am an english Major, so words and their meanings are my life... I rock as examining 17th Century Poetry and stuffy stuff like that. Sorry...

I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

Makes sense to me. I'm a writing major, so (hopefully, someday) I'll be writing the stuff you might have to examine XD And no need to apologize for it, of course.

When I get into debates and stuff, sometimes I just get caught up in what I'm saying that I don't even think about what I'm saying until I've all ready said it.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

Mistifear

SloanSage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 am
Mistifear
SloanSage

I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

Makes sense to me. I'm a writing major, so (hopefully, someday) I'll be writing the stuff you might have to examine XD And no need to apologize for it, of course.

When I get into debates and stuff, sometimes I just get caught up in what I'm saying that I don't even think about what I'm saying until I've all ready said it.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

Quite used to that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:14 am
Satan feeds on fear, weather its fear of death or of life. The best warriors have always had no fear. Reguardless of there faith it dosent let satan hold them down. So if they die it kinda like. "Hmm, must have messed up." Thats why you shouldent be afraid. Sure it hurts, lots of things hurt. Leting them get to you is a little bit of giving up. Im not sure what your problems are but i would be more then happy to talk to you about them.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:45 pm
Orkronos
Satan feeds on fear, weather its fear of death or of life. The best warriors have always had no fear. Reguardless of there faith it dosent let satan hold them down. So if they die it kinda like. "Hmm, must have messed up." Thats why you shouldent be afraid. Sure it hurts, lots of things hurt. Leting them get to you is a little bit of giving up. Im not sure what your problems are but i would be more then happy to talk to you about them.
Satan only has power if you give him power. The same goes for anything in this world.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:52 pm
life gets hard but God will help u.Suicide is not the answer.God is.I sorta became friends with this one on a thursday.Friday she killed herself.Me and alot of her friends went to consoling and went home.You may be going to heaven but you would have caused alot of paain for the ppl that care for.We care,dont do it.please  

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

SloanSage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:28 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Orkronos
Satan only has power if you give him power. The same goes for anything in this world.

He has powers, just not as great. He was an angel. He has wonderful eloquence. He is able to attack us spiritually. He is able to attack us mentally. That turns into psychologically which can really mess us up.

And the best warriors are brave. Bravery is the presence of fear, but the will to go further and do what they feel/ think/ believe is right. The absence of fear is stupidity.

Thing is, we have a God that is BIGGER than Satan. He is above him. As long as we look to Him, we can do anything.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:24 pm
I've been looking for a song for you (I tend to do that...)

and I found one!

Hold On ~ Nichole Nordeman

It will find you at the bottom of a bottle
It will find you at the needle's end
It will find you when you beg and steal and borrow
It will follow you into a stranger's bed

It will find you when they serve you with the papers
It will find you when the locks have changed again
It will find you when you've called in all your favors
It will meet you at the bridge's highest ledge

So baby don't look down- it's a long way
The sun will come around to a new day

So hold on
Love will fin dyou
Hold on
He's right behind you now
Just turn around
And love will find you

It will find you when the doctor's head is shaking
It will find you in a boardroom mostly dead
It will crawl into the foxhole where you're praying
It will curl up in your halfway empty bed

So baby don't believe that it's over
Maybe you can't see 'round the corner

To hang between two thieves in the darkness
Love must believe you are worth it
You're worth it

~ Hope you get something from that. (especially the last stanza)  

SloanSage

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:14 am
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
Orkronos

He has powers, just not as great. He was an angel. He has wonderful eloquence. He is able to attack us spiritually. He is able to attack us mentally. That turns into psychologically which can really mess us up.

And the best warriors are brave. Bravery is the presence of fear, but the will to go further and do what they feel/ think/ believe is right. The absence of fear is stupidity.

Thing is, we have a God that is BIGGER than Satan. He is above him. As long as we look to Him, we can do anything.
Again if you give Satan power over you then he has power over you. If you ignore him then he doesn't. Same goes for anything else in this world.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:22 am
Only thing is, how does a person know if it's satan and if it's God (or not satan, but something inside telling you to do good)? That is something that some people do struggle with.  

Vondra

SloanSage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:27 pm
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
Orkronos

Again if you give Satan power over you then he has power over you. If you ignore him then he doesn't. Same goes for anything else in this world.

Ignorance is NOT bliss. The things you ignore can still attack you.

Say I ignored you. Do you not exist because I am ignoring you?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:52 am
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
Orkronos

Ignoring someone =/= Ignorance. Refusing to believe that not giving Satan power over will make him go away is ignorance.  

Neferet -House of Night-

SloanSage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:24 am
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
Orkronos

Ignoring someone =/= Ignorance. Refusing to believe that not giving Satan power over will make him go away is ignorance.

Ignoring something causes ignorance. Both words come from the Latin ignorare with in = 'not' and gno = "know"

Both mean not-know (or basically, knowing not).

Also, Satan will not just go away. I will be moving this discussion to the Debate thread now because it has gone off topic for far too long now.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:33 pm
Sure it's possible.
Belief in God doesn't garuntee freedom from anxiety and depression.
However, God might allow it as an obsticle to help you grow, even if it is that overwhelming.
I mean I've been very depressed in the past too.  

SUPERSQUIRRELX

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:54 am
The OP hasn't posted in a while. Wonder what that means.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff