Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
That's It I'm Gonna Kill Myself[closed] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:31 pm
Do you think it's possible for a born-again Christian to fall susceptible to committing suicide? I'm so close to doing it it's not even funny. Seriously guys I can't take this s**t anymore.

:edit: Now I feel even worse so I'd like one of the admins to delete this thread of something. Flamers are coming. That's fun for no one.

Thanks everyone for your help and support. 3nodding I hope you receive many blessings~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:57 am
What is a born again Christian? Is it someone who has made a bad mistake in the past and later converted or is it someone that reincarnated as a Christian? I think that the latter is what the Bible is talking about. We're all sucidal at some point in our lives, regardless of religious status. Being a born again doesn't make you less susceptible to the sins of the world.  

Neferet -House of Night-

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:56 am
Dark Angel Rai
What is a born again Christian? Is it someone who has made a bad mistake in the past and later converted or is it someone that reincarnated as a Christian? I think that the latter is what the Bible is talking about. We're all sucidal at some point in our lives, regardless of religious status. Being a born again doesn't make you less susceptible to the sins of the world.

gonk That's true! That's why I get pissed off when I ask this pastor if it's possible and he said something like "well it just means the Holy Spirit isn't in you to give you hope." Technically that's true, but that doesn't mean I'm sinless.

Pretty much the only thing stopping me at this point is the fear of the unknown (what will happen exactly after I die?), even though I know I'll be in heaven it's still a frightening thought. As soon as I'm over that, well, don't expect my character to be online anymore xp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:02 pm
ChibiLi
gonk That's true! That's why I get pissed off when I ask this pastor if it's possible and he said something like "well it just means the Holy Spirit isn't in you to give you hope." Technically that's true, but that doesn't mean I'm sinless.

Pretty much the only thing stopping me at this point is the fear of the unknown (what will happen exactly after I die?), even though I know I'll be in heaven it's still a frightening thought. As soon as I'm over that, well, don't expect my character to be online anymore xp
I'm glad you haven't done it D:

"As long as there is life, there is hope." We should not fear death, but we must not allow ourselves to be tempted by suicide. That is why Jesus said 'No' when He was told to throw himself down from the mountain.

You're here for a reason. Stay and fight with us! Don't give yourself over to those thoughts and don't try to look for an easy way out.

Please listen to the voice of the Lord: DON'T DO IT.
You are meant to make a difference in someone's life. You're alive with a purpose and God loves you very much. You're more important than you know and you're loved by your Saviour more than you can understand.

Stay the course. If you don't feel like you're going to make it, I'll pray for you.  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:16 pm
ChibiLi
Dark Angel Rai

The fear of Death is one that humanity shares. We're all afraid of dying. That's what keeps us alive (for the most part). We all don't know where we'll end up and that's what keeps us living. Though there are those (like me) who are curious of the unknown and wish to learn more about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:18 pm
Being able to live is a priceless gift. No matter how bad a situation is, one can surely make something good out of it.  

Fallpray

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:16 pm
Or if you feel comfortable, why don't we tackle the root of the issues as a family? What's bothering you? What's driving you to the brink of suicide? Anything any one of us can help?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:57 pm
Pics or it didn't happen.

Srsly though, push forward. What could be so bad?  

divineseraph

Mistifear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:11 pm
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
I'm guessing this is love
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
You're the remedy to my heartbreak
Wouldn't have it any other way
Hope this never dies...

I know exactly how you feel and I almost did myself once. It took me half a year to work through it all with God, but I'm still here, thankfully. Every so often I still wish that I could kill myself, but in the end the thought of my family and friends makes me stop and reconsider. If no one loved me in the world, I probably would kill myself, because it would put me in heaven with God and my savior.

As others have said, just because you're a Christian doesn't mean that you are exempt from temptations and sin. We all fall into some form of it everyday, regardless of our standing with God and Christ.

I still struggle with the vague point of whether or not suicide is a sin...

I feel a little strange
You go straight to my brain
Drivin' me oh so crazy
Between the sound and lights
You got me hypnotized
And if there never comes a sunrise
Well, that'd be just fine
This will never die...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:20 pm
I'm not attacking any one right now. I'm simply putting this out there for all of you to ponder, so don't think I'm trying to hurt or offend anyone when I say this:
Suicide is sin in the Bible.
If you kill yourself, then you don't have time to ask for forgiveness. Once you're at heaven's gates and God's looking at what you did in life, he's not going to say, "Well, you were a relatively good person, but this one sin... I think I'll forgive it."
And to quote a friend, "The only reason I haven't committed suicide is because I'm more afraid of Hell," and, "Life sucks. Hell is worse."
The final judgement is after you're dead. Life is your time to show what you are capable of and to spread God's word.
If you kill yourself with the intention of getting to Heaven and ending your worldly pain, then that is selfish and reflects greed; Greed is one of the seven deadly sins.
(If you want, you could take it as far as theft; You're taking a life loaned to you by God, so that life is not your own to take)

I am quoting this directly from the bible:
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV) [19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

(1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV) [16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

Trying to get into Heaven early by taking your life before you've completely your job of spreading His word, then you're a line cutter. No one likes a line cutter; God doesn't either and that's why he set strict rules against it. Though, this is a focus on how His will for you is not suicide and that you were bought at a price, so you can't take something that isn't yours to take.

Like I said before, I'm not bashing. I just wanted to point out that suicide is not the way to go. It's not what God wants. He put each and every one of us here to seek Him out. Once we find Him we are to spread His word and bring others into His family, that way we can make our way to Heaven in our right time.
I really hope some of you take this to heart or at least consider my words. God loves all of us and puts trials in our lives to test our faith. It's our choice to endure them or to give in to Satan's will and misinterpret those messages.
If you love God, seek Him out and study His word.  

Babbalui

Mistifear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:03 pm
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
I'm guessing this is love
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
You're the remedy to my heartbreak
Wouldn't have it any other way
Hope this never dies...

I'm also not going to bash, but I am going to point out one thing: as long as you are a Christian (meaning that you've accepted the gift of Christ's salvation) then suicide is not something that you can be held accountable for on judgment day. If God punishes you for one sin, despite that you are a Christian, than God's work through Christ would be completely invalid.
It is through Christ that we have found the final forgiveness for all of the sins that we commit, past, present and future. Therefore, if you commit suicide, and are a Christian, you will not be punished for it.
Anyway, that's my two cents on the comment Babbalui made.

I feel a little strange
You go straight to my brain
Drivin' me oh so crazy
Between the sound and lights
You got me hypnotized
And if there never comes a sunrise
Well, that'd be just fine
This will never die...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:49 pm
Babbalui
I'm not attacking any one right now. I'm simply putting this out there for all of you to ponder, so don't think I'm trying to hurt or offend anyone when I say this:
Suicide is sin in the Bible.
If you kill yourself, then you don't have time to ask for forgiveness. Once you're at heaven's gates and God's looking at what you did in life, he's not going to say, "Well, you were a relatively good person, but this one sin... I think I'll forgive it."
And to quote a friend, "The only reason I haven't committed suicide is because I'm more afraid of Hell," and, "Life sucks. Hell is worse."
The final judgement is after you're dead. Life is your time to show what you are capable of and to spread God's word.
If you kill yourself with the intention of getting to Heaven and ending your worldly pain, then that is selfish and reflects greed; Greed is one of the seven deadly sins.
(If you want, you could take it as far as theft; You're taking a life loaned to you by God, so that life is not your own to take)

I am quoting this directly from the bible:
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV) [19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

(1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV) [16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

Trying to get into Heaven early by taking your life before you've completely your job of spreading His word, then you're a line cutter. No one likes a line cutter; God doesn't either and that's why he set strict rules against it. Though, this is a focus on how His will for you is not suicide and that you were bought at a price, so you can't take something that isn't yours to take.

Like I said before, I'm not bashing. I just wanted to point out that suicide is not the way to go. It's not what God wants. He put each and every one of us here to seek Him out. Once we find Him we are to spread His word and bring others into His family, that way we can make our way to Heaven in our right time.
I really hope some of you take this to heart or at least consider my words. God loves all of us and puts trials in our lives to test our faith. It's our choice to endure them or to give in to Satan's will and misinterpret those messages.
If you love God, seek Him out and study His word.
Suicide isn't the unforgiveable sin. You're confusing that with blashmephy against the holy spirit. Depending on the reason I think God can forgive suicide. He's uhm God.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Babbalui

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:25 pm
Let me rephrase;
It's a sin that you can't repent for after death.
Also, if you are christian and follow the teachings of God, then you wouldn't commit suicide in the first place, because it specifically says in the Bible not to.
I found places in Corinthians, though there are likely other places that it talks about it. Given time I can find more, though at this point I don't think it matters. I just wanted to speak to all of you who may not know much about the Bible and are considering suicide. I am not using it as a scare tactic or to offend. God knows I don't want you to get angry at this.

Another point that I think should be mentioned (I don't want this to be an open debate, but I want to throw this out there) if "He's uhm God," and can forgive suicide, then wouldn't that mean he'd forgive all sinners despite their sins against him, known or not? If he was to forgive something like that (Which I'm not saying it doesn't happen), then wouldn't he just forgive everyone and keep Satan from having any victory at all?

But enough of that. I am saying that if you are a believer that the Bible is God's Word and it is true, then you are hopefully taking those verses to heart. I found exact verses that tell you specifically that "You are that temple," and "Therefore honor God with your body," and "if anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him."
"Anyone" means ANYONE, including you. Committing suicide is destroying God's temple, therefore God will destroy you.
That's as plain as it gets right there and that's directly from the Bible. There is no misinterpretation because it spells it out for you loud and clear.
I've said my peace. I do not want to argue and I am just sharing with you what we are all taught (or should be taught) from the Bible.

I have taken to heart your ideas as I hope you all take to heart my ideas and the Word from the Bible and from God.

I know that God doesn't want you to kill yourself. He has a purpose for all of us here on earth. What good will you bring from killing yourself before you fulfill that purpose? If you have family problems, they will only increase for your family if you kill yourself. My brother was a suicide. He hung himself. I loved him. This even chokes me up to think about it. He was not a good person and I didn't look up to him at all, but I still loved him. I bawled my eyes out for days when he died and I still have trouble with it. It's been two years. If you think no one loves you, then go ahead and kill yourself, but just know that once you do, you'll be missed and cried for whether people do or do not show it now. Someone cares for you deeply. By killing yourself, all you are doing is causing that person pain.
If anything, think about that person. If you don't think you're worth it, just think about that one person, whether you know who it is or not, that truly cares about you. They exist.
Please, don't cause them the pain that has been done to me and my own family.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:41 pm
I agree with Bab.

There is also a commandment that literally translates from the Hebrew to "do no murder" - most know it as "Thou shalt not kill" from the ever so popular KJV. (which I like to read in conjunction with my ESV)

To kill one's self is to basically commit murder. God does not like to have people kill themselves just as he does not like them killing themselves.

If He were to forgive all sins that happened between repentance and death, all would be forgiven and therefore Christ's death was un-needed. Christ died so that we could get to heaven.

ChibiLi - I suggest that you talk to another pastor, such as a youth counselor. If you are part of the Southern Baptist church, then I could probably get you infor on a counselor in your area. Also, there are hot-lines to help you through.

I suggest this to ANYONE who is thinking of suicide or has struggled with thoughts of suicide before.

http://www.twloha.com/page.php?id=11

Or type in for a search "to write love on her arms"

There you can find hotlines to help you.

And always remember, you are GOD's perfect creation, NOTHING about you makes HIM hate you, and overall HE is the ONLY one you are to look at loving you. Yes, it is nice to have an easy life, and people who like you, but really, look at the apostles and all the martyrs before us and in the world still today. Do not become a martyr of the world and of thoughts full of sin.

God loves you, and so do I, even though I have not met you before. I too, have struggled with a hard time and some thoughts of suicide, but I had friends to help me out. If you will listen, we will be your friends and there are those who can help you, too. Just call on us.

If you have specific prayer requests (such as things in your life that are making you feel worthless and fed up and wanting to just check out), then feel free to PM me ANYTIME!

Do not wait any longer to get help.  

SloanSage

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:56 pm
Zora Darkblade
ChibiLi

I'm glad you haven't done it D:

"As long as there is life, there is hope." We should not fear death, but we must not allow ourselves to be tempted by suicide. That is why Jesus said 'No' when He was told to throw himself down from the mountain.

You're here for a reason. Stay and fight with us! Don't give yourself over to those thoughts and don't try to look for an easy way out.

Please listen to the voice of the Lord: DON'T DO IT.
You are meant to make a difference in someone's life. You're alive with a purpose and God loves you very much. You're more important than you know and you're loved by your Saviour more than you can understand.

Stay the course. If you don't feel like you're going to make it, I'll pray for you.

Please pray for me. The odd thing is that I wrote this subject before an event worse event happened, which ties into my "can Christians be psychics?" subject because what happened recently was something I knew would already happen. It's really too much to bare.

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff