Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Meta Decks of the new format. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which will be the top?
  Lightsworn
  Gladiator Beast
  Light and Dark Monarch
  Zombie Synchro (Down but not out)
  DarkDAD (I'm sure it has some bite left)
  Plants
  Blackwing (Just a guess)
  Other (Please tell us your other ideas)
View Results

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:41 pm
What do you think the new big deck is going to be? My vote is still on Lightsworn but there are other colossal decks thanks to the new list.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:43 pm
i say removal decks will return...from the different dimension  

Bainex

Synaku_Blade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:48 pm
I'm pretty sure Plants will start to take the Meta. I'm beginning to see a lot of competitive Plant decks, and they've been receiving a LOT of support.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:56 pm
With Raiza at two, there's a small percentage who will try and play Perfect Circle again, with and without Light and Darkness Dragon. However, if the population will focus on Lightsworn as it seems to do so, Light and Darkness Dragon is a poor choice for its ruling Vs. Jain, Lightsworn Paladin.

Lightsworn is a big name with this format of course, since it's become the fastest deck to splash a Chaos Sorcerer and even Dark Armed Dragon into.

Players such as the ones in my local area will stick with decks that they have won with, and decks that in the States have already won with. Currently, Lightsworn has tops but no wins in the States, and even when down to 1 Bestiari, Gladiator Beasts will have a large bite on the game.

Also to this list, and with the upcoming cards and look of the meta, anti-meta will have a step up as competition.  

Jazz Turnabout

Lilliana Yvierine

Shy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:13 pm
i agree with sieg, with most running 2 necro guardna, and 1 PSZ, and if im missing any other dark tell me, easily millable and removeable for Chaos Sorc.

imagine JD, pop the field with 3 darks in grave SS DAD, then remove a lS and a dark, Chaos Sorc

LS will top this new series

macro monarch will make a comeback

Plants might increase in popularity  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:03 pm
Well it's pretty obvious LS is going to be sweeping the nation for the next six months.

Let's start making bets on the Sept. 2009 list shall we?

I vote JD, Solar Recharge and Charge at 1.  

Synaku_Blade

Aya_Aki_kun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:07 pm
Synaku_Blade
Well it's pretty obvious LS is going to be sweeping the nation for the next six months.

Let's start making bets on the Sept. 2009 list shall we?

I vote JD, Solar Recharge and Charge at 1.

There is no math involved in LS period. It's all random. If lightsworn was a consistant deck, they'd have won sjc by now. The reason lightsworn hasn't been touched and will never be touched is the simple fact of "milling". As long as ls have mill, the deck unfortunatly is balanced and gives no advantage what so ever.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:08 am
Perfect Circle.  

Futa Waifu

Eager Receiver

Saniichi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:41 am
My guess is LS as theyre relatively untouched now. GB might still be a force to recon with, but the right synch build can take them down pretty fast. As far as what I'd LIKE to see top, Black Feathers. Awesome deck that I'll be playing once I get my hands on them (BF monarch with 2 raiza and 2 caius, along with some other fun winged beast support and my own personal techs ofcourse)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:56 pm
Lightsworn will make like a million tops just because it's what everyone will be playing for the first couple weeks, it's the obvious move as it's the only one that wasn't restricted in a major way. GB isn't really hurt at all, nor Anti-Meta type decks, so as soon as someone tops with one of those they'll be back. And of course BF is great.  

Kuan Hsing

The Mighty Q

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:07 pm
By Crisis or Battle morphs will be fast as hell. With that plus massive draw power it could end up to be an OTK.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:53 pm
Everyone seems to be shitting bricks over Lightsworn, but I think Monarchs are going to come back.  

Exotahu

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:55 pm
Exotahu
... I think Monarchs are going to come back.

They always seem to do so after the big guys from the previous format get banned/rendered almost if not completely obsolete, and then they fall back down again.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:48 pm
Exotahu
Everyone seems to be shitting bricks over Lightsworn, but I think Monarchs are going to come back.

oppression monarch will do ok but as from what we've seen ls topped at sjc's while monarchs didn't during the teledad days.  

Aya_Aki_kun

Tamake-Sempai

Mega Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:44 pm
1 card can MURDER lightsworns and it is a common in the new set so i say plants (and not just because i already SLAY lightsworns with them)  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff