Welcome to Gaia! ::

What part of zOMG! was the first to confuse you? Elaborate in the topic, please! Let's talk! We've all had our "days"... :P

I couldn't find my way out of the null. 0.063291139240506 6.3% [ 10 ]
I didn't know what lag was and had no idea why I couldn't move. 0.056962025316456 5.7% [ 9 ]
I wondered what all that recrewting for smEB, smob, etc was about! 0.18354430379747 18.4% [ 29 ]
Why were there rings in the MP if I couldn't sell mine?!11! 0.075949367088608 7.6% [ 12 ]
The first buff ring I found. Why the heck couldn't I shoot with it? 0.10759493670886 10.8% [ 17 ]
Stuck in the trees and I couldn't move! PANIC!! 0.044303797468354 4.4% [ 7 ]
Why were all these people in GB standing by the null instead of killing Sand Golems like decent players? 0.082278481012658 8.2% [ 13 ]
I never got confused. I'm just THAT bright! 0.18987341772152 19.0% [ 30 ]
I'm an old player and still confused about a lot of things. 0.15189873417722 15.2% [ 24 ]
I'm only just starting out and lots of things confuse me! 0.044303797468354 4.4% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 158 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Destructive Bunny

GuinAoiichi

around december '08 jan '09. I remember cuz, at one point i kept dieing . And everytime i'd null, there would be the same guy there. He wasnt part of the crew. So like around the fifth time i a row , the guy goes : " wow , you sure die alot ". I think he was eithere upgradeing or chatting with someone.
Haha I see, maybe it was glitch, like the ones where 20 people cram into one instance, nice reaction from that guy XD

Rainbow Hunter

I'm amused that 14 people voted "I never got confused, I'm just that smart". lol

Rainbow Hunter

Edited with guild info and link for D.I.V.I.N.I.T.Y biggrin heart

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Absolutely awesome guide. :3 I approve.

Memory Haunts You

Honestly, I think this guild should be what all true z!Fers strive for the z!F should be doing anyway. I joined, but I can't promise I'll visit regularly seeing as I often forget there are such things as guilds ( and how to visit them ).

---

As for one of my many "derp" moments when I first started out:
When I started, I chose Solar Rays as my attack ring, so when I got into the Sewers and saw the other two attack rings, I kept asking myself, "How do I get that power to shoot fire at the Gramsters? T: I want it!!"

Another "Ren's an idiot" moment:
Climbing the ladder out of the Sewers and wondering how to get back down, then promptly forgetting because of the Jack-o-Lanterns scattered around Barton Town. xP ( In fact, I believe at that point, you couldn't get back down. @.@ ) Then wondering what the random "smaller pumpkins that attacked you" were.

One more for kicks:
"How do I buff myself?" Buffs were single-target and most were Ally-only, so derp. xP

Rainbow Hunter

Ren Orenji Doragon
Absolutely awesome guide. :3 I approve.

Memory Haunts You

Honestly, I think this guild should be what all true z!Fers strive for the z!F should be doing anyway. I joined, but I can't promise I'll visit regularly seeing as I often forget there are such things as guilds ( and how to visit them ).

Oh I agree!
But a guild is practical; in the z!F, we don't have the power to make our own subforums to keep the requests for help neatly organised (e.g. "Help needed with leveling up", "Help needed with Attunement", etc) while in the guild we can do just that. biggrin It's easier to keep track.
I don't know what it is with z!F recrewtment threads, but they never seem to last. :/

Aaaaaand if we catch people in the guild who are being trollish and mean to newbies, we can boot them out to keep things clean and friendly! twisted

Quote:

"How do I buff myself?" Buffs were single-target and most were Ally-only, so derp. xP

We are sooo spoiled right now, with the way buffs work these days. mrgreen
Thank goodness that buffs aren't Ally-only anymore, though, that is at least *one* improvement for people who like to play solo.

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
Well since I had the old train tutorial I was taught a lot of things like how to buff different rage ranks and what certain rings were and all that jazz. So honestly not much did surprise me in the beginning. Although I do remember my friend was like hey let me go to Doll Shrine with you and I was amazed at her being able to self heal and be like a tank when I was struggling on the easy difficulty in it. Ha ha.

Rainbow Hunter

azndreams
Well since I had the old train tutorial I was taught a lot of things like how to buff different rage ranks and what certain rings were and all that jazz. So honestly not much did surprise me in the beginning. Although I do remember my friend was like hey let me go to Doll Shrine with you and I was amazed at her being able to self heal and be like a tank when I was struggling on the easy difficulty in it. Ha ha.

A tad off topic, but your avvie is awesome. lol

I always regret that I never got to experience the train tutorial. sad
In reply to the poll: The first buff ring I found. Why the heck couldn't I shoot with it?
My first I believe was Improbability Sphere. At first I was irked because back when zOMG! first started it was an ally-only buff.

-Keesune-'s Significant Otter

Dapper Stalker

I must admit, I've been avoiding the z!F for a few months due to the large amount of headaches all the arguments were giving me, but this topic is most encouraging. :'D

Would it be possible for me to have my Clan added?
((And by 'My' I mean the one that I'm apart of. I'm the youngest of the VC's and we all put in a fair amount of effort. xD ))

User Image

We are a clan where the focus is fun. Everyone is a friend, and we care much more about enjoying ourselves and each other than we do about being the biggest or best. If you want to read more you can check out our Clans of Battle topic -here-

In answer to your poll, I've always been a really impatient person so I never read through the train guide properly. It took me weeks to realise I could use the number keys to attack/ heal/ what have you and even longer to figure out how to RR4 buff. I pity the people that initially crewed with me to be honest, I would always manually click the ring buttons with my mouse. sweatdrop

Rainbow Hunter

Beenz
I must admit, I've been avoiding the z!F for a few months due to the large amount of headaches all the arguments were giving me, but this topic is most encouraging. :'D

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that! biggrin

Quote:

Would it be possible for me to have my Clan added?

Done!! Thanks for the info!

heart heart heart

Dapper Stalker

Memory Haunts You

Thank you. heart

Also, train tutorial. Even if you haven't actually experienced it, if you watch the video enough you can brainwash yourself into believing you did? 8D You might wanna mute the vid though.

Benevolent Codger

Beenz

Got my hopes up, you did - I was thinking that just maybe this would've been the very first tutorial, but I don't think we have a video preserving that one. It may be sentimental bias, but I've always found the 'trash can on a train' tutorial a little ridiculous. whee

Still, it was leagues better than what we have now, so I'm glad we've still got it as a reference, at the very least... sweatdrop

Rainbow Hunter

Beenz
Memory Haunts You

Thank you. heart

Also, train tutorial. Even if you haven't actually experienced it, if you watch the video enough you can brainwash yourself into believing you did? 8D You might wanna mute the vid though.

Nope can't brainwash myself into it... tried that before. rofl But thanks anyway! biggrin

Dapper Stalker

Red Kutai
Beenz

Got my hopes up, you did - I was thinking that just maybe this would've been the very first tutorial, but I don't think we have a video preserving that one. It may be sentimental bias, but I've always found the 'trash can on a train' tutorial a little ridiculous. whee

Still, it was leagues better than what we have now, so I'm glad we've still got it as a reference, at the very least... sweatdrop

Sorry to disappoint! Alas, I tried looking for the original tutorial but to no avail. I would have liked to have seen it too as the earliest one I experienced was the trashcan-train version. sweatdrop

However, having a version we can covert until we go crazy is always nice. Even if the developers forget, we never will. emotion_dowant

Destructive Bunny

I still have such a strong recollection of the original tutorial it's scary o.O

You start off on the train, meet frank, learn how to walk and pull levels, then kill trash cans, gramster and pee lungers for your three starter rings, and can't progress unless you used rage on one of the trash cans xd

Actually, thinking back, getting an attack, heal and buff ring when starting off was really good. Now players just spam guns and don't really have a feel for heals and buffs XD;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff