Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devout Lunatic

25,125 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
neat! Sure, I noticed but could not wanted to comment as well saying "a cave!" at all, until now...

which really don't seem like a cave to me at all!!! Now I wonder about the origin of that "cave"... the entrance have steps...

Ahhh... finally the Hidden Ninja Forest... xd
I wonder where the cave will lead...!

O.G. Noob

7,825 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
gataka
I was thinking the other way around: there's water coming out of Bass'Ken, but no visible source keeping it from drying out. Five options:
1- Bassie's tears keep it afloat.
2- Some underground river.
3- Some geography has been failed.
4- Seasonal, but stuck in game time. Highly unlikely.
5- It's a game. Somewhat likely.

you forgot one option

6- A Wizard did it. extremely likely.
o.o surprised so few people have questions xp

Familiar Lunatic

How zoomed out can we go?
I want to be a pixel fighting a bunch of other pixels :3

playing with myself
gataka
I was thinking the other way around: there's water coming out of Bass'Ken, but no visible source keeping it from drying out. Five options:
1- Bassie's tears keep it afloat.
2- Some underground river.
3- Some geography has been failed.
4- Seasonal, but stuck in game time. Highly unlikely.
5- It's a game. Somewhat likely.

you forgot one option

I AM the Wizard, and I don't recall doing it. I don't recall not doing it either. It's 55%/55%/42%.

Distinct Warlord

gataka
I AM the Wizard, and I don't recall doing it. I don't recall not doing it either. It's 55%/55%/42%.
Silly gataka, you're not the only wizard around.

Now the law of mages declares that we start an endless battle. ninja

Lonely Dragon

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Familiar Lunatic

Ya, really.
Ungoliath
gataka

Silly gataka, you're not the only wizard around.

Now the law of mages declares that we start an endless battle. ninja
scream There can be only one!

But I'm hungry.
SolarInvictus
Wow, that is amazing. eek

Can somebody explain to me why the GB and BB are on the same wire mesh, yet are different areas? I have a feeling it is rather simple, it is just escaping me. sweatdrop

It's basically because the size of the areas required that they be split. Flash has a horizontal (7 rooms) and vertical (11 rooms) limitation to how large an area can be before it just can't display it. Regardless of this, if any area has too many rooms, the load time for a level would take too long and be more prone to errors.

We knew we wanted to make the rest of Boardwalk eventually, so that extra space was allocated in the Boardwalk Flash file even though it didn't exist yet.

The mesh wasn't broken just for 3D modeling reasons. It was easier to keep it whole since the sand and water texture needed to tile. Creating the alpha fading water edges in 3D is the most complicated thing done in all the environments. I could write up a whole tutorial just on that! gonk For that reason, it's much easier to keep the water geometry as one piece which is what was done here. sweatdrop
[ JK ]
gataka
You've answered all my questions! : D
And then some.
I don't recall ever seeing the camo/green version of the Village assets: what are they for?
I can't spot a river feeding Bass'Ken, thought.

Wireframe is sexy o 3o

Heh, you guys catch every little detail. razz

I'll let Mav explain about the camouflaged mushrooms if he wishes to share. Also, the river does feed into something... we just haven't shown it yet.

A planned revamp for the southern part of the Village was going to make it look more war torn and military. Not sure if or when this would be addressed though.
Master Drakontis
MinTheRedd
[ JK ]
Jane Fallen Angel
@JK

So your gonna open up the area between Zen and Old Aqueduct?

I don't get it, wouldn't that just make a big CL change from Zen to the OA? Or unless you keep a minimum cl to get into the OA.
And I never understood the little river swirl in Bass'ken lake. It that just for landscaping or are you planning on getting creative with it?

No, we'll add an area (hidden ninja forest) between zen and aqueduct. We don't currently have plans to allow you to reach the aqueduct directly thru that forest.

Also, to reach that cave instance which you see from the 3D screen grab, you'll need to go on a roundabout way, through the durem reclamation facility and one other zone (which is yet to be announced, but we've designed).

*wriggles with excitement* This is so epic. It's cool to know it's designed, so it's not like "It will be there eventually, but we got nothin' right now."

I love all the dev-to-player feedback we've been getting lately. It really sparks more faith in zOMG and lessens a lot of the complaining around the forum.

Also, if you're allowed to tell this, do you work at some big Gaia HQ building? If so, what state is it in? Unless it's not in the states. Then where is it?

If I remember rightly, I heard something about it being in California somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I love these threads. And to hear of so many ideas for new stuff. o,,o I can't wait for them to come out. I love all the work you guys have put into all of this. It really pays off. Especially Gambino's ego matching head! And the Kraken thing. And just yeah, it's all awesome.

Yup, you're right. We're located in San Jose, California.

Glad you enjoy the threads! biggrin
Ungoliath
Bladeglory
User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~
I see a cave under OA's crystal~

Was the first thing I noticed too xd

EDIT:
[ JK ]
Jane Fallen Angel
@JK
So your gonna open up the area between Zen and Old Aqueduct?
I don't get it, wouldn't that just make a big CL change from Zen to the OA? Or unless you keep a minimum cl to get into the OA.
And I never understood the little river swirl in Bass'ken lake. It that just for landscaping or are you planning on getting creative with it?

No, we'll add an area (hidden ninja forest) between zen and aqueduct. We don't currently have plans to allow you to reach the aqueduct directly thru that forest.

Also, to reach that cave instance which you see from the 3D screen grab, you'll need to go on a roundabout way, through the durem reclamation facility and one other zone (which is yet to be announced, but we've designed).

Hidden Village Konoha xd And awesome,I love the idea!

Question: How many more areas (You don't need to name them, just tease us) have you already designed? How many planned? How ahead are you guys already? :O

That question's only tough to answer because it's hard to keep track of all the areas we've planned or discussed over the years. There are at least over half a dozen. They're all in different states of concept, possible 3D models and scope. Most have a long way to go until completion, and new ideas for areas constantly crop up. Yeah, tough to answer... sweatdrop
Patrick Jiuliani
Im personally betting the lake is feed through an underground river and tunnel system possibly through the cave area under the mountain after all that is where underground springs are most likely to occur but anyways its very interesting to see how the camera angle works and how things are worked into the grid. Did you guys every have to change things because something only fit the grid in an awkward way and how far along in the development of the game did you come up with this system to make the game have that 2d appearance while still being designed in 3d?

A lot! blaugh There were a good deal of areas that needed to be tweaked to work with the grid and room layout. It adds an extra level of complexity to design an area while also thinking about room transition; something 3D games don't have to worry about for instance.

The system of making a 2D game designed in 3D was decided right at the beginning of production. After the decision was made to go ahead with 3D instead of painting environments and assets by hand in 2D, the course of the game was set.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff