Welcome to Gaia! ::

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Wow, is all I can say to this. :3 You guys really worked hard on zOMG!
gataka
You've answered all my questions! : D
And then some.
I don't recall ever seeing the camo/green version of the Village assets: what are they for?
I can't spot a river feeding Bass'Ken, thought.

Wireframe is sexy o 3o

Heh, you guys catch every little detail. razz

I'll let Mav explain about the camouflaged mushrooms if he wishes to share. Also, the river does feed into something... we just haven't shown it yet.

Shy Streaker

@JK

So your gonna open up the area between Zen and Old Aqueduct?

I don't get it, wouldn't that just make a big CL change from Zen to the OA? Or unless you keep a minimum cl to get into the OA.
And I never understood the little river swirl in Bass'ken lake. It that just for landscaping or are you planning on getting creative with it?
Jane Fallen Angel
@JK

I don't get it, wouldn't that just make a big CL change from Zen to the OA? Or unless you keep a minimum cl to get into the OA.
And I never understood the little river swirl in Bass'ken lake. It that just for landscaping or are you planning on getting creative with it?

No, we'll add an area (hidden ninja forest) between zen and aqueduct. We don't currently have plans to allow you to reach the aqueduct directly thru that forest.

Also, to reach that cave instance which you see from the 3D screen grab, you'll need to go on a roundabout way, through the durem reclamation facility and one other zone (which is yet to be announced, but we've designed).

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
That is sooooo cool, I really can't wait to see what you've guys have been cooking up for us! ^_^

Those different camera angles of OA look might smexy.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Thank you for sharing. This is just what I've always wanted, things explain a bit. You guys rock. But I don't see Cloud City. D: Come one guys, you know you wanna make it!
I like the 3D landscape....>_>
I still wonder how you guys can handle so much work.

Familiar Lunatic

[ JK ]
gataka
You've answered all my questions! : D
And then some.
I don't recall ever seeing the camo/green version of the Village assets: what are they for?
I can't spot a river feeding Bass'Ken, thought.

Wireframe is sexy o 3o

Heh, you guys catch every little detail. razz

I'll let Mav explain about the camouflaged mushrooms if he wishes to share. Also, the river does feed into something... we just haven't shown it yet.
Nah, I'm sure we don't.

My theory is that the Gnomes going all-military would have gotten a related color scheme, but this ended up not looking right. It may also have been part of some Halloween plan.

I was thinking the other way around: there's water coming out of Bass'Ken, but no visible source keeping it from drying out. Five options:
1- Bassie's tears keep it afloat.
2- Some underground river.
3- Some geography has been failed.
4- Seasonal, but stuck in game time. Highly unlikely.
5- It's a game. Somewhat likely.
[ JK ]
Jane Fallen Angel
@JK

No, we'll add an area (hidden ninja forest) between zen and aqueduct. We don't currently have plans to allow you to reach the aqueduct directly thru that forest.

Also, to reach that cave instance which you see from the 3D screen grab, you'll need to go on a roundabout way, through the durem reclamation facility and one other zone (which is yet to be announced, but we've designed).

*wriggles with excitement* This is so epic. It's cool to know it's designed, so it's not like "It will be there eventually, but we got nothin' right now."

I love all the dev-to-player feedback we've been getting lately. It really sparks more faith in zOMG and lessens a lot of the complaining around the forum.

Also, if you're allowed to tell this, do you work at some big Gaia HQ building? If so, what state is it in? Unless it's not in the states. Then where is it?

Distinct Warlord

Bladeglory
User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~
I see a cave under OA's crystal~

Was the first thing I noticed too xd

EDIT:
[ JK ]
Jane Fallen Angel
@JK

Hidden Village Konoha xd And awesome,I love the idea!

Question: How many more areas (You don't need to name them, just tease us) have you already designed? How many planned? How ahead are you guys already? :O
It seems there is a new area on the left side of path that's going to the old aqueduct null pirate
In short, underneath the mountain pirate

Ruthless Businessman

Im personally betting the lake is feed through an underground river and tunnel system possibly through the cave area under the mountain after all that is where underground springs are most likely to occur but anyways its very interesting to see how the camera angle works and how things are worked into the grid. Did you guys every have to change things because something only fit the grid in an awkward way and how far along in the development of the game did you come up with this system to make the game have that 2d appearance while still being designed in 3d?

Omnipresent Vampire

13,775 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Wow this looks like a boat load of programming and all that fun stuff. Do you guys at gaia ever sleep? xD

You guys should work on the buccaneer boardwalk sometime in the distant future, its been sitting there for ages. hehe

Vicious Elder

MinTheRedd
[ JK ]
Jane Fallen Angel
@JK

*wriggles with excitement* This is so epic. It's cool to know it's designed, so it's not like "It will be there eventually, but we got nothin' right now."

I love all the dev-to-player feedback we've been getting lately. It really sparks more faith in zOMG and lessens a lot of the complaining around the forum.

Also, if you're allowed to tell this, do you work at some big Gaia HQ building? If so, what state is it in? Unless it's not in the states. Then where is it?

If I remember rightly, I heard something about it being in California somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I love these threads. And to hear of so many ideas for new stuff. o,,o I can't wait for them to come out. I love all the work you guys have put into all of this. It really pays off. Especially Gambino's ego matching head! And the Kraken thing. And just yeah, it's all awesome.

Invisible Prophet

That's like impressive, especially the mesh stuff

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas