Welcome to Gaia! ::

luv4manga
I'm not completely sure I understand this "Ghi Boost" thing. Like, I remember hearing something about that, but I can't remember how it works. Where can I see what level of Ghi Boosts I have?
If you look at your stats.
Select self > Character Info > Ghi Boosts

It'll tell you there.

I've previously written a thing about Ghi.

jzmajor
What is Ghi, what are Ghi Boosts and what do they do?(ghi, boosts, abilities, ability)
Oh, yes! These little babies! They are so awesome! However, they do take a while to acquire. Ghi Boosts are sets of statistic raising boosts, if you will. Currently there are only five Ghi Boost available; I wouldn't know if they are planning on adding more. These five boosts increase Willpower, Health, Luck, Dodge and Accuracy.

You can see your current Ghi Boost status in the Ghi tab of your character's statistic pane.
When you select an icon you will see the name of the currently selected boost; the current status of the selected boost; a small description of the selected boost, telling you what number it is in the line and what it does; and a bar that tells you how far away you are from getting the next Ghi boost level.

There are three levels of Ghi Boosts: Minor, Normal (if you want), and Major.
Example, Minor Willpower -> Willpower -> Major Willpower.
The higher the level, the bigger the boost you get.

Ghi is the "life force" (cheesy, I know) that is absorbed into these Ghi boosts. Yes, that was a whole lot of blah, blah, blah. Let me explain, say you have Major Health boost. You get 300 more health when your Ghi meter is at 100 (or 100%). You would get 150 extra heath when your bar is at 50 (or 50%). So on, and so forth: it goes for all boosts.

For the increases in statistics, go to the Ghi Boosts section of z!F Guide to Rings and Ghi.(The guide you are in.

(Full link)

If you are still stuck, ask another question.

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Demon set gives TWO health regeneration? Whyyyyyy?

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Starstorm Angel

Sets are only meant to be small bonuses for those rare cases in which you're carrying all four rings in the set and put them all on the same "hand" (either slots 1-4 or 5-8 ).

For the most part, there is a single ring available that does a better job than the set's bonus. For example, Fortune's Favour (+40 Accuracy, +40 Dodge, +13 Luck) provides a larger bonus than the Ninja set (+30 Accuracy, +30 Dodge).

Generally, it's not worth putting up with 1 or more useless rings (like Adrenaline in the Medic set) for the tiny bonus that the set gives.

Dangerous Genius

pikachufan2164
Starstorm Angel

Sets are only meant to be small bonuses for those rare cases in which you're carrying all four rings in the set and put them all on the same "hand" (either slots 1-4 or 5-8 ).

For the most part, there is a single ring available that does a better job than the set's bonus. For example, Fortune's Favour (+40 Accuracy, +40 Dodge, +13 Luck) provides a larger bonus than the Ninja set (+30 Accuracy, +30 Dodge).

Generally, it's not worth putting up with 1 or more useless rings (like Adrenaline in the Medic set) for the tiny bonus that the set gives.
*ahem*
Fortune's Favor also does a better job than the Angel Set (+3 Luck).
So with a single ring, you can get 33% more power than the Ninja Set and more than 4x the power of the Angel Set!

But yeah, most sets aren't worth using because of small bonuses and/or less-than-useful rings. I still consider the Ninja Set to be viable, if you don't have the FF ring. Stacking Ghost on top of the set bonus makes you almost immune to critical hits. Mantis and Shuriken form a good offensive base, not to mention Divinity's obvious power. That being said, don't feel you have to constrain yourself by using Ring Sets.

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Thard_Verad
pikachufan2164
Starstorm Angel

*ahem*
So with a single ring, you can get 33% more power than the Ninja Set and more than 4x the power of the Angel Set!

But yeah, most sets aren't worth using because of small bonuses and/or less-than-useful rings. I still consider the Ninja Set to be viable, if you don't have the FF ring. Stacking Ghost on top of the set bonus makes you almost immune to critical hits. Mantis and Shuriken form a good offensive base, not to mention Divinity's obvious power. That being said, don't feel you have to constrain yourself by using Ring Sets.

Lol yes I understand the idea that not using sets tends to be a good idea and that if any 1 of the rings is useless in your circumstance that there is a single ring that gives a bonus better than the set, however:

A) This doesn't mean that it SHOULDN'T be a possibly attractive idea to use sets. (given that the rings in it are useful to your circumstance)
B) Some of the sets actually do have bonuses that make them possibly attractive enough to use, such as space trooper, pirate, ninja, chef sets..

Lol but 2 health every 5 seconds? The odds of this effect saving your life... In the course of a minute you would gain 12 health... I don't know what we're fighting, but the odds of that having any impact at all (i.e. not getting back to full health during that time anyways OR becoming that close to dying) seem extremely extremely low. confused I think they could give it a fair amount more without breaking anything... Like maybe even as much as 20 health regen might still be reasonable imo.. I mean Healing halo gives 66... dude why?

Lol I guess I find the description misleading cause I thought demon set actually healed you, but I guess it just makes you feel cooler with your 2 extra health. razz

/endrant

EDIT: only 12 health a minute, lol bad math

Benevolent Codger

Starstorm Angel
Thard_Verad
pikachufan2164
Starstorm Angel

*ahem*

Lol yes I understand the idea that not using sets tends to be a good idea and that if any 1 of the rings is useless in your circumstance that there is a single ring that gives a bonus better than the set, however:

A) This doesn't mean that it SHOULDN'T be a possibly attractive idea to use sets. (given that the rings in it are useful to your circumstance)
B) Some of the sets actually do have bonuses that make them possibly attractive enough to use, such as space trooper, pirate, ninja, chef sets..

Lol but 2 health every 5 seconds? The odds of this effect saving your life... In the course of a minute you would gain 12 health... I don't know what we're fighting, but the odds of that having any impact at all (i.e. not getting back to full health during that time anyways OR becoming that close to dying) seem extremely extremely low. confused I think they could give it a fair amount more without breaking anything... Like maybe even as much as 20 health regen might still be reasonable imo.. I mean Healing halo gives 66... dude why?

Lol I guess I find the description misleading cause I thought demon set actually healed you, but I guess it just makes you feel cooler with your 2 extra health. razz

/endrant

EDIT: only 12 health a minute, lol bad math

The reason that sets are currently unattractive has to do with imbalance between the rings. If all rings were equally balanced, then all sets would be attractive. Since the bonus you're getting is more-or-less free, you'd only be trading the versatility of picking your rings for the additional power, profit, or survivability that that set offers. They do not, however, want sets to be so powerful that any other ring in that slot would be relatively useless.

They made the ring set bonuses with that in mind; now, they simply need to balance the rings in order for it to make sense... 3nodding

Familiar Lunatic

How long before we get a new ring?
I say ~8 months :O

Dangerous Genius

Math check!

2 health every 5 seconds, yes?
1 minute = 60 seconds = 12*5 seconds
12 * 2 health = 24 health every minute.

~~~

At any rate, the demon set COULD be viable, if the regen remained active at all times. I know your natural regen doesn't activate until you go a few seconds without taking damage.

Perfect Saint

Thard_Verad
Math check!

2 health every 5 seconds, yes?
1 minute = 60 seconds = 12*5 seconds
12 * 2 health = 24 health every minute.

~~~

At any rate, the demon set COULD be viable, if the regen remained active at all times. I know your natural regen doesn't activate until you go a few seconds without taking damage.
I forget, is the Demon's regeneration active even when standing like the effect of healing halo or you are required to kneel like the effect of Fitness to see a significant effect?

Familiar Lunatic

=.= I don't remember.
But a post by me back in Feb says "HH/Fitness/Demon occur in battle!", non-stop and unaffected by Kmeeling, whatever that is.
Don't think it changed since.

Perfect Saint

gataka
=.= I don't remember.
But a post by me back in Feb says "HH/Fitness/Demon occur in battle!", non-stop and unaffected by Kmeeling, whatever that is.
Don't think it changed since.
It's been so long for me too. I need to check if the value for the regeneration changes when one is kneeling or standing.

EDIT: Guess not. I seem to remember it did in the far past.

Familiar Lunatic

Aye, before the change to HH and HP Regen early 2010 they did.

Familiar Lunatic

Our Luck and Stamina Regeneration stats are now visible : O
Stam Regen is "0 per second" until you buff it, then it becomes 2 + buffs value or simply 2 once the buff is no more.

Div:

Fit:

Shamwowman:

Odd thing: their "second" appear to last 2 real life seconds ._o?

We should be able to get a better idea of Kneeling's effect.
Quick look, natural Reg, Fit , and Sham appear to be multiplied by 4 when kneeled.
This isn't as clear for Div.

Could someone check all this?

Lobotryas was pretty spot on.
I like passive skills in many MMOs, I was wondering about the Fitness ring. The percentage of how much a boost I get from it increases right? I'm not sure how to tell for myself ^^;

also: how high a level can a ring get?

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Vanishing Illusionist
I like passive skills in many MMOs, I was wondering about the Fitness ring. The percentage of how much a boost I get from it increases right? I'm not sure how to tell for myself ^^;

also: how high a level can a ring get?

The passive stat buff from Fitness scales to CL -- the numbers listed on the first page of the thread refer to the stats of a CL 10 ring. For example, the Accuracy and Dodge boosts given by Fitness are 2×CL, so it gains a +2 bonus every CL.

For the most part, Fitness isn't really worth carrying, since you're much better off with a more specialized crew buff.

The maximum charge level that a ring can attain is 10.0, by the way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff