7,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
OMFG Science
----------------------
Ringset Data
----------------------

Ringsets are combinations of rings that when worn on the same hand will provide a bonus to your stats. If the ring set is active, you'll know because the rings will be surrounded with a distinctive yellow glow.

Athlete
Bonus: 20% Debuff Resistance

Rings:

• Bump
  • Taunt
  • Fitness
  • Turtle

Angel
Bonus: 3 Luck

Rings:

• Hunter's Bow
  • Solar Rays
  • Wish
  • Healing Halo

Chef
Bonus: 70 Dodge

Rings:

• Hack
  • Knife Sharpen
  • Pot Lid
  • Meat

Demon
Bonus: 2 Health Regeneration

Rings:

• Fire Rain
  • Scaredy Cat
  • Teflon Spray
  • Iron Will

Medic
Bonus: 48 Speed

Rings:

• Defibrillate
  • Bandage
  • Diagnose
  • Adrenaline

Ninja
Bonus: 30 Accuracy + 30 Dodge

Rings:

• Mantis
  • Shuriken
  • Divinity
  • Ghost

Pirate
Bonus: 10% Persistent Armor

Rings:

• Slash
  • Quicksand
  • Shark Attack
  • Keen Aye

Prankster
Bonus: 300 Max Health

Rings:

• Gumshoe
  • Heavy Water Balloon
  • Hot Foot
  • Fleet Feet

Shaman
Bonus: 0.2 Stamina Regeneration (Standing), 0.8 Stamina Regeneration (Sitting)

Rings:

• Dervish
  • Hornet's Nest
  • Coyote Spirit
  • Rock Armor

Space Trooper
Bonus: 70 Accuracy

Rings:

• Guns Guns Guns
  • Duct Tape
  • Improbability Sphere
  • My Density

----------------------

Thank you!

Millionaire

I have a question.. what happened to the golden days when people used Diagnose? Now everyone is afraid of the 'intense amount of aggro' they would get in smob, but I always felt as if the crews went smoother and were so much better with this ring being relevant in the game, now it's just frowned upon..

Just something I was thinking, y'know? Sad thinking about it actually..

Business Gaian

2,900 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
OMFG Science
z!F Guide to Rings and Stats

Important Notice: All information in this guide is approximate and for rings that are CL 10*.

Welcome to the zOMG! Forum's Numerical Analysis Thread. (God that's a mouthful). This thread aims to provide definitive numbers to compare rings and what they do so that users can make informed decisions about which ring is better biggrin

( If you have trouble reading or understanding the guide, please post to let us know where the problem is. We're aware that it may not be particularly user friendly, and would like to change that. )

It's not quite complete, but the bulk of the data is there. Most of what's missing is either really really hard to do, or downright impossible >.>;;

Oh, and I should mention that this guide is accurate as of February 21, 2012 (PST) as far as we know.

Incidentally, the # shows the rings comparative DPS ranking. Hack is the highest at #1, Hornet's Nest the lowest at #14. This assumes only 1 target is hit as well.

Go Go Handy Quicklinks!

> Quick Comparison Lists <
> Base Character Stats <
> Mêlée Attack Rings <
> Ranged Attack Rings <
> Debuff/Crowed Control Rings <
> Healing Rings <
> Buff Rings <
> Armor Rings <
> Ring Sets <
> Ghi Boosts <
> Buddies (aka Pets/Summons) <
> Definitions of Terms <
> External Links + Affiliates <

----------------------

*All effects involving stamina regeneration, weight, speed, luck, and armor (minus armor pool) do not scale with CL.

Bump.... Bumpie...
what about rageable buffs. in dms specifically... 'cause one time i was assigning buffs and my crew member askes why i gave him 2 rageables. what does it mean?

Familiar Lunatic

eyeybibi
what about rageable buffs. in dms specifically... 'cause one time i was assigning buffs and my crew member askes why i gave him 2 rageables. what does it mean?

I'm not keen on DMS practices, here's the best answer I've found:
Deldevious
You should assume people have all rings at 10 if they're going to dms, but sometimes people accidentally salvage a buff, or whatever. It happens at all CLs.

Ask if anyone has any rings that they do not have before assigning.
Typically the aggro only carries one buff, Iron, because it's considered to be the most important buff and if it falls it's no ones fault but their own.
Everyone else carries 2 buffs, but 2 people get 3 assigns (their two buffs + adren/knife)

Combination of buffs doesn't really matter, just try to avoid giving one person 2 rageable buffs (Sphere, Rock, Tef, Pot).

You can also ask the aggro if they'd like a Knife in the crew. Since all it does it lower the acc of whatever is knifed, most experienced aggros will say they prefer the crew to bring an extra attack or passive instead of knife.

Aggro buff: Iron
Rage buffs: Pot, Sphere, Rock, Tef
Non-rage buffs: Halo, Div, Coy, Ghost, Dens, Keen
Debuffs: Adren, Knife (optional)

Example would be,

Person A: Tef, Coy, Adren
Person B: Iron (aggro)
Person C: Sphere, Dens
Person D: Ghost, Halo
Person E: Pot, Div
Person F: Rock, Keen

So "rageables" would be the armor buffs used to build up Rage outside of combat.
They're spread around so that more people can do that.

Note that the quote I've found is from Nov 2K12 and may not be up to date.

Alien Lightbringer

eyeybibi
gataka

So "rageables" would be the armor buffs used to build up Rage outside of combat.

since zomg isn't being worked on nothing has changed since 2K12 .
and you're quite right that having a buff you can use to rage with eliminates the need to bring a heal ring to rage with, thus allowing more attacks/passives in the crew.

i would also like to mention that a buff that has been cast on rr4 will not really be overwritten by rr1, even if it will say the buff is r1 on the crew panel. it is a visual glitch.
it's therefor good to know because you can actually continue raging without having to worry to overwrite the rr4 you already did.
Rock is the only one of those that works differently, it can't be used for rage once it has been used with rage. but it also doesn't overwrite it if you accidentially r1 over r4. it just feels safer to know it really is r4 if you are unsure the person with rock (or another raging buff) will rebuff frequently enough.

Familiar Lunatic

luze
I was referring to the culture around the game not the game itself. Like the evolution of how people do Shallow Sea, with all the SEB, SSF, SMEB, SMOB, SAUCISSE A HOTDOG... and I've lost track of how many acronyms are out there...well, never kept track x D

Brief, despite the lack of game changes there was no guarantee people still handled things that way, so thanks for confirming that.
gataka
eyeybibi

I'm not keen on DMS practices, here's the best answer I've found:
Deldevious
You should assume people have all rings at 10 if they're going to dms, but sometimes people accidentally salvage a buff, or whatever. It happens at all CLs.

Ask if anyone has any rings that they do not have before assigning.
Typically the aggro only carries one buff, Iron, because it's considered to be the most important buff and if it falls it's no ones fault but their own.
Everyone else carries 2 buffs, but 2 people get 3 assigns (their two buffs + adren/knife)

Combination of buffs doesn't really matter, just try to avoid giving one person 2 rageable buffs (Sphere, Rock, Tef, Pot).

You can also ask the aggro if they'd like a Knife in the crew. Since all it does it lower the acc of whatever is knifed, most experienced aggros will say they prefer the crew to bring an extra attack or passive instead of knife.

Aggro buff: Iron
Rage buffs: Pot, Sphere, Rock, Tef
Non-rage buffs: Halo, Div, Coy, Ghost, Dens, Keen
Debuffs: Adren, Knife (optional)

Example would be,

Person A: Tef, Coy, Adren
Person B: Iron (aggro)
Person C: Sphere, Dens
Person D: Ghost, Halo
Person E: Pot, Div
Person F: Rock, Keen

thanks guys biggrin
i kind of understand it now smile
luze
eyeybibi
gataka

and you're quite right that having a buff you can use to rage with eliminates the need to bring a heal ring to rage with, thus allowing more attacks/passives in the crew.

i would also like to mention that a buff that has been cast on rr4 will not really be overwritten by rr1, even if it will say the buff is r1 on the crew panel. it is a visual glitch.
it's therefor good to know because you can actually continue raging without having to worry to overwrite the rr4 you already did.
Rock is the only one of those that works differently, it can't be used for rage once it has been used with rage. but it also doesn't overwrite it if you accidentially r1 over r4. it just feels safer to know it really is r4 if you are unsure the person with rock (or another raging buff) will rebuff frequently enough.

thanks guys biggrin
i kind of understand it now smile
gataka
luze
I was referring to the culture around the game not the game itself. Like the evolution of how people do Shallow Sea, with all the SEB, SSF, SMEB, SMOB, SAUCISSE A HOTDOG... and I've lost track of how many acronyms are out there...well, never kept track x D

Brief, despite the lack of game changes there was no guarantee people still handled things that way, so thanks for confirming that.

btw:
eeeh?! there are more now? D: man i keep coming back to being a 'noob' due to this 'evolutions'. i haven't played for a long time and now... sigh sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff