Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Marketplace has my attack style nailed down. xd

I always use Fire first and then Hornets. Like I said, I switch Bump for Guns when I'm serious; i.e., when I'm not on a SS/EB run. So I'm usually bumping easy-to-kill monsters and using my other attacks to help others.

It's true that I eat my Stamina like a fat man at an all-you-can-eat. But I love my Fitness due to the all-around boost it gives, even if it's weak. Plus, I actually don't have Divinity on me, so yeah. sweatdrop

My main method of attacking is hit-and-run, with Fire usage during when I cross the enemy and then Guns and Hornets when I'm farthest (in that order). The distance also gives me time to heal.

When I do get a Divin ring dropped, I'll consider switching out Ol' Faithful.

Familiar Lunatic

tangocat777
Yeah, gonna retract my previous statement based on a new experience I had crewing with Taylor. However, I do still feel that taunt is very well covered by Quicksand's aggro-generating effects already. What would make taunt "work" to you guys? Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with quicksand right now, taunt would have to have a much larger area and be perfectly useful at RR1 for me to consider it useful.
If Taunt generated the same or more amount of fun, the smaller cost and speed would compensate for the lack of Root. Even if Root is mighty useful in such cases.

Spam a working Taunt a few times and the Healer won't have to worry about catching aggro.
zOMG! = rocket science.

dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama

Nice guide.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Penn Almasy
    Mmk. So my ring set is this at the moment:

Bump, Hornets, Fire Rain, Bandage, Sweetheart, Pot Lid, H.Halo, and Fitness. When I'm serious, I switch out Bump for Guns.

Is it good?
In my experience, Hornet's Nest is not only the weakest attack ring, but it's also not very reliable as Crowd Control - though I haven't used it a lot since the rebalance because of the above reasons.

Fitness also, doesn't strike me as particularly stunning, though I know a lot of people swear by it.

Other than those though, it shouldn't be too bad - just make sure when you solo you use Meat rather than Sweetheart. It's a lot more effective ^^

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
    I don't solo, though, and if I do, it's to collect badges.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Penn Almasy
    I don't solo, though, and if I do, it's to collect badges.
Ah, then there's absolutely no need to worry about your set ^^

Unless you're letting the team down by not puling your weight in buffs, it's hard to go wrong in a team. 3nodding

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Legal Bump

Liberal Citizen

6,550 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
Okay I thought I knew ZOMG till I read a couple of your threads, now I feel like a idiot. So I have a question, what do you think of this ring set.

1. Solar Rays
2. Bandage
3. Shark attack
4. Mantis
5. Fire Rain
6. Deffib.
7. Divinty
8. Buff/ Crowd Control

( I change 7&8 when I do SS/ Boss runs)

What does anyone think I should change?

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
jrduly
Okay I thought I knew ZOMG till I read a couple of your threads, now I feel like a idiot. So I have a question, what do you think of this ring set.

1. Solar Rays
2. Bandage
3. Shark attack
4. Mantis
5. Fire Rain
6. Deffib.
7. Divinty
8. Buff/ Crowd Control

( I change 7&8 when I do SS/ Boss runs)

What does anyone think I should change?
Shark Attack I never found all that useful, maybe try Hack there.

Otherwise, as long as you're crewing it should be okay.

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
I`m going to ask for pointers on my ring build also.
I have: guns guns guns, hack, bandage, dervish, divinity, bump, coyote spirit and fitness,
Yes, I do think i have too many attack rings. any helpful advice? {with a focus on soloing}

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
High Hallowd Hat
I have: guns guns guns, hack, bandage, dervish, divinity, bump, coyote spirit and fitness,
Yes, I do think i have too many attack rings. any helpful advice? {with a focus on soloing}
With 4 attacks, you are probably at the upper end of the attack scale. Any particular reason you're using Bump?

Also, your buffs probably aren't enough to support you if you're soloing. You'll generally want ones that help keep you alive. Meat, Armor, Healing Halo - things like that.

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Valheita
High Hallowd Hat
With 4 attacks, you are probably at the upper end of the attack scale. Any particular reason you're using Bump?

Also, your buffs probably aren't enough to support you if you're soloing. You'll generally want ones that help keep you alive. Meat, Armor, Healing Halo - things like that.

Thanks. Although I just salvaged a HH, I'll get a Meat soon. Oh and sorry for posting in a dead thread. I've read your new version. It is awesome. I use bump because it is for those enemies that deal damage solely in melee, because I won't get hit. Also, fitness sucks the big one.

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
This is helpful, I go with the generalist build myself.
I'd like to point out that putting your healing rings/diagnose in your first few ring slots makes living much easier when revived from death. It also is convenient when you're revived with only two unlocked rings, and other crew members are dead as well.

For funsies, give me some pointers on my ring set? (mainly for SS hard)
(hah, I'm the definition of generalist)

defibrillator, bandage, slash, mantis, dervish, buff, buff, buff
(the three buffs change depending on what the crew as a whole still needs)

there has been a lot of contradictions about if mantis or hack is better regarding damage per second. Can you clear that up? (hack uses much more stamina)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff