Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Ace of Shadows 2
Getting away from a ******** obnoxious metaphor, I'll say I'll support zOMG! for as long as I can stand it, and where I can reasonably afford to. I do cash offers, buy cards every now and then, and wait for an item to wow me. They'll wow me when they make anchor bugs into pets. (Yes, I think they're cute. Yes, I know it's weird.)

And I'll play whenever time allows me, and voice my opinion on where I think it could improve. I think things are currently looking up for the game, actually, though it clearly will be very slow traveling to the awesome parts.
Aww, the metaphor isn't that bad. It's just a little strained D:

Mister Male
Also, I hate carrots, can they be cheeseburgers instead?
You can, but then you'd have to be a cat, and cats can't pull carriages.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I guess I'm not displaying a lot of horse sense when I say that I've been spending irl cash on zOMG items with no real interest in the carrots.

While I would doubtless be happy for some substantive new content, I'm buying Buddies and Power-ups to support the game and Devs as it stands.

So I guess one might say that, although my bridle and bit are securely in place, and I am indeed pulling along with the team, I'm just happy to be out of the barn and having a nice wander around the countryside with the rest of the horses. smile

Fiye's Wife

12,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Valheita
I'll start out by explaining my analogy. You, the players, are a team of horses. Your continued payments for pets etc.. are you pulling the carriage. The carriage here being zOMG! "development".

To keep you pulling the carriage, they tempt you with juicy carrots. Undermountain, Buccaneer Boardwalk, Durem Mines, Isle de Gambino, Epic Recipes etc...

My question is: How many of you are still pulling the carriage, in desperate yearning for those delicious carrots which you'll never get >.>;; ?

Also, I'm curious as to how much longer you're willing to pull the carriage, if you haven't given up already.

Hmmm... To be perfectly honest, I'm close to giving up on zOMG. While I absolutely appreciate JK's work, it seems like everyone else, including the Gaia management doesn't give a damn about the game, it's users and the community that it has spawned.

To make matters worse, they keep putting out pets to get money out of us but we have yet to see the release of the content those pets were SUPPOSED to be funding in the first place. I understand that there aren't as many people working on the game and all, but in away, that could all be the means to finally kill the game on account of people just getting tired of being lied to.

I see it this way, just like tumors die off when you cut their blood supply, they hope zOMG will die off once people begin to lose interest in it. That way they can use the excuse of "not enough people playing" to just shut the whole thing down. Not buying pets/powerups to protest only helps that goal, so hardcore users *like I used to consider myself* are really left with no other option, if you want to be able to play the game, you HAVE to put money into it. Nevermind the fact that you've been waiting for the Undermountain *or whatever it's called now* since January or how even though we all tried our best to help the game by buying pets and such, they STILL got rid of Mav.

And don't even get me started on the whole Swarf fiasco calling users "abusers". There went a nice chunk of HABITUAL players. Hell, I wasn't affected by the nerf and I still didn't feel like playing for weeks just because no one was ever on and because personally, I though it was the most moronic statement anyone could ever make about their costumers. Yes, costumers, because one way or another, we all have paid to play here. Be it by buying cash, powerups or pets, we are still basically paying to enjoy an awesome game with some of the crappiest management in the history of games.

I completely deviated from the topic didn't I? =/

In the end, I'm a masochist, because I still cling to the hope that the game will magically take a turn for the better. So even after that bitchrant up there, come Thursday, I'll probly end up buying at least one pet when the new ones are released.

Yeah, damn tasty carrots better get here... D:<

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
~Darklady_Adsagsona~
A little, but it was most informative anyway ^^

Fiye's Wife

12,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Valheita
~Darklady_Adsagsona~
A little, but it was most informative anyway ^^

sweatdrop

Mega Hoarder

The only GC I earn is thru the offers, and not much, so I haven't really helped much I guess, tho I do have 5 summons, gifted and bought on mp.

Anyway, my interest in pulling is waning, since it begins to seem as if Gaia will never really support the game the way they should.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff